PDA

View Full Version : Avoiding Evil Lobbys

AlphaDoom
Sep 14, 2004, 12:45 PM
Ok my mate got corrupted after 10 mins being online for his very 1st time on the gc. Which lobbys are the most safe?

Butoden
Sep 14, 2004, 12:55 PM
The quiet ones I think.

AlphaDoom
Sep 14, 2004, 12:56 PM
Which is? I ain't quite use to the lobbys since the pso1 age.

Fireal
Sep 14, 2004, 12:59 PM
rather than telling you that, and hence causing a mad rush to these lobbies I will tell you where not to go.
Do NOT go to Vega.
Blocks 1 and 2 are usually very busy (FSOD can occur when trying to enter a budy lobby).
This is also where the majority of the gamers who cheat hang out, and somehow this has apparently had some effect on the stability of this ship, causing more FSODs and FSODX.
Deneb 9 is sometimes a place to avoid, its a generally good ship, but sometimes the lobby can get full, and people like to spam there *cough*Gwimmel*cough*.
Other than that, most ships are generally safe to enter.

A piece of friendly advice though.
If you try to enter a block, and get FSOD, and then try again, and FSOD again.
Do NOT try again, there is a glitch which allows people to FSOD players entering a lobby.
And for some reason people like to sit and stop others accessing a block.

FSOD - Frozen Screen Of Death, where the screen freezes, you get a buzzing sound, and more often than not, you lose all unequipped items.
FSODX - When you get FSOD during saving, it causes your PSO data to corrupt, this makes it unusable, it is sometimes possible to remedy the corruption though...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fireal on 2004-09-14 11:01 ]</font>

Angelzero
Sep 14, 2004, 01:06 PM
So FSOD wouldnt be too much of a problem by putting all unequipped items in storage?

As for the X version...that really sucks and makes me wonder if I want to go online. If there was a way to make a backup on another memory card this wouldnt be too much of a problem...but noo, the stupid GC wont let me copy the data..which makes me wonder what I should do if the X were to happen.

O..and what is this remedy? O_o

Butoden
Sep 14, 2004, 01:11 PM
On 2004-09-14 10:56, AlphaDoom wrote:
Which is? I ain't quite use to the lobbys since the pso1 age.
Im not online, PLUS I wouldn't know if the same lobby is quiet the one day and crowded the second, so your friend has to use his own judgement. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Calibur
Sep 14, 2004, 01:46 PM
yeah Vega = oberon = hacker land.

Fireal
Sep 14, 2004, 05:30 PM
First up, depositing all valuable unequipped items before leaving a game is a good idea.
As this way you don't lose anything if you FSOD.

You can see if a block is busy by pressing X on it, this tells you how many people are in a block, tha maximum is 100, but there are ways to get around this.

It is possible to back-up your data, but only if you have a USB GC Card, which is available from Lik-Sang.

And last but not least, don't let your fear of corruption stop you enjoying online play.
It very very rarely happens if you stay in the right ships.

Jack
Sep 15, 2004, 03:19 AM
On 2004-09-14 15:30, Fireal wrote:
It is possible to back-up your data, but only if you have a USB GC Card, which is available from Lik-Sang.

Or if you use CTR-GCS.

Angelzero
Sep 15, 2004, 08:09 AM
On 2004-09-15 01:19, Jack wrote:

Or if you use CTR-GCS.

Are those easy to find? I never heard of them..O_o

Mystil
Sep 15, 2004, 09:08 AM
On 2004-09-14 10:59, Fireal wrote:
rather than telling you that, and hence causing a mad rush to these lobbies I will tell you where not to go.
Do NOT go to Vega.
Blocks 1 and 2 are usually very busy (FSOD can occur when trying to enter a budy lobby).
This is also where the majority of the gamers who cheat hang out, and somehow this has apparently had some effect on the stability of this ship, causing more FSODs and FSODX.
Deneb 9 is sometimes a place to avoid, its a generally good ship, but sometimes the lobby can get full, and people like to spam there *cough*Gwimmel*cough*.
Other than that, most ships are generally safe to enter.

A piece of friendly advice though.
If you try to enter a block, and get FSOD, and then try again, and FSOD again.
Do NOT try again, there is a glitch which allows people to FSOD players entering a lobby.
And for some reason people like to sit and stop others accessing a block.

FSOD - Frozen Screen Of Death, where the screen freezes, you get a buzzing sound, and more often than not, you lose all unequipped items.
FSODX - When you get FSOD during saving, it causes your PSO data to corrupt, this makes it unusable, it is sometimes possible to remedy the corruption though...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fireal on 2004-09-14 11:01 ]</font>

Don't go to Vega block 1. But 2.

And denab 9 is not a safe haven either. Modest cheaters like me who want a little peace can't go there. So don't bother if you are a non legit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2004-09-15 07:10 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2004-09-15 07:11 ]</font>

Superguppie
Sep 15, 2004, 09:48 AM
On 2004-09-15 06:09, Angelzero wrote:

On 2004-09-15 01:19, Jack wrote:

Or if you use CTR-GCS.

Are those easy to find? I never heard of them..O_o

As said, the card is at Lik-Sang. How easy do you want it?
As for CTR-GCS. We can say it exists and that it allows you te backup the data on your cards. But that's where it ends. It took me less than half an hour to find, so I guess I should call it easy...

Seval
Sep 15, 2004, 11:14 AM
Most EU ships are quite safe. but on weekends almost anywhere can GET you. And thanks for telling me where hacker land is, I'll avoid it with much preludice.

Tsudo_Plat
Sep 15, 2004, 03:16 PM
Yes, freaking Gwimmel is annoying...

but I would say to stay away from Vega entirely. Deneb is ok and so is Altair, but I would advise you to stay away from trading on Deneb if your legit. There has been this rash of people using dupes that claim they are legit and it makes it really annoying. I had a HUmar the other day tell me that melee FOmars are for n00bs and then began to tell me that he owns me because he has an unsealed J-Sword.... Not to mention he was a low level and was also using all sorts of other uber legit items... Ugh... I hate cheaters that claim to be legit.