PDA

View Full Version : PSO vs PSO+

KveerRaven
Sep 17, 2004, 10:50 AM
Ok, I'm finally on the road to getting my own copy of PSO! *YAAAAAAAAY ME* Then I see this news about PSO+. Well, I haven't heard much about it except that there are a few more quests and the such and that you can transfer your old character data to it (though it wouldn't matter for me, I have to start at level one, though with all my old characters rares and mags). I was wondering, is getting PSO+ better than getting the normal Ep.1&2 PSO or what? Tell me what you think.

Asura_UK
Sep 17, 2004, 10:52 AM
Well it's the same but slightly better. Even people that had the old version are getting + aswell, so it is obviously recommended for someone who never even had the original. Yes get + definately mate.

No point in getting an old version if a new one is out surely.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Asura_UK on 2004-09-17 08:54 ]</font>

Angelzero
Sep 17, 2004, 10:54 AM
Wa? This is so confusing. I thought chara data won't be changed at all if you tranfer them and that only happens to old jap versions..or something like that. aRG!

btw I like your mini Sephy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

KveerRaven
Sep 17, 2004, 10:58 AM
On 2004-09-17 08:54, Angelzero wrote:
Wa? This is so confusing. I thought chara data won't be changed at all if you tranfer them and that only happens to old jap versions..or something like that. aRG!

btw I like your mini Sephy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Hehe, thanks! got it from a site that went haywire, updated all their servers, and now doesn't have it anymore. Anyway, back on topic, I should have been more clear. See, when I was playing PSO, I was playing on a friends memo. card. So, whats going to happen, is since he's in Cali and I moved to Florida, I'm going to ship him MY memo. card so he can transfer my OLD characters rares and mags (from his card) to my NEW character on my card. Get it now? I hope I'm still not confusing you.

Skorpius
Sep 17, 2004, 12:56 PM
On 2004-09-17 08:50, KveerRaven wrote:
I was wondering, is getting PSO+ better than getting the normal Ep.1&2 PSO or what? Tell me what you think.

That's why Plus exists...
It's the whole point of releasing it, so people that don't have the game can can get Plus, which is better.

Shadowpawn
Sep 17, 2004, 12:59 PM
On 2004-09-17 10:56, Skorpius wrote:

On 2004-09-17 08:50, KveerRaven wrote:
I was wondering, is getting PSO+ better than getting the normal Ep.1&2 PSO or what? Tell me what you think.

That's why Plus exists...
It's the whole point of releasing it, so people that don't have the game can can get Plus, which is better.

*points to Skorpius sig*
Teh uber Focast, meh furher...
They also released it to fix some of the bugs in the game.

Mixfortune
Sep 17, 2004, 01:14 PM
On 2004-09-17 08:58, KveerRaven wrote:

On 2004-09-17 08:54, Angelzero wrote:

Hehe, thanks! got it from a site that went haywire, updated all their servers, and now doesn't have it anymore. Anyway, back on topic, I should have been more clear. See, when I was playing PSO, I was playing on a friends memo. card. So, whats going to happen, is since he's in Cali and I moved to Florida, I'm going to ship him MY memo. card so he can transfer my OLD characters rares and mags (from his card) to my NEW character on my card. Get it now? I hope I'm still not confusing you.

Unless you're using USB memory cards, you cannot transfer characters from one card to another permanently. You might be able to find a way to pull it off where you try sticking it in the transfer slots and keeping it there, but then you wouldn't be able to play it single player or online with those characters.

Angelzero
Sep 17, 2004, 01:24 PM
Well thats a shame..where can I get one of those..?

Miroku77
Sep 17, 2004, 07:42 PM
[/quote]

Unless you're using USB memory cards, you cannot transfer characters from one card to another permanently. You might be able to find a way to pull it off where you try sticking it in the transfer slots and keeping it there, but then you wouldn't be able to play it single player or online with those characters.

[/quote]

He is only talking about transfering his items and so forth, not his rares.

cHaOsMaZtA
Sep 17, 2004, 08:33 PM
yes, of course, get plus. It's 20 bucks cheaper, you get 4 ep2 quests they are normally only available online, and you get ep2 challenge mode. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EphekZ
Sep 17, 2004, 09:22 PM
On 2004-09-17 17:42, Miroku77 wrote:

He is only talking about transfering his items and so forth, not his rares.

....I thought you can transfer char. but not items( thats pointless to me) also if you already have a regular mem. card you cant transfer PSO files ive tried...

anwyays back on topic...yes get plus its better

shingo
Sep 17, 2004, 09:25 PM
what does usb stand for and what happen if yuo save it on the same mem card as the oringal pso

Mixfortune
Sep 17, 2004, 09:28 PM
Ah yes, my mistake on the transfer. I misread. Yeah, you can transfer the items between the cards and such, not the characters. My mistake.

As far as playing on PSO+, you don't really transfer the characters back and forth between the versions, you just start up PSO+ like you would normally start up PSO, choose your character as normal, and play.

If you don't have the regular EPI&II, just buy Plus. It's cheaper and you get the same things, but more.

EJ
Sep 17, 2004, 09:28 PM
Like everyone else says get plus it's cheaper and easier to find than the original and plus it got those 3 online quest offline now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ForceEJ on 2004-09-17 19:36 ]</font>

shingo
Sep 17, 2004, 09:34 PM
is the HL cheaper than the oringnal and can you only find the new rare monsters only in the new quest. can you find them outside of the outside of the quests too.

EJ
Sep 17, 2004, 09:38 PM
On 2004-09-17 19:34, shingo wrote:
is the HL cheaper than the oringnal and can you only find the new rare monsters only in the new quest. can you find them outside of the outside of the quests too.

No the HL isn't cheaper it's the same price and the new monsters for offliners which are Del Lilly, Ill gills, and Espilon are only in the towers.

Genoa
Sep 18, 2004, 09:22 PM
I think the online quests that are on offline are enough for me to want to get it... *just needs a gamecube, memory card, and conroller now...*

OutlawofRagol
Sep 18, 2004, 10:47 PM
Probably off topic right now, but EVEN if you have a USB mem card you still can't transfer characters between mem cards period. The game recognizes each character by a multitude of things, including what mem card it is on. I've tried transfering my character on my USB to my friends USB card, to no avail. So don't buy one unless you have other uses for it...

Zen89
Sep 19, 2004, 08:39 AM
Well, thanks to PSO+, my brother and I are able to Play online together (Gave him the Original PSO Ep.1&2)

And the No double saving really makes the game fell more secure....

Plus, the Ep2 C-mode, and Quests...

I Love Plus, lol
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

shingo
Sep 19, 2004, 08:49 AM
man i wish i could go online

Gats
Sep 19, 2004, 11:58 PM
umm..i heard it deletes all your items to prevents hacks...is that true cuz what about the legitimate ppl on PSO?

Gats
Sep 20, 2004, 12:01 AM
sry about double posting..but to be sure what exaactly is double save?

Mixfortune
Sep 20, 2004, 02:28 AM
Gats, edit your posts rather than double posting.
As for your questions:

1. PSO+ loads up exactly the same way as PSO EPI&II. You start it up and load your characters exactly as you normally would. All of your stats and items are intact. You don't even really "transfer" your characters to PSO+, you just load them like usual.

2. The double save, basically, was a part of a method used online by ST to try and prevent duping. Considering there were other methods of duping, it had no real affect on duping. The downside to double saving is that... well, there's more time spent saving to the card. You know all those times different games say "Saving... do not remove memory card or turn off the system"? Interrupting the processes can corrupt card data. Double saving isn't necessarily anything special in this regard except multiple saves. There's probably a more advanced explanation of it, but this should be enough for you to get the general concept.

Gats
Sep 20, 2004, 11:03 PM
thank you and how do u know the answer to the first question? you have PSO+ dont you, lol XD

EJ
Sep 20, 2004, 11:09 PM
Actually it's the same game as the original except with the new quest added and getting rid of the duping glitch and double save that's all.

Realm
Sep 21, 2004, 02:30 AM
Look... if you don't have Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II then you should get "Plus".

Added Offline Content:
Episode II Challenge Mode
Seat of the Heart
The East Tower
The West Tower
Centeral Dome Fire Swirl
Puyo Pop (GBA Mini Game)
Nights Score Attack (GBA Mini Game)

Notable Information About "Plus":
Shop Dupe Glitch Fixed
No Double Save
The original and plus discs can be used interchangably without any effect on your character data.
It works fine with your current Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II or Phantasy Star Online Episode III: C.A.R.D. Revolution Hunters Licence.
Blue background on the box art instead of white. It looks like the PAL box art of Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II

The main reasons I bought "Plus" is because of the Offline Challenge Mode and Centeral Dome Fire Swirl.

In summary:
Don't have "PSO I & II": Buy "Plus"
Have "PSO I & II": View the additions and changes and deside if it's worth $30.00.

Zeik123
Sep 21, 2004, 03:56 PM
Ugh. You don't have a choice. The first version of PSO is no longer sold for the game cube so you don't have a choice there. If you don't have ther first version and want PSO you're getting the second version.

This is info from Game Stop BTW

DezoPenguin
Sep 21, 2004, 04:13 PM
People, people, you're missing the single most important difference between PSO and PSO+ on GC...

The Photon Blast ring spins like it's supposed to now!

Zeik123
Sep 21, 2004, 05:20 PM
LOL I noticed that as well. Then I went back on the old one and checked. Wow it looks so much cooler with a Photon blast that looks great. Did anyone else notice that there seem to be a ton of new LOBBY errors. My game slows down and some times completly stops in the lobby when the music changes.

Realm
Sep 21, 2004, 09:24 PM
On 2004-09-21 15:20, Zeik123 wrote:
LOL I noticed that as well. Then I went back on the old one and checked. Wow it looks so much cooler with a Photon blast that looks great. Did anyone else notice that there seem to be a ton of new LOBBY errors. My game slows down and some times completly stops in the lobby when the music changes.

I haven't experienced any slow down with PSO + on or offline. It could be your connection or possibly your disc or Gamecube.

OnnaWren
Sep 23, 2004, 10:06 AM
So, you can tell whether a person online is using Plus based on the movement of the summoning circle? Spiffy.

Tsudo_Plat
Sep 23, 2004, 01:45 PM
Well, I got PSO+ a few days back and needless to say I think it FREAKING SUCKS!!!

OMFG!! >_<

Just so that all of you know. When you get PLUS, you can't just load up any character you want and play the Towers you have to beat Seat of the Heart, which HAS TO BE THE MOST ANNOYING QUEST EVER!!

For any of you that have never played it before, you must take elly with you through Temple, Spaceship, Fight the Gol Dragon with her, CCA, Tower. If she dies at all then you have to restart to when u last saved the quest.... >_<. I played through it with my Skyly HUcast lvl 114 and I knew what I was doing and it still took me a good hour. Those who play it the first time, or if Elly dies a couple of times, then expect to be sitting through that quest for hours... then you have to factor in that if you want to do that for ULT or with other characters you have to do it ALL OVER AGAIN!!! Wtf is up with that?! >_<

As far as online goes, I have noticed that I get FSOD WAYYY more than before. I was playing the other day through EN4 and someone used a Rafoie and it FSOD'd me.... >_< I wasn't playing in Vega or anything like that either...

That was like the first time I have ever FSOD without warping somewhere to get it. Made me lose my striker of chao too! So now I have to get another paku paku and play TTF again. >_<

Bah!

Plus SonicTeam is sooo freaking LAZY! During the intro "cinematics" when it shows the story and goes to the title screen it doesn't have "Plus" on it. They only added "Plus" to the "Press Start" screen. Now that is sad...

So if anyone is thinking about getting Plus, I wouldn't advise it unless you don't have online or if you just want to burn $30.

Realm
Sep 24, 2004, 05:24 PM
On 2004-09-23 11:45, Tsudo_Plat wrote:
Well, I got PSO+ a few days back and needless to say I think it FREAKING SUCKS!!!

OMFG!! >_<

Just so that all of you know. When you get PLUS, you can't just load up any character you want and play the Towers you have to beat Seat of the Heart, which HAS TO BE THE MOST ANNOYING QUEST EVER!!

For any of you that have never played it before, you must take elly with you through Temple, Spaceship, Fight the Gol Dragon with her, CCA, Tower. If she dies at all then you have to restart to when u last saved the quest.... >_<. I played through it with my Skyly HUcast lvl 114 and I knew what I was doing and it still took me a good hour. Those who play it the first time, or if Elly dies a couple of times, then expect to be sitting through that quest for hours... then you have to factor in that if you want to do that for ULT or with other characters you have to do it ALL OVER AGAIN!!! Wtf is up with that?! >_<

As far as online goes, I have noticed that I get FSOD WAYYY more than before. I was playing the other day through EN4 and someone used a Rafoie and it FSOD'd me.... >_< I wasn't playing in Vega or anything like that either...

That was like the first time I have ever FSOD without warping somewhere to get it. Made me lose my striker of chao too! So now I have to get another paku paku and play TTF again. >_<

Bah!

Plus SonicTeam is sooo freaking LAZY! During the intro "cinematics" when it shows the story and goes to the title screen it doesn't have "Plus" on it. They only added "Plus" to the "Press Start" screen. Now that is sad...

So if anyone is thinking about getting Plus, I wouldn't advise it unless you don't have online or if you just want to burn $30.

Dude... you can't just go play... say Waterfall Tears, either. Episode II quests are done in the same style Episode I quests are done. It makes perfect sence. I doubt being on "Plus" has anything to do you you FSODing. The intro isn't changed for "Plus" so why should they change the text? Even so, it doesn't matter... not having the word "Plus" in the intro is far from an issue. I like "Plus" and I suggest it to anyone that likes Challenge Mode or wants The Episode II quests / Central Fire Dome Swirl.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Realm on 2004-09-24 15:26 ]</font>