PDA

View Full Version : Whats the deal with Secret gear??????

Miroku77
Sep 17, 2004, 08:50 PM
whats the deal with secret gear its recomended as a good final barrier for some classes, but its bearly better than attribute wall(in means of def and evp) but it has way less attributes. I checked the guides but it didnt say anything. does it have a special use or effect?

shingo
Sep 17, 2004, 09:28 PM
its better than my delsaber shelid by 30 def

Jason
Sep 17, 2004, 09:31 PM
On 2004-09-17 19:28, shingo wrote:
its better than my delsaber shelid by 30 def

30 DFP more very barely make a difference. Don't forget the good EDK attribute that the shield of Delsaber have...

Seval
Sep 17, 2004, 09:36 PM
Maybe people like secret gear 'cause a cool thing appears when you block? I have one, and also have things much better than it...

Eihwaz
Sep 17, 2004, 09:50 PM
Secret Gear is a really superb shield, and it's also easy to find, and has a low level requirement. Attribute Wall IS better, but it is quite a bit harder to find, so that's why people don't talk about it much. Go with Secret Gear, unless you find Attribute Wall, at which point you go with that.

Saffran
Sep 18, 2004, 06:17 AM
Very easy, the Secret Gear drops very often (I get on average one every 2 runs) whereas the Delsaber Shield needs a bit more patience (stems from the fact that's there are much less Delsabers in your average run than there are Gilchics....)
I haven't found Attribute Wall, although I must admit I've never played CCA much in Hard Mode.

Besides, the Secret Gear a loads of Defence, which (for my playstyle) is a good thing early on. Now at lv 124, I've changed to Delsaber Shield, because the difference in Def is rather moot (it's much less than 30...) and I'm hunting Mil Lilies anyway.

Vielka
Sep 18, 2004, 08:06 AM
im confused.. isnt secret gear a shield and attribute wall an armor? i have both and was just curious

Skuda
Sep 18, 2004, 08:27 AM
Secret gear is a very good find while you are lov in levels. since it has a low level reqirement, it is easilly equipped early in the game, and has good stats untill you find something better. perhaps untill mid ULT.

On 2004-09-18 06:06, Vielka wrote:
im confused.. isnt secret gear a shield and attribute wall an armor? i have both and was just curious

I believe you are thinking of Attribute Plate

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scott_Kuda on 2004-09-18 06:28 ]</font>

Zelgadis
Sep 18, 2004, 09:04 AM
Sorry but I have to throw my two cents in. To be perfectly honest I've been looking for something stronger then the gear. I've had it on most of my chars since they've been able to use it and I'm personally sick of it. Though I haven't played in about 4 months. But the items that are better are the hardest to get *coughs* Tripolic...

darthsaber9x9
Sep 18, 2004, 07:34 PM
hmm on a slight tangent, i was laying multi mode withmy little bro when i found my attribute wall.

my bro asked me : will he(gibbles) drop anything rare?

i said not a chance in hell. regardless, i hung around his corpse, and whaddya know? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Gjl
Sep 19, 2004, 07:38 AM
Secret gear = boring
Delsaber's Shield looks very cool IMO (see my profile for a picture http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif). It also has much better EVP and EDK.

Genoa
Sep 20, 2004, 08:07 PM
On 2004-09-19 05:38, Gjl wrote:
Secret gear = boring
Delsaber's Shield looks very cool IMO (see my profile for a picture http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif). It also has much better EVP and EDK.

But what about the hidden ninjas that use the secret gear???...
Secret Gear is very good for low levels and mid levels. Nice low requirements, good stats, and just has a cool name... I mean come on, how can you resist SECRET GEAR....?

And about your Delsaber's Shield. Please remember that Forces cannot equip the Delsaber's Shield *a very offended FOmar player...*