PDA

View Full Version : Dirge of Cerberus...

Aredhel
Sep 18, 2004, 08:25 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I might just have to get a PS2...

http://the-magicbox.com/0409/game091504a.shtml

http://rpgamer.com/news/Q3-2004/091504a.html

http://www.dgs-online.nl/image.asp?id=17551

http://www.dgs-online.nl/image.asp?id=17552

Eanae
Sep 18, 2004, 08:30 PM
Man... Square Enix is quite creative aren't they? How many more FXVII are we going to see? What ever happened to every FF game not having sequels? And didn't they all die at the end of VII (I've never played it, but that's what I heard from a friend) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Aredhel
Sep 18, 2004, 10:25 PM
On 2004-09-18 18:30, Eanae wrote:
I've never played it

GOO!

WTF are you doing here?!?!?

GO PLAY FFVII! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Eihwaz
Sep 18, 2004, 10:31 PM
Holy crap. First Advent Children, which is awesome enough, and then THIS?! Jesus, I am probably going to have to buy a PS2 now. T_T

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-09-18 20:33 ]</font>

Squal
Sep 19, 2004, 05:21 PM
Nooooooo... they dont all die. Who told you that? If you may please slap that person for me. Besides I'd like to see you create something as cool as any final fantasy, stop whining about no new franchises. Who needs them when you have final fantasy!
Anyway, this looks awsom, first time I heard of it. I'm a wee bit of a vincent fan-boy, but oh well.

Blue-Hawk
Sep 19, 2004, 05:55 PM
Am I the only one here who knows that FF7 was a very poor excuse of an rpg? Along with 8, 10 and X2?

Madzozs
Sep 19, 2004, 06:06 PM
Yes you are hawk.

Bradicus
Sep 19, 2004, 06:08 PM
On 2004-09-19 15:55, Blue-Hawk wrote:
Am I the only one here who knows that FF7 was a very poor excuse of an rpg? Along with 8, 10 and X2?

Get down you fool!
The fanboys are circling, and they want blood!

Mattacon
Sep 19, 2004, 06:31 PM
On 2004-09-19 15:55, Blue-Hawk wrote:

Either you never played FF7, or you have the worst taste in video games. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Shadowpawn
Sep 19, 2004, 06:38 PM
The march of the fanboys...and here they come...never insult FFVII...it's the kiss of death.

Madzozs
Sep 19, 2004, 07:03 PM
Shadowpawn, that doesn't really bring much to the discussion now does it? Nope, same goes to Bradicus. I'm not a fanboy in the least, but I choose to disagree with Hawk's statement. I believe you guys are just adding to the spam found on the board by doing this. Might as well add something pertinent or not add at all.

Solstis
Sep 19, 2004, 07:06 PM
On 2004-09-19 17:03, Madzozs wrote:
Shadowpawn, that doesn't really bring much to the discussion now does it? Nope, same goes to Bradicus. I'm not a fanboy in the least, but I choose to disagree with Hawk's statement. I believe you guys are just adding to the spam found on the board by doing this. Might as well add something pertinent or not add at all.

Gee willickers, someone sure rubbed your hair the wrong way!

I for one, have not played really any of the FFs for any length, though I will admit that they have a... "aura" around them.

"Aura" is not the word I wanted to use....

Madzozs
Sep 19, 2004, 07:18 PM
Solstis, nobody really bothered me, its just that I read most of the topics here, and get kind of pissed when a good thread, which can easily bring about a humorous yet meaningful discussion, is overrun, and eventually killed by useless blabber such as the fanboy insult. Most of the time it is brought up by one person, then the minions come out the woodwork to repeat the meaningless post in different words.

I have only played 7 and 8, and I enjoyed them both. I will agree however, that 8 was not nearly as good in comparison.

Shadowpawn
Sep 19, 2004, 07:18 PM

Relax...it was just a joke. I played FVII I think it's great...I didn't mean to imply that you were a fanboy (hell, I might like FVII more than everyone on this board...) But I don't think this is the best way for Square to go. Milking a legendary rpg like this. When they made X-2, I guess they chose to run with the idea of making spin-offs. What happened to every Final Fantasy being it's own.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-19 17:26 ]</font>

Outrider
Sep 19, 2004, 09:04 PM
Well, after all these, I don't wanna hear one more kid whining for a Final Fantasy VII sequel.

But yeah, FFVII wasn't nearly as good as everyone has mentioned.

Fair enough game, but VI rocked its socks. I personally liked VIII over VII, even.

I mean, maybe some people are fans of storylines that've been played out hundreds of times.[/rant]

But yeah... I mean, as dumb as it is to saturate the market with sequels, I'm sure Dirge of Cerberus could be a good game. I mean, current speculation puts it as basically Devil May Cry, but with Vincent. Why shouldn't that work?

Think about it this way: What if there weren't any Final Fantasy games except Final Fantasy VII? So let's say this FF game was finally getting sequels to continue its storyline. That'd be awesome, right?

I dunno, I guess you just have to try and ignore the other dozen Final Fantasy games that are coming out.

Bradicus
Sep 19, 2004, 09:24 PM

Ironic that both this, and your comment towards Blue-Hawk really have nothing to do with the topic of this new FF creation. I found my post amusing (surprise surprise http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) but I am sorry for causing the clutter.

So as to avoid total hypocricy, I should most likely end this on-topic

I expect more of the same from Square, despite the badass finish they're coating this game with. If you like what they're doing now, this game will be right up your alley. If not, don't even bother.

edit- spelling http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bradicus on 2004-09-20 04:54 ]</font>

Shadowpawn
Sep 19, 2004, 10:08 PM
So this suppose to be a DMC with vincent in it? I wonder I if it will sell. It might do well just because of the fact that it is a FF game, I doubt it though...it's been seven years since FFVII, they would be hard pressed to place it on par with it at this point. Or maybe they aren't even doing that, like I said before, just another attempt to milk the cow. (However, I would love to see FF:ADVENT, the trailer was crazy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-19 20:09 ]</font>

Madzozs
Sep 19, 2004, 10:25 PM
It isn't necessarily going to be DMC with Vincent. That is current speculation. It may be similar to that, it may be nothing like that.

Shattered_weasel
Sep 20, 2004, 02:44 AM
Only good Final Fantasy was 9 and 6. All the rest were same ole same ole.

Outrider
Sep 20, 2004, 08:12 AM
On 2004-09-20 00:44, Shattered_weasel wrote:
Only good Final Fantasy was 9 and 6. All the rest were same ole same ole.

See, I enjoyed IX because it reminded me so much of VI, which I'm pretty sure was their goal with it. However, the game ended in such a bizarre way, that I really felt it lost a lot that it had. They had so many cool plotlines that built up throughout the game, but none of them led anywhere. It was a really disappointing ending. I still love the game, but I really wish it felt like they spent more than a couple months on it. And I also feel that since it was supposed to be a throwback game, they shouldn't have given us usual Playstation 3D graphics. Something like the hand-drawn backgrounds of Chrono Cross and either cel-shaded characters or details sprites is what I would've wanted for Final Fantasy IX.

Shattered_weasel
Sep 20, 2004, 10:56 AM
I figured out many of the plot holes in the game. It just takes a lot of picking through the dialogue. At the end of 9 though I don't like how Necron (if that even is his name) just pops outta no where.

KaFKa
Sep 20, 2004, 11:12 AM
people dont like 7 beacuse of the fanboys (thats a good enough reason to begin with) and the fact that after 7 the basic plotline had been overused in other things.

myself, i like it, but its not like im a hardcore fanboy.

now then, this dirge of cerberus seems to have something good going for it, since they did leave the vincent plotline open to speculation. (well, as open as it could anyways)

ill let it come out, then see what people think of it before i get myself a copy. (that is, if it even goes past this stage)

Squal
Sep 20, 2004, 05:46 PM
(sorry I dont know how to use the quote option, yes I know, I shouldn't be alowed to post on a thread.) Hmm I think if it is dmc with vincent, and people have similar game tastes than me, Than it should sell.
I like vincent, I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE devil may cry, so why can't I like dirdge of ceberus? (btw Bradicus's post was absolutly briliant, good job Brady, You are an inspiring figure to us all.*salutes bradicus*)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Squal on 2004-09-20 15:47 ]</font>

Genoa
Sep 20, 2004, 05:53 PM
On 2004-09-20 15:46, Squal wrote:
(sorry I dont know how to use the quote option, yes I know, I shouldn't be alowed to post on a thread.) Hmm I think if it is dmc with vincent, and people have similar game tastes than me, Than it should sell.
I like vincent, I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE devil may cry, so why can't I like dirdge of ceberus? (btw Bradicus's post was absolutly briliant, good job Brady, You are an inspiring figure to us all.*salutes bradicus*)

I like how your name is Squal yet you don't mention Squall at all... unless you got your name from something else.
I really liked FFVIII *points to sig*
And back on topic... man, i'm glad I have a ps2... now I just need $$$ to buy game... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Shadowpawn
Sep 20, 2004, 07:38 PM
On 2004-09-20 15:46, Squal wrote:

Not anyone can just come out with a DMC clone and make a great game ( even Capcom messed up DMC2.) If is like it, Square had better do a good job.

Squal
Sep 21, 2004, 01:03 AM
I liked Devil may cry two.. but I gues thats just me. But yeah FF8 was my first, and the story behind miss speled squall is I named my pso character after him but spelled his name wrong, I still use that name for many things(E-mail ect.) I didn't realy like the battle system in eight, but the characters are way cooler than 7's (Squall and quistis all the way) sadly because of draws, and constant sumoning battle system, I quit at lunatic pandora. Just recently though I just began replaying it, I got diablo as soon as you possibly could and I'm in the prison and have 100 Cures, 100 Thunders, 100 fires, 100 curas, 100 thundaras, and 100 Firas. I think things may be a bit more interesting when I actualy have magic to use, Oh and this is just whats equiped to squall.

Squall179
Sep 22, 2004, 08:21 PM
Just out of curiousity, what Section ID did you get from Squal.

Cause Squall gives REDRIA.....just wondering.

FOmasta89
Sep 22, 2004, 09:27 PM
lol you guys crack me up

Squal
Sep 23, 2004, 05:13 PM
Yellowboze. oh uhh to be on topic... um... Vincet is cool!

digigram
Sep 26, 2004, 08:17 PM
FF1 was my first.. then 2 and so on. I didn't have a chance to get 7 for a long time, i was one of those people that was trying to work and make money to live on as opposed to have everything paid for and buy video game systems..

so.. Playstation came 3-4 years late for me.. I actually had got one maybe a year before dreamcast came out. played 7, beat it, 8, beat it, 9, beat it..

was also a late bloomer with the PS2/xbox/GC ..

Got Ps2 first, played 10, beat it, and believe me, i didn't like it. I mean, no fucking world map?

I still haven't played it's charlie's angels sequel, mainly because i don't care. I'll get it when it's 19.99 like the others, and I'll beat it just to know it's out of the way.

NOW. .. as for FFVII:DoC..... I'll be getting this. Mainly, vincent had a lot of potential for a main character and I saw this while playing 7. He is extremely mysterious, even more so than cloud and seph (I'm not too interested in the genetic soldier plot).....

Not too sure if many of you know about this one.. and I have NO idea what it is about..

you know of Dirge of cerberus
but....

do you know about
Dawn of Souls
this is a mystery to me.

They are also supposedly releasing a NEW?/OLD? final Fantasy on the DS.

Lot of fun to be had.

I'll be getting both DS and PSP.. so when that happens and I grab the titles, i'll let you guys know the details on both.

Evil_Althena8
Sep 26, 2004, 09:08 PM
People have such a fascination with FF7. They just desire to have some more added on to it. I'm personally not too hot on FF sequels after FFX-2(yuk). But we have yet to see it, therefore we cannot judge it...only speculate

digigram
Sep 26, 2004, 10:14 PM
i don't have a hard-on for FF7 ...I actually didn't think it was that hot... it was pretty good and I enjoyed it..

Squal
Sep 28, 2004, 10:57 PM
I'd have to agree with digigram on the part about no world map on ff10. (That pisses me off so much) I mean seriosly, What in the hell is the point of having an airship if you cant even pilot it? I loved the exploring aspect of rpgs but... no more...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Squal on 2004-09-28 20:57 ]</font>

saint_beast
Sep 30, 2004, 10:54 AM
On 2004-09-18 20:31, Eihwaz wrote:
Holy crap. First Advent Children, which is awesome enough, and then THIS?! Jesus, I am probably going to have to buy a PS2 now. T_T

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-09-18 20:33 ]</font>

FF7: Advent Children is out already?!? When did that come out?