PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me Fix My Sega Dreamcast

Demi2
Jun 29, 2002, 02:41 PM
Ok I'm having a problem with my Sega Dreamcast. It started back when I was playing Quake 3 in Marchan all of a sudden my dreamcast shutted off while I was playing it. I was only playing it for about 3 or 4 hours. I called up sega an they said they could repair it an or it was probably too hot some junk they said. Since after that's happened every time I turn on my dreamcast it shuts right back off. And it's making me mad. I want to know if anyone has had this problem before. Also could anyone tell me how to fix this because I really want to play pso again cause I miss it. Someone please help as soon as possible. And thanks. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

-Demi2

Green_Ninja
Jun 29, 2002, 03:01 PM
You say it shuts down after you turn it on? Right after or when it starts loading, cause it could just be the cd. Also check the spinner in the middle to see if it is broken. Also did sega ever fix it?

Demi2
Jun 29, 2002, 03:05 PM
it shuts down right after i turn it on. i havent sent it to sega yet cause i think maybe you guys can help me fix it.

Green_Ninja
Jun 29, 2002, 03:12 PM
hmm. Do you still have your owners manual for the dc? See if they say anything. Otherwise.......... Hay wait you might be rsod'd let me check that forum i'll be back.

Green_Ninja
Jun 29, 2002, 03:19 PM
Ok i've found out the problem go to the Sticky forum, just above this one, and they have a thing for you to do. You'll have to open up your dc so be very careful.

Good luck!!:)

Demi2
Jun 29, 2002, 03:20 PM
what it does is that it just cuts off like i turned off the power button.

Demi2
Jun 29, 2002, 03:22 PM
are you sure that will make it work. But, anyways thanks man I appreciate the help you've given me.

Green_Ninja
Jun 29, 2002, 03:26 PM
I am possitive man because they have the same problem you do. You're welcome

Demi2
Jun 29, 2002, 03:29 PM
ok i'm going to try it hopefully it will work.

Demi2
Jun 29, 2002, 05:16 PM
ok i got my dc working now but theres another problem its like my dc wont read the cds that i put in. also when i hit the open button my dc the cd on the inside keeps on spinning until i turn the dc off.
can someone help with this now. much thanks to all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Demi2 on 2002-06-29 16:07 ]</font>

Green_Ninja
Jun 29, 2002, 06:58 PM
OH boy........ well did you make sure you were careful when openning it you could have touched the lens, not good to do. YOu could buy some lens cleaner or use a special cloth that handles that type of job. Also make sure you didn't loosen anything ok.

best of luck!

Demi2
Jun 29, 2002, 07:15 PM
the wire in the back part of the gdrom got detached somehow an i wonder if tape will do the job.

Green_Ninja
Jun 29, 2002, 08:42 PM
OH god no!!! If it can be reconnected try it that way. Make sure its off, not saying your stupid or anything but it wouldn't be good to die along with the dreamcast lol.

Demi2
Jun 29, 2002, 09:50 PM
haahahahaahah your a funny man lol. Well the dreamcast is dead but the controller ain't lol so I'm going to buy another one when I get my paycheck. Thanks kindly for ya help man.

Green_Ninja
Jun 30, 2002, 11:26 PM
rofl all this and it up and died on you. Well sorry I couldn't fix it for you so i guess this is good bye.

good bye.