PDA

View Full Version : Some help please...

Link_Dead
Sep 14, 2004, 04:33 PM
Hey all, Sup, LD here with yet another stupid question... Please feel free to flame me to hell and back if you hate it.

here goes... My FOmar Darca is level 101 with a pinkal section ID. Im Offline only and am a Spell spammer. My equipment follows, a 4 slot valvant frame, Divinity Barrier, Summit moon+4, 3 wiz techs and one master ability...

Now, Im fine with my Frame untill I find 3 more add slots for my Stink frame... But im concered for my shield... I Know theres better out there... But I dont know what to use and what to find with my Pinkal ID... The main spells I use is Rafoie, Gibarta, and Razonde... As for the others on my attack list is grants and resta with one simple attack.

Now, I own a Red and Yellow Barrier... But I dont wanna boost one attack and lose all that def...

What do some of you people think?

Corey
Sep 14, 2004, 04:38 PM
Go ahead and use the tech boosters.
Deband will suit you fine, and DEF doesn't matter when it comes to the hard hitting fixed damage attacks...HP matters.

Link_Dead
Sep 14, 2004, 04:45 PM
Wait, are you saying i shound continue to use my 3 Wiz Techs, or were you talking about the Merges?

Mixfortune
Sep 14, 2004, 04:47 PM
Considering you're offline only, what episode do you normally play in?
If you're playing in Episode 1, putting your FOmar into Gifoie mode will take down a good deal of enemies, especially in the Ultimate Mines. Try using a weapon that boosts Gi-level techniques, along with high level Gifoie and a Gifoie merge. I'd go for C-Sorcerer's Cane, if you have it or are able to get it somewhere. Summit Moon has a decent MST boost if you don't have a weapon that boosts Gi techniques directly, so it should still up your Gifoie technique damage a bit, even though it primarily boosts simple techniques.

Link_Dead
Sep 14, 2004, 04:55 PM
I play ep.1 only... untill the EXP stats to lag that is... But that wont happen for another 50 levels... And boy did you hit the nail on the head with the c-sorc's cane... Because I want that more then anything right now. I was a bit confused about your gifoie comment, But when I thought back when I was just starting... I remember useing it back in the caves on normal... And cleaning the damn place out... Heh. but it seems im getting answers that I would never think of... anyway, keep the ideas coming...

Mixfortune
Sep 15, 2004, 02:39 AM
On 2004-09-14 14:55, Link_Dead wrote:
I play ep.1 only... untill the EXP stats to lag that is... But that wont happen for another 50 levels... And boy did you hit the nail on the head with the c-sorc's cane... Because I want that more then anything right now. I was a bit confused about your gifoie comment, But when I thought back when I was just starting... I remember useing it back in the caves on normal... And cleaning the damn place out... Heh. but it seems im getting answers that I would never think of... anyway, keep the ideas coming...

Gifoie is nice to use because it can cover most rooms easily at higher technique levels, and can even be used to hit the next wave of enemies that appear.

It can also come in handy against enemies that fall down from above, like Sinow Blue and Rappies, since the Gifoie damage will include the Gifoies it took while it was in the air. Very nice for Fake in Yellow runs, since you can defeat the rappies a split second after they hit the ground, if done correctly. Similarly, for Sinow Blues, they can be "destroyed" before they even hit the ground.

And clearing a couple of waves of Gilchiches in a few gifoie casts can be quite amusing >_>

Oh, and more on the rappies... casting Gifoie then walking out of the room or far away is a nice way to make sure their bodies get hit when they wak up >_>

Gjl
Sep 15, 2004, 10:55 AM
On 2004-09-15 00:39, Mixfortune wrote:

On 2004-09-14 14:55, Link_Dead wrote:

Gifoie is nice to use because it can cover most rooms easily at higher technique levels, and can even be used to hit the next wave of enemies that appear.

It can also come in handy against enemies that fall down from above, like Sinow Blue and Rappies, since the Gifoie damage will include the Gifoies it took while it was in the air. Very nice for Fake in Yellow runs, since you can defeat the rappies a split second after they hit the ground, if done correctly. Similarly, for Sinow Blues, they can be "destroyed" before they even hit the ground.

And clearing a couple of waves of Gilchiches in a few gifoie casts can be quite amusing >_>

Oh, and more on the rappies... casting Gifoie then walking out of the room or far away is a nice way to make sure their bodies get hit when they wak up >_>

What weapon class gives FOmars a reasonable Gifoie casting speed? I really hate the lousy speed.

Link_Dead
Sep 15, 2004, 09:02 PM
dunno what weapons boost the speed... I would like to know tho.

Eihwaz
Sep 15, 2004, 09:49 PM
On 2004-09-15 08:55, Gjl wrote:
What weapon class gives FOmars a reasonable Gifoie casting speed? I really hate the lousy speed.

Try Rods. FOmars have a really nifty Rod casting animation, and it's not much worse than being barehanded. A good rod to try would be Sorceror's Cane. 20% Boost to Gi- techs, and cuts TP costs by 10%. That would be the best way to nuke things with Gifoie/Gizonde as a FOmar.

Link_Dead
Sep 16, 2004, 03:19 AM
Easyer said then done... The C-sorc's cane is my epic quest weapon!!! im gonna get one, one day.

SLON
Sep 16, 2004, 07:04 AM
I wouldn't bother with Razonde, you will do more damage with Gizonde most of the time, and save TP too. Rabarta is the only Ra Tech my Fomar uses.