PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Games

Eihwaz
Sep 18, 2004, 12:10 PM
I am considering buying an Xbox and Xbox Live, just because of some very awesome looking games that are to come out, like Halo 2 and Fable. I also intend to get Counter Strike, and Genma Onimusha, possibly PSO. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Are there any other good games that you guys can recommend to me?

EphekZ
Sep 18, 2004, 12:20 PM
..uhh ahhh uhhh mechassault...thats pretty good...oo oo sudeki...ya.... I'm not much of a fan of X-BOX so those are really the only games I have played

EJ
Sep 18, 2004, 12:28 PM
I like the Panza Dragoon series you should check it out. Fable as you mention seem to be good. That's all I can think of since I do really like xbox much, I can't get past the controller http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EphekZ
Sep 18, 2004, 12:38 PM
On 2004-09-18 10:28, ForceEJ wrote:
I like the Panza Dragoon series you should check it out. Fable as you mention seem to be good. That's all I can think of since I don't really like xbox much, I can't get past the controller http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

fixed don't http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif you said do

I forgot about PD yes check that out good call force

Giezus
Sep 18, 2004, 01:38 PM
If you havnt played any of the previous games, I would suggest Morrowind: GoTY. Nice, open-ended RPG with tons of hours of gameplay.Even though I havnt played it, I heard that Fable had about 12 hours of story and if you choose the "darkside", it gets boring fast. People dont talk to you and the most you can do is kill people/villages. But, as I said, I havnt played it yet so I dont know.

PJ
Sep 18, 2004, 02:02 PM
As said before, Mechassault is awesome! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

And I also very much recommend Jet Set Radio Future ^_^

And the Controller S =o

Madzozs
Sep 18, 2004, 02:15 PM
Fusion Frenzy

xjustsumloser
Sep 18, 2004, 02:24 PM
Madzozs, are you on drugs? heh i played the demo of that and well....things get a little hazy after that.

But well halo 2 of course comes out in NOV. Doom3 and halflife 2 and schedualed at some point in time. Conkers Live and reloaded looks great. I didnt too much like counter strike though. Everyone seems to love fable though i havent played it. Unreal champ and metal arms are great also.

Madzozs
Sep 18, 2004, 03:21 PM
Fusion Frenzy is an awesome game to play with a group of friends. It kills hours of time otherwise spent sitting around.

Allos
Sep 18, 2004, 03:46 PM
On 2004-09-18 13:21, Madzozs wrote:
Fusion Frenzy is an awesome game to play with a group of friends. It kills hours of time otherwise spent sitting around.

Are your friends on drugs too?

Madzozs
Sep 18, 2004, 03:54 PM
Hey asshole, I've never done an illegal drug in my life. I didn't start drinking until I turned 21. None of my friends have done drugs. Thanks for being a douchebag though.

Bradicus
Sep 18, 2004, 05:43 PM
On 2004-09-18 12:15, Madzozs wrote:
Fusion Frenzy

No

[/my humblest of opinions]

Skett
Sep 18, 2004, 06:29 PM
MechAssault
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Splinter Cell
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Unreal Championship
Ninja Gaiden
Otagi: Myth of the Demon

These are all I can think of at the top of my head.

Eihwaz
Sep 18, 2004, 06:34 PM
MechAssualt comes free with the Xbox Live kit, so that's cool. JSRF is really fun, but I'll probably just borrow it from a friend. Also, I'm buying the new Xbox set, that comes with a Controller S instead of the other one.

Thanks for the tips guys, let's some more.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 19, 2004, 03:58 AM
Shenmue 2 rules!

Well just my opinion, since I loved the first and the second has a lot more to do in it. But this is only if you've never seen or played it upon its original releases in Japan/DC, Europe/DC, and USA/XBOX.

It is pretty hard to track down at chain stores however. The only place I've ever seen this thing is on a promo poster facing inwards to the XBOX demo kiosk at a local ToysRUs (which they won't give to me even when I asked nicely! It seems to be glued to the plastic walls X_X and they don't even carry the game anymore!*) and on my brothers modded XBOX (gargh, lucky jerk, title screen music and everything-SNES emulators, etc. etc.)

And or Halo 1 if you find it bargain priced and want to hone up on some Halo skills before jumping into part 2, and of course for any pals that come over for the occasional multiplayer?

Tony Hawk:Underground if you're into the Tony Hawk games and need a mindless fix for a few minutes a day.

*Off Topic and elaborating about Toys R Us.
9/14/04 I go to pick up PSO Plus. "Do you have Phantasy Star Online for Gamecube?" clerk pauses for a long while and then finally says "What? Phantasy Star,...Online?" He sits on a computer desk chair and rolls backwards quickly like an idiot-knocking over a giant sized box of GBA 3rd party accesories, which I pick up for him as it dropped with a loud thud right near my feet- then goes and checks his display case of games, which I already looked in and didn't see it. "Nope." "It's supposed to come out today." "If it comes out today then we should have it tomorrow." "Okay." I go back the next day and buy 2 copies after work. Its a different clerk this time. The clerk is helpful and can see in front of him what I wanted to buy when I asked for it. 10 or so copies Of PSO + sitting there.

Gargh!! Just because you're Mr. Madden average Joe, XBOX is for cool guys gamer, doesn't mean games you've never heard about don't exist. Its on your website. Its on many other websites with release dates. Don't patronize me. If I asked for Madden 2005 or Ninja Gaiden(maybe not even that) you wouldn't give me any hard time about it.
Its not like I walked in and asked for the new Hamtaro GBA game and caused a scene in doing so. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rainbowlemon
Sep 19, 2004, 05:14 AM
I've had my Xbox for ages now, and all I really have it for now, at the moment, is Halo 2 and Shenmue >_>

Seriously, most of the games on consoles have an equivalent on the pc, so I never really bother anymore...Shenmue, however, is a fantastic game, please please, if you haven't played it, it should be your top priority after Halo!

DarthFomar
Sep 19, 2004, 05:52 AM
On 2004-09-18 16:34, Eihwaz wrote:
Thanks for the tips guys, let's some more.

If you like Star Wars...

"Knights of the Old Republic", "Battlefront" *out next week*, and "Republic Commando" *comes out it a few good months* are some good choices.

Battlefront is even multiplayer. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Also, "Fable" is another good title. It's one of the best RPG's the Xbox has to offer. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Although a little on the short side (20-25 hours), Fable is a remarkable experience. And the replay value is decent enough; good and evil paths, the game is never the same twice, there's even goodies for completion bonuses. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Oh, and the ending is a welcome treat as well. (hint, hint)

But, it's your call...there are a lot of good games for Xbox. Choose wisely.

Skett
Sep 19, 2004, 08:01 AM
How about these:

Need for Speed Underground
Tony Hawk Underground
Burnout 3
Dead or Alive 3
Dead or Alive: Ultimate
Gulty Gear X Reloaded
Soul Calibur 2
Crimson Skies

BOC
Sep 19, 2004, 11:17 AM
well judging from the games i have/have played, here is the cream of the crop.

halo 1 - nuff said. get a bunch of mates around, hook up 16 player ctf and say good bye to ur evening
deus ex IE - damn good game, despite not been as good as the first storywise.
ninja gaiden - if yer hard enough!! fast fun slice em up action. think kill bill/shogun assassin but with more spectacular fighting, demons and less yellow jump suits and kids in babycarts.
dead or alive 3 - fast furious, 4 player tag is fun. easy to learn, constantly slated as been the poor mans fighter, but is damn good. not because of big breated ladies though.
otogi - harder than ninja gaiden in my humble opinion, challenging but fun.
star wars - kotor - best star wars game. ever.
gun valkyrie - if ur up for a challenge and a half. little hard to grips with the controls at first, but after 30mins-45mins u'll be used to em and pulling off amazing feats.
unreal championship - damn good fun.
panzer dragoon orta - shoot stuff that looks all pretty. includes the 1st game 2 unlock.
house of the dead 3 - if ur investing in a light gun.
crazy taxi 3 - the legend lives on.
pso I&II - do you really have to consider getting it?
chronicles of riddick - only played the demo but damn fun.
doa xtreme vollyball - if you like *ahem* volleyball
gta double pack - 2 games n one. driving cars and brutal death
headhunter redemption - if ur a fan of the first
jet set radio - i despise all skateboarding, biking 'extreme sports' games but jsr won my heart. funky stuff.

and even though their available on other systems id recommend trying out baldurs gate dark alliance 1&2, metal gear 2, onimusha (kinda short), soul calibur 2, lotor 2 towers n return of the king, 007 everthing or nothing, max payne 1&2 & robotech battlecry, jedi knight 2&'3'.

and if u like stealth games (which i can't say i really do) splinter cell 1&2 and theif deadly shadows.

things that are coming out to keep an eye on - halo 2, doom 3, half life 2, kotor 2, doa ultimate, advent rising, unreal championship 2, otogi 2, fable, republic commando, jade empire, red ninja, call of cthulhu, mechassualt 2, snowblind and i could go on but i won't overwhelm you.

and finally try to avoid medal of honor frontline, the thing (not that bad just a bit of a let-down) and quantum redshift. but i would caution trying out sudeki before buying it. yes its pretty and on paper it sounds good, but i played the demo and i can't say im overly impressed.

happy gaming future xbox owner! soon you shall laugh heartily at the other puny gaming systems!! excuse me while i run from the horde of gamecube and ps2 fans who don't realise im joking.

PEACE!!!

Eihwaz
Sep 19, 2004, 04:32 PM
On 2004-09-19 06:01, Skett wrote:
How about these:

Need for Speed Underground
Tony Hawk Underground
Burnout 3
Dead or Alive 3
Dead or Alive: Ultimate
Gulty Gear X Reloaded
Soul Calibur 2
Crimson Skies

I'm not much for racing or sportsy games, but I will get Dead or Alive 2, and I'll give DoA: Ultimate a try. Dunno about Guilty Gear X, though...I already have SCII on GC, and I don't think I'll get Crimson Skies...

On 2004-09-19 09:17, BOC wrote:
well judging from the games i have/have played, here is the cream of the crop.

halo 1 - nuff said. get a bunch of mates around, hook up 16 player ctf and say good bye to ur evening
deus ex IE - damn good game, despite not been as good as the first storywise.
ninja gaiden - if yer hard enough!! fast fun slice em up action. think kill bill/shogun assassin but with more spectacular fighting, demons and less yellow jump suits and kids in babycarts.
dead or alive 3 - fast furious, 4 player tag is fun. easy to learn, constantly slated as been the poor mans fighter, but is damn good. not because of big breated ladies though.
otogi - harder than ninja gaiden in my humble opinion, challenging but fun.
star wars - kotor - best star wars game. ever.
gun valkyrie - if ur up for a challenge and a half. little hard to grips with the controls at first, but after 30mins-45mins u'll be used to em and pulling off amazing feats.
unreal championship - damn good fun.
panzer dragoon orta - shoot stuff that looks all pretty. includes the 1st game 2 unlock.
house of the dead 3 - if ur investing in a light gun.
crazy taxi 3 - the legend lives on.
pso I&II - do you really have to consider getting it?
chronicles of riddick - only played the demo but damn fun.
doa xtreme vollyball - if you like *ahem* volleyball
gta double pack - 2 games n one. driving cars and brutal death
headhunter redemption - if ur a fan of the first
jet set radio - i despise all skateboarding, biking 'extreme sports' games but jsr won my heart. funky stuff.

and even though their available on other systems id recommend trying out baldurs gate dark alliance 1&2, metal gear 2, onimusha (kinda short), soul calibur 2, lotor 2 towers n return of the king, 007 everthing or nothing, max payne 1&2 & robotech battlecry, jedi knight 2&'3'.

and if u like stealth games (which i can't say i really do) splinter cell 1&2 and theif deadly shadows.

things that are coming out to keep an eye on - halo 2, doom 3, half life 2, kotor 2, doa ultimate, advent rising, unreal championship 2, otogi 2, fable, republic commando, jade empire, red ninja, call of cthulhu, mechassualt 2, snowblind and i could go on but i won't overwhelm you.

and finally try to avoid medal of honor frontline, the thing (not that bad just a bit of a let-down) and quantum redshift. but i would caution trying out sudeki before buying it. yes its pretty and on paper it sounds good, but i played the demo and i can't say im overly impressed.

happy gaming future xbox owner! soon you shall laugh heartily at the other puny gaming systems!! excuse me while i run from the horde of gamecube and ps2 fans who don't realise im joking.

PEACE!!!

Long post. o_O

Let's break it down. I already have Halo for PC, but I might buy the Xbox version anyway, dunno about Deus Ex, I might try out Ninja Gaiden, I already mentioned DoA3, might give Otogi a try, KotoR looks nice and it has online, I believe, I'm not gonna get Gun Valkyrie, I've heard terrible things about it, Unreal Championship I might look into, as well as Panzer Dragoon Orta. I'll probably just borrow JSRF from my friend, but if I can get a good price, I might buy it.

Holy crap, that was the longest sentence EVAR. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Scrub
Sep 19, 2004, 04:40 PM
If you DO get on Xbox Live and play Counter-Strike(or Pandora Tomorrow), pass me yer Gamertag and we'll play sometime.

I mainly play Counter-Strike and Pandora Tomorrow(IMO, best Xbox live game out there) for multiplayer, and I'll play Morrowind and Fable(ONLY get this game if you play games to actually PLAY them - not "power-act" through. There's a lot of extra stuff to mess around with, but if you stick to the main quest...you'll be disappointed.).

DarthFomar
Sep 20, 2004, 01:12 AM
On 2004-09-19 14:32, Eihwaz wrote:
Dunno about Guilty Gear X, though...I already have SCII on GC, and I don't think I'll get Crimson Skies...

Put it this way. Guilty Gear X2 is by far the best 2-d fighter of all time. And with the extras that you get with the xbox version (xbox-live, more characters, more fighting modes) how can you go wrong...especially with a price tag of only $20. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I reserved mine, and I'm glad I did. For one, it's a hella fun game; and two, I went to pick it up and they only had one copy...mine.

Seems that most retailers only received a few copies for it's big release. It might become one of those hard to find titles, never know. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Oh and Crimson Skies is at least worth a rental. Unless you plan on getting Panzer Dragoon, which will totally drain any desire you have for playing Crimson Skies. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bunny.gif

silvermax
Sep 20, 2004, 02:34 AM
Cell Damage

its like twisted metal only better

and IF you can find it, it should be like 10-20$

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: silvermax on 2004-09-20 00:36 ]</font>

kevlar_pso
Sep 20, 2004, 12:35 PM
Unbelievable! I can't believe not a one a yas mentioned NFL2K5! At $20 you are gettin your monies worth and then some. Madden fanboys aside, most magazines and web sites give NFL2K5 a slight edge over Madden 2005. Not to mention NHL2K5 also. All the 2K5 sports games are $20 this year. This is also surprisin considerin how many Sega fanboys are here. lol

If you have a significant other, Xbox Music Mixer is pretty cool. My wife's sister and my bro-in-law came over and we had some fun w/the Kareoke.

Burnout 3 is a blast too. Playin 4 player Red catch up to and total Blue over Live is awesome.

BOC
Sep 20, 2004, 02:32 PM
On 2004-09-19 14:32, Eihwaz wrote:
Long post. o_O

Let's break it down. I might try out Ninja Gaiden

you'd be mad not to. amazing game. and not really as hard as everyone makes it out to be. hard without being hair-pulling-ly evil

KotoR looks nice and it has online online is limited to content download like new skins and so on as far as im aware. but dont let the lack of online play put u off one of the finest rpgs ever.

I believe, I'm not gonna get Gun Valkyrie, I've heard terrible things about

i'll not lie, you'd either love it or hate it, very few people sit on the fence when it comes to GV. gotta say i liked it. but it is an aquired taste so try before you buy - if u change ur mind.

PEACE!!!