PDA

View Full Version : Are Section ID's important to what people you play with?

SMOKU_9X
Jun 28, 2002, 10:02 PM
I just wanted to know if Section ID's are used to split people into groups of the PSO universe. I've never been online yet.......till the 'Cube.
(Anyone can benefit from this)

TeamPhalanx
Jun 28, 2002, 10:36 PM
Section id just determines the type of items you'll find.

Wynd
Jun 28, 2002, 10:38 PM
Section ID basically governs what items your character can find in the game. For example, Oran finds Daggers more frequently, wands and swords are more common, but rods are rare. Yellowboze's find more money, but can supposedly find any other weapon equally. A multiplayer game uses the leader's (one who created the game) Section ID.

SMOKU_9X
Jun 29, 2002, 02:42 PM
I seem always to be in Whitill or that purplenum. What does that give you?

BaronLaw
Jun 29, 2002, 03:04 PM
With regards to the question on what items Whitill and Purplenum find more often, and less often, than others.

1.) Whitill
Very Frequent: Slicers
Frequent: Mechguns
Uncommon: Shotgun

2.) Purplenum
Very Frequent: Mechguns
Frequent: Daggers
Uncommon: Swords

BaronLaw

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BaronLaw on 2002-06-29 13:10 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BaronLaw on 2002-06-29 13:11 ]</font>

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Jun 29, 2002, 03:19 PM
Can some one do me a big favor and tell me what Bluefulls, Viridias, Skylys, Whitills find?

I've been having a hard time deciding what my two chars for PSO should be called.

Alisha
Jun 29, 2002, 03:23 PM
bluefull-partisans
viridia-shots
skyly-swords
and as BL said whitill is slicers

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Jun 29, 2002, 03:52 PM
Do any of the Id's specialize in Sabers? Purplenum perhaps? (even though i always thought purplenum specialized in daggers).

Alisha
Jun 29, 2002, 03:56 PM
i would imagine yellowboze since it has the best chance of finding kaldalogs and durandals

Rhete
Jun 29, 2002, 06:51 PM
*lists everything*

Hunter IDs
Partisans-Blueful
Swords-Skyly
Slicers-Whitill
Daggers-Oran

Ranger IDs
Shots-Viridia
Rifles-Greenill
Mechguns-Purplenum

Force IDs
Techs/Wands-Pinkal

General IDs
Armor-Redria
Money-Yellowboze

Did I miss any? =P

SMOKU_9X
Jun 30, 2002, 09:40 PM
The ID Calc isn't showing what I get in Ver.2, strange.........is there a trick?

CodeName62
Jul 3, 2002, 12:25 PM
On 2002-06-30 19:40, SMOKU_9X wrote:
The ID Calc isn't showing what I get in Ver.2, strange.........is there a trick?

The ID Calculator, just tells you what your Section ID will be, with the name you decide to use. It was designed to help people get their desired ID, so they wouldn't have to use the the trial and error method, everytime they made a new character. However somewhere, there is a list of what each section ID finds. I just can't remember the link.

Greg
Jul 3, 2002, 02:50 PM
In a perfect world you section ID would make a difference but thanks to Sega's joke of a Rare system it matters once every 400 hours or so if you are lucky.