PDA

View Full Version : Just die you emo kids

Balthor
Sep 20, 2004, 07:52 PM
You know what this latest plague is? Stupid whiny pimply faced angsty teens, who do nothing more then get their lip pierced, wear clothes from hot topic, listen to horrid music from some oily faced jerk with a cheap guitar, and write in their Xangas or Livejournals about how much their parents hate them.

I'm tired of you stupid motherfuckers sitting on the corner of hot topic, bitching and moaning about how the teacher hates you at school, and how you wish you never broke up with that pale stringy girl with the thick black rimmed glasses in 7th grade. Go buy some decent clothes you dirty assholes, you might as well stick out a cup, and maybe someone will throw you a quarter.

I wish you were all one giant neck, so I could strangle you till your eyes flew out far enough to see your ass getting kicked.

Fuck you and your bitchy garage music. Fuck you and your hot topic shirt that has some 8 word poem about how life sucks. Fuck you and your piercing you got when your parents were out of town. Fuck you and your hair over one side of your face. Fuck you and your black coke bottle glasses you got at some bookstore/starbucks combo store. Fuck you and your whiny screechy voices. Fuck you and your online web journal where you write all day about how your teacher and parents suck. Fuck you and your worn out skater clothes someones older brother gave you.

Hopefully one day, you'll cut your self deep enough, and just end your misery, then I'll be able to spit on your open casket.

Daikarin
Sep 20, 2004, 08:03 PM
Frustrated people like those received little amounts of love as kids, and grew up that way develloping a subcounscious syndrom of envy, frustrarion, rebellion and denial against it.

That's why most consider gifts like true friendship, family love, social ethics to be nothing as lies, that's why some find them disgusting or at least hilarious in the sense of lame.

It has to do with the environment they lived, and such, so it's not their faults directly.

It is their fault for choosing to see life in such a negative way, for choosing to give in to "Darkness" acting like victims, blaming their experiences, traumas and what they went through always forgetting that they have the power of the free will to put it all back and see life in a total different perspective.

But they choose not to.

RicoRoyal
Sep 20, 2004, 08:04 PM
See, now that there *points to top-most post* is the correct way to rant.

Thank you, Balthor_The_Defiled.

(I approve 100% of this thread and its message)

Bradicus
Sep 20, 2004, 08:36 PM
On 2004-09-20 17:52, Balthor_The_Defiled wrote:
Fuck you and your hair over one side of your face.
Thank god I'm not the only one who thinks that looks fucking retarded.

SkyHawkX
Sep 20, 2004, 09:25 PM
Someone watches South Park.

Balthor
Sep 20, 2004, 09:38 PM
Apparently you, because I don't get it.

Shoo.

Solstis
Sep 20, 2004, 10:18 PM
It's all about people bitching about people who bitch about... bah.

I don't give enough of a shit.

Aredhel
Sep 20, 2004, 10:27 PM
On 2004-09-20 18:03, Even_Jin wrote:
Frustrated people like those received little amounts of love as kids, and grew up that way develloping a subcounscious syndrom of envy, frustrarion, rebellion and denial against it.

That's why most consider gifts like true friendship, family love, social ethics to be nothing as lies, that's why some find them disgusting or at least hilarious in the sense of lame.

It has to do with the environment they lived, and such, so it's not their faults directly.

It is their fault for choosing to see life in such a negative way, for choosing to give in to "Darkness" acting like victims, blaming their experiences, traumas and what they went through always forgetting that they have the power of the free will to put it all back and see life in a total different perspective.

But they choose not to.

Though your post is very well thought-out and logical, it's simply not the target here. I believe the target here is kids who wish they were that way. For some reason, it's become very cool to be exactly the way you just described merely because your favorite musician appears that way. Not because you really had a fucked-up childhood or were raised in a violent environment, but because it's just the in-thing to be moody and dark and poetic. It's outward dishonesty in its purest form and people just look like retards when they try to express themselves as soemthing they're truly not.

Guile
Sep 21, 2004, 06:33 AM
It's just a bunch of kids that listen to music and think "Ahh this band like..knows my whole life story!!" Just because the lead singer sung about some bitch that cheated on him. Than they try to express themselves through fucked up clothing and a fucked up style. Its for fucking attention and they know it.
And don't get me started on the straight edge triple X hardcore fucks.

KaFKa
Sep 21, 2004, 06:49 AM
welcome to the wonderful world of posers. -_-

Scejntjynahl
Sep 21, 2004, 09:41 AM
Sounds like someone got dumped by an Emo person. Admit it you miss the thick black glasses.

On topic:

Hate emo so much, stop going to Hot Topic then... you people haters are so funny. Hate things so much that you rant (borderline emo in itself) about it with such passion. Yet somehow wind up been near that which is hated.

Its like watching a bad program on tv, I dont like it, change the channel... there problem solved.

I would continue but Ive been warned about you, so Ill just stop here. And make one suggestion, hate the world so much... stay home and live off Ebay.

KaFKa
Sep 21, 2004, 09:55 AM
On 2004-09-21 07:41, Scejntjynahl wrote:
you people haters are so funny. Hate things so much that you rant (borderline emo in itself) about it with such passion. Yet somehow wind up been near that which is hated.

its too bad most of the time when people get like this, its because they have no choice but to be near it. its not like im going to quit my job because i hate the stupid fucks that populate the workplace.

not saying balthor works at a hot topic, but that ge general gist of why most people rant about other people.

Daikarin
Sep 21, 2004, 10:19 AM
On 2004-09-20 20:27, Aredhel wrote:

On 2004-09-20 18:03, Even_Jin wrote:

But they choose not to.

Though your post is very well thought-out and logical, it's simply not the target here. I believe the target here is kids who wish they were that way. For some reason, it's become very cool to be exactly the way you just described merely because your favorite musician appears that way. Not because you really had a fucked-up childhood or were raised in a violent environment, but because it's just the in-thing to be moody and dark and poetic. It's outward dishonesty in its purest form and people just look like retards when they try to express themselves as soemthing they're truly not.

I spoke for myself, indirectly referring to an ex-friend of mine who followed the wrong path.

And another girl who suffered some serious problems.

And if it's in the trend to be dark and poetic, don't worry since it will pass. I mean, the "Hippie" generation died, right? Thank God for that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Seriously, it's all about people not truly being themselves.

"Flatulence could be on the trend, but it would still be gross." - Calvin's Mom.

Sagasu
Sep 21, 2004, 10:33 AM
But I like my hot topic pants http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Haha, very nice balthor. But I hate you now.

Life throws shit at you and you've got to find ways to cope with it. Escapism plays a huge role in this emo stuff you talk about. So there are the people who have decent cuase to need to be able to let loose and find some help, and not be attacked by bastards who say that they don't have the right to be upset.

A fool is a fool, no matter how you dress him up. Dress him emo, and the fool gives them a bad name. Dress em politician, and well, you know.

So blah, if you don't want to hear them wine, go drag your snobby ass out of their business and be done with it. Not all of us are looking for sympathy, some of us just need to blow up in a manner that doesn't get us thrown in jail.

Thank you, and if you expect me to try to justify my opinion in your mind.

Then fuck you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sagasu on 2004-09-21 08:34 ]</font>

geewj
Sep 21, 2004, 10:44 AM
On 2004-09-21 08:33, Sagasu wrote:
A fool is a fool, no matter how you dress him up. Dress him emo, and the fool gives them a bad name. Dress em politician, and well, you know.

And that, I think, is who the main target of the rant is.

I don't think he is trying to say every single emo kid out there has no right to complain, but rather that he thinks the ones that are doing it for the sake of an image are annoying. The ones that get in a line and pick up thier clothes, peircings, and angst al at once so they can fit in with the emo crowd.

Also, unless he is trolling hot topic and batting emo kids over the head as they come out, then he isn't getting in thier business about it. A rant on PSOW hardly counts as giving the emo's shit.

[cheap shot]
Besides, the shit they get just fules the angst, so he's doing them a favor >_>
[/cheap shot]

Outrider
Sep 21, 2004, 02:26 PM
Alls I gotta say is I don't know any emo kids like that... guess I got lucky?

Pretty much every emo kid I've met has been pretty normal, except they've got a thing for whiny white boys with guitars.

I think you're probably referring to this fake-emo pop-punk crap that's come out of the mainstream pretty recently.

EDIT: That is, the people who have associated themselves with this music and decided that they must be as sad and angry as possible.

Damn you, Brand New! Damn you to hell!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Outrider on 2004-09-21 15:57 ]</font>

Rainbowlemon
Sep 21, 2004, 03:41 PM
Heh, that time luckily passed in England a while ago, they are now a very small minority thanks to supression by us 'normies' http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Antimony on 2004-09-21 13:41 ]</font>

Balthor
Sep 21, 2004, 03:45 PM
Sounds like someone got dumped by an Emo person. Admit it you miss the thick black glasses.

On topic:

Hate emo so much, stop going to Hot Topic then... you people haters are so funny. Hate things so much that you rant (borderline emo in itself) about it with such passion. Yet somehow wind up been near that which is hated.

Its like watching a bad program on tv, I dont like it, change the channel... there problem solved.

I would continue but Ive been warned about you, so Ill just stop here. And make one suggestion, hate the world so much... stay home and live off Ebay.

Gee Nancy, I never knew hating emo kids counted as hating the entire world. -Rollseyes-

And I don't go to Hot Topic, the stupid asses are always -in the way- of stores I like to go to in the mall, they're on park benches whining as usual when I want to take a walk. They're hanging outside arcades, whining as usual when I want to go kill some time. They're a god damn plague, and I see them everywhere.

I like how it's standard procedure to always point out "omfgz you're ranting about people who rant, lolz". SHUT THE FUCK UP, you're doing the exact same, it's a rants forum. Fucking hypocrites.

But I like my hot topic pants

Haha, very nice balthor. But I hate you now.

Life throws shit at you and you've got to find ways to cope with it. Escapism plays a huge role in this emo stuff you talk about. So there are the people who have decent cuase to need to be able to let loose and find some help, and not be attacked by bastards who say that they don't have the right to be upset.

So blah, if you don't want to hear them wine, go drag your snobby ass out of their business and be done with it. Not all of us are looking for sympathy, some of us just need to blow up in a manner that doesn't get us thrown in jail.

Thank you, and if you expect me to try to justify my opinion in your mind.

Then fuck you

Good another fan.

If you have a right to complain, then go ahead. But if you're gonna bitch about how daddy didn't let you go to a party on the weekend, then shut up.

There's worse shit that can happen to you in life, think before thinking that not getting into marching band is the end of the world.

[cheap shot]
Besides, the shit they get just fules the angst, so he's doing them a favor >_>
[/cheap shot]

And just more fun for me comrade. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Scrub
Sep 21, 2004, 07:09 PM
On 2004-09-20 17:52, Balthor_The_Defiled wrote:

Fuck you and your hair over one side of your face.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/omgwtf/rlh2.jpg

>_>;

-Z
Sep 21, 2004, 07:21 PM
hey -,-,

another reason why i keep it in a pony tail is so grey wont post me messing with my hair in random topics http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Balthor
Sep 21, 2004, 09:08 PM
Heh. You look like my drinking buddy. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Cheers!

Scejntjynahl
Sep 22, 2004, 09:44 AM
On 2004-09-21 13:45, Balthor_The_Defiled wrote:

On topic:

Gee Nancy, I never knew hating emo kids counted as hating the entire world. -Rollseyes-

And I don't go to Hot Topic, the stupid asses are always -in the way- of stores I like to go to in the mall, they're on park benches whining as usual when I want to take a walk. They're hanging outside arcades, whining as usual when I want to go kill some time. They're a god damn plague, and I see them everywhere.

I like how it's standard procedure to always point out "omfgz you're ranting about people who rant, lolz". SHUT THE FUCK UP, you're doing the exact same, it's a rants forum. Fucking hypocrites.

No Balthor, hating emo kid or whatever doesnt mean you hate the world... *cough* But Im sure if you had your way and got rid of all emo you would find something else to be miffed about... Its just that "currently" your attention has been towards the emo, but Im sure you would then perhaps go to the valley people, homeless, and god forbid even midgets.. You come off as a person if things dont fit in your concept of the "world" just kill it off and be done with it. Heh, sound like a promising dictator.

And my name is not Nancy.

Tycho
Sep 22, 2004, 11:15 AM
Yeah, I agree. But why are they called emo's? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Problem solved? The new channel would undoubtedly be a bad program too. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Scejntjynahl
Sep 22, 2004, 11:25 AM
On 2004-09-22 09:15, Tycho wrote:
Yeah, I agree. But why are they called emo's? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Problem solved? The new channel would undoubtedly be a bad program too. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Emo is just a short way of saying "emotional", usually stereotyped as people that are severely depressed and use angst and write poetry to express their feelings. Stereotyped as using lots of black clothing and having long hair and etc etc... but again... its a stereotype.

Alielle
Sep 22, 2004, 03:39 PM
http://www.geocities.com/howtodressemo/

Shadowpawn
Sep 22, 2004, 03:54 PM
Do you really need a website to tell you that...-.-;?

Balthor
Sep 22, 2004, 07:43 PM
Hah.

I would continue but Ive been warned about you, so Ill just stop here.

Liar.

No Balthor, hating emo kid or whatever doesnt mean you hate the world... *cough* But Im sure if you had your way and got rid of all emo you would find something else to be miffed about... Its just that "currently" your attention has been towards the emo, but Im sure you would then perhaps go to the valley people, homeless, and god forbid even midgets.. You come off as a person if things dont fit in your concept of the "world" just kill it off and be done with it. Heh, sound like a promising dictator.

And my name is not Nancy.

My my my, you sure know me Nancy, you know exactly how I think about things. You're a regular ol' Miss Cleo. -Laugh-

Suddenly you assume I would start ranting and raving about homeless people, midgets? And I thought I was the cold hearted asshole. That's past irrelevant to what I'm going after here. You're aiming at people that can't help what happens to them. Emo kids do it to be cool and "in".

It may be a stereotype, but it's a fuckin' accurate one.

Guile
Sep 23, 2004, 12:13 AM
I see emo kids like I see the Punk rockers, they do stuff to be different but just end up like each other. Sure your different from what is believed as "Normal" but your just like everyone else that dresses and acts that way.

digigram
Sep 23, 2004, 11:56 PM
Since when did people start calling wannabe indi-rockers and fake art scene kids (and adults), "emo"?

Is that a new fucking high school kids completely original term he/she thought up in fucking study hall? Emo is/was, and always will be, a type of rock music.. that is ALL.... even though the use of this word would be totally irrelevant to describe current psuedo-emotionally produced crap made these days, because emo hardly is created any longer, considering only a very SMALL handful of well known artists were considered as such. yes yes, you can say "emo stands for emotional and thats ok with me" so that anything "emotional" is now called emo.. you dont get it. if this were the case, all fucking music and everything in the world would now be called emo and the original poster 'would' in fact, have to kill everyone (that is, if all of you actually believed the term "emo" turned you into a irresistably anti-hot sex machine that all the freshman girls in your high school wanted to shank).

I looked at that site that described how to dress like what is now being called "emo", but all that is is a fucking snooty indi rocker.. asshole or bitch...wait... I mean, guy or girl.

What is now called an "emo" kid, is nothing more than a fucking teenager that honestly believes they are better than everyone else, most immediate cloned company included (meaning, their friends).

As for hot topic, they simply make money by confusing kids into thinking something is what it really isn't... such as requirements to be, say, a "goth", lets see, (says Hot Topic Chairman), striped stalkings, black, black, black, cartoonish spooky stuff that is way too cheesy to be lame, oh and put a cool looking tag on it.. you're a goth now, we made $300 USD on all that bullshit we just tricked you into purchasing because it's all made with the lowest quality of material you fucking idiot.

It's very similar to how rivetheads and fucking fake goth kids think Johnny the homicidal maniac is the coolest fucking thing in the world, when in reality, that character and comic are pointing their finger and laughing at how rediculous people like that are.. the similarity is, they both go laughing to the bank due to the stupidity of directionless and unimaginative minds of these kids, That now, due to places such as hot topic and marketing groups that create bands that totally fucking suck, people between the ages of 14 and 35 (seriously) believe they are better than everyone else, because they feel they have gone through SO MUCH MORE pain and in turn feel they have earned the right to whine, sob and moan...

it's very complicated.

speaking of pain.

Here is what I have to deal with for the rest of my life (http://www.tna-support.org/newlook/definition.htm) even If I dressed like that... I would have probably earned it, even though dressing like that would not make any fucking sense just because I have a seriously fucked up neurological disorder....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digigram on 2004-09-23 22:01 ]</font>

Sagasu
Sep 24, 2004, 05:36 AM
On 2004-09-22 17:43, Balthor_The_Defiled wrote:
Emo kids do it to be cool and "in".

It may be a stereotype, [insert foot here]

Okay, now its time for you to get a clue.

Your opinion doesn't match everyone elses. So now your trying to say that yours in more important/true? We don't need that bull shit.

Nobody likes to lose an arguement, but if your that hell bent on justifying your opinion to us you could at least think about it before words start flying from your ass http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

darthsaber9x9
Sep 24, 2004, 08:35 AM
speaking of pain.

Here is what I have to deal with for the rest of my life (http://www.tna-support.org/newlook/definition.htm) even If I dressed like that... I would have probably earned it, even though dressing like that would not make any fucking sense just because I have a seriously fucked up neurological disorder....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digigram on 2004-09-23 22:01 ]</font>

it is universally considered to be the most painful affliction known to medical practice

i feel for ya man, that must really suck http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

see how bad it could be?

opaopajr
Sep 25, 2004, 04:01 AM
emo is just the latest term for what has been a very old scene. hell, anyone here know anything about beatniks? please, as old as the hills, as they say.

but i do enjoy it. it pisses people off to no end and therefore it must have inherent value. though i must say everytime someone says 'emo' i keep having a mental slip and think of brian eno. whatever, but the similarities are funny.

i am curious about the music, fashion, and art, though. that's the only real thing that really drags my interest into these 'movements'. there's always something fun to find culture diving. besides, who wants to look like an upright, wholesome winner all the time. even eagle scout, quarterbacks need their lipstick and eyeliner days. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Ness
Sep 25, 2004, 07:34 AM
Oh man, how did I miss this?
Thanks for the awesome rant Balthor.

I too can't stand emo kids hang around here. They act like they are the only ones going through depression and that everyone is happy. Whenever someone tries to make them feel better, they start screaming and saying stuff like "You don't know what it's like to be depressed!"

I don't know about the emo kids everywhere else, but the ones here are just a bunch of posers trying to be different.

AUTO_
Sep 27, 2004, 06:24 PM
The only thing I'll add:

Emo sucks, it all sounds the same, all music is emotional, bands that fall under the "emotional" title are just whiney bitches who cash in on kids who'll settle for dulled musical educations and sappy lyrics that they can convince their girlfriends to listen to and vice versa.

EMO blows.

Solstis
Sep 27, 2004, 06:33 PM
On 2004-09-27 16:24, AUTO_ wrote:
The only thing I'll add:

Emo sucks, it all sounds the same, all music is emotional, bands that fall under the "emotional" title are just whiney bitches who cash in on kids who'll settle for dulled musical educations and sappy lyrics that they can convince their girlfriends to listen to and vice versa.

EMO blows.

My dad called The Killers "weak."

I was forced to agree with him.

Hard Rock is the best therapy music, in my opinion.

BogusKun
Sep 27, 2004, 07:14 PM
On 2004-09-20 19:25, SkyHawkX wrote:
Someone watches South Park.

I saw that episode!!! LOL!!!!!!

Those goth kids in the "You Got Served" episode YES YES http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Outrider
Sep 27, 2004, 07:38 PM
On 2004-09-27 16:24, AUTO_ wrote:
The only thing I'll add:

EMO blows.

Wait a second, but you like Radiohead.

BogusKun
Sep 27, 2004, 07:56 PM
On 2004-09-21 08:44, Prof_Frink wrote:

On 2004-09-21 08:33, Sagasu wrote:

And that, I think, is who the main target of the rant is.

George Bush ^___^

On 2004-09-21 17:21, -Z wrote:
hey -,-,

another reason why i keep it in a pony tail is so grey wont post me messing with my hair in random topics http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

I used to do it too, when I had longer hair... I had a girl do my hair the way she wanted when I was in high school.
I wear a short cut now http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Because I work in an office.

On 2004-09-25 05:34, Ness wrote:
I don't know about the emo kids everywhere else, but the ones here are just a bunch of posers trying to be different.

True...

digigram
Sep 27, 2004, 08:01 PM
how in the hell is radiohead, emo, as in fake bullshit.

radiohead has been going for quite a long time before many of you were 5-6 years old

Outrider
Sep 27, 2004, 08:37 PM
On 2004-09-27 18:01, digigram wrote:
how in the hell is radiohead, emo, as in fake bullshit.

radiohead has been going for quite a long time before many of you were 5-6 years old

Well, I'm glad that my semi-ambiguous point was completely missed.

You see, I can just as easily make fun of Radiohead as anyone can about any emo band. They're both popular in the music industry, some people think they sound really whiney, and both have a large number of fans.

Music is music, so stop whining.

AUTO_
Sep 28, 2004, 12:54 AM
OK, if you're going to get away with calling Radiohead whiney, atleast recognize that they're nowhere near the whiney-caliber of any generic emo band.

Plus, most Radiohead fans like them because they recognize talent.

Ask any emo band fan why he likes Emo band X. You'll get some sort of bullshit response.

Come on now.

Outrider
Sep 28, 2004, 01:16 PM
On 2004-09-27 22:54, AUTO_ wrote:
OK, if you're going to get away with calling Radiohead whiney, atleast recognize that they're nowhere near the whiney-caliber of any generic emo band.

Ask any emo band fan why he likes Emo band X. You'll get some sort of bullshit response.

Come on now.

See, you're just missing the point.

There are a lot of intelligent music fans that like emo and there are a lot of intelligent music fans that like Radiohead.

There's also a bunch of idiots on either side. I'd say that for the most part over here in the states, you're gonna find more emo fans, however, which ups the chances that you're gonna find some random kid who listens to emo because "That one song is so awesome!" whereas Radiohead, despite their sudden boost in popularity with the release of their latest album, is still more obscure than some pop bands in the US. That means that there's a good chance thatmany of the fans are ones that heard about Radiohead, and searched them out on their own.

I personally like some emo bands, but none of these pop-punk groups that have slid into emo. It's a different genre than it was in the 80s, and it's now basically whiney white boys with guitars. Do I think they're gonna change the world with their music? Heck no. Do I think they have talent? Definitely. Heard some great music from them.

However, I don't really care for Radiohead. Some of their stuff is pretty good, particularly a few songs I know off of their earlier stuff, but that's about it for me. Sure they're talented, I'm not gonna deny that, but it's not like what they're doing is the second coming or anything. And I'll tell you... one of my buddies up at school is one of the biggest music buffs I know, and he's crazy about Radiohead, while some of the other people I know up here have absolutely no idea about music, and claim Radiohead is the greatest thing ever because "Oh man, they called their album 'Hail to the Theif!!!'"

It's all a matter of perspective. If there are people who don't like your taste in music, then don't talk to them about music. If there are people who have the same taste, then go right ahead. But there wouldn't be so many different genres out there if people weren't listening to them.

BogusKun
Sep 29, 2004, 11:21 PM
On 2004-09-28 11:16, Outrider wrote:

Come on now.

See, you're just missing the point.

There are a lot of intelligent music fans that like emo and there are a lot of intelligent music fans that like Radiohead.

There's also a bunch of idiots on either side. I'd say that for the most part over here in the states, you're gonna find more emo fans, however, which ups the chances that you're gonna find some random kid who listens to emo because "That one song is so awesome!" whereas Radiohead, despite their sudden boost in popularity with the release of their latest album, is still more obscure than some pop bands in the US. That means that there's a good chance thatmany of the fans are ones that heard about Radiohead, and searched them out on their own.

I personally like some emo bands, but none of these pop-punk groups that have slid into emo. It's a different genre than it was in the 80s, and it's now basically whiney white boys with guitars. Do I think they're gonna change the world with their music? Heck no. Do I think they have talent? Definitely. Heard some great music from them.

However, I don't really care for Radiohead. Some of their stuff is pretty good, particularly a few songs I know off of their earlier stuff, but that's about it for me. Sure they're talented, I'm not gonna deny that, but it's not like what they're doing is the second coming or anything. And I'll tell you... one of my buddies up at school is one of the biggest music buffs I know, and he's crazy about Radiohead, while some of the other people I know up here have absolutely no idea about music, and claim Radiohead is the greatest thing ever because "Oh man, they called their album 'Hail to the Theif!!!'"

It's all a matter of perspective. If there are people who don't like your taste in music, then don't talk to them about music. If there are people who have the same taste, then go right ahead. But there wouldn't be so many different genres out there if people weren't listening to them.

He's right... you can't judge certain listeners of music just because the majority of them have "act as their life is under it's music control"

You may have seen groups of rap music lovers wearing hip-hop-like clothing who do nothing all day but smoke weed and "pimp girls". But just because you seen 9 of 10 listeners do this... doesn't mean you can't befriend and go off getting mad at that 1 lisner who probably has a brain, isn't a slave to it's music, non-imitating, and has a Ph.D in some medical field with a $750,000 a year salary.

And this is why I don't get mad at a bunch of kids who listen to emo...

I kinda dig the look http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

MLK Jr. (as well as many others around the world) Had a dream... unfortunately some people haven't woke up yet.

HotWaterDeath
Oct 1, 2004, 10:55 PM

Come on now.

I find that odd coming from you AUTO. You, of all people, should understand that the most of the newer crop of semi-underground, psuedo post-punkers (Or the dreaded "E" word) are heavily influenced by the likes of At-The-Drive-In and their ilk (ATDI who was in turn influenced by the likes of DC Dischord music scene, of which are basically responsible for what you people call "emo" nowadays). Don't be so quick to pull the trigger on it. Like all forms, you must cut through the crap, and grab hold of the roots. Although the roots alone aren't all that is good.

Hot Topic has nothing to do with the said form. It is merely a parastic blight that latches on to unsuspecting youth to leech disposable income for its own good.

As for the rant, in general, I totally agree with you on those runts. I think they're pretty pathetic, and they have as much to do with post-punk as say Martha Stewart has to do with Swedish Death-Metal (Which is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!).

In fact, since I'm bored, I'm going to go down the line and describe the crappy bands that have basically nothing to do with the post-punk, yet are commonly lumped into that catagory.

Here goes: NEVER CALL ANY OF THESE BANDS POST-PUNK or "emo" if you feel so inclined.

Taking Back Sunday
Thursday
The Get-Up Kids
Saves The Day
Yellowcard
Brand New
The Used
Alexisonfire
Fear Before The March of Flames
Letterkills
Alkaline Trio
Atreyu
Underoath
Matchbook Romance
Finch
New Found Glory
Early November
ANY BAND ON DRIVE-THRU RECORDS
My Chemical Romance
Beloved
Spitalfield
The Reunion Show
Action Action
Hawthorne Heights
The Hurt Process
Northstar
Reggie and The Full Effect
Hey Mercedes (I they have old members of Braid, but come on!)
Any band on MTV
Anything released on Saddlecreek
Anything released on Militia Group
Anything released on Solidstate
Further Seems Forever
Dashboard Confessional
Emery
Coheed and Cambria
Fall-Out Boy
Roy
Story of The Year (Who used to be called Big Blue Monkey, and they sucked then too)
Simple Plan
GC
Senses Fail
Much The Same
The Movielife
Grade
Any band on MTV
Rufio
Starting Line
Vaux
No Motiv
Silverstein
Bayside
Mae

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. You'll have to excuse me if I forgot to mention "a few" of them, as a new piece of crap band is concieved every time I blink. If any of the aforementioned bands have influenced your impression of post-punk, then you need to look elsewhere, because you haven't tasted it yet.

Kyuu
Jul 25, 2006, 09:55 PM
Oh look. Another "I hate this group of people and here's why. Blah blah blah, somehow we got on the issue of bands and now we've got elitist the-music-I-like-is-god-all-the-rest-is-poser/fake/stupid/untalented/whatever-crap" topic. A few of those bands on that list made songs I like. I don't give a crap what genre they belong to or whatever. All music invokes emotion, whether its anger, love, sorrow, whatever. Frankly, I find a lot of the "fake" punk to be better to listen to then than "real" punk. But that's me and my tastes. Listen to whatever you want, doesn't bother me much.

People are going to be people, and a lot of those people are going to do and think things that are at odds with what you do and think. Deal with it. If they beat you up and kill your family, then maybe I can understand some animosity. But otherwise, shut up and live your life and let them live theirs. Honestly.

Blitzkommando
Jul 25, 2006, 10:09 PM
Why the flying fuck did you bump a two year old topic? Read the fucking manual... rules.

isahn80
Jul 25, 2006, 10:19 PM
Maybe he was searching for something to lash out against?

Dek
Jul 25, 2006, 10:41 PM
On 2006-07-25 20:09, Norvekh wrote:
Why the flying fuck did you bump a two year old topic?

Because he didn't...

Read the fucking manual... rules.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

On topic since it's brought up from the dead. Most emo people I had to deal with not only complain about the same thing (hence making them "annoying" in some way), but then they say they have nothing to look forward to in regards to their life...

Ironically enough, they haven't lived a full life. Instead, they only lived for about 16-17 years, sitting around, complaining about things that they have no real understanding of.

Kyuu, it is true that people are going to be themselves. However, you have to agree that people like you and me can only handle so much from something for so long. In the example of some of us, we can only handle the negativity of others' personal lives for so long. We can only listen to their problems for so long, even after trying to help these people. Infact, I tried to help some emo friends. After a while, it does get annoying in two ways: the fact that your help isn't doing anything and is being ignored, and the fact that they continue to complain about things that, once again, they have no understanding of.

Now, I lost hope with them. If they don't like being made fun of for being emo, then all I can suggest is to stop being emo. Start looking at things in a different light.

Or as how Eric Idle said it, "Always look on the bright side of life" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Kyuu
Jul 25, 2006, 11:30 PM
Hm, odd. I didn't even think to check to the timestamp since it was only a few spaces down from the top. Ah well, can't do much about it now.

My apologies.

Ironic that you'd mention the forum rules, though, since profanity is prohibited as well. But such is life, eh?

Edit: Oh, and yeah I can understand annoyance and even dislike. Obviously those are normal and understandable reactions to things that irritate you. But a kind of irrational rage towards a group of people, most of whom you don't even know and are just stereotyping, is something different altogether. It's unhealthy, far more unhealthy than even the stubborn insistance of depression and a pitiable life that is attributed to those now popularly called "emo." Also ironic that such a label should be applied, since hate and anger is a much worse showing of unreasonable emotion than, well, just about anything else.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-07-25 21:47 ]</font>

Jehosaphaty
Jul 25, 2006, 11:48 PM
When the fuck did profanity become prohibited?

Kyuu
Jul 26, 2006, 12:10 AM
From the Forum Rules (http://www.pso-world.com/faq.php?myfaq=yes&id_cat=9&categories=Forum):

Offensive Posts
Respect EVERYBODY in the forum, everyone is equal. Posting in an offensive manner is not tolerated. No discriminatory or derogatory remarks. Racist remarks, derogatory statements about another religion or belief, or ethnocentrism will result in banning. Posts with the following content is not tolerated: Vulgar, profanity, sexually explicit, racism, enthnocentrism, bashing a particular religion, gender or nationality or sexual orientation. We will not tolerate hate language, harassment or threats. We will not allow posts linking to sites with such content or posting pictures of that nature. Choose your vocabulary wisely, do not call people "Gay" or use the offensive term "JAP". Whether your using the word offensively or not, do not use such slurs. Do not make posts that are unlawful, harmful, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, misinformative, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, harms minors in any way, degrading, intimidating or hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability. Blanket statements towards a whole race, country or culture is not allowed.

Granted, I haven't seen much enforcement of it, but it's still against forum rules.

navci
Jul 26, 2006, 01:57 AM
On 2006-07-25 22:10, Kyuu wrote:
Granted, I haven't seen much enforcement of it, but it's still against forum rules.

I do believe rants is one of the few forums where profinities is tolerated. You shouldn't see the amount of profinities used here anywhere else.

darthsaber9x9
Jul 26, 2006, 04:50 AM
Woah, some major thread necromancy going on here.

Profanity prohibited? what a fucking joke.

Sinue_v2
Jul 26, 2006, 07:52 AM
Necromancy? It's Necrophilia IMO...

K-Morfos
Jul 26, 2006, 08:08 AM
On 2004-09-20 20:18, Solstis wrote:

Same here. Bitching about people bitching means that not only you are bitching like the people you complain about, but now you are a hypocrite. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

darthsaber9x9
Jul 26, 2006, 06:19 PM
On 2006-07-26 06:08, K-Morfos wrote:

On 2004-09-20 20:18, Solstis wrote:

Same here. Bitching about people bitching means that not only you are bitching like the people you complain about, but now you are a hypocrite. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

FUCK ME there's a hypocritic statement! I seem to remember one of your recent threads slagging just about everyone!

Let's see:

I just cannot stand normal people! They are all the same, and they hate everybody different! They rant and rant about:

Happy Holidays replacing Merry Christmas
Vegetarians who simply do not want to eat meat
People who like anime and Japanese entertainment
People with radical political views
People who practice religons outside the mainstream
People [especially atheist] who teach evolution
People who do not act "their sex"
People who want to protect the environment
ect... [insert those different here]

Christ, you really talk alot of shit.

Ryna
Jul 28, 2006, 10:52 AM
Don't bump a thread this old. It would be better if you created a new topic to express your opinions.

As for the profanity rule, we tolerate a certain amount of profanity since we try to keep the forum rated PG13. There are certain words that will automatically get a thread locked and a warning issued. Also, we will typically remove profane words from forum titles. Finally, we typically allow a slightly larger amount of profanity in this forum since it is primarily intended for venting.