PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone like using Twin-sword?

vdechpokket
Sep 14, 2004, 09:53 PM
it's a new kind of weapon, and yet, it's very slow and useless, the attack power is no doubt very high but due to it's slow movement from start to end of its combo, i don't see the usefulness of it at all, please tell me what you guys think about this twin-sword?

Miroku77
Sep 14, 2004, 09:59 PM
well if you use a femal char, the battle speed isnt to bad, but its sitll not great. I think people use them over twins sometimes because there stronger and have more ata. I prefer twins because they attack faster and 6 insted of 5 times

Link_Dead
Sep 14, 2004, 10:05 PM
My wife use's the Yamato quite alot... but since I gave her the stag cutlery... Shes moved on... But still, With a FO healing when you go down... The Power of the twin sword truely shows.

PJ
Sep 14, 2004, 10:39 PM
I personally prefer the male combo of the Twin Sword, since it keeps enemies away better than the female one.

Anyways, the twin swords combo is not as bad as everyone says it is, and since they have excellent power, they work very nicely http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Now, for the personal bit, most Twin Swords are ugly. All IMO.

Eihwaz
Sep 14, 2004, 10:55 PM
My lower-level HUnters tend to use them some. Yamato, it's a staple for lowbies...of course, I'd much rather get a nice Stag Cutlery, it's much better, IMO. >_>

But Twin Swords look cool. Yamato, Asuka, S-Rank Swords, Sange&Yasha, very stylish. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Deus-Irae
Sep 15, 2004, 04:41 AM
i dont like em.

dont like the animations and i hate the way characters run when they are equipped. they look stiff and run with their butts sticking out.

i rarely use em. the sranks swords are cool looking though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deus-Irae on 2004-09-15 02:42 ]</font>

Hrith
Sep 15, 2004, 05:34 AM
Stop saying Paired Swords are slower than Twin Sabers, it's the other way around x.x;

I like Paired Swords, a lot, clearly more than Twin Sabers which I kinda dislike, but I like Daggers a lot better http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Neith
Sep 15, 2004, 06:09 AM
I prefer Twin Sabers over Twin Swords, because you get an extra hit in, plus the HUcaseal twin saber animation is cool! Twin swords have a big ATP advantage, even a Yamato isnt that bad when it's grinded to 60. The main thing I dislike about twin swords is, especially with a HUnewearl, the last part of the combo is always interrupted, unless you stand miles away and hope to clip the enemies with the last hit. Ive used a twin saber through ult, until I got to mines and found 40% hit vulcans http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Use twin swords if you like, I think twin sabers are a better choice though, not as good as daggers, as previously said.

Garm
Sep 15, 2004, 07:16 AM
high atp, ata and a great combo? why does every one use double sabers? i killed da ral lie with them (not much but beating caves was something to get used to >_<) and caves were a pain in the ass with my stag (i was only up to greennill forest so stag and yamato were my best) twin swords all the way

KveerRaven
Sep 15, 2004, 08:21 AM
I like either or, I guess. I've found that if you only do the 2 button press combo with the Twin Swords, the reaction time at the end compared to a full combo is faster, but that's just my opinion. As for Twin Sabers, look out! Those are my kinda weapon! All I need is my Demo. Comet and my Demon class character will be complete.

Butoden
Sep 15, 2004, 09:06 AM
Me too! Now I just need my Redria in Ultimate http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/eviltongue.gif

Smelly_Hippie
Sep 15, 2004, 10:07 AM
twin swords is great! I used an asuka (which is pretty easy to get) for a long time over a demo comet. But things changed when I got my bkb... But my point is: Twin swords rule!

Skorpius
Sep 15, 2004, 01:04 PM
On 2004-09-15 03:34, Kef wrote:
Paired Swords
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif!

Yeah, Paired Swords are actually a lot nicer on Males than Females. The first four hits are too close together (1 & 2, 3 & 4), and will allow enemies to bash you ._ .

Fireal
Sep 15, 2004, 01:43 PM
You say that Twins Swords have better ATP, but this is only true in one case, sure the Asuka is pretty strong, but the only actual decent Twin Sword is Sange and Yasha, and lets face it, the chance of gettin S and Y legitly are pretty hard (considering the best drop-rate for Yasha is 1/67k).
BKB on the other hard is much easier to get than S and Y and it's better.
You would probably have more luck piping for Syncesta's and a Lavis Canon than finding a Yasha >.>

Mystil
Sep 15, 2004, 02:05 PM
For my hune: Musashi -> Yamato -> Asuka -> Sange and Yasha. Twin swords are the best weapons I've ever used. And at 159 I still use S an Y. They aren't that effective against some monsters though.

KveerRaven
Sep 15, 2004, 03:15 PM
On 2004-09-15 11:43, Fireal wrote:
You say that Twins Swords have better ATP, but this is only true in one case, sure the Asuka is pretty strong, but the only actual decent Twin Sword is Sange and Yasha, and lets face it, the chance of gettin S and Y legitly are pretty hard (considering the best drop-rate for Yasha is 1/67k).
BKB on the other hard is much easier to get than S and Y and it's better.
You would probably have more luck piping for Syncesta's and a Lavis Canon than finding a Yasha >.>

Although that is just YOUR opinion. Personally, I don't recognize S&Y as a Twin Sword, even though it is once combined, simply because, IMO anything that requires another piece just to reach its full potential should be given its own class and the such. but thats just me

Mystil
Sep 15, 2004, 04:22 PM
In that case, in japanese terms, S and Y is part of a style that unique samurais of feudal japan days use. I cannot spell it, but yes it has it's own class.

KveerRaven
Sep 16, 2004, 08:20 AM
On 2004-09-15 14:22, Silhouette wrote:
In that case, in japanese terms, S and Y is part of a style that unique samurais of feudal japan days use. I cannot spell it, but yes it has it's own class.

That would be the art of Musashi.

Jarek
Sep 16, 2004, 10:18 AM
Well, I have a pair of s-rank swords, and I must say that I love them. And before that I was using an Asuka. Only thing I didn't like about the asuka was it's non-helpful special; so I fixed that on my s-rank (it has beserk) ^_^
I still like using the Cudgel though..

..And whoever said something about the way they're running animation with the swords is so bad, I agree 100%; it's awful. In fact, I won't run with them equipped; I equip something else (besided mechs as well.. 0.o)

Harlem
Sep 16, 2004, 12:15 PM
I agree with Silhouette, they are really cool weapons. I have the Yamato and the Grass Assasins Sabers. I have also seen the Musashi.

They are excellent to use because they get about five hits in, my character, Zephyr (HUcast) is about level 65, and with a power attack I do about 200+ damage.

I tend to use them most against bosses, as it quickly gets rid of them.

SJ
Sep 16, 2004, 01:40 PM
well get some asukas with hit (i have some with 35) and you'll never say they suck again..
Also the power for the srank swords is ridiculously high when maxed...and it hit 5x...

Gynn_Rei
Sep 16, 2004, 02:06 PM
Get yourself some decent ATP and an Orotiagito.