PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: How to save level progress.

ImSoDan
Sep 19, 2004, 03:59 PM
I'm on my 15 day free trial right now and I'm not sure how to beat a level and open up the next. I know that in the GC version, you had to beat that level offline, thus opening the next level for you ONLINE. But with BB, there ins't an "offline" mode that I'm aware of. Does anyone know how I can do this. I'm sick of going to forest over and over again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ImSoDan on 2004-09-19 14:00 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ImSoDan on 2004-09-19 14:00 ]</font>

Eanae
Sep 19, 2004, 04:02 PM
On 2004-09-19 13:59, ImSoDan wrote:
I'm on my 15 day free trial right now and I'm not sure how to beat a level and open up the next. I know that in the GC version, you had to beat that level offline, thus opening the next level for you ONLINE. But with BB, there ins't an "offline" mode that I'm aware of. Does anyone know how I can do this. I'm sick of going to forest over and over again.

1) you have to do goverment quests, which you get in the principals office

2) There actually is an offline mode, but you have to be online before you can activate this mode which is actually played online. (confusing, but it's how it works)

ImSoDan
Sep 19, 2004, 04:10 PM
Thanks for your quick response.

Just to make sure I've got it straight. I've done one mission in the principals office. Something where I got to the crashed ship in forest 2 and that was the end of the mission. If I continue to take those missions, will new areas be unlocked? Thanks again.

Midnight
Sep 19, 2004, 04:15 PM
On 2004-09-19 14:10, ImSoDan wrote:
Thanks for your quick response.

Just to make sure I've got it straight. I've done one mission in the principals office. Something where I got to the crashed ship in forest 2 and that was the end of the mission. If I continue to take those missions, will new areas be unlocked? Thanks again.

yeah. quests starting with 1 are forest missions, the last one is 1-3. when you beat 1-3, caves will be unlocked. then keep doin the quests. the last quest is 4-5, where you fight falz. thats how you unlock hard mode

K-ne
Sep 19, 2004, 06:38 PM
And thereafter, you no longer have to do the government quests to unlock areas in higher difficulties - all areas will be unlocked in every difficulty. So once you do the quests on Normal, you never have to play 'em again if you don't want to. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: K-ne on 2004-09-19 16:39 ]</font>

Saffran
Sep 19, 2004, 08:38 PM
K-ne, you MUST do the government quests in every difficulty - if only for the fact that you won't get to the higher difficulty otherwise...

Midnight
Sep 19, 2004, 09:43 PM
On 2004-09-19 18:38, Saffran wrote:
K-ne, you MUST do the government quests in every difficulty - if only for the fact that you won't get to the higher difficulty otherwise...

not in BB. i can enter ult, and join ult games, despite not having done a gov quest since i entered hard.

Saffran
Sep 20, 2004, 12:36 PM
Midnight, something is VERY wrong here, because the new people I meet sometimes can't join my games, for they haven't finished their difficulty settings...
Once you've cleared VH 4-5, I agree, gov quests don't matter, but until then??

Midnight
Sep 20, 2004, 12:38 PM
On 2004-09-20 10:36, Saffran wrote:
Midnight, something is VERY wrong here, because the new people I meet sometimes can't join my games, for they haven't finished their difficulty settings...
Once you've cleared VH 4-5, I agree, gov quests don't matter, but until then??

hmm. the only things i can think of are that either you are doing a gov quest on a diff difficulty that they havent reached (you can still do the gov quests but its optional), or you made a game in a different episode...

Butoden
Sep 20, 2004, 01:05 PM
They prolly just haven't completed all the Gov. Quests on normal mode yet. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Eanae
Sep 20, 2004, 02:20 PM
You only have to do Gov quests in normal to unlock all the difficulties with the required levels. However, this does not unlock the government quests in those difficulties. If you want to do, say 3-1 in hard mode, you need to do 1-1 through 2-5 all over again in hard mode. But if you don't wish to do govermnent quests anymore, you don't need to. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif