PDA

View Full Version : Import questions bout pso eps.1 &2

Mr_Snuggles
Jun 28, 2002, 07:48 PM
i have a few questions bout this. 1. i want to import pso eps1&2 but my friend sais i need to mod my GC. well and he also said that its no use that i need the JP modem and that it doesnt fit in the american GC. so i was wondering if i should import JP GC and the game with everything else. or buy a US GC and mod it.? the point is that i want JP PSO eps1&2 and i want to know if either GC will work... help me out please.

GhoStar
Jun 28, 2002, 07:53 PM
Your friend is talking with his butt cheeks!

Yes you need a mod or Japanese Gamecube, but hardware is always universal, so he made that bit about the Japanese modem not fitting in a US GC...

Ina
Jun 28, 2002, 07:59 PM
but isnt JP 110V, and US, and other countries 220V? does that makes a difference?

rbf2000
Jun 28, 2002, 08:10 PM
Doesn't make a differance. I think all that matters is whether it is NTSC or pal.

rbf2000
Jun 28, 2002, 08:14 PM
P.S. is it supposed to look like this (http://members.lycos.co.uk/rbf2000/screen.jpg)?

watashiwa
Jun 28, 2002, 08:25 PM
Nope, his signature broke the forum and has since been taken from him because his signature had been edited in the past as well.

Ina
Jun 28, 2002, 10:28 PM
NTSC is 60Hz, PAL is 50Hz, it only affect the video output(the frame rate), so, I dont think it will affect the modem.

anyhow, my bro said the EU DC's modem works on JP DC, and vise versa. so I think US GC mite b possibly to use the JP modem(and watashiwa and other beta 2 testers r using the modem on their GCs anyway)

If u want the game to work on the US GC, u'll have to mod it. if not, just import a JP GC.

BrokenHope
Jun 29, 2002, 04:18 AM
On 2002-06-28 17:59, Ina wrote:
but isnt JP 110V, and US, and other countries 220V? does that makes a difference?

US and jp are around 110 give or take a few volts but no problems there EU is 230volts. Voltage doesn't even matter concerning the modem, since all GCs take 12 volts the adaptor you plug into your gc is the thing that takes the 110volts or the 230volts and steps it down to the 12volts the GC needs.

LOL rbf2000 voltage matters alot, if i plugged my japanese GC which needs 110 volts into the plug here in UK i'd have a broken GC. But as japan and US use basicly the same voltage and tv standards things are pretty much universal.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LuvSlave on 2002-06-29 02:21 ]</font>

Mr_Snuggles
Jul 1, 2002, 04:50 PM
thanks =D that really helps. now the second Q. is where would i go take my GC to mod it =/ ?

Ina
Jul 1, 2002, 06:45 PM
www.ncsx.com

I think this is teh site most of them mod their GC at(i hope i got the url rite http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Mr_Snuggles
Jul 1, 2002, 07:49 PM
thanks =] ill go there and see. i really appreciate all ur help! =D

Greg
Jul 1, 2002, 08:08 PM
All this has been posted several times.

Kenks23
Jul 1, 2002, 08:49 PM
Good job greg.

Dangerous55
Jul 1, 2002, 09:38 PM
On 2002-07-01 18:08, Greg wrote:

Yea but Greg people are so lazy they cant move there mouse hand 2 inches. Silly Greg.

SLyNKee
Jul 1, 2002, 11:52 PM
Hey you be nice to Mr. Snuggles!

And andre you should just wait for US PSO its only like a month differnce in release dates

Rhete
Jul 2, 2002, 12:45 AM
Maybe someone *cough*watashiwa*cough* should make an import guide and sticky it, and ban everyone that makes new importing topics =P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rhete on 2002-07-03 13:35 ]</font>

Dangerous55
Jul 2, 2002, 12:50 AM
On 2002-07-01 22:45, Rhete wrote:
Maybe someone *cough*watshiwa*cough* should make an import guide and sticky it, and ban everyone that makes new importing topics =P

Hmm, thats a excellent idea. And also sticky some topics about who is importing, and who is actually getting the game. There seem to be a million topics like that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Greg
Jul 2, 2002, 11:46 AM
On 2002-07-01 19:38, Dangerous55 wrote:

On 2002-07-01 18:08, Greg wrote:

Yea but Greg people are so lazy they cant move there mouse hand 2 inches. Silly Greg.

Well Slap my ass and call me a bitch phillip

Mr_Snuggles
Jul 2, 2002, 07:11 PM
well greg i havent seen any topics about this question whenever i go on so kiss my azz. dont try to insult me if u think i makes u feel better about ur self. anyways, hey slynkee, miguel told me it comes out in nov? i didnt know when it comes out and u always know i believe him when he talks about games cuz hes always at sites bout that kinda stuff. but um just tell me what site i can find that information about so i can rest assured =] oh and thanks for sticking up for me

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Jul 2, 2002, 07:43 PM
On 2002-07-02 17:11, Mr_Snuggles wrote:
well greg i havent seen any topics about this question whenever i go on so kiss my azz. dont try to insult me if u think i makes u feel better about ur self. anyways, hey slynkee, miguel told me it comes out in nov? i didnt know when it comes out and u always know i believe him when he talks about games cuz hes always at sites bout that kinda stuff. but um just tell me what site i can find that information about so i can rest assured =] oh and thanks for sticking up for me

Nice going Snugs. Those two need to get a life anyways. All they do is post in topics negatively. They are in no way productive.

Back to Topic. Theres only a month difference in release? Where can I go to confirm this? I'm probraly still importing.

Rubesahl
Jul 3, 2002, 10:16 AM
Yes, as there is a sticky about challenge mode, there should be one about this kind of topic. Also an importing guide when the final version comes out. I'd be more than happy to help out in this stuff by the way, so just e-mail me if you want.

On topic. I wouldn't be surprised in Nintendo announces the real US right after a couple of days or weeks of it's release in Japan V__v; Surely they'd preffer people not to import, well I think http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif . If they do that all the people that waited for the real date will be in despair only hearing about the import version already http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I sure am one happy importer http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubesahl on 2002-07-03 08:21 ]</font>

Wewt
Jul 3, 2002, 11:09 AM
On 2002-07-02 17:43, Javier_Von_Fenrir wrote:
Nice going Snugs. Those two need to get a life anyways. All they do is post in topics negatively. They are in no way productive.

Umm...I am in no way defending anybody here but...lighten up? Stop being so serious over PSO...

Dangerous55
Jul 3, 2002, 11:24 AM
No no, Javier is right, we are bad boys. We try to have fun on a forum board. Damn us! Sometimes, when I am feeling really bad about myself, I make a joke about how lazy a person can get. Then I realise its of 0 signifigince becuase I have no idea who this person is. I have brought nothing to these boards, I have gave no useful information in my 1 year + service here. Or, at least until Javier was here, after all, he does read eevry single topic completely.

Greg
Jul 3, 2002, 02:54 PM
On 2002-07-03 09:24, Dangerous55 wrote:
No no, Javier is right, we are bad boys. We try to have fun on a forum board. Damn us! Sometimes, when I am feeling really bad about myself, I make a joke about how lazy a person can get. Then I realise its of 0 signifigince becuase I have no idea who this person is. I have brought nothing to these boards, I have gave no useful information in my 1 year + service here. Or, at least until Javier was here, after all, he does read eevry single topic completely.

ur such an azz. srously ppl liek us need to shtup!!!!11
I flmae n00bz cuz I m a tottl lozer! N07 becuse thy can't read a fuking topic that haz ben p0std liek 30 timz.

watashiwa
Jul 3, 2002, 03:17 PM
When I receive my import, I will attempt to make an import guide as it really shouldn't be too hard.

And if I fail or am lazy, I'll just ask my friend Ah King if we can post his on PSOW.

At any rate, there will be no problems finding an import guide here at PSOW for the Gamecube version once it's out, so no worries there.

Greg
Jul 3, 2002, 03:39 PM
Even if the on screen instructions are in english AND there are lots of pictures you just know there will be like 30 topics saying "I NED HELP GETTIN ONLINE!!!!!!!11"

watashiwa
Jul 3, 2002, 03:41 PM
On 2002-07-03 13:39, Greg wrote:
Even if the on screen instructions are in english AND there are lots of pictures you just know there will be like 30 topics saying "I NED HELP GETTIN ONLINE!!!!!!!11"

Haha, yep. ^_^ It's funny 'cuz it's true. =P