PDA

View Full Version : A Pinkal Question.

Link_Dead
Sep 18, 2004, 06:38 PM
As a Pinkal FOmar, Ive been wondering what would be some great items that I can Pipe, Ive looked over most and Pinkal's items are not that great. Ive already piped a Cadusaus and a hildablue's head. So what are some usefull pipeable items that would aid me as a FOmar...?

thanks in advance, LD.

Dark_Cloud
Sep 18, 2004, 06:55 PM
if you'r after mind go in vhard caves get a few god minds from nar lillys

Link_Dead
Sep 18, 2004, 07:02 PM
thats something to ponder about. But as my guard wave is.. it only has one slot. maybe i should go hunt down some add slot's...

Tsudo_Plat
Sep 18, 2004, 11:22 PM
On 2004-09-18 17:02, Link_Dead wrote:
thats something to ponder about. But as my guard wave is.. it only has one slot. maybe i should go hunt down some add slot's...

Well if you're offline only then get a Redria to Normal Temple and you can pipe Add Slots from Nar Lilies.

I would suggest getting a Berdysh in ULT temple, it is supposed to be pretty good.

Blue-Hawk
Sep 19, 2004, 12:58 AM
On 2004-09-18 21:22, Tsudo_Plat wrote:

On 2004-09-18 17:02, Link_Dead wrote:

Well if you're offline only then get a Redria to Normal Temple and you can pipe Add Slots from Nar Lilies.

I would suggest getting a Berdysh in ULT temple, it is supposed to be pretty good.

Did you even read his original post? He said he is using a Fomar. They can't use the Berdysh. Only a Hucast and a Hucaseal can.

Hrith
Sep 19, 2004, 04:12 AM
A Pinkal answer:
it sucks http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Armok
Sep 19, 2004, 04:21 AM
Pinkal RT/PW have a couple of good drops. Although offline as a main id I wouldnt recommend it. Online though its useful for a couple of quests and such.

Tycho
Sep 19, 2004, 05:14 AM
Meh. Pinkal pipes?

God Mind, Agito 1975, Star Amplifier, Berdysh, Windmill, Rabbit Wand

You had the Caduceus already and TP/Revival is bad. For pipes it's just not getting much better. Either get a second ID, or waste your time on those Pal Rappies. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Nai_Calus
Sep 19, 2004, 05:17 AM
Recreate while you still can. >_>

Link_Dead
Sep 19, 2004, 06:45 AM
well I do have some help, a few friends. A redrea, greennil and a varidia. I myself have a back up level 27 yellowbose. but yeah, if I really need something from those ID's I ask if I can use there chars for a few hours and I pipe them what ever it is im trying to pipe. (don's his guard wave) But still... I doubt im gonna re make my FOmar... It may not sound like much to you guys but getting a new character back up to 102 will just take too much out of me. But thanks for all the help! and since my best friend is a redria i will go pipe some add slots! hehe! BTW is there a drop rate for the add slot with the nar lilly?

AlphaDoom
Sep 19, 2004, 06:56 AM
I think it's 87.5% but I ain't quite sure. It should be easy to get anyway http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Luis
Sep 19, 2004, 10:57 AM
one question before you mess up?

you got PSO or PSO+??

if you got PSO+ you dont need to use a redia, find Photon Drops and open the tower quest and trade to paganini some Add slots, btw Pinkal is a good choice for a Force.

Blue-Hawk
Sep 19, 2004, 11:00 AM
On 2004-09-19 08:57, Luis wrote:

you got PSO or PSO+??

if you got PSO+ you dont need to use a redia, find Photon Drops and open the tower quest and trade to paganini some Add slots, btw Pinkal is a good choice for a Force.

Um... That means that Gallo's shop is offline, right? Well, it's not.

Ketchup345
Sep 19, 2004, 11:02 AM
On 2004-09-19 08:57, Luis wrote:

you got PSO or PSO+??

A) Gallon's Shop isn't in PSO+ at all.
B) Pinkal generally loses most, if not all uses if you have more than 2 IDs.

Link_Dead
Sep 19, 2004, 11:47 AM
I am still playing ep.1&2 i dont plan on buying PSO+ unless it can somehow wow me... and as for the shop not being in the new version at all... Damn... That would have wowed me...

MT7218
Sep 19, 2004, 07:49 PM
I'm suprized no one mentioned that Pinkal has the best chance at getting a Cure/Slow (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=353). Despite what some may think, Cure/Slow can acutally be fairly usefull in places like Mines and Spaceship, where you'll be getting slowed often by the enemies there, thus not having to cast Anti / use Sol Atomizers every 2 seconds while the enemies pound away on you, or have to just wait the slow out, either.

Granted, this isn't too redeeming of a quality for Pinkal, but seeing as you have a Pinkal already fairly high in level, you may as well take as much advantage of it as possible.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MT7218 on 2004-09-19 17:52 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MT7218 on 2004-09-19 17:56 ]</font>

silvermax
Sep 19, 2004, 10:36 PM
pinkal has some nice boss drops

TheDing
Sep 19, 2004, 11:00 PM
have u tried getting an asuka off barba ray, i mean i know pinkal's drop rate is 1/6. that's a freakin good drop rate.

cHaOsMaZtA
Sep 19, 2004, 11:00 PM
Pinkal also is the place to go for god/ability if your offline. And silvermax is right, almost every boss drop for pinkal in ult mode is very good.

Luis
Sep 19, 2004, 11:23 PM

who is talking about Gallons Shop?? i said TOWER QUEST. get the computer and bla bla bla bla, etc etc etc. i hope you know what to do next

Blue-Hawk
Sep 19, 2004, 11:38 PM
On 2004-09-19 21:23, Luis wrote:

who is talking about Gallons Shop?? i said TOWER QUEST. get the computer and bla bla bla bla, etc etc etc. i hope you know what to do next

Enlighten us on this one. My friend completed the 3 quests on my copy of plus and there was no one to take a photon drop. They can't be used offline, unless you need the cash. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Eihwaz
Sep 19, 2004, 11:39 PM
Remake if you can...

Primrose
Sep 20, 2004, 05:09 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_barf.gif
Sorry, cant help it, Pinkal bashers inspired me.

Too bad you dont have access to online quests, that is indeed a drawback.
You may want to look for God/Ability, God/Mind, Cure/Slow, Luminous Field, DF Field, Aura Field (if you dont have Oran its the best place, although pretty hard without access to online quests), Spirit Garment, Stink Frame (although is no point without Gallons Shop), Tripolic Shield, Attribute Wall, and depending on you, if youre a melee force or a technique casting force you have a few weapons to look for...

Melee: Red Saber, Soul Banish, Holy Ray, Morning Glory, Bringers Arm, Fatsia, and a good pair of mechguns and er, Angry Fist and Elysion? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Technique casting: All Merges (you will need especially Resta Merge and Anti Merge as FOmar), the nine star wands, the nine star canes, Magic Rock Moola (and if youre too lazy for that, eventhough its an easy one: Star Amplifier), Branch of Paku Paku, Sorcerers Arm, Caduceus, Hildebears Head, Hildeblues Head.

That should be way enough to be a good force, but without online access and you being a male character, i wont list everything. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Ketchup345
Sep 20, 2004, 05:18 AM
On 2004-09-19 21:23, Luis wrote:

You have to do all that in the Tower quests, then access the Gallon's Shop in order to do that. You don't get that option within the Tower Quest.

And anyways, the Tower Quests only let you add %s to weapons and add specials to S-Ranks. The items are in the normal Gallon's Shop.

SLON
Sep 20, 2004, 07:08 AM
Getting to level 102 is nothing; if you think it is too much effort to re-create a character and get back to level 102, then you won't be playing this game very long!!

Garm
Sep 20, 2004, 09:17 AM
i envy pinkal since im hunting a asuka. but if you want some nice drops let the redria and greennill help you (greennill ruins/mines for nice ra weps and redria for nice hu weps) so you can make a purplenum (any class), get to ult and pipe down a p-wand for your fomar

Blue-Hawk
Sep 20, 2004, 09:23 AM
On 2004-09-20 07:17, Garm wrote:
i envy pinkal since im hunting a asuka. but if you want some nice drops let the redria and greennill help you (greennill ruins/mines for nice ra weps and redria for nice hu weps) so you can make a purplenum (any class), get to ult and pipe down a p-wand for your fomar

The Asuka is an easy drop. I have a pinkal and got 2 out of 3 Barba Ray fights.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blue-Hawk on 2004-09-20 07:24 ]</font>

Hrith
Sep 20, 2004, 10:24 AM
So you do have some luck, Blue-Hawk http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nai_Calus
Sep 20, 2004, 10:51 AM
Reminds me of how I've never seen a Twin Brand in 145 levels of loving Temple and having a REDRIA FOmar there, and then I do two attempts at RT, and two of them drop in subsequent runs. >_>

And of the pipable things I've actually hunted down completely, PINKAL's Agito took the longest, weighing in at 27 Pals. (As opposed to my 8 Pouillies for Lavis)

Primrose should be here any second to make us puke with yet another extolling of how 'wonderful' PINKAL is(n't) and going on and on about how he's read the drop charts and wow, isn't PINKAL amazing. >_>

I don't think we read the same drop charts. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Mystil
Sep 20, 2004, 02:00 PM
On 2004-09-20 05:08, SLON wrote:
Getting to level 102 is nothing; if you think it is too much effort to re-create a character and get back to level 102, then you won't be playing this game very long!!

Uhm, this is and will be an effort. Cheaters are more common at low levels. If will be VERY HARD to get back to 102 for a legit melee. FO will have minor difficulty til they get JZ and other spells that hit all enemies and stick with 80% exp. So..yea don't assume it's going to be easy, when you'll get in games with lv10s using BKB. O_o.

Btw Pinkal gets a drop that would make my life so much easier as a fo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2004-09-20 12:03 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Sep 20, 2004, 05:00 PM
Uh, Sil? Anyone who tries to level a character up ONLINE Normal through late VHard is a fucking dumbass, for EXACTLY those reasons. Even if you play with legit friends it's stupid.

Also, from the sounds of it, he's not online, is he?

The game has this thing called 'offline mode'.

-_-

Link_Dead
Sep 20, 2004, 05:18 PM
On 2004-09-20 12:00, Silhouette wrote:

On 2004-09-20 05:08, SLON wrote:

Uhm, this is and will be an effort. Cheaters are more common at low levels. If will be VERY HARD to get back to 102 for a legit melee. FO will have minor difficulty til they get JZ and other spells that hit all enemies and stick with 80% exp. So..yea don't assume it's going to be easy, when you'll get in games with lv10s using BKB. O_o.

Btw Pinkal gets a drop that would make my life so much easier as a fo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2004-09-20 12:03 ]</font>

Pish... As an offline FO its freaking hard SLON... So dont just say I wont play this game long... for your information, Ive been playing PSO for the DC since the day it came out... Online within the first week. A solid year I spent on that game and then months on and off till the US servers died out... Then my Wife picks up a game cube on sale and I go out and buy the new PSO... So, in esence... Ive been playing PSO since its birth ( US anyway ) so dont barge in and think your all badass... I do have a life and 200+ hours is a nice chunk... as to the others who posted, yeah Pinkal is bad with some drops but its not the worst section ID, I just piped 2 god/minds and am now working on that cure/slow (also good for the falz battle) so thanks for all the great info, I dont plan on remaking my FOmar... As i got a nice up and coming yellowbose ranger.

Genoa
Sep 20, 2004, 06:39 PM
Just check the Item Findings for each ID, look at what they get (preferably Ultimate drops), and determine which ID you want. If you don't know about the items on the lists, just click them and look for yourself. If you still have questions about the item, you can make a topic on it. Or, you can PM somebody who knows alot about all the items, and they'll tell you what it does. I know that I can tell you what almost all the items do on the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2004-09-20 16:40 ]</font>

Blue-Hawk
Sep 20, 2004, 08:35 PM
On 2004-09-20 08:24, Kef wrote:
So you do have some luck, Blue-Hawk http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

That was last December.

xHIGHONLIFEx
Sep 20, 2004, 10:52 PM
So if Pinkal isn't a good Section ID for a Force as some have you have said, then what is better??? I'm beginning to have a change in mind about my FOmar... He's lvl 5 so changing him now to something else wouldn't be as heart breaking...

Eihwaz
Sep 20, 2004, 11:43 PM
On 2004-09-20 03:09, Primrose wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_barf.gif
Sorry, cant help it, Pinkal bashers inspired me.

Too bad you dont have access to online quests, that is indeed a drawback.
You may want to look for God/Ability, God/Mind, Cure/Slow, Luminous Field, DF Field, Aura Field (if you dont have Oran its the best place, although pretty hard without access to online quests), Spirit Garment, Stink Frame (although is no point without Gallons Shop), Tripolic Shield, Attribute Wall, and depending on you, if youre a melee force or a technique casting force you have a few weapons to look for...

Okay, Purplenum finds God/Ability from Gibbles, at a much lower drop rate, but from a rarer enemy. Purplenum has the same drop for God/Mind. Cure/Slow? Purplenum doesn't find that, but it's only good for droids, IMO. Luminous Field from Tollaw? Heh, Redria gets it from Dubchichs at a much lower drop rate, but Tollaws are more common. DF Field doesn't have a drop rate listed for Pinkal, but Redria gets it from the more common (I believe) Merlans. If you want an Aura Field, you'll use Oran. Simple as that. Pinkal doesn't have too bad a Spirit Garment, but better IDs get a fairly easy one as well. Stink Frame, Pinkal finds easiest. I'll give you that. Tripolic Shield is a tough drop for any ID, but Redria and Oran have better drops, IMO. Pinkal's Attribute Wall isn't so bad, but Purplenum's is very similar. Yeah. That was a horrible blob of text. XD

Melee: Red Saber, Soul Banish, Holy Ray, Morning Glory, Bringers Arm, Fatsia, and a good pair of mechguns and er, Angry Fist and Elysion? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Red Saber can be gotten much easier in Skyly. Soul Banish, heh, never mind that a better ID like Redria can find it from the same enemy with the same rate, right? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif Holy Ray is pretty good, but Yellowboze gets it from the same enemy for the same rate. Morning Glory, let's not forget Oran gets it from the same enemy, while Whitill gets it from Delsaber with the same drop rate. Greenill can pipe it. Yellowboze AND Purplenum get Bringer's Arm. Pinkal doesn't have too big a problem with Fatsia, but Whitill finds it under similar conditions, IIRC. You want Mechguns? Purplenum? Maybe Whitill? Angry Fist isn't that great, but 9 out of 10 IDs find it somewhere. And good-ole Elysion, again, let's not mention that both Purplenum AND Oran find it from the SAME ENEMY at the SAME DROP RATE. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Technique casting: All Merges (you will need especially Resta Merge and Anti Merge as FOmar), the nine star wands, the nine star canes, Magic Rock Moola (and if youre too lazy for that, eventhough its an easy one: Star Amplifier), Branch of Paku Paku, Sorcerers Arm, Caduceus, Hildebears Head, Hildeblues Head.

True, Pinkal does find all Amps/Barriers. This is useful. However, I only find myself needing a few. Red, Yellow, Blue, and Resta Merge. Heh, again, Yellowboze finds them, as well as other IDs. And again, they're useless after you have one of each. Magic rock Moola? Again, let's not mention Purplenum, Redria, or Yellowboze. As for Star Amp, Oran can pipe it too, and from Rappies. Fake In Yellow, anyone? Caduceus? Grants isn't that great, IMO, but if you must have it, Yellowboze and Whitill can both pipe it. Also never mind that all enemy parts are irrelevant to mention, becuase Yellowboze finds them all from the same enemies at the same drop rate!

In closing, I will state that you are far better off with something like Redria, Purplenum, Whitill, or Yellowboze, as opposed to Pinkal. Also check the Item Findings (like I did when I made this post) before making a new character with an ID you aren't familiar with.

EDIT: Oh, and although NO ONE is going to read this, I'm going to put it in anyway. Yeah, I listed like 8 IDs. The point I made? Why bother listing certain items as a "Pinkal strong point" when you can just go with a better ID that finds that same item for the same drop rate?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-09-21 22:18 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Sep 20, 2004, 11:57 PM
The biggest argument in favour of any other ID over PINKAL: Just about anything else will actually supply your OTHER characters, as well. 9_9

I made a PINKAL FOnewm and killed him because he didn't have shit to offer my other chars. Replaced him with a PURPLENUM who gets all her own nice RA stuff and gives stuff she finds to my other chars.

Now, the REDRIA FOmar I made? I have never regretted that for a second. He finds plenty of stuff for himself, as well as stuff for my HUmar and RAmarl. One ID, and it supplies three characters, as opposed to PINKAL. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_barf.gif

It's nice that you like PINKAL, Primrose, but 99.99999% of people who actually know what the fuck they're talking about when it comes to ID choice in this game agree that PINKAL is shit. >_> Quit trying to torture the n00bs by suggesting they go with it. Please. -_-

silvermax
Sep 21, 2004, 01:48 AM
*looks at pinkal in sig*

you guys are crazy. pinkal isnt one of those "Instant gratifacation" ids but its NOT like it will kill you if you use it.

Hrith
Sep 21, 2004, 03:48 AM
On 2004-09-20 23:48, silvermax wrote:
*looks at pinkal in sig*

you guys are crazy. pinkal isnt one of those "Instant gratifacation" ids but its NOT like it will kill you if you use it.
It's still the worst ID. I can see you use Yas3k and Spread Needle, I do not think you can thank Pinkal for that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

And to add to Wazzy's excellent post, easiest Red Saber is probably Whitill FoS.

silvermax
Sep 21, 2004, 03:56 AM
eh so? i have other ids

having Pinkal for an id didnt ruin my game to the point where it was unplayable, thats how you guys make it sound.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: silvermax on 2004-09-21 01:58 ]</font>

Tycho
Sep 21, 2004, 04:23 AM
On 2004-09-20 15:00, Ian-KunX wrote:
Uh, Sil? Anyone who tries to level a character up ONLINE Normal through late VHard is a fucking dumbass, for EXACTLY those reasons. Even if you play with legit friends it's stupid.

Also, from the sounds of it, he's not online, is he?

The game has this thing called 'offline mode'.

-_-

Ian, you are confusing online play with joining random teams in Vega. If your team members cheat; make sure you can do about as much without having to cheat. If you twink a character, you should be able to almost clear a difficulty as soon as you're allowed to be in it, in online mode. I'm not kidding either, but getting some support from a friend on your team is always nice to train a secondary character.

I really should try to get an L30- FOnewearl into Ult in offline mode. ;o

Primrose
Sep 21, 2004, 05:45 AM
I did this defending enough now, but id like to say one or two things...
Eihwaz, you dont get the point at all, didnt you actually realize you listed up 8 section IDs just to make Pinkal look bad? You need 8 section IDs to cover the Pinkal drops!?
Congratulations, that should speak for itself.

I cannot help it if people lay down opinions as facts, im not new to this game either. Im a very force orientated player, more than many others. Id like to have all force weapons, therefore i look at drop charts, again, more than others.
I suffered corruption a few times, i only have an Oran FOnewm left (which was only created for the purpose of piping Sigh of a God and hunting Prophets of Motav).
Result, i miss Pinkal.
I had Bluefull, which totally lost appeal having Pinkal as my main ID. I dont mind Yellowboze, its a good force ID.
Purplenum is just about as much a force ID as Pinkal is a hunter ID.

And reading things like this...

And of the pipable things I've actually hunted down completely, PINKAL's Agito took the longest, weighing in at 27 Pals. (As opposed to my 8 Pouillies for Lavis)
... disgust me, since it sounds like an attempt to find a contra argument versus Pinkal, while it has nothing to do with section IDs, but with pure luck.

The thing is, Ian-KunX, i read drop charts just like you, and Pinkal finds more than all other IDs that are considered good force IDs. Now thats a fact, not opinion. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif
Go on, ignore it.
We all know it needs a few IDs to cover Purplenum drops too, dont we? We all know it needs a few IDs to cover Redria drops too, dont we?
The only argument i buy regarding other IDs being better, is the fact that Pinkal does not have powerful section ID specific items.
I just dont understand this argument of "others also find it", really, that applies to all IDs, until youre reduced to section ID specific items.

Hrith
Sep 21, 2004, 08:57 AM
teh Ianz wrote:
It's nice that you like PINKAL, Primrose, but 99.99999% of people who actually know what the fuck they're talking about when it comes to ID choice in this game agree that PINKAL is shit. >_> Quit trying to torture the n00bs by suggesting they go with it. Please. -_-

Garm
Sep 21, 2004, 09:57 AM
On 2004-09-20 21:43, Eihwaz wrote:

In closing, I will state that you are far better off with something like Redria, Purplenum, Whitill, or Yellowboze, as opposed to Pinkal. Also check the Item Findings (like I did when I made this post) before making a new character with an ID you aren't familiar with.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-09-20 21:46 ]</font>

id prefer having pinkal in ult above purplenum by far >_< purplenums only use is the p-wand >_< greennill covers up most and more from purplenum (ofc it cant cover the yas 9k but that one useless anyway) but on topic any person offline should have a redria because of the nice drops for all classes

Hrith
Sep 21, 2004, 10:14 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

It's the other way round, Purplenum is like a Greennill++, which makes Greennill useless unless you want its exclusive drops (Yas3k, useless thanks to FS, and Flame Garment, sucky armour that looks like crap, yay).

Look harder before posting next time >_>

Purplenum is probably the 2nd best ID in the game, while Greennill... 6th ? below average, at any rate.

Blue-Hawk
Sep 21, 2004, 10:17 AM
On 2004-09-21 08:14, Kef wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Purplenum is probably the 2nd best ID in the game, while Greennill... 6th ? below average, at any rate.

As literally everyone here knows, I beg to differ on that wholly.

Hrith
Sep 21, 2004, 10:31 AM
Don't tell me you're one of those "all IDs are balanced" people http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

here's for you: http://www.pso-world.com/item_findings.php

Primrose
Sep 21, 2004, 12:01 PM
There are things such as opinions.
Maybe you should learn that not everything needs to be rated good or bad.

Hrith
Sep 21, 2004, 12:03 PM
Maybe you should learn that you've been stating an opinion all along...

Gjl
Sep 21, 2004, 02:06 PM
Why is Purplenum the 'best FOnewm ID' anyway? Very few people have the dedication and obsession to pipe a 1/205 drop and Smoking Plate is arguably useless due to it being ugly and Aura Field having better stats (and easily pipeable http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif). The God/Abilities aren't too bad if you want to max your stats and Yas9-ks are nice too. So why is this good for a FOnewm?

And for a Ranger, IMO Greenill interests me more. I mean it has the best chance for the NUG (and only Yellowboze is the other ID that can get it). Yas-3k is a cool gun and Greenill can find the FS too so you saying Purplenum makes Greenill useless in this respect due to the FS being a more useful weapon is a moot point.

Greenill towers are complete shit, but Towers are fucking boring and irritating so they are not worth my time when I play this game for fun.

My favourite area in the game happens to be the mines and Greenill has the best mines. Wow Purplenum can get a Syncesta, Kasami and Yas-9k there. Well the Syncesta is one of the last items I would hunt for due to Sinow Red daggers pwning Lavis Blades in appearance (and Demolition Comet being > Double Cannon in looks too). The Kasami is found more easily on Redria if you do Soul Blades and it's far easier to hunt the Yas-9k in the temple, making mine runs for these items almost pointless.

Aside from the mechs, Greenill also has the best Yas drops (3k is exclusive, 2k Greenill drop is far easier than the Purplenum drop and 7k is the same as the Purplenum drop). Yas-9k is the main selling point of Purplenum to me (and to be honest I can't find any other advantages Purplenum has over Greenill, but you can have fun convincing me otherwise).

Clearly wether an ID is good or not to someone is almost entirely subjective. BTW I do think that Pinkal is pretty bad, especially due to Yellowboze being so amazing.

Hrith
Sep 21, 2004, 02:26 PM
Purple Mines > Greennill Mines any day.

Thanks for your opinion, but I find Yas3k useless and NUG too, sadly, and Purplenum has a lot of incredible drops for all classes, and the only good drops for rangers that Greennill has, Purplenum also does. Get it now ?

I'd like to see how any rifle is better than FS http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Sure, get out of Forest first.

RicoRoyal
Sep 21, 2004, 02:45 PM
On 2004-09-21 12:06, Gjl wrote:
Why is Purplenum the 'best FOnewm ID' anyway?

On 2004-06-19 21:58, RicoRoyal wrote:
Make a Purplenum FOnewm.

While going through Hard mode, you'll come across the ever useful (against Falz that is) Club of Laconium. Purplenum will also allow you to get the hildebear/hildeblue cane(s) relatively early on in the game and those are always nice for FO users. Less usefull, but just as easy to obtain in V-hard forest is the Elysion (in case you decide to melee with your FOnewm at an early point of the game). De Rol Le in V-hard might also be very kind to you and drop a nice Mahu (very very nice for TP recovery). Best of all in v-hard, although not exclusive to purplenum, is that nice pipeable God/Mind unit from the Nar Lily.

By the time you get to Dark Falz on V-hard, you should have absolutely no trouble kicking her/its sorry ass with everything you've acquired. Should you ever get stuck in Ruins in v-hard you could take some time off and hunt for a stink frame from a death gunner, assuming your capable of getting online to get the neccessary items to upgrade said armor. It will serve you well until you get to a very nice place in Ultimate for a Purplenum FOnewm, CAVES!

Ultimate caves, purplenum section ID, and FOnewms were born for one another. In there you will find two items that are of particular interest to FOnewms, the Psycho Wand (pipeable) and the Smoking Plate. In caves as a FOnewm you will have no trouble nuking everything in site. If you go for the Smoking Plate first, you can do a FOnewm's dream quest, Addicting Food. Things WILL go BOOM! Eventually, you will find the smoking plate, at which point you will be able to leave addicting food behind and move on to waterfall tears, where you will pipe (perhaps for a long while) for the greatest (IMHO) FOnewm weapon to ever exist, http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif THE PSYCHO WAND http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif .

SO, there ya' go; Purplenum FOnewm. Before you start your journey into FOnewm greatness, I suggest you find yourself a Fire Scepter: Agni using your Yellowboze. I might also suggest that you use your Redria and hunt yourself a nice cure/paralysis. Eventually, with the cure/paralysis and a purplenum FOnewm in ultimate, you will be able to go into Ep.2 Temple and hunt for a very commonly sought after rare for rangers (assuming you have one), the Yasminkov 9000M. You will Nuke everything in sight, and you will be able to do it sporatically without having to worry about being paralyzed by a stupid Lily who doesn't appreciate your fireworks.

GO MAKE A PURPLENUM FONEWM NOW!!! GOGOGOGOGO!!!
We all gunnn dieeee... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_quickdraw.gif

Keep in mind, I don't call something the best just because it is entirely dedicated to one class. Purplenum finds yas9k. You almost make it sound as if this is bad simply because a FOnewm cannot use a yas9k. I'm sorry... I didn't realize an ID that was good for a character class, could only be good if the ID was only useful for said class </sarcasm>. Purplenum promotes Addicting Food runs. Addicting food runs promote Exp. It's not just about the finds - it's also about how well a character class does in an area where an ID drops its items. If Purplenum isn't a good ID for a FOnewm, then what is, Gjl?

IDs aren't the only things that are subjective. I already made my point about looks being subjective (in response to your commentary in another thread), which is why I completely disagree with you on the Smoking Plate. And even if I did agree with you about the plate being ugly... you do realize the Aura Field is the exact same animation as smoking plate, only in a different color, don't ya? It has higher stats (as you mentioned), but also recquires a higher level (152 as opposed to 131 for the smoking plate). And what's this? OH no! TP drainage from the Aura Field. Yeah... let me think about that... NO! My FOnewm already sucks enough online even w/ a Psycho Wand and merges; a TP draining armor is just what I needed </sarcasm>.

The God/Abilities aren't too bad

Huge.Fucking.Understatement.

BTW I do think that Pinkal is pretty bad, especially due to Yellowboze being so amazing.

Agreed. Yellowboze makes up for alot of the things one would ever want a Pinkal for.

My top four ID choices have yet to change even after the tons of ID topics created (these pinkal arguments are no exception).

In no order whatsoever (it all depends on what you are giving priority to in the game):
Yellowboze, Purplenum, Redria, and Whitill.

Combine those four, and you'll find little reason to ever create a Pinkal.

On 2004-09-21 12:26, Kef wrote:
Thanks for your opinion, but I find Yas3k useless and NUG too, sadly, and Purplenum has a lot of incredible drops for all classes, and the only good drops for rangers that Greennill has, Purplenum also does. Get it now ?

Quoted for emphasis.

Gjl
Sep 21, 2004, 02:47 PM
On 2004-09-21 12:26, Kef wrote:
Purple Mines > Greennill Mines any day.

I'd like to see how any rifle is better than FS http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Sure, get out of Forest first.

And thank you for YOUR opinion. Your opinion might actually be worth less than you think (around about how much mine is worth - imagine that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif).

My point was (which you obviously seem to have missed) is that wether an ID is good or not is almost entirely subjective.

BTW if you wouldn't mind reading my post again you will see that I didn't actually say FS was worse/better than anything. Nothing close to that actually, sigh.

Yas-3k is a cool gun and Greenill can find the FS too so you saying Purplenum makes Greenill useless in this respect due to the FS being a more useful weapon is a moot point.

So basically finding Yas-3k and FS is better than being able to find FS, no? FS is a better gun, what's your point? How does that make Purplenum better than Greenill if Greenill can also find it (plus the Yas-3k as a nice little extra)?

Since YOU find the NUG/Yas3-k/whatever useless IN YOUR OPINION, Greenill is not as good IN YOUR OPINION. Stop stating how Purplenum is greater than Greenill as a fact when it obviously is not (a fact that is, just to make it a little clear for you).

Plus I still haven't seen anything to suggest that Purplenum is better than Greenill, apart from Purplenum having a few of the good items Greenill has which obviously is not an 'advantage' (plus Purplenum can't find the NUG, Yas-3k, Guard Wave and a lot of other nice (IMO) items. You see, you can't tell me that Purplenum is better than Greenill; it's all based on opinion - what a freakin' suprise).

Thanks for nitpicking away at my post without making any comments on the real points I made.

BTW how are Purplenum mines better than Greenill mines when all of the good drops in Purplenum mines are best found elsewhere, and Greenill has the best chance of getting at least two items there, one of which happens to be exclusive to the ID? Like I said, personally Greenill mines pwn the absolute shit out of Purplenum mines and quite frankly it doesn't matter what you think so you don't have to try forcing your opinion onto people. You're very welcome to think otherwise of course, if you can let others do that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

And please tell me what the 'incredible' drops for other classes are, I can't see anything in there that particularly interests me but I could have missed something perhaps? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gjl on 2004-09-21 13:13 ]</font>

Gjl
Sep 21, 2004, 02:56 PM
Reply to Rico:
Aura Field TP draining is barely noticeable, even on a HUmar. Plus the smoking plate looks like a sawrm of flies to be honest.

Addicting foods promoting EXP? Well the quest isn't exactly the fastest way to get exp. Promoting exp? I don't understand what you mean by that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif.

What ID is best for FOnewms? Well you tell me, I asked first http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. I just don't think having a pipeable Psychowand (which only very few people will be motivated to do) and an armour that can be found elsewhere is convincing enough to make a Ranger based ID suitable for a FOnewm. IMO Yellowboze is better suited.

God/Abilities are only really useful for maxing stats. 20 to all stats doesn't make much of a difference except maybe Def and Luck (and 2 ATA might be helpful, heh). They certainly make less of an impact compared to God/Battles, Cure units and Resist/Devils.

Armok
Sep 21, 2004, 02:59 PM
If you define the sec ids by how easily they find the most useful weopons to each class overall purpleum is indeed pretty high up on the chart and prob the best ranger id there is yam 9000M, FS and SN being the defining RA weopons. Other than an easy Guard wave I see no reason to play Greenil over purple at all (sacred cloth is better than Guard wave imo at high levels anyway).

Gjl
Sep 21, 2004, 03:07 PM
On 2004-09-21 12:59, Armok wrote:
If you define the sec ids by how easily they find the most useful weopons to each class overall purpleum is indeed pretty high up on the chart and prob the best ranger id there is yam 9000M, FS and SN being the defining RA weopons. Other than an easy Guard wave I see no reason to play Greenil over purple at all (sacred cloth is better than Guard wave imo at high levels anyway).

Thank you for confirming what I said, Armok. There is no right or wrong in this argument, but some people seem to think so. It all depends on what items you like and want to find.

BTW saying Purplenum finds FS and SN isn't a reason to play Purple over Green since Greenill can find them too, from exactly the same monsters http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

RicoRoyal
Sep 21, 2004, 03:13 PM
On 2004-09-21 12:56, Gjl wrote:
Addicting foods promoting EXP? Well the quest isn't exactly the fastest way to get exp. Promoting exp? I don't understand what you mean by that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif.

Offline FOnewms tend to be good at nuking shit. Do you own a FOnewm? Have you tried Addicting Food runs? There is tons of exp/time in that quest if you're a FOnewm. It "promotes" exp. on a FOnewm, because a FOnewm has a reason to be doing the runs in the first place (the Smoking Plate that you are incredibly biased against), and is also amazingly capable of clearing rooms in caves (FOnewm w/ Agni w/ rafoie merge = AF pwnership).What the hell is not to understand?

On 2004-09-21 12:47, Gjl wrote:
And thank you for YOUR opinion. Your opinion might actually be worth less than you think (around about how much mine is worth - imagine that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif).

No. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Speaking from my perspective, Kef's opinion on this issue, and many other issues far outweighs the usefullness of anything you have to say, Gjl.

But then again... that's just my fucking opinion. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif Is that annoying yet? Hm? Is it? That's the fucking point of this thread - to state your opinions in order to contradict the others, in hopes of getting closer to what could kind of be considered useful facts. No need to keep stating the same opinion shit over and over and over again. You use that subjective and opinion crap as if you were drowning in the ocean and "IMO" was a freaking floatation device. Ugh... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif Learn to argue here, people. Primrose has great examples of why Pinkal might be good. I disagree with most of them, but I am at least willing to reason those points out in my head a little. Kef makes some great counterarguments in response to Prim, and I just so happend to side more with Kef than with Prim. I don't much care for anything you've said thus far, Gjl, other than that little line about yellowboze.

There is no right or wrong in this argument, but some people seem to think so. It all depends on what items you like and want to find.

ARRRRGGGHHH!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Gjl
Sep 21, 2004, 03:32 PM
Well actually I've stated a lot of reasons why I find Greenill to be better than Purplenum. For example I feel the NUG is a good reason to make a Greenill, but Kef disagrees because he thinks it's useless (but I hunt stuff based on fun factor and appearance, rather than strength, whereas Kef goes for strong items). So uhh how is this gonna lead to 'facts' being made? You can make statements about IDs having stronger items (which I guess would be a fact), but you can't really say an ID is 'better' for a fact. You can't really make a fact out of opinion.

BTW just because somebody's opinion is more agreeable than someone else's, they are all just opinions (which are worthless at that, since only your own views matter with topics like this).

Hmm I guess this argument only really helps deciding IDs for people making their first or second character. I mean who gives a crap about wether Greenill is better than Purplenum or not when you can have both? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I'm suprised you use the Agni wand for your FOnewm BTW since you're missing out on the uber casting speed you'd get on a rod (C-Sorcs cane is a nice example; it has GI-boosts and TP saving as well).

BTW why do you hate Yellowboze Kef? It's starting to become my favourite ID and the extra chance to get hit% is nice. Plus I see no better force ID, of which there are only two (or three, just to keep the FOnewms happy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif).

Gjl
Sep 21, 2004, 03:44 PM
Ok just to play along:
Items Gjl likes that Greenill has:
NUG-2000
Kasami Bracer
Yas-3k
Yas-7k
Yas-2k
Guard Wave
Spread Needle
Frozen Shooter
Ruby Bullet
Bringer's Right Arm
Magic Rock 'Moola'
Red Scorpio
Aura Field
Heaven Punisher (wishful thinking eh?)
Parts of Eggblaster

Items Gjl likes that Purplenum has:
Sacred Cloth
Frozen Shooter
Red Scorpio
Kasami Bracer
Yas-9k
Yas-2k
Yas-7k
Magic Rock 'Moola'
Ruby Bullet
Spread Needle
Bringers Rifle

Purplenum = less wanted items than Greenill
All wanted items on Purplenum = on Greenill (except the Sacred Cloth and Yas-2k)

Greenill is a better ID for a Gjl to make. Please prove me otherwise http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.(I dare say that's about the only fact that's stemmed from this entire argument http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gjl on 2004-09-21 13:49 ]</font>

RicoRoyal
Sep 21, 2004, 03:51 PM
On 2004-09-21 13:32, Gjl wrote:
I'm suprised you use the Agni wand for your FOnewm BTW since you're missing out on the uber casting speed you'd get on a rod (C-Sorcs cane is a nice example; it has GI-boosts and TP saving as well).

I DON'T USE AGNI! I never said I did. It was merely a suggestion. Still, what the shit do you mean "uber casting speed"? Rod animation is just meh on the FOnewm, beating out wand (Agni) animation by a bit. I do recall you saying the TP drainage of the Aura Field was "barely noticeable". Funny... TP saved with a sorcerer cane is... yup, barely noticeable. If Gifoie cost 30 TP... it now cost 27... wow... yeah... greatttttt. Try this out: Rafoie w/ Agni's slow casting speed. Now try this one out: Gifoie (amazingly slow) w/ sorcerer cane's slightly faster animation. Yeah, there goes your argument right out the window (you we're talking about casting speeds and TP, not actual pros and cons of rafoie and gifoie).

Again, do you own a FOnewm? Have you tried Gifoie in Ultimate caves (by the time you are done casting gifoie, you will be surrounded in AF)? Have you tried AF runs with a FOnewm? Do you own both a C-sorc. cane and Agni? Hm?

Link_Dead
Sep 21, 2004, 04:00 PM
Quit fighting in my thread... Its over, I desided that Pinkal was an ok ID for me to keep, so shut up (no offence) Im done here... Quit flameing... Ive got a few friends with good ID's so im set, thanks for the help.

Hrith
Sep 22, 2004, 04:38 AM
On 2004-09-21 13:32, Gjl wrote:
Well actually I've stated a lot of reasons why I find Greenill to be better than Purplenum.
I haven't seen any, just mistaken opinions

For example I feel the NUG is a good reason to make a Greenill, but Kef disagrees because he thinks it's useless (but I hunt stuff based on fun factor and appearance, rather than strength, whereas Kef goes for strong items).
What do you know ? I found NUG and I tried it before talking, playing for fun is great, but being a deadweight with so-so weapons is not, like I said, get out of Forest.

So uhh how is this gonna lead to 'facts' being made?
I have made facts, if you missed them, then go back to the drop charts.

You can make statements about IDs having stronger items (which I guess would be a fact), but you can't really say an ID is 'better' for a fact.
See above.

BTW why do you hate Yellowboze Kef?
It is a totally unreliable ID, I like IDs to be reliable in what you find, the game is random enough. And you cannot find ID specific 9-stars from boxes, that is a major drawback.
I only ever found NUG and Flowen 3084 with hit in 300ish hours of Yellowboze; which is good mind you, but I almost never use them.

And my favourite ID is Viridia if you need to know, that I rank clearly above Greennill or Yellowboze, but I'm far from considering the best ID in the game.
To me the top 2 are, in order, Whitill and Purplenum.

You stated why you would pick Greennill over Purplenum, but you never gave a single fact, just a misguided opinion.

Purplenum pwns Greennill and any other Ranger ID for that matter, Yas3k is not worth it, if you want a powerful rifle, go for Ano Rifle, at least it has an excellent special, but nothing will beat FS + mechs.
NUG is better hunt in Yellowboze, there aren't as many S-Reds in SB to make the Greennill drop easier, and besides that Greennill mines has nothing particular (compared to other IDs, I mean).

Give a closer look at drop charts next time, not just listing what you're interested in.

I do not like Purplenum better, I just know it is, because I've studied the drop charts for so long.

And aren't you the one spamming a pic of a RAcast with Yas9k ? that alone is a reason to take Purplenum for a ranger. FS + Yas9k, funny stuff.

On 2004-09-21 14:00, Link_Dead wrote:
Quit fighting in my thread...
This is no longer your thread http://www.consoles-games.com/forum/images/smiles/vader.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2004-09-22 02:45 ]</font>

Primrose
Sep 22, 2004, 05:22 AM
The never ending threads of which ID is the better one, having Pinkal in it, youre sure to have at least 4 pages... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

What shall i say? Most of you know my opinion.
I dont like people saying Purplenum is the best force ID, simply because it is not. What you posted Ricoroyal, the way through hard, very hard and to ultimate, with the exception of Psychowand, is something youll get easier on Pinkal, thanks to Hildebears Head, the nine star wands etc.
Purplenum lacks 9 items that boost techniques (and these are arguably the best items a technique casting force will need) and has no chance of getting fire based Merges.
Pinkal lacks only Prophets of Motav (which i do not consider any better than a 9 star wands), and has an impossible Psycho Wand, making it 2 missing technique boosting items, but has all Merges.
People can say Purplenum is better suited for general use, i dont mind, but its not better than Pinkal if youre a hardcore force player. Pinkal is even better than Purplenum for hunters. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif
I dont mind people recommending Yellowboze neither, on paper, its the second best force ID, but also has this impossible Psycho Wand.

Pinkal > Yellowboze > Oran > Purplenum > Bluefull.

Thats how i rate IDs based on force items. Thats the reason why i defend Pinkal, i never said its the best ID, its just my preferred ID, because it offers most of the items i want, in other words, most force items. There are lots of things to say about section IDs, but i guess i have said enough for the moment.

Garm
Sep 22, 2004, 09:16 AM
i like this thread http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif its an going-all-out-opinion-thread again http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif pinkal is one of the best force ids but if you want an id that supports other classes as well go for yellowboze or purplenum [/on topic part]

and when ppl say purp covers most of greennill and more they only look at the p-wand and yas 9k. but only a few ppl realise that greennill covers up purplenum >_< p-wand is still a frkin hard drop and pipin for it will take ages. 9k sure looks nice but in the hands of n00bs it can cost lifes in et/wt (n00b: OMG WTF DIZ GUUN HAZ NO AIM!!!) and mechs arent very usefull on ra's anyway (racast has the best boost online and makes them usefull but the hard part is getting a support force >_<) so i see no reason to pic purplenum over greennill if you want it for ra purposes (unless you really need the only realistic mechs and possible p-wand drop)

p.s. gjl youre the first one ive seen stating he'd rather have greennill over purplenum http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Mystil
Sep 22, 2004, 02:33 PM
On 2004-09-22 03:22, Primrose wrote:

Pinkal > Yellowboze > Oran > Purplenum > Bluefull.

Thats how i rate IDs based on force items. Thats the reason why i defend Pinkal, i never said its the best ID, its just my preferred ID, because it offers most of the items i want, in other words, most force items. There are lots of things to say about section IDs, but i guess i have said enough for the moment.

And this is exactly why I agree with your points as well. And also why I said threads ago why I'd rather be a Pinkal than Skyly. SWORD ID with a FO sucks.

As for "fighting" in this thread: Arguements are often confused with good debating. In this thread I don't see any fighting, just debating.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2004-09-22 12:37 ]</font>