PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to max a RAmarl with 2 God/Abilities?

Magus17
Sep 17, 2004, 05:33 PM
And... I mean completely maxed. I'm 17 or so mats off from being able to completely max her. Help? If you know how to do this, please post.

Thanks

Tycho
Sep 17, 2004, 06:14 PM
Yes, you can. (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=689)

Substract the bonuses you get from the units from the 'difference' values. Now shift the values on the mats and mag stats. You're done; you figured out how to max with two God Abilities.

Magus17
Sep 17, 2004, 06:25 PM
Ok here's what I have so far...

RAmarl (Ranger+Human+Female)

STAT BASE MAX DIFFERENCE

HP 1315 1565 250
TP 931 -- --
ATP 743 1145 402
DFP 426 577 151
MST 732 1031 299
ATA 216 241 25
EVP 798 900 102
LCK 10 100 90

Two God/Abilities and 125 HP mats

Remaining Stats:

atp: 362
dfp: 101
mst: 259
dex: 21
evp: 62
lck: 50

Mag - Rati: 5/77/42/76

Remaining Stats:

atp: 208
dfp: 96
mst: 107
dex: 0
evp: 62
lck: 50

Does that look right up to this point? I'd need more than 250 mats to max at this point..

cHaOsMaZtA
Sep 17, 2004, 09:11 PM
*clears throat* Have you not noticed the sticky so aptly named "cHaOsMaZtA's, RicoRoyal's, and Quo's Ultimate Max Stat Guide " (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=88755&forum=7&20)?? That means if you wanna know how to max a character's stats, look in there.

*beams pridefully* (yes, me and quo and ricoroyal made that superb guide) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

oh and to answer your question, no you can't fully max a RAmarl with 2 slot items. you need to use 3 slot items.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cHaOsMaZtA on 2004-09-17 19:11 ]</font>

Evergea
Sep 17, 2004, 09:49 PM
On 2004-09-17 15:33, Magus17 wrote:
And... I mean completely maxed. I'm 17 or so mats off from being able to completely max her. Help? If you know how to do this, please post.

Thanks

Sorry mate, most people at PSO World won't do your work for you. Might as well get used to doing your own work and use PSO World as a last resort.

To answer your question. Yep, two God/Abilities is the bare minimum you need in helping to max your character. You'll need at least another slot free in your armor to blow on a unit.

Already got a high leveled character? In the worst case scenario you might not be able to max your character due to too many item materials being used in one stat. In that case - Try to get the stats as high as you can.

Otherwise, it should be pretty smooth sailing.

Gynn_Rei
Sep 18, 2004, 07:16 AM
I maxed my RAmarl with 4 slots because I can't find a God/abbility. Don't need the 2 God/minds so i often equip something else instead of them.

Magus17
Sep 18, 2004, 09:14 AM
I already figured out how to max all my characters using minimal units, I just couldn't figure out what to do with my RAmarl. pso-world was my last resort.
-_-

Tycho
Sep 18, 2004, 11:28 AM
Why the hell does everyone care about maxing stuff that badly? What I mean is, why not use those slots for other types of units? Why max even the least useful stats on your character when you could use those slots for other stuff, such as PB/Creates, Cure/***'s, God Battles/Techniques, HP/TP Revivals or even Perfect Resists?

It seems everyone is going crazy about achieving yellow stats, but how could that be so much more important than optimizing a character's usefullness, especially if you consider those yellow maxed stats are just for level 200 characters anyway?

To be honest, I really don't understand the priorities some people choose to live by.

Tsudo_Plat
Sep 18, 2004, 12:06 PM
Yes, I agree.

With my characters, I usually look at their worst stat, and then completely neglect that 1 stat in order to give the other stats a boost. I don't plan on getting to 200 with any of my characters, so its not really a big deal to me.

I just use 2 God/Ability (currently only have 1), 1 God/Battle and then leave that empty slot open for anything else that I might need. For instance, Cure/Freeze for ULT Falz... Resist/Devil for caves/temple/seabed...

I will probably just leave a God/HP in that last space though since none of my characters have maxed on HP materials.... in fact I don't think any of them are even close! XD

RicoRoyal
Sep 18, 2004, 01:50 PM
On 2004-09-17 19:11, cHaOsMaZtA wrote:
*clears throat* Have you not noticed the sticky so aptly named "cHaOsMaZtA's, RicoRoyal's, and Quo's Ultimate Max Stat Guide " (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=88755&forum=7&20)?? That means if you wanna know how to max a character's stats, look in there.

*beams pridefully* (yes, me and quo and ricoroyal made that superb guide) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

oh and to answer your question, no you can't fully max a RAmarl with 2 slot items. you need to use 3 slot items.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cHaOsMaZtA on 2004-09-17 19:11 ]</font>

Quoted for emphasis.

Tycho and Tsudo_Plat, you are entitled to your opinions on the issue of max stats. Still, this thread has nothing to do with whether you agree with max stats or not. The creator of the thread asked for help with maxing, not if he should or should not max.

Magus17, check out the guide. If your material diets don't directly match those of the guide, then you can always work with power/mind mats and power/mind mag stats to fix that little problem up. If something still doesn't feel right, then feel free to PM me.

cHaOsMaZtA
Sep 18, 2004, 10:43 PM
On 2004-09-18 09:28, Tycho wrote:
Why the hell does everyone care about maxing stuff that badly? What I mean is, why not use those slots for other types of units? Why max even the least useful stats on your character when you could use those slots for other stuff, such as PB/Creates, Cure/***'s, God Battles/Techniques, HP/TP Revivals or even Perfect Resists?

It seems everyone is going crazy about achieving yellow stats, but how could that be so much more important than optimizing a character's usefullness, especially if you consider those yellow maxed stats are just for level 200 characters anyway?

To be honest, I really don't understand the priorities some people choose to live by.

On 2004-09-18 10:06, Tsudo_Plat wrote:
Yes, I agree.

With my characters, I usually look at their worst stat, and then completely neglect that 1 stat in order to give the other stats a boost. I don't plan on getting to 200 with any of my characters, so its not really a big deal to me.

I just use 2 God/Ability (currently only have 1), 1 God/Battle and then leave that empty slot open for anything else that I might need. For instance, Cure/Freeze for ULT Falz... Resist/Devil for caves/temple/seabed...

I will probably just leave a God/HP in that last space though since none of my characters have maxed on HP materials.... in fact I don't think any of them are even close! XD

I see where you guys are coming from http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif, and we dealt with the issue of having effectiveness instead of max stats. That's why, if possible we included methods of maxing stats that allow for some customization, and that leave as many open slots as possible. Anyways, it's all in the guide if you wanna look.

Tsudo_Plat
Sep 18, 2004, 11:08 PM
Yes, I went over your guys guide and I wanted to commend you on it. You guys did a great job and you deserve more credit then you probably get.

I just personally would rather not go the whole 9 yards and get to lvl 200. I get bored using the same characters over and over again so I prefer to mix things up.

You know what would be cool, is a guide that helps people raise their characters. I'd call it a SUPER IN-DEPTH GUIDE. You give suggestions on what items to use on each level, how to raise your mag, etc. How sweet would that be? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Gynn_Rei
Sep 20, 2004, 09:07 AM
Def is good to be maxed, ATP too, MST too, EVP too (she has the best, why not max it to the best?), LCK (i don't mind the criticals, I use my leftovers for luck)

Gjl
Sep 20, 2004, 10:52 AM
On 2004-09-20 07:07, Gynn_Rei wrote:
Def is good to be maxed, ATP too, MST too, EVP too (she has the best, why not max it to the best?), LCK (i don't mind the criticals, I use my leftovers for luck)

You recommend maxing EVP and you don't even mention ATA? EVP is probably the worst stat to max and MST isn't that great on a non-FO.

Priority:
ATA
ATP
DEF
LCK
MST
EVP

BTW the blocking animation sucks and just wastes time. I'd rather get hurt for 2 damage (if I pump DEF) and be able to shoot immediately after instead waiting for the blocking animation. You also need a shitload of EVP to block at later levels and I assure you 1 POW/MIND/DEF/LUCK material will be far more useful than 1 EVADE material.

Mystil
Sep 20, 2004, 01:51 PM
For a Hune, only use maybe 10-15 def mats and no more. My hune has 474 DEF and I pay dearly for it everytime I face enemies I can't knock down. FOs need def and mst.

For hunters in general, I agree with the poster above me. Never use an evp mat ever. It wont activate when you need it do, ever. I have 678 on my fone, and it only works in the EARLY stages. But places like Ruins and seabed, nope.

On 2004-09-18 09:28, Tycho wrote:

Well, people have been caring about maxing thier stats since..oh I dont know..DC version 1? EpI and II made it more challanging to do this though, thus the increased interest to max your characters. This isn't anything new, although I admit I'm suprized at the recent influx of people lately wanting to know advice on maxing thier characters at 200. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2004-09-20 11:55 ]</font>