PDA

View Full Version : Memorization Tips

Eihwaz
Sep 19, 2004, 04:36 PM
Okay, I have to memorize one of Stalin's speeches for a speech/debate event that's coming up this Saturday. I've read over the whole thing many times, but that didn't really get it into my head. Now, I'm taking it a couple lines at a time...but it's still not working too well. >_>

Any tips to help cram this into my brain?

Sef
Sep 19, 2004, 04:44 PM
Say it out loud.

trypticon
Sep 19, 2004, 04:51 PM
Try typing it out, or even better yet, writing it out in pencil or pen, since it would make you dwell on each of the words a little bit longer. Do this a few times, and you should have the gist of it with ease. Then try recording yourself reading it out loud, and listen to that for a few hours.

You'll get sick of it real fast, but you can be sure that the reason you will be is because you've memorized it already.

RicoRoyal
Sep 19, 2004, 04:56 PM
On 2004-09-19 14:51, trypticon wrote:
Try typing it out, or even better yet, writing it out in pencil or pen, since it would make you dwell on each of the words a little bit longer. Do this a few times, and you should have the gist of it with ease. Then try recording yourself reading it out loud, and listen to that for a few hours.

You'll get sick of it real fast, but you can be sure that the reason you will be is because you've memorized it already.

This is absolutely the bestest't't advice ever. The same guidelines helped me tons on my communications 204 class. Listen to Adam - he knows what he is talking about.

Guile
Sep 21, 2004, 06:46 AM
Write it on a piece of paper than look at it during the debate.

KaFKa
Sep 21, 2004, 06:51 AM
recite it a few times a day, trying to take notice of what you're saying.

Sharkyland
Sep 21, 2004, 12:59 PM
A speech huh, then putting it into a song wouldn't help too much http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif