PDA

View Full Version : frozen shooter or snow queen?

Popuri
Sep 19, 2004, 12:56 PM
so which of the two do u guys like (provided that u have both) i have had a snow queen since the last time i was able to go online when some nice person decided that i needed one. I used it a lot on my racaseal as it is a very usefull weapon, but one thing bugged me about it and thats the fact that it only shoots one shot at a time (very annoying) but i like the way it has that railgun efect where it shoots through enemies. Well anyway i found a drop ratio chart on the internet and it showed that a frozen shooter has a 1/2 drop chanse of a hilertorr when playing as a whitill character, so i went hilde hunting, found one and i now have a frozen shooter. I must say it is a great weapon its basicly as powerfull as the snow queen and it shoots 3 shots just like a normal rifel, as well as freezing enemies as easyly as a snow queen. The only doun side to it is it doesnt have that railgun effect which was extremely useful when facing a big group of enemyes. I guess i just want other peoples opinions....

Hrith
Sep 19, 2004, 01:33 PM
I'd say FS.

SQ with hit might be good, but I had one with 60% hit lent to me, and used it for some time on Terra and found it meh. Even if it could be more useful on certain situations (never happened to me), the upgrade is not worth 46 PDs, not at all.

Without hit, forget it, it cannot combo >_>

Miroku77
Sep 19, 2004, 01:37 PM
I go with kef, FS is better because without hit, its like trying to hit people with a strong attack right off. With FS, you could do a w-h-h attack and actually get a hit on. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Tycho
Sep 19, 2004, 02:55 PM
At the start or to just use as your main weapon: Frozen Shooter.
Later on when you have better guns to use, when you need a Freezing weapon: Snow Queen. In the latter case you're supposed to be able to freeze stuff on your first hit anyway; making combo'ing useless.

Genoa
Sep 19, 2004, 03:41 PM
Depends on the situation... (as usual)
If you don't know the abilities of the weapons then here goes.

FROZEN SHOOTER
ATP: + 240-250
ATA: + 60
Max Grinder: 9
Special: Randomly Freezes you and Has a high chance of freezing enemies.
Class: Rifle
Required ATA: 162
Stars: 10 []

Frozen Shooter has a 3 hit combo, it can freeze an enemy without fail (unless the shot didn't come near your enemy) But I guarentee you won't see a MISS using the Extra attack command on Frozen Shooter. It's does have less damage compared to the Snow Queen.

SNOW QUEEN
ATP: + 330-350
ATA: + 60
Max Grinder: 9
Special: Randomly Freezes you and Has a high chance of freezing enemies.
Class: Rifle
Required ATA: 162
Stars: 11 []

Snow Queen has only 1 shot, it can freeze enemies without fail. It's extra attack (the attack that freezes) has a launcher effect. The shot continues to fly until it reaches an obstacle or dies out in range. Therefore, you can freeze a row of enemies in one shot. But... it's only one shot. And if your using standard/heavy attack, you might miss seeing you only have one shot. And if your in an up-close combat situation, you might be in trouble with only one shot (which is like... all of ultimate).

Depends what you want. Go by your own experiance. In this situation, it depends on the kind of player YOU are. If your better with Frozen Shooter, use that. If not, use Snow Queen.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2004-09-19 13:48 ]</font>

Zinger314
Sep 19, 2004, 04:47 PM
Snow Queen, to my testing, doesn't ALWAYS freeze. Frozen SHooter does.

doubletake123
Sep 19, 2004, 08:59 PM
Hmmm personaly i like the frozen shooter better cuz when you feeze everything in the room from a mile away then pull out some mechs and pwn it makes things a whole lot easier.

TheDing
Sep 19, 2004, 09:16 PM
u guys forgot one important fact, if youre offline only, u can only get the FS so it kinda limits your choices (damn u ST)... anyways from my personal experience i can only get a FS (i got one). I personally bestow this weapon a Ranger must-haveif u dont have one, GET ONE... God knows how many times my FS saved me...

Fossil
Sep 20, 2004, 01:48 AM
Snow Queen honestly sucks. Guilty Light with mad hit makes it look like crap. Snow queen sometimes doesn't even go through enemies even with it's crappy one hit combo. Frozen Shooter over it anyday.

Hrith
Sep 20, 2004, 03:51 AM
On 2004-09-19 14:47, Zinger314 wrote:
Nope, they have the same special like MegamanX said.

Snow Queen does penetrate, but it will only hit a maximum of 4 monsters, like launchers (Guilty Light, Red Scorpio, etc.), but unlike launchers its damage will not decrease with enemies hit.

i.e.
Red Scorpio deals 300 damage on the first monster it hits, it will deal 270 on the second, 240 on the third, and 210 on the fourth and final monster it'll hit (figures non accurate).

Snow Queen will deal 300 to the 4 monsters, but it cannot combo.

Razorwood
Sep 20, 2004, 04:10 AM
Personally I prefer the Snow Queen it's a great support weapon online. I've never had any problems with it missing.

Zinger314
Sep 20, 2004, 06:15 AM
On 2004-09-20 01:51, Kef wrote:

On 2004-09-19 14:47, Zinger314 wrote:
Nope, they have the same special like MegamanX said.

Hmm, I swore when I used a Snow Queen, the special wouldn't always hit...hmm.

Razorwood
Sep 20, 2004, 06:28 AM
It can miss like anyother weapon if that's what you mean. But if it hits it will freeze.

Dana
Sep 20, 2004, 06:43 AM
i'm FS all the way, from what i hear about thr SQ, it seem a little MEH and not that Uberly goodsome, i go with my combo of, FS and a charge vulcan with 50HIT%

Garm
Sep 20, 2004, 09:03 AM
i like my FS but when i get online again (helpdesk: sorry we dont support gamecube) ill get another FS and make it a SQ. and their specials can both miss but i have had it only once on my FS (thats 1 out of 1500+) ans have seen it twice on a SQ (bad day i guess)

Genoa
Sep 20, 2004, 06:29 PM
Just to add some more info... if your playing enemies in ultimate, (which they run up to you at ubber-fast speeds), FS would probably suit you better. Why? Well, while they're running at you, you can freeze one, then when another comes at you, it usually merges infront of the frozen one (or gets really close to its path), and you can freeze another enemy in the same combo. Unlike snow queen, which would only hit 1 time in a linear attack formation... if the enemies weren't already lined up... you have to wait for your one-hit combo to end, then run. Usually the enemy will reach you in your cool-down period and hit you. If you have FS, you can most likely avoid being wacked by upcoming enemies that werent in a linear direction (that a snow queen would be good at) and they'll try to hit you... Just continue the extra attack combo, and you'll be able to freeze atleast 3 upcoming enemies in one combo, instead of trying to line the targets in a linear formation and having one chance to freeze them all.

But as I said earlier, it depends on the situation. But in my own opinion... seeing Ultimate is the place to be, i'd use Frozen Shooter more often than I would Snow Queen. And please, a word of advice to anyone and everyone... don't use FS or SQ on a boss... you better have brought another weapon to fight with other than those... My friend forgot to do that on Vol Opt ver.2 and he got frozen on Vol Opt's second form.. and what did Vol Opt do? He put him in that crazy trap and blew his brains out... *I couldn't reach him in time http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif*

kazuma56
Sep 20, 2004, 07:46 PM
I wish I could try out the SQ but i'm currently offline only http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. I say it depends on situation like X said, if you are in a group, than SQ might be better, but for soloing, FS runs it into the ground easily, seeing as you can combo with it.