PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star: Listen to the music

Skuda
Sep 13, 2004, 08:12 PM
If you listen to the battle music of Phantasy Star 2, you might find it somewhat familiar.

It is actualy quite similar to the VR spaceship song.

Shadowpawn
Sep 13, 2004, 08:16 PM
Someone noticed...the VR song is a remixed ver of the PS2 song. The composer admited to it in a interview.

Edit: forgot "in"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-13 18:38 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Sep 13, 2004, 08:43 PM
And there's a piece at one point in PSIV that sounds like the Temple battle music. Amusingly, the place's look is vaguely(very vaguely) remeniscent of Temple, and among the monsters there is something that resembles a Chaos Bringer.

Shadowpawn
Sep 13, 2004, 08:49 PM
On 2004-09-13 18:43, Ian-KunX wrote:
And there's a piece at one point in PSIV that sounds like the Temple battle music. Amusingly, the place's look is vaguely(very vaguely) remeniscent of Temple, and among the monsters there is something that resembles a Chaos Bringer.

Noy sure of the PSIV music thing but I know the Temple was based off of the sunken island in PSIII (forgot generation.) Chaos Bringer have been in other PS game but under different names. They are in PS 1, PS 2 and PS 4.

anwserman
Sep 15, 2004, 03:33 AM
Since this is being brought up, the music for the go-karts in "Twinkle Park" from Sonic Adventure was remixed from "Puppet Panic" in Sonic 3D Blast.

PJ
Sep 15, 2004, 06:42 AM
On 2004-09-15 01:33, anwserman wrote:
Since this is being brought up, the music for the go-karts in "Twinkle Park" from Sonic Adventure was remixed from "Puppet Panic" in Sonic 3D Blast.

That was the first thing I noticed when I got to that stage http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Alright, I don't think this really counts, but when Gal Gryphon does the weird explosion attack, it makes a sound effect from Sonic Spinball. Odd http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

agenevil
Sep 15, 2004, 06:46 AM
The lilies make the laugh noise of that damn gremlin demon thing thing in house of the dead 2, and the trap (ddetect) noise is, also.

Rain_1
Sep 15, 2004, 09:56 AM
i still can't believe nobody noticed it...

but the spaceship song is the battle theme from phantasy star one remixed... but phantasy star one is from master system, in 1988, and most pso players have what, 15 years.... yeah, sounds right that nobody would notice it... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Solstis
Sep 15, 2004, 11:20 AM
On 2004-09-15 07:56, Rain_1 wrote:

but the spaceship song is the battle theme from phantasy star one remixed... but phantasy star one is from master system, in 1988, and most pso players have what, 15 years.... yeah, sounds right that nobody would notice it... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Unless they were smart and bought it for the Gameboy.

And you'll notice some shared sounds between SoA, Panzer Orta, and Phantasy Star Online.

That, and the stupid Power Puff Girls show has a scream sound effect that the Terran Academy makes in Starcraft.

Shadowpawn
Sep 15, 2004, 01:15 PM
On 2004-09-15 07:56, Rain_1 wrote:

I've played PS 1 (on the master system and the GBA), it doesn't sound like that at all.
It sounds like PS 2 battle song and PS 1 title song mixed in my opinion. However the composer said it was a remix of the PS 2 song. I read that in a game mag somewhere, just can't remember which one.

Rain_1
Sep 15, 2004, 05:37 PM
I've played PS 1 (on the master system and the GBA), it doesn't sound like that at all.
It sounds like PS 2 battle song and PS 1 title song mixed in my opinion. However the composer said it was a remix of the PS 2 song. I read that in a game mag somewhere, just can't remember which one.

i'm talking about A longing to ancient times PART2... maybe it's from temple? I haven't played episode2 that much yet.... specially the spaceship/temple areas...
There are other parts of the song who don't resemble the battle theme from ps1, but it's still there...

also, the same song is avaliable on pso ver2...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rain_1 on 2004-09-15 15:37 ]</font>

Shadowpawn
Sep 15, 2004, 05:45 PM
On 2004-09-15 15:37, Rain_1 wrote:

i'm talking about A longing to ancient times PART2... maybe it's from temple? I haven't played episode2 that much yet.... specially the spaceship/temple areas...
There are other parts of the song who don't resemble the battle theme from ps1, but it's still there...

also, the same song is avaliable on pso ver2...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rain_1 on 2004-09-15 15:37 ]</font>

Yeah that's the Temple and your right, it is the PS 1 battle song remixed when you think about it, they did use parts of the song in A longing to acient times PART 2.
However I'm certain that the battle song in PS 2 was used for the spcaeship. It just sounds similar...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-15 15:47 ]</font>

Evil_Althena8
Sep 15, 2004, 06:35 PM
The battle music for De Rol Le sounds really really familiar. I've only played PSIV out of the phantasy stars but it sounds like its a remix from that...i dunno i could be wrong.

TR-808
Sep 15, 2004, 07:26 PM
well to be honest, after having to hear the music over and over and over and over and over again and again, I finally turned it off and started randomly putting on music in my Itunes playlist.

my 2 cents, ok back underneath my rock.

Rain_1
Sep 15, 2004, 07:28 PM
well tr-808... too bad for you, since pso music kicks massive amounts of ass.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Shadowpawn
Sep 15, 2004, 07:29 PM
On 2004-09-15 17:26, TR-808 wrote:
well to be honest, after having to hear the music over and over and over and over and over again and again, I finally turned it off and started randomly putting on music in my Itunes playlist.

my 2 cents, ok back underneath my rock.

Some Ppl do that...it's does get repetitive after awhile.

TR-808
Sep 15, 2004, 07:42 PM
not like anybody cares, but here is a sample from my itunes playlist:

David Bowie - Greatest HIts

Blur - Think Tank

Sasha - Involver

Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine

Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battle the Pink Robots

The Prodigy - Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned

Shadowpawn
Sep 16, 2004, 07:11 PM
Sometimes I like to just listen to the music in PSO from the menu.

Fav PSO songs
Ruins Part 2
Idola cry for the holy
Idola have the divine sword
Idola hold the immoral feather
Ep 2 ending song (It's just so beautiful)