PDA

View Full Version : This one goes out ..........

phoenixspade
Sep 16, 2004, 12:08 AM
.......to all the ppl that have stayed legit! I've seen too many of these hacks pass through games, so I'm tipping my hat to all those who have made those 200 runs only to end up with yet another last survivor, to all those who searched for that rare enemy only to get a lame varista, to everyone who has gotten that PD instead of a killer rare. The dying breed of legits will live on through you all.

FROG
lv 90
HUmar

Jack
Sep 16, 2004, 03:45 AM
Thanks for that. My life is better having read that.

Mystil
Sep 16, 2004, 07:54 AM
Been there done that, tested the waters and found another path.

RedSchwar
Sep 16, 2004, 10:52 AM
Simply because you failed in that path does not mean you should be all "been there done that" just to jealously spite those who are still on the path.

It's not too late for you.

You act as if doing the right thing, as in playing legit, is some childish phase that one gets over, and that your selfishness in cheating is a more logical progression. Why? Because you feel the option which gives you the most pleasure is all that matters. This means you are not taking the well-being of other players into consideration. Exactly how is moving from considerate to inconsiderate a good progression? You've morally degraded yourself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedSchwar on 2004-09-16 08:57 ]</font>

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Sep 16, 2004, 12:59 PM
On 2004-09-16 05:54, Silhouette wrote:
Been there done that, tested the waters and found another path.

I wholeheartedly concur. There's more than one way to do somthing or get somthing these days. Being legit doesn't matter so much anymore, It's not hard to be legit but lets face it, on some levels legits cheat too. There are those who back up their items or have dupes in possesion, from a most basic standpoint it's not legit. To be blunt, many of these glitch uses and provisions are to get around ST's shotty programming.

RedSchwar
Sep 16, 2004, 02:11 PM
There are those who back up their items or have dupes in possesion,

If you do this then you aren't legit. So cheaters can't use the justification that a legit is cheating to cheat. If a legit cheats then he is not legit anymore. It all comes down to one thing: do you have the consideration to play the game in a courteous manner or not? There might be someone who WANTS to cheat, but their inhibitions of wishing to be a considerate person keeps them legit. There are people who want to cheat, know that it bothers and harms legits, and do it anyway.

In my experience, it's never right to do things to harm people. Even if that harm is occuring in a game they play in their free time. The context of a situation does not make it OK to break rules.

What I'm seeing a lot of here is rationalization. Psychologists use this term to describe people who "try to make things right in the own head" by convincing the ones that surround them that they aren't doing anything wrong. When unable to convince people, rationalizers become violently angry and irrational.

Watch what unfolds....

Corey
Sep 16, 2004, 02:16 PM
There is no way in hell I would NOT back up a legit SJ, GM, etc.

It's not too late for you?

Haha!
You act like it's life or death. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

RedSchwar
Sep 16, 2004, 02:18 PM
It's not life or death. But it shows how a person will act when not policed. Quite sad actually.

There's no need to back up such items. Just make sure they're equipped when you enter a teleporter and you'll never lose them.

Doesn't anyone around here know this?

Corey
Sep 16, 2004, 02:51 PM
You bank your items. And BSOD can happen in game.
You really should carry more than 1 weapon around.

and no. Just because people cheat in this game doesn't mean they act like that in real life.

Quit trying to act like ADE when he's angry.
What a person does on a game does not reflect upon what they do in real life.

And I have an unlegit character still.

Most people I know don't think I'm 'Sad' in the way you speak of.

(At least, I don't think they do.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Corey on 2004-09-16 12:52 ]</font>

Fojar
Sep 16, 2004, 09:57 PM
On 2004-09-16 19:44, Fojar wrote:

On 2004-09-16 08:52, RedSchwar wrote:
Simply because you failed in that path does not mean you should be all "been there done that" just to jealously spite those who are still on the path.

It's not too late for you.

You act as if doing the right thing, as in playing legit, is some childish phase that one gets over, and that your selfishness in cheating is a more logical progression. Why? Because you feel the option which gives you the most pleasure is all that matters. This means you are not taking the well-being of other players into consideration. Exactly how is moving from considerate to inconsiderate a good progression? You've morally degraded yourself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedSchwar on 2004-09-16 08:57 ]</font>

Isn't that the point of a game?

Just wondering.

Grrr...I just hate having as much fun as possible.

I'm such a terrible person. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

RedSchwar
Sep 17, 2004, 12:13 PM
Well, even if you're not a terrible person, you could at least TRY to improve your online behavior. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif There's nothing wrong with trying to be a better person.

I give up though. I obviosly can't help anyone to see the benefits of kindness online. They are there though. If anyone ever wants to talk about it, PM me. I need to stop posting in this forum. It depresses me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedSchwar on 2004-09-17 10:18 ]</font>

Solstis
Sep 17, 2004, 12:47 PM
On 2004-09-17 10:13, RedSchwar wrote:
Well, even if you're not a terrible person, you could at least TRY to improve your online behavior. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif There's nothing wrong with trying to be a better person.

I give up though. I obviosly can't help anyone to see the benefits of kindness online. They are there though. If anyone ever wants to talk about it, PM me. I need to stop posting in this forum. It depresses me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedSchwar on 2004-09-17 10:18 ]</font>

I'll contact you the next time the Pope calls for a crusade.

*slaps his forehead*

I may be shooting over people's heads here.

Shadowpawn
Sep 17, 2004, 12:50 PM
On 2004-09-17 10:47, Solstis wrote:

I'll contact you the next time the Pope calls for a crusade.

*slaps his forehead*

I may be shooting over people's heads here.

Translation for sarcasm...trying to convert people to your way of thinking. Cursades during Middle Ages (I think) People are entitled to their own opinions, let's not turn this into a hackers vs. legit topic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-17 10:51 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-17 10:54 ]</font>

Corey
Sep 17, 2004, 01:14 PM

No offense, but your a fool.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

PJ
Sep 17, 2004, 03:07 PM
I give up though. I obviosly can't help anyone to see the benefits of kindness online.

You don't need to be legit to be kind... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

phoenixspade
Sep 18, 2004, 12:13 PM
Wow, I didn't know this was gonna blow up into such a huge topic of anger! well, I think that the ppl that are staying legit are great, but if using hacks and making back ups of your items is your deal then do it, just dont interfer with everyone who's trying to play the game legit, because that's their choice. We won't ever get rid of hacking or cheating, so I say just deal with it. But i greatly applaud those who are suffering through the slew of crappy items just to find that one special rare.

I think the solution lies in the common courtesy of keeping your hacks to yourself.........

Shadowpawn
Sep 18, 2004, 12:35 PM
On 2004-09-18 10:13, phoenixspade wrote:
Wow, I didn't know this was gonna blow up into such a huge topic of anger! well, I think that the ppl that are staying legit are great, but if using hacks and making back ups of your items is your deal then do it, just dont interfer with everyone who's trying to play the game legit, because that's their choice. We won't ever get rid of hacking or cheating, so I say just deal with it. But i greatly applaud those who are suffering through the slew of crappy items just to find that one special rare.

I think the solution lies in the common courtesy of keeping your hacks to yourself.........

And this comment will start another flame war... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Corey
Sep 18, 2004, 01:01 PM
Drr. Unlegits don't force you to use their hacks now do they?

EJ
Sep 18, 2004, 03:48 PM
I enjoy getting crappy rares now since I can finally do something useful with them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif but that's for BB.

Anyway just because someone use hack items doesn't mean they are not a good person IRL. I use a dupe blue ring but does that mean I'm a terrible nope just means that the blue ring matches my lvl156 Fomar blue outfit http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif .

Zelutos
Sep 18, 2004, 07:23 PM
I hate searching for something forever and getting a photon drop...stupid photon drops..how many times have you made me jump out of my seat and get my heart going because i thought you were something awesome....about a million billion ._. however, i keep at it...LEGITZ 4EVA!

Mystil
Sep 20, 2004, 02:11 PM
On 2004-09-16 08:52, RedSchwar wrote:

I didn't fail at it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif God that was A weak flame. Jealousy? I've never been jealous of legits. I've always found it commendable that they put themselves through the stress of searching long periods of time for a rare. Personally I dont have the patience. I just do not like thier attitudes they like to shove at me and other cheaters. You being the best example.

Btw I was legit 100% in ver1, and on EpI and II I was legit for the first 131(153) levels with my fo, and the first 120(159) levels with my hune. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I have the knowlegde to offer advice to both factions, there is no biasness from me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. Now beat that sucker.

Hmm, I re-read that quote. I had no intentions to "strike" jealousy into legits with my beginning post in this thread. Most of the ones here who even bother to read what might appear as lack of subtance posts from me, know I don't hate legits EVER for thier difference in playing style, just attitude.

Oo more juicy stuff. Oh and just incase I'm making other "cheaters" look bad, I seperate myself from them as well. Now Sil is all alone and defending HIMSELF.

This means you are not taking the well-being of other players into consideration.You act as if doing the right thing, as in playing legit, is some childish phase that one gets over, and that your selfishness in cheating is a more logical progression. Exactly how is moving from considerate to inconsiderate a good progression? You've morally degraded yourself.
If I didnt, I wouldnt be using my fo that much. There is a good reason I can't use my hune unless its with friends. And I dont have any good ones left in the game. I could customize my hune to "mask" as a legit, if I get sick of playing with 300% bkb users, but then I wouldnt then I'd still be questioned by a legit about the stuff I use.

This isn't a logical progression. It was merely change of mind. An option available to me that I could have taken up at any given time. Just as I can return to roots of legitmacy from which I came from anytime I wish.

I also didn't morally degrade myself. Choosing between consideration and inconsideration based on the opinions of others, is morally degrading basically. You're letting someone make your decisions for you. I knew what I was getting myself into the day I switched over. That I was giving up the respect I had from other legits. I can't join as many ult games as I used to, because I don't/can't join legit only games. Often I go weeks without gaining a single level cause of lack of ult games in the mornings on vega. Plenty on denab, but well you figure it out. And that's taking legit players in consideration and seriously.

I didn't gain new respect from cheaters either. The things I had wanted, I could not be bothered to search forever to obtain, in essence power to the patient, I say that alot in my posts, as it's the only reason I switched over. I am person who does not wont to wait for what he wants. I will work hard for a long time to achieve something, but when it seems futile after a protracted period of time, I simply look for simplier methods. This isn't degrading, this is making a situation become that much more conveniant.

"Because you feel the option which gives you the most pleasure is all that matters."

Satisfaction is more like it. Legit and unlegit is a preference.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2004-09-20 12:50 ]</font>

DarthFomar
Sep 21, 2004, 05:20 AM
On 2004-09-15 22:08, phoenixspade wrote:
to everyone who has gotten that PD instead of a killer rare.

Oddly enough the last few times I expected a PD instead of a rare...it was actually an "Add Slot". What luck. Though it's been almost 3 months since my last run.

I'm not saying I'm a saint or anything (I've come across several unofficial items) but this is a pretty gracious thread. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

My favorite find is by far my Partisan of Lightening...found it on my first fight with Gol Dragon.

RedSchwar
Sep 21, 2004, 01:11 PM
I am person who does not wont to wait for what he wants.

So does this mean you'll only cheat to get ahead on PSO?

What if there were a situation in real life where you knew you could get ahead at someone else's expense and never get caught.....would you do it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedSchwar on 2004-09-21 11:15 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Sep 21, 2004, 01:27 PM
On 2004-09-21 11:11, RedSchwar wrote:

What if there were a situation in real life where you knew you could get ahead at someone else's expense and never get caught.....would you do it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedSchwar on 2004-09-21 11:15 ]</font>

As with any question of this nature, the answer is always the same......it depends on the person. Some will, some won't. Thats just a simple fact of life. Whether or not he/she does it in a game is not a direct connection with whether they will do it in real life or not. Some people who cheat in the game would not cheat in real life and conversely, some people who play legit may not be honest in their real life dealings with other people.

This topic is so utterly played out that its almost funny to see it surface over and over again as time goes by. Heh how many of these real life vs. game environment threads have we all seen already LOL. Is it true that instances of a person's personality and mood affect their playing habits...absolutely. Does it give a 100% accurate translation though of who they are as a person...nope.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-09-21 13:20 ]</font>

Pepsi3709
Sep 21, 2004, 01:50 PM
On 2004-09-21 11:11, RedSchwar wrote:

Please tell me you're not comparing what one does in this game to real life. If so, I think you need a good beat down, it'll knock some sense into you. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Anyways, I'll address the question in real life than. First of all, it is VERY rare that people get paid what they're worth. Almost all instances people get paid what they neogoiate or their contacts. I'm sure you heard the saying "It's not what you know, it's who you know". I really do believe Bill Gates isn't getting paid what he's worth. He's worth alot more taking a company like Microsoft and making it the the way it is today IMO. Likewise, does those corporate CEO's like Kenneth Lay deserved to get paid the way they did? Exampe: Let's say you have never had a job before, If your parents knows someone willing to hire you at $10 an hour for let's say making copies of documents or data entry, would you take it? Or would you rather work at minium wadge starting like most people sees as their first job doing physical work like cleaning tables, casier, or whatever else. If you say you're refuse the $10 an hour pay as your first job I say bullshit. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif So you see, not everything is as linear as we want it to be. And yes I have pumped up my credentials on my resume, interviewing to get into college, trying to impress a girl, and so on. Would I do that to get a better sword so I can beat up more Boomas faster and gain more levels? Certainly not, just the idea is ridicious. That's like hey I fast forward through the commericials when I rented a movie from Block Buster. If you can get ahead in real life would you take it? There's no connection between the two.

Likewise, I have no problem advertising myself to get ahead in life. If I can make my life easier in anyway without breaking the laws I'd certainly take it. However, there are limits on how low I'd stoop to. lol... Would I cheat on my SAT so I can get ahead of the rest? No! Would I take the chance to get ahead of other people if I have the chance? Yup.

I also find this thrend to be hilarious.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Sep 22, 2004, 01:54 AM
On 2004-09-20 12:11, Silhouette wrote:

I will work hard for a long time to achieve something, but when it seems futile after a protracted period of time, I simply look for simplier methods. This isn't degrading, this is making a situation become that much more conveniant.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2004-09-20 12:50 ]</font>

I concur, I've allways figured that was the reason many became unlegit. I'd hardly think how someone acts in a game would corrupt their life and getting ahead is simply a part of living in a social species. Nobody's going to go out of their way to be morally correct if it's at the cost of their ability to live and function comfortably. Overall comparing someone's life actions to what they do in a game is completely irrelovent.

Mystil
Sep 22, 2004, 02:43 PM

<----- Headhurt.

This being a videogame, it is different. Because Im not getting ahead at someones expense. I'm not affecting/effecting(whichever is grammatically correct) anyones gameplay to better my own. As a d00p using FOnewearl, I'm not hurting anyone, hell I JUST got lv30 megid and now I can make peoples lives in EpII so much easier with those blasted Gees. Sure I could just as easily WIPE a whole area out by myself and get ALLL EXP for me and everyone gets nothing. But that isn't me, and that wasn't part of my motive.

In real life, I don't do things to get ahead at others expense either. And in real life, I dont need to.

This topic is so utterly played out that its almost funny to see it surface over and over again as time goes by. Heh how many of these real life vs. game environment threads have we all seen already LOL. Is it true that instances of a person's personality and mood affect their playing habits...absolutely. Does it give a 100% accurate translation though of who they are as a person...nope.

^---Handshake.

I concur, I've allways figured that was the reason many became unlegit. I'd hardly think how someone acts in a game would corrupt their life and getting ahead is simply a part of living in a social species. Nobody's going to go out of their way to be morally correct if it's at the cost of their ability to live and function comfortably. Overall comparing someone's life actions to what they do in a game is completely irrelovent.

Yes.

<----hangs head on desk.

THIS GOES OUT TO EVERYONE WHO ENJOYS PLAYING THE WAY THEY DO.

HAX HAX ORRRZZZZZZZZZ EL1t3!! Muahahaha

L3g1t1sM A|3s0lut3! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2004-09-22 13:15 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2004-09-22 13:15 ]</font>