PDA

View Full Version : XBox vs GameCube

KveerRaven
Sep 14, 2004, 09:41 AM
Ok. I've run into a bit of a dilemma when it comes down to me deciding if I should purchase the XBox version of PSO for online play or the GameCube version.

1. I already have a character on my friend's GC version in which *once I get online* he can give me all of his rares and mags that I've created with that character, which will then go to the new character I start.

2. Get the XBox version and start a WHOLE new character from scratch, including rares.

I just want everyones different opinions because either way, it means having to purchase the game system as well. Thanks in advance.

Hrith
Sep 14, 2004, 10:09 AM
Gamecube is cheaper, has way better games overall, and PSO on Xbox sucks compared to GC. Easy choice.

KveerRaven
Sep 14, 2004, 10:13 AM
On 2004-09-14 08:09, Kef wrote:
Gamecube is cheaper, has way better games overall, and PSO on Xbox sucks compared to GC. Easy choice.

I've heard similar opinions before. And you're right, GC is cheaper. hmmmm....

Blue-Hawk
Sep 14, 2004, 10:43 AM
Let me get this straight. Your friend has a cube with your rares and character on it and you want them, right? Why not jusy go to his place and transfer them VIA offline multiplayer? I used to do that all the time.

KveerRaven
Sep 14, 2004, 01:32 PM
On 2004-09-14 08:43, Blue-Hawk wrote:
Let me get this straight. Your friend has a cube with your rares and character on it and you want them, right? Why not jusy go to his place and transfer them VIA offline multiplayer? I used to do that all the time.

You know, that would be great, and I've done that myself as well, but there's an incy wincy bity tiny problem with that. I now live in Florida where he still lives in California, hehehe which is why I started this thread in the first place.

ABDUR101
Sep 14, 2004, 03:05 PM
We don't allow fanboy wars, so lets keep this discussion logical and mature.

Skuda
Sep 14, 2004, 07:04 PM
the only real upside to the X-box, would be the X-box live. It would be nice if Nintendo could pull something like that off.

Shadowpawn
Sep 14, 2004, 08:44 PM
Go with GC, it's just a better ver.

Saiffy
Sep 14, 2004, 09:23 PM
On 2004-09-14 17:04, Scott_Kuda wrote:
the only real upside to the X-box, would be the X-box live. It would be nice if Nintendo could pull something like that off.

Remember the April Fool's joke, GameCube Live *begins to find the pictures*

And i think this thread is gonna get locked in a couple posts http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Blue-Hawk
Sep 14, 2004, 11:07 PM
Here's another idea, Kveer. Why not just UPS your memory card to him? Might cost a bit, but at least you will have your stuff. Or maybe have him get another card, make a character and transfer the stuff over and send it to you. Tell him you will reimburse him the costs.

RuneLateralus
Sep 15, 2004, 12:55 AM
For PSO, I say GC. More people on it and a more suitable audience. In personal preference of all of the games themselves, Xbox just has more titles that interest me, plus Xbox Live has an amazing line up coming up in both fighting games and shooters that GC doesn't have.

KveerRaven
Sep 15, 2004, 09:56 AM
Thanks guys. I think I've decided on sticking with GC, and I probably will do the UPS thing, thats not a bad idea in the least!

Genoa
Sep 15, 2004, 04:16 PM
Good choice, GC's great.
But in terms of technology, the Xbox does win over the GC. Mostly because it's microsoft and there's alot of technology in that big box... And it plays DVDs. Graphics overall look pretty much the same. I mean I can't tell the differance...
Gamecube was made as a simplistic video game system (as all of their creations)
Xbox is advanced with various features and stuff like that. (hints why GC was $200 when it came out and XBOX/PS2 was $300... And the fact Xbox and PS2 played dvds boosted the price for developing the system with a built-in dvd player... obvious)
In my opinion, GC does have a better selection of games because I like Nintendo (like, the games that Nintendo makes... like Super Smash and stuff). But if you perfer mircrosoft games, or just a wider selection of various subordinate game making brands, Xbox would be more for you.
And don't go getting a system for one game... there will be others later you might want.

EphekZ
Sep 15, 2004, 11:31 PM
I go with nintendo all the way but it really depends on your opinion. they both have their pros and cons and bla bla bla, one hting cool about X-BOX (modified which costs like 200 bucks!) anyways you can download games you rent on your X-BOX(crap did I just break a rule?)

I am curious of one thing I know its BS but dumbasses at my school are saying you can only play X-BOX ver. online, me being gullible and all confused and highly doubtful asks X-BOX owners

KveerRaven
Sep 16, 2004, 09:21 AM
On 2004-09-15 14:16, MegamanX wrote:
Good choice, GC's great.
But in terms of technology, the Xbox does win over the GC. Mostly because it's microsoft and there's alot of technology in that big box... And it plays DVDs. Graphics overall look pretty much the same. I mean I can't tell the differance...
Gamecube was made as a simplistic video game system (as all of their creations)
Xbox is advanced with various features and stuff like that. (hints why GC was $200 when it came out and XBOX/PS2 was $300... And the fact Xbox and PS2 played dvds boosted the price for developing the system with a built-in dvd player... obvious)
In my opinion, GC does have a better selection of games because I like Nintendo (like, the games that Nintendo makes... like Super Smash and stuff). But if you perfer mircrosoft games, or just a wider selection of various subordinate game making brands, Xbox would be more for you.
And don't go getting a system for one game... there will be others later you might want.

Very true, but I'm advid fan of Sony, so I've had a PS2 since they came out. So, the DVD playing capability thing is no problem. I'll be getting an XBox anyway, though. I wanna be able to play Fable and then play Halo 2 with some friends back in Cali.

Rainbowlemon
Sep 16, 2004, 09:26 AM
Gamecube. Hell, I OWN an Xbox and I agree on gamecube. Xbox is so much more hassle to set up, you can't play offline without a Live ID, and from what I've heard, there are more, and nicer, people on the Gamecube.

kevlar_pso
Sep 16, 2004, 11:22 AM
I would say go with Xbox. In my opinion, the Xbox version is the purest of the two versions thanx to the PSO patches for Xbox. If some1 is usin a hacked item in a game, no1 will find any rares just as an example. Besides, askin which version is better here at PSOWorld, is like goin to the DNC and askin ppls who they're gonna vote for.