PDA

View Full Version : The ever elusive sword

mwseifer
Sep 16, 2004, 07:07 AM
I just need to ask people, my character has the section ID Viridia and i've been trying to find Sange and Yasha, but i can only play offline, i've used the item findings chart, and i've found Sange from the Pan Arms and i've killed 3000 Melqueeks and Yasha still hasn't shown itself, has anyone actually found Yasha offline with Viridia?

Link_Dead
Sep 16, 2004, 07:11 AM
The Drop rate% is just an avrage... Youve just hit a bit of bad luck... Keep searching and you will get it... I myself have never found it, but im a FOmar... Anyway keep trying and Great job on finding one already.

Dana
Sep 16, 2004, 08:13 AM
On 2004-09-16 05:07, mwseifer wrote:
I just need to ask people, my character has the section ID Viridia and i've been trying to find Sange and Yasha, but i can only play offline, i've used the item findings chart, and i've found Sange from the Pan Arms and i've killed 3000 Melqueeks and Yasha still hasn't shown itself, has anyone actually found Yasha offline with Viridia?

as the drop is 1/60000+ you won't be getting it any time soon, GOOD LUCK http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Gynn_Rei
Sep 16, 2004, 08:19 AM
to be exact, you'll need to kill 20x more than what you already have. And that's not sure yet, it could even take longer than that! Demotivated... yes...

Primrose
Sep 16, 2004, 08:22 AM
If youre offline only, forget about Yasha.
Its too rare, you need online quests.

KveerRaven
Sep 16, 2004, 08:23 AM
On 2004-09-16 06:13, Dana_ranger wrote:
as the drop is 1/60000+ you won't be getting it any time soon, GOOD LUCK http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Thats not necesarily true. I found my Agito 1975 (Real) in just 8,000 Tollaws where my Yellowboze drop rate for it is in the 1/20,000 something range. For this reason, I don't go by drop rates. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Primrose
Sep 16, 2004, 08:40 AM
Sure, and im 0/13 on Very Hard Hildeblue for Cure/Shock.
Drop rates should be used as a guide line, and not as a rule, drops are never guarenteed. Still, if you have a drop rate of 67 000, and youre stuck offline, knowing that there isnt a quest with really lots of Melqueeks, you shouldnt try it. Thats playing way against the odds.

Blue-Hawk
Sep 16, 2004, 08:59 AM
Personally, I think the drop rates were originally miscalculated. My friend has had absolutly NO luck on a Chainsawd in offline. His tries so far are 0/3590. That, and my hell I ALWAYS have with ult Nano Dragons and whitill Merlans. Red Mechs 1/900, right? My tally thus far- 0/4398.

KveerRaven
Sep 16, 2004, 09:05 AM
On 2004-09-16 06:59, Blue-Hawk wrote:
Personally, I think the drop rates were originally miscalculated. My friend has had absolutly NO luck on a Chainsawd in offline. His tries so far are 0/3590. That, and my hell I ALWAYS have with ult Nano Dragons and whitill Merlans. Red Mechs 1/900, right? My tally thus far- 0/4398.

Exactly! My Delsaber set took about 300 total Delsabers where the drop rate for it is low. I hate Drop Rates, I don't go by them. Sure, getting my Agito 1975 (Real) after only 8,000 Tollaws is awesome, but in my opinion, I don't think Drop Rates should even be listed. If I had known that the drop rate for it was so high, I would gave up on it 7,999 Tollaws earlier! But thats just my opinion

Hrith
Sep 16, 2004, 09:22 AM
Experience means nothing, is that hard to grasp ? the drop rates are absolurely accurate.

mwseifer
Sep 16, 2004, 09:57 AM
I kind of feel demotivated now, but i'm not going to be put off, i kill 25 Melqueeks per run, and i want Yasha too much just to give up now, so i'll probably find it next year, lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mwseifer on 2004-09-16 07:59 ]</font>

Gjl
Sep 16, 2004, 10:09 AM
On 2004-09-16 07:05, KveerRaven wrote:

Exactly! My Delsaber set took about 300 total Delsabers where the drop rate for it is low. I hate Drop Rates, I don't go by them. Sure, getting my Agito 1975 (Real) after only 8,000 Tollaws is awesome, but in my opinion, I don't think Drop Rates should even be listed. If I had known that the drop rate for it was so high, I would gave up on it 7,999 Tollaws earlier! But thats just my opinion

The drop rates are used as a guide for rare hunters. Say you want to hunt a Red Sword (as if you'd ever want to http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif), you would go to the drop chart and have a look at what the best chance of getting the item is and hunt in that area of course. The drop rates are AVERAGES and it only serves as a guide as to how difficult a drop is. If I see Psycho Wand 1/300,000 off a Skyly Chaos Sorceror, you can fucking bet your house on the fact that I won't even touch the bastards http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif.

You're totally missing the point of the drop rate chart. It's not telling you 'You must spend X hours hunting X number of monsters to get your item,' it's telling you what your chances are and gives you guidance about what to hunt.

If you people don't like using the drop chart then try not to put others at a disadvantage by trying to convince other people to avoid it, as most people here agree it's a very useful tool.

Blue-Hawk
Sep 16, 2004, 10:58 AM
Two things.
1- Gjl- The Red Sword is DEFFINATLY worth loking for. May look big and cumbersome, but at least it's a weapon that non-dupers would use.

2- I used to use the drop rates, untill I saw that things wouldn't drop. Take the Yasminkov 2000H. I have been hunting one of those since v2, and on the GC I have over 2,000 spaceship Hidoom's killed and nothing. I loved the 1/700 drop rate untill it never dropped.

Tycho
Sep 16, 2004, 11:10 AM

You know what the thing is... They're not calculated, just directly taken from game data. (What could you use to calculate it? All they did was multiply the 'box is the appropriate rare' rate with the drop-anything rate. That's it.

RedSchwar
Sep 16, 2004, 02:17 PM
Yes. If an item drops 1/x, that means over an infinite number of trials it will come out to drop 1/x times. The reason the rates fluctuate is because it is impossible for a human being to create that many attempts.

Anuminus
Sep 16, 2004, 02:45 PM

I'd like to make a point... Its RANDOM! (Or close to it) Sorry, but these drop rates are taken from IN THE GAME! And there is no way you can "miscalculate" game data. Face it, I'm sorry but you've just had a lot of bad luck. :-| Anyway, I hope you find that 2000H soon. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

On 2004-09-16 07:05, KveerRaven wrote:

Oh yeah and Kveeraven? I got my Delsabers Left Arm (Yellowbooze) on my 4th Delsaber on Hard, AND I got my Delsabers Right Arm off of my 1st Delsaber on Very Hard. I'm not kidding. Its luck. I personally have had incredible personal luck on Yellowbooze, I have never had a dissapointing find with Anuminus my HUmar.

On the other hand, I have a friend who's Yellowbooze FOmar find nothing at all. A DB'S Saber, a Varista, and A couple others, but he hates Yellowbooze because he has bad personal luck with it.(Except for the two items mentioned below.)

Its all the roll of a die. 1/64. 1/28,000. 1/299,000. Its all chance. I think it was Auracom, but I may be mistaken but someone here found a Heavens Punisher off of a Del Lily or something in Tower. (1/299,000)

I've found 2 NUG-2000 Bazookas, the first a couple weeks ago and the second the day after that. (1/28,000) I ALSO have been hunting S-Reds and Kasami Bracer on Yellowbooze but I've only gotten 2 NUG-2000s, some materials, two PDs off of S-Reds :angry:, A Gae Bolg with 30% Hit, and an Addslot. I've faced many S-Reds and Blues BOTH with less drop rates but gotten many other things (see above).

My friend has found a Kasami Bracer and a L&K 14 Combat with 35% Hit (His luckiest finds on Yellowbooze).

My point is, it IS the roll of a die. Its luck. Its chance. Don't say, "The drop rates must be wrong because I've had bad personal luck." It. Is. Luck. (Or a incredibly complex pattern.)

Eanae
Sep 16, 2004, 03:17 PM
I've found a 1/28k+ drop in around 20 monsters. (purplenum Lavis Cannon from tallow) It's more than possible. Keep looking. You'll get it one of these days.

PhotonDrop
Sep 16, 2004, 03:27 PM
Nei's Claw drops off my very first Ill Gill http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

So who knows? That Yasha may drop on your next Caves run! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Gynn_Rei
Sep 16, 2004, 03:30 PM
I got 2 PB/Create with my withill at the same time, I think PSO just rolls a dice or something and when you have it you got it. Maybe the 2 Dubchics died at the same time that's why it gave me 2 PB/Create. Yesterday my Withill found a Inferno Bazooka on Ultimate Mines at his first run and first Dubchic encountered... 1/1050 can be hard but can also be easy.

Link_Dead
Sep 16, 2004, 04:17 PM
IF not for the drop rate and this site, I would not have my Hildablue cane or Cadasus (spelled wrong)... In fact, I got both of those in the same sit down. lol. If I never took a look at the Drop Rate I would think there to rare for an off liner to get...

kazuma56
Sep 16, 2004, 07:46 PM
I've also come to detestm drop rates, because I got a Guld (with a drop rate of something like 1/40,0000) for my RAmar in my First multiplayer offline Spaceship run, yet, a mere drop rate of 1/900 doesn't seem to appear. (stupid yas 7k) For that reason, I too disregard drop rates.