PDA

View Full Version : Real Life Quest

OmegaofTime
Sep 18, 2004, 11:42 PM
Hey guys,

I haven't been playing Phantasy Star Online too much since the Dreamcast days, but I have to be on for personal reasons now. I've been trying to track a close friend offline and online over the past few years now and it has become very exhausting. Anyways, this involves family and such, so I cannot disclose too much information (due to legal issues as well).

Let me get to the point. I know this person plays PSO quite a bit, so I'm looking for a Korean female HUnewearl by the name of Cecilia, who lives in Rowland Heights, CA 91748. She used to work as a Manager in a small gaming shop somewhere in Los Angeles. She has a brother who plays as HUmar by the name of Blade.

To show that this is not a joke or anything, there is a reward for her being found and a family has given me an incentive to find her. So I'm offering a share of it as a reward if anyone comes across her. My only objective is to find out what happened and make sure she is okay. If anyone wondering why I can't just make a phone call or something, it gets a bit complicated as mental conditions, family issues, and paranoia is involved.

Anyways, I'm willing to reward $5,000 (a rather small share of what I was given as resource to track her) to anyone comes across her. So if you see this person online, let her know there's a bounty being placed on her. Mention "Joey" or "Omega of Time," she'll know what it means. If anyone needs me, I'll always be in room, "RowlandHeights" on Vega 01-01. Anyways, I'm tired and I feel weird asking the pso-word community for help, but I don't know any other community/person/people who plays this thing 24/7. =) If you have any questions, feel free to pm me.

Thanks for reading all of this.
-omegaoftime

Also, I know this post will attract a few sick minded people who just want money. How would anyone like it if their family member had gone missing for a few years and some idiot went to impersonate her online saying she was okay? Think about that.

Miroku77
Sep 19, 2004, 01:01 AM
sry about your loss, if i see anyone who u mentioned ill be sure to tell them.

Tycho
Sep 19, 2004, 04:57 AM
I've never seen characters by those names online. They're not in the character database either. I did find something about a HUmar called Blade with google; but it probably won't help you much.
(http://www.dreamstation.cc/pso/phantasy_star_online_members_a_h.shtml)

But you're confusing me a bit. Are you certain they still play PSO by those names? If so, people should have seen them by now.
Also, would this really be the easiest way to contact her? I'm not sure why you would not be able to call her by phone, I'm guessing they don't want you to talk to her?
I'm not really sure if it would work in this situation, but could you try to have a friend or something call and ask for her, then either have him pass you the phone, or explain the situation and ask her to meet you in pso at a certain time and place?

Or maybe some people would really have seen her, and I for some reason never did. Another option would be using choicesearch on all ships at the time she would be most likely to play, or something like that. Maybe even try to ask some people in a lobby/block you're suspecting her to frequent.

I'm not sure if that would help, but good luck anyway.

RappyBreeder
Sep 19, 2004, 07:14 AM
man i wouldnt like to be in ur place but and i just started playing online and im only lv 8 but if i see them i will tell them ................... by the way i feel really sorry for u that if i find her or him ill tell them and u wont have to give me the money ok

OmegaofTime
Sep 19, 2004, 01:12 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. It's a sad state of affairs when these kinds of things happen. I really don't expect to find her on PSO, but I can't rule out anything without trying first. Again, thanks for the help.

-OmegaofTime

On 2004-09-19 05:14, RappyBreeder wrote:
man i wouldnt like to be in ur place but and i just started playing online and im only lv 8 but if i see them i will tell them ................... by the way i feel really sorry for u that if i find her or him ill tell them and u wont have to give me the money ok

Jason
Sep 19, 2004, 02:25 PM
Did you pay any attention to Tycho? From the link provided, here's the description of Blade from there if you skipped that link:

Player Name: Blade
Character Type: HUmar
Section ID: BLUEFULL
Appearance: White hair, black costume

This would help a bit if you know Blade's appearance and if that's Blade's appearance unless he changed it in the Dressing Room.

Yeah, if I am the one solved this, I don't want the money.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-09-19 12:26 ]</font>

Gjl
Sep 19, 2004, 02:44 PM
On 2004-09-19 12:25, Jason wrote:
Did you pay any attention to Tycho? From the link provided, here's the description of Blade from there if you skipped that link:

This would help a bit if you know Blade's appearance and if that's Blade's appearance unless he changed it in the Dressing Room.

Umm that's not really helpful at all. I mean how many 'Blades' do you think there are on PSO? :lol.

OmegaofTime
Sep 19, 2004, 02:50 PM
Actually, this particular Blade is very wierd and into D&D stuff...and errm, acts his (long story) character. Yeah, I know, nutty and all. Both of them type like this online.

blade: would you
blade: like to
blade: trade
blade: with me

They're very..different.

-OmegaofTime

On 2004-09-19 12:25, Jason wrote:

Jason
Sep 19, 2004, 03:30 PM
Umm that's not really helpful at all. I mean how many 'Blades' do you think there are on PSO? :lol.

I knew it is not very helpful at all. That's why I said a bit helpful (practically not helpful). But surely there can't be thousands and thousands of 'Blades' out there. If you meet a Blade, chances are (and not by very little), that Blade can be the one.

Tycho
Sep 19, 2004, 03:46 PM
Ofcourse I realized Blaed is not that original a name, I think I said in the orginal post it would probably not help; although, I don't recall ever personally having met a HUmar by the name of Blade in PSO.

Akemi
Sep 19, 2004, 09:32 PM
If I ever see such ppl on Live Servs, I'll let you know. I can relate to your situation, since a friend of mine just dropped out of existance a while back.

I have to admit, I've seen couple of players with Blade and/or Cecilia a while back, but I'm fairly certain that person wasn't the one you were looking for. At anyrate, I'll keep my peepers open for you.

shinobu_seta
Sep 19, 2004, 10:08 PM
Can you disclose why she left/has gone missing? I mean, it wasn't a kidnapping or anything like that was it?

This is going to be tough, but I'm sure all of us will keep an eye out for you. I've seen several "Blades" and "Cecilia"'s in the lobby's but I've never played with them. We'll just have to ask around.

And I'm sure the 5000 won't be a concern to a lot of us, I know it wont for me. You know how we Hunters love our quests. (Okay, I know joking really isn't appropriate in this thread, but hey)

~Shinobu.

EJ
Sep 20, 2004, 12:04 AM
It would also help what system they play pso on because I saw a Blade on BB and know a Cecilia on cube. They may not be related but just providing information.

OmegaofTime
Sep 20, 2004, 04:37 AM
Let's just say relationships bring the worst out of people, especially when people don't get what they want. She used to be a manager of some Funcoland in Los Angeles with many problems...she has a history of running away from them. As for platform, she's an old Dreamcast fan and Gamecube person.

Jokes are always appreciated as it heightens morale. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

On 2004-09-19 20:08, shinobu_seta wrote:
Can you disclose why she left/has gone missing? I mean, it wasn't a kidnapping or anything like that was it?

This is going to be tough, but I'm sure all of us will keep an eye out for you. I've seen several "Blades" and "Cecilia"'s in the lobby's but I've never played with them. We'll just have to ask around.

And I'm sure the 5000 won't be a concern to a lot of us, I know it wont for me. You know how we Hunters love our quests. (Okay, I know joking really isn't appropriate in this thread, but hey)

~Shinobu.

OmegaofTime
Sep 20, 2004, 04:43 AM
It's a strange feeling when a friend disappears out of nowhere. Then you realize how quiet the atmosphere around you gets. Anyways, there's a lesson from my situation to be learned. Don't assume friends with problems will take care of themselves.

On 2004-09-19 19:32, Akemi wrote:
If I ever see such ppl on Live Servs, I'll let you know. I can relate to your situation, since a friend of mine just dropped out of existance a while back.

I have to admit, I've seen couple of players with Blade and/or Cecilia a while back, but I'm fairly certain that person wasn't the one you were looking for. At anyrate, I'll keep my peepers open for you.

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 20, 2004, 07:58 AM
Have you considered contanting Sega directly so they can check the database of characters that have logged on? An IP address could be given to you and that would point at least in the general direction of where your lost one is.

Capricornus
Sep 20, 2004, 09:34 AM
On 2004-09-20 05:58, Jonathan_F wrote:
Have you considered contanting Sega directly so they can check the database of characters that have logged on? An IP address could be given to you and that would point at least in the general direction of where your lost one is.

I really doubt ST will give away that information.
They are bound to the privacy policy.

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 20, 2004, 11:56 AM
Is this person actually missing? If so, Sega would have to release the information to the police...Or are you just trying to get in contact with this person? If that's the case why not just take a nice drive or something there?

Akemi
Sep 20, 2004, 04:15 PM
I know what you mean. Again, no worries. My friend, turns out, is off and well on their own, so c'est la vie.

BTB, I do live nearby Rowland Heights, if you need someone to scout around, PM me and we'll set something up.

On 2004-09-20 02:43, OmegaofTime wrote:
It's a strange feeling when a friend disappears out of nowhere. Then you realize how quiet the atmosphere around you gets. Anyways, there's a lesson from my situation to be learned. Don't assume friends with problems will take care of themselves.

OmegaofTime
Sep 20, 2004, 10:54 PM
Not actually missing, more like ran off and doesn't want to be found. Anyways, I've learned that the best way to find people is through the church. Just have to make sure the church is lawful and not corrupt. Churches have helped me (an agnostic/atheist) in the past, but I don't like dealing with them because I'm not into the Barney loves you type thing. The only problem is that it's actually the best way depending on which church it is. This is why you'll always find a church in a RPG, they are pretty helpful in real life.

-OmegaofTime

On 2004-09-20 09:56, Jonathan_F wrote:
Is this person actually missing? If so, Sega would have to release the information to the police...Or are you just trying to get in contact with this person? If that's the case why not just take a nice drive or something there?

soulja2244
Sep 22, 2004, 01:20 AM
you sound like a stalker. maybe she has a good reason to stay away from you.

OmegaofTime
Sep 22, 2004, 02:51 AM
You don't read well do you? Please refrain from attempting to start a flaming thread. I'm going to be polite and assume you're mature enough to realize your mistake you just made just now.

Thank you,
Omega

On 2004-09-21 23:20, soulja2244 wrote:

Shadowpawn
Sep 22, 2004, 02:24 PM
Do know why she wants to avoid you at all? Do you know the reason?

Fireal
Sep 22, 2004, 05:29 PM
To be honest, I don't even understand how you plan on finding this person via. PSO.
If the families wanted to find her that bad, they would have hired a private detective.

And you certainly don't seem like a private detective.
You have an immensely impossibly tiny chance of finding the person.

You have a better chance of finding via. Google search...

OmegaofTime
Sep 22, 2004, 08:22 PM
Anyways, either you see this person online and let me know or you don't, I didn't say anyone was obligated to help me. If you need anything, PM me as I didn't expect this thread to get too much attention (and attract negative people).

Based on Akemi's information, I think I can handle it from here.

Can someone lock this thread for me, please? ^_^
-Omega

FOmasta89
Sep 22, 2004, 09:25 PM
On 2004-09-22 15:29, Fireal wrote:
To be honest, I don't even understand how you plan on finding this person via. PSO.
If the families wanted to find her that bad, they would have hired a private detective.

And you certainly don't seem like a private detective.
You have an immensely impossibly tiny chance of finding the person.

You have a better chance of finding via. Google search...

what???

soulja2244
Sep 23, 2004, 05:40 AM
On 2004-09-22 00:51, OmegaofTime wrote:
You don't read well do you? Please refrain from attempting to start a flaming thread. I'm going to be polite and assume you're mature enough to realize your mistake you just made just now.

Thank you,
Omega

On 2004-09-21 23:20, soulja2244 wrote:

I'm not the one who made a mistake. I meant what I said.

Cyger
Sep 27, 2004, 01:30 PM
Uhm..when I started PSO online for once about 2 months ago, along the way I recall seeing a Cecilia but....wasn't looking to see if it was a HUnewearl. I see a lot of people online multiple times even if I don't know them..I..get around a lot...I'll keep a look-out and get a hold of the peoplez if I see them...(I also recall a Blade but I see a ton of those >_>''')