PDA

View Full Version : pso plus question

ETERNALFLAME
Sep 17, 2004, 05:00 PM
all right i just got my myself 52 dollars for helping my grandmother move and i was thinking of buying pso I&II plus for the GC.so i wanted to ask if i could srill use my old psoI&II data on pso I&II plus?could someome please tell me because i am going to eb games in 30 minutes.thank you.

Skorpius
Sep 17, 2004, 05:45 PM
Holy god, yes.
It's been stated 50 gajillion times in the last 9 months ;l

DragonFang
Sep 18, 2004, 01:21 AM
You'll also be saving 20 of your dollars. PSO+ is only $29.99 instead of the usual $50 price tag on many new games.

I bought the game earlier today and I'm a little disappointed to be honest. I knew not too expect too much, but ST could have added more than they did to the game. Oh well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DragonFang on 2004-09-18 07:27 ]</font>

Cap_Canuk
Sep 18, 2004, 10:25 AM
while it may have been stated 50 quadjillion times before...
in the box, there IS a registration key/number.
it does NOT say anywhere in the manual what to do if you are transferring characters from Ep 1&2 to Ep. 1&2 Plus.
It does not specify what to do with the rgistration key.

Now, before anyone gets smarmy with the "we've said it before" stuff, PSO is one of the finickiest games on the market in terms of registration and protection. It took me a damned week just to get online because ST tech support (and I use the term very loosely) kept telling me that my copy of the game couldn't go online since it was a second hand copy (which wasn't true, obviously, since I AM online now... the problem was their registration servers were down and they wouldn't admit it).

SO!
1. since there's a registration key in the game box, does it have to be entered?
2. does anything have to be done/changed with the Hunter's Licence since it was originally used with a different PSO registration key... the one from my first copy of PSO? (or are they totally unrelated subjects?)

I'd like an answer from someone who HAS switched to PSO+ and not from some 16-year old full of attitude who's just repeating what a friend of a friend read on the net somewhere.

Thank-you in advance.

P.S. please excuse my defensive or sarcastic demeanor.. while the world of PSO and most of PSOW have been a wonderful experience for me for the last couple of years, I've found that asking technical questions, either from ST or on this board, have tended to draw very unpleasant reactions: either smarmy and sarcastic (very little respect for newbies), or simply bullsh** answers that seem to be drawn from thin air.

shinobu_seta
Sep 18, 2004, 10:41 AM
On 2004-09-18 08:25, Cap_Canuk wrote:
while it may have been stated 50 quadjillion times before...
in the box, there IS a registration key/number.
it does NOT say anywhere in the manual what to do if you are transferring characters from Ep 1&2 to Ep. 1&2 Plus.
It does not specify what to do with the rgistration key.

Now, before anyone gets smarmy with the "we've said it before" stuff, PSO is one of the finickiest games on the market in terms of registration and protection. It took me a damned week just to get online because ST tech support (and I use the term very loosely) kept telling me that my copy of the game couldn't go online since it was a second hand copy (which wasn't true, obviously, since I AM online now... the problem was their registration servers were down and they wouldn't admit it).

SO!
1. since there's a registration key in the game box, does it have to be entered?
2. does anything have to be done/changed with the Hunter's Licence since it was originally used with a different PSO registration key... the one from my first copy of PSO? (or are they totally unrelated subjects?)

I'd like an answer from someone who HAS switched to PSO+ and not from some 16-year old full of attitude who's just repeating what a friend of a friend read on the net somewhere.

Thank-you in advance.

P.S. please excuse my defensive or sarcastic demeanor.. while the world of PSO and most of PSOW have been a wonderful experience for me for the last couple of years, I've found that asking technical questions, either from ST or on this board, have tended to draw very unpleasant reactions: either smarmy and sarcastic (very little respect for newbies), or simply bullsh** answers that seem to be drawn from thin air.

If the game asks for the access key (not sure if it will or not since your hunter's license info is already on the card) then you should enter the one from your older copy (the second hand one as they put it.)

If you do that, then you'll be using the same account information as before. It's the same as when you get Episode 3, to use the same hunter's license, enter the access key from your ep 1 & 2 copy.

Orange_Coconut
Sep 18, 2004, 03:34 PM
I just popped in my PSO+ and my characters from PSO were already on it. It was like it was the same game but with new quests that used to be online only.

For the record, I lost my PSO so I bought PSO+, and if you don't have either game, I'd suggest PSO+ since it's PSO and more. And it's not that expensive.

So, yeah, you can definitely transfer characters.

Corey
Sep 18, 2004, 03:40 PM
And since finding a normal PSOEP1&2 copy is near impossible now.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

MidNightSun
Sep 18, 2004, 05:01 PM
I have the old PSO Episode 1&2 and I just bought the PSO Episode 1&2 Plus, I was wondering, what else would I be getting instead of the online quests? Are there weapons I can get offline now too?

Tycho
Sep 18, 2004, 05:50 PM
On 2004-09-18 15:01, MidNightSun wrote:
I have the old PSO Episode 1&2 and I just bought the PSO Episode 1&2 Plus, I was wondering, what else would I be getting instead of the online quests? Are there weapons I can get offline now too?

If you used to play the NTSC version your graphics will be better. And I assume you did play NTSC.
There are weapons you can get offline too now; such as Nei's Claw. And some rares will be easier to obtain offline, with the new Tower Quests. Such as drops from the CCA mini bosses (if you're online go for PW), the tower enemies, Delbiters (WT), and Meriltas (first room ET) for Plaintan / Fatsia with hit.
And there's the Blue and Green Rings from Episode 2 offline challenge mode. Those are not obtainable in online play.

Zeik123
Sep 18, 2004, 07:58 PM
OK Guys. Why the heck is the Gibbels only giving my 51 EXP in ULTI mode for the West tower when everything else is giving like 500?

Ketchup345
Sep 18, 2004, 08:43 PM
On 2004-09-18 17:58, Zeik123 wrote:
OK Guys. Why the heck is the Gibbels only giving my 51 EXP in ULTI mode for the West tower when everything else is giving like 500?

Glitch.

I thought PSO+ fixed some of the major glitches...

That glitch was known for a while now, but for some reason wasn't corrected for PSO+.

Zeik123
Sep 18, 2004, 11:07 PM
I think they put more in then they fixed. For some reason the lobby is very glitchy. Like sometimes when you change music the game will lag so bad it stops completly. Werid.