PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me with PSO Proxy?

Dice788
Sep 15, 2004, 10:24 AM
I downloaded it and i dont know how to put my PSO pics on my computer. i dont understand the instructions...

VioletSkye
Sep 15, 2004, 11:18 AM
On 2004-09-15 08:24, Dice788 wrote:
I downloaded it and i dont know how to put my PSO pics on my computer. i dont understand the instructions...

There are a number of ways you can get your pics onto your pc.

1. If your pc and gc can be on the internet at the same time, then its a snap. You open your network settings in the PSO options and leave everything alone except for the Proxy settings. Enter your pc's IP address in the top window and enter 8080 for the port number. Then save your settings and return to the game. Now make sure PSO Proxy is running on your machine and connect to the WEBSITE on your GC PSO.

2. If you can't share the connection and can't have your PC and GC online at the same time, and if you have a BBA (Broadband adaptor) you can use a crossover (patch) cable to connect your GC directly to your PC. Often times in that instance it requires manually changing the PC IP address and entering specific info into the PSO network options. I created a small tutorial on how to do it, so I won't go into it here. If you need to use the tutorial you can download it HERE (http://www.synthetikon.com/gctopc.zip). Because it is in .pdf form, you will need to have Adobe Reader 5 or higher installed to read it.

3. If you are on dialup and don't have a BBA, then you can have a friend help you get the pics by having them run PSO Proxy and their pc. In this case, you would need to use your friend's IP address in the Proxy settings (but still use 8080 for the port.) Then connect to the WEBSITE via GC PSO and the pic will end up in your friend's SNAPSHOT folder. Then just have him/her email the .png file to you.

Hope that made sense, like I said I just woke up and I need coffee http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-09-15 09:20 ]</font>

Dice788
Sep 15, 2004, 03:14 PM
Thank you. I have a dial up connection and the Gamecube and PC cannot be on the internet at the same time unless i use the other phone line.

So would this work:

If i move my Gamecube into the family room (which has a different phone # than my room) and set up PSO Proxy on my computer and then do the steps in #3 of your description?

VioletSkye
Sep 15, 2004, 08:05 PM
On 2004-09-15 13:14, Dice788 wrote:
Thank you. I have a dial up connection and the Gamecube and PC cannot be on the internet at the same time unless i use the other phone line.

So would this work:

If i move my Gamecube into the family room (which has a different phone # than my room) and set up PSO Proxy on my computer and then do the steps in #3 of your description?

definitely, if you can get the gc and your pc on the internet at the same time using two different lines then add your pc's IP address in the Proxy setting in the PSO network options (again make sure PORT is 8080) then run Pso Proxy on your PC and on GCPSO select WEBSITE from the main menu. Once that loads select to enter the site which will take you to the PSO Proxy screen. Follow the directions from there and you'll be all set. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif