PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer offline mode

Crusha
Sep 16, 2004, 06:24 PM
I have recently just started to play multiplayer with a few friends on offline mode and it seems that the rare item drop rate is much lower on multiplayer offline than on single player offline mode. Am i just getting unlucky or is just harder to find rares on multiplayer?

Ketchup345
Sep 16, 2004, 06:26 PM
Just unlucky.

Normally rares appear more often in multiplayer due to the higher enemy count and the fast kill rate. wait a while, and it will probably change.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-09-16 16:26 ]</font>

Gynn_Rei
Sep 17, 2004, 12:44 AM
Wait a while and you might even find special enemies in Multiplayer... I had a Hildeblue when me and my friend were screwing around in Vhard. I also telepipe in multiplayer, that's damn handy for an android in Episode II

Link_Dead
Sep 17, 2004, 02:47 AM
As an Offliner I can tell you, Multi is better for EXP and Drops... But if you play with gready people... Stick to Offline single. I found Some of my best items in Multiplayer!

Gynn_Rei
Sep 17, 2004, 02:54 AM
Multiplayer with friends can be a pain in the ass, let me kill that torr, no me, me, no me...

Gjl
Sep 17, 2004, 02:59 AM
On 2004-09-17 00:54, Gynn_Rei wrote:
Multiplayer with friends can be a pain in the ass, let me kill that torr, no me, me, no me...

It doesn't matter who kills the enemies in multimode, only the section ID of the leader is used. Anyway if you want to grab the item you'll wait for the others to kill the monster first so you can grab the item immediately after it dies (of course that is being rather lame http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif).

Gynn_Rei
Sep 17, 2004, 03:26 AM
So if I play multiplayer offline with my friend and he kills it but it will be a Frozen Shooter because I'm player 1? Weird.

Dana
Sep 17, 2004, 03:40 AM
multi-mode is fun, as i don't have online YET i try to play multi when ever possabl, but, due to the small screen and kill frenzie it's not AS good as i wanted, i still love it, but.....the people i play with are red box grabber, you have to whatch your back!

KveerRaven
Sep 17, 2004, 08:49 AM
Multiplayer rocks in my opinion. only thing I don't like about it is the constant bickering about who's getting the next rare or the classic, "HEY! that was MY rare!" whine. Thats when I came up with the idea, "ok, before we enter the warp down to Ragol, this is what's going to happen. We're ALL going to name the creature that drops the rare you want. Then claim it as your own. Anyone picks up that rare by acident, give it to the perspective claimer." of course the drops are from player ones ID, but thats cool, we just look in the books to find out what everyone can get from that ID. Its ALWAYS worked for me since then.

goku4ever
Sep 17, 2004, 09:41 AM
read my sig http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif But its understandable that people grab red boxes coz two of my friends dont play it bcoz gamecube only has two memory card slots. Ninty should make some sort of adaptor so data can be loaded up from four memory cards. That would rule!

Gjl
Sep 17, 2004, 10:06 AM
On 2004-09-17 06:49, KveerRaven wrote:
Multiplayer rocks in my opinion. only thing I don't like about it is the constant bickering about who's getting the next rare or the classic, "HEY! that was MY rare!" whine. Thats when I came up with the idea, "ok, before we enter the warp down to Ragol, this is what's going to happen. We're ALL going to name the creature that drops the rare you want. Then claim it as your own. Anyone picks up that rare by acident, give it to the perspective claimer." of course the drops are from player ones ID, but thats cool, we just look in the books to find out what everyone can get from that ID. Its ALWAYS worked for me since then.

That's pretty much what people do online (calling drops), unless you are playing with total item grabbing assholes.

AlphaDoom
Sep 17, 2004, 12:37 PM
Whoever is 1st player should get the red boxes due to being his/her id. What me and my m8 do is, possibly finish a lvl or an episode and then we change players.

Miroku77
Sep 17, 2004, 07:33 PM
On 2004-09-17 07:41, goku4ever wrote:
read my sig http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif But its understandable that people grab red boxes coz two of my friends dont play it bcoz gamecube only has two memory card slots. Ninty should make some sort of adaptor so data can be loaded up from four memory cards. That would rule!

It dosent matter if there are only two mem card slots, you can just switch the second card once it gets transfered over. Example: I put mine in first, my 1st friend puts in his in second slot then transfers char, 2nd friend takes out 2 mem card once 1st freinds char is transfered, then transfers his own char. we all play and then transfer back to the right memory card...easy as pie...actully eaiser...pies hard to make. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EphekZ
Sep 17, 2004, 07:46 PM
It dosent matter if there are only two mem card slots, you can just switch the second card once it gets transfered over. Example: I put mine in first, my 1st friend puts in his in second slot then transfers char, 2nd friend takes out 2 mem card once 1st freinds char is transfered, then transfers his own char. we all play and then transfer back to the right memory card...easy as pie...actully eaiser...pies hard to make.

Hey that's pretty smart!

me and my freind play alot but us being different types(i am a HUmar he is RAmar) we just see if its something that we both can use I get it first then we wait for another to pop up so it works out for us

read my sig
PSO roks!! Playing PSo wiv 3 m8`s roks even harder!

I have no idea what that means >_>

As an Offliner I can tell you, Multi is better for EXP

I agree me and my freind only play it for EXP fighting for rares is pointless for us we just beat it and have fun

shingo
Sep 17, 2004, 09:22 PM
well my friends dont play it any more because me and tmoney are better then them.But when me and tmoney play if we both want a rare item and we found multi mode intstead of bickering we fight im battle mode.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shingo on 2004-09-17 19:23 ]</font>

Tycho
Sep 18, 2004, 04:50 AM
In a team consistent of FO's and non-FO's, you should be able to kill a lot more easily and effectively. And as long as your not searching for the same rares, hogging should not be a problem.

Another option might just be getting new friends.

goku4ever
Sep 18, 2004, 07:31 AM
On 2004-09-17 17:33, Miroku77 wrote:
It dosent matter if there are only two mem card slots, you can just switch the second card once it gets transfered over. Example: I put mine in first, my 1st friend puts in his in second slot then transfers char, 2nd friend takes out 2 mem card once 1st freinds char is transfered, then transfers his own char. we all play and then transfer back to the right memory card...easy as pie...actully eaiser...pies hard to make. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

wow thats amazing! did u come up with that coz if you did you are a genius!

shinobu_seta
Sep 18, 2004, 10:46 AM
On 2004-09-18 05:31, goku4ever wrote:

On 2004-09-17 17:33, Miroku77 wrote:

wow thats amazing! did u come up with that coz if you did you are a genius!

I thought this was explained in the instruction manual somewhere too. The technique is crucial for me and my friends since we all have different memory cards.

Offline multiplayer is the greatest idea ever. I can remember having people over and taking turns on dreamcast because we couldn't play at the same time.

You can quote several of us as saying "why didn't they make this multiplayer." ^_^;