PDA

View Full Version : Quest: Need BP Info (and announcement of new fic)

Kadou
Sep 21, 2004, 05:36 PM
Thats right, esclavos. I'm finally back (sort of), although I still only lurk here, mostly.

Anyway, like the title suggests, I need any and all info of or pertaining to Black Paper (the crime syndicate, as well as the person). Valid or just a believable theory, I need every scrap of data. If there's an online Book of Hunters, a link would be greatly appreciated.

Why do I need to know these things, ask you? Well the answer is obvious. Ahem..:

Get ready...

For a Phantasy Star Online FanFiciton like no other...

Six years after Pioneer 2 entered Ragol's orbit for the first time, four years after the Assault on Stalag 13...

The people of Pioneer 2 have grown unstable. With the planet surface still considered to be dangerous and uninhabitable, they are trapped within the miracle city-ship. Every day the population grow larger, denser. The air has become stagnant, food brought in small amounts from the surface and recycled. Many people are without jobs or homes. The sound of riots polutes the air more even than the fumes of exaust and decay...

For two years, the Hunters Guild has been disbanded. Old veterans have been left without careers, and those who were known to be involved in the campagin against the military are slowly and covertly being sought out and assassinated by government agents. With this major adversary out of the way, other political and military factions are growing. The Principal Tyrell has finally been forced to allow the restoration of the Central Dome, but even so it is too late for him to hold any hope of prolonged leadership...

Not only has the Principal's own administration branched into opposing parties, but there are outside threats. The six generals that lead the military are already losing discipline and could easily destroy the Principal and his Council for a dictatorship at any time...

Most alarmingly, however, is the recently increased activity of the Black Paper organization. With old Hunters left without income, the ranks of the syndication grow ever larger, Pioneer's crime rate ever higher. The expansion is not the cause for the government's worry, however. Based on information from the few intelligence agents that survive after infiltrating BP's ranks, the unidentifyable leader is planning a major move; some kind of new scret weapon. It is believed that Black Paper coulld and very well might attempt to comandeer the ship...

And within the confines of an unnamed laboratory, under the supervision of Coral's greatest scientific minds, the most lethal culmination of human technology rushes toward awakening.

Disclaimer: Above content subject to probably change. Also, I still may or may not go through with writing it. Depends on how busy I am with school and work, and of course, how easily good ideas continue coming to my mind. Lastly, this fic indirectly recognizes the events taking place in the group fic Assault on Stalag 13, although I might have the timeline wrong. I didn't bother to check yet.
Oh, yeah, and I misssed a big chunk of the summary in that trailer thing, but thats what you read it for, yes?

And no, this fic will be nothing like my failure "Reveletions", if any of you happened to read that.

mr_rubbish
Sep 21, 2004, 05:45 PM
*waits patiently for chapter 8 of revelations*

Nah seriously, it's good that you're back in the game kadou. maybe you'll even see the end too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
AoS13 is set 2 years after the death of falz (or rather RoTM). beyond that i have little info on BP other that the stuff I made up (and it doesn't agree with your plot so i won't mention it)

If in doubt, make it up. No one will mind too much

roll on chapter 1!

Sagasu
Sep 21, 2004, 05:50 PM
Damn,

It looks like I have competition again http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I am seriously looking forward to see how your talent has grown.

Kadou
Sep 21, 2004, 06:28 PM
On 2004-09-21 15:45, mr_rubbish wrote:
*waits patiently for chapter 8 of revelations*

Nah seriously, it's good that you're back in the game kadou. maybe you'll even see the end too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
AoS13 is set 2 years after the death of falz (or rather RoTM). beyond that i have little info on BP other that the stuff I made up (and it doesn't agree with your plot so i won't mention it)

If in doubt, make it up. No one will mind too much

roll on chapter 1!

Sounds like I got it about right, then. Only difference is I'm ignoring RotM.

And I'm glad to say Prologue/Chapter 1 is at least half done already, unless I decide to try to beat Saru's longevity record. In that case, I'd only be about 5% there.

Damn,

It looks like I have competition again

I am seriously looking forward to see how your talent has grown.

Hasn't grown much, other than that I gave up any crap attempts at mixing medeival fantasy with PSO. And maybe my English vocab grew a little?

More than enough to beat you, though. =P

Kadou
Sep 22, 2004, 04:12 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

mr_rubbish
Sep 22, 2004, 04:27 PM
On 2004-09-21 16:28, Kadou wrote:
...attempts at mixing medeival fantasy with PSO...

Funny you should mention that....

Kadou
Sep 22, 2004, 06:32 PM
Eh?

Sagasu
Sep 22, 2004, 07:35 PM
On 2004-09-22 14:12, Kadou wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Come now, since when did bumping ever help?

If you take a look at the sheer quality of fan-fics wandring their way around this forum, you have to realize that the reader's attention span has been severely divided.

And you absence hasn't helped much either. All in all I'm looking forward to your work, though I must apologize for not knowing much about what you ask of.

Skett
Sep 22, 2004, 09:31 PM
Hey, don't worry whether or not people are reading. They will. Sure it might take a few more fics, like Sagasu. What is your record? Three fanfics before people really started to notice? Just kidding.

Glad to have ya bad in the fanficy world, Kadou.

AzureBlaze
Sep 22, 2004, 10:56 PM
For Black Paper info you can try my website.
There isn't a spacific writeup (yet) on the organization itself, but each of the participating characters/NPCs found in the game are all bio'd as extensivly as possible. They're good for name dropping/pieceing together the info on the organization. Soon, I hope to be able to post up the official BlackPaper logo, as seen on the Black Gear. Since you can't post up links to outside websites, you can get there by pressing the one on my sig. (NPC Guide) I hope it helps, your story sounds cool!

Kadou
Sep 23, 2004, 12:20 PM
I actually looked around your site a couple weeks ago hoping to find something. I'm sorry to say I only got one useful name out of it, but the writup could definetly be helpful. I'm sort of losing patience, though, so I might just throw the first chapter/prologue and make up my own charas.

And thanks, everyone, for the support.