PDA

View Full Version : Soloing towers as a Droid...

MT7218
Sep 21, 2004, 10:46 PM
I need to know what would be good stratiges for dealing with towers as my Skyly HUcast... He's currently level 118, with the following items:

Weapons:
Sange and Yasha +30 (45/0/15/0/25)
Red Handgun +50 (0/20/0/0/0)
Berdyish +25 (15/0/0/25)

Armor, Sheild, and Units:
Guard Wave (4 slots)
Secret Gear
Ogre/Power++
Elf/Arm++
Resist/Devil
God/Battle

Mag:
Soniti
17/105/78/0

Obviously, for tower, I'm gonna replace that Ogre/Power++ with something, the Elf/Arm++ with a God/Arm, the Resist/Devil for Cure/Shock (Stupid monkies...)

Besides the constant use of freeze traps, Red handgun, and bringing lots of scapes, what other stratigies can I use in tower as a droid?

TheOneHero
Sep 21, 2004, 10:52 PM
Don't get hit. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I would suggest taking it slow, don't rush in cuz you don't got teamates to back you up. Also lay a pipe after you clear each level or two; helps a lot. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

EJ
Sep 21, 2004, 10:55 PM
the best stragerty is to take your time, don't rush it, and take one enemy at a time and use the fence to hold enemies back while you shoot them to death on the other side. Also learn the spawning of all the enemies. It will help when you do the towers again while hunting for rares or getting exp.

Miroku77
Sep 22, 2004, 12:57 AM
Yeah, take your time...i find that my best stragety is..."put some ice in your boots and chill" dont rush in and get maimed. You gotta wait and take out those dumb Ill-Gills and the other various annoying tower baddies. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Armok
Sep 22, 2004, 11:41 AM
As a hucast player heres my advice

Weapon choices -
Sange and Yasha +30 (45/0/15/0/25)
Red Handgun +50 (0/20/0/0/0)
Berdyish +25 (15/0/0/25)

Dump the Berdyish there is no real grouping enemy situations. S&Y also a bad choice get a 50hit vulcan/repeater. Red handguns good choice although a hit one wouldnt go amiss. Hucasts have no rifles so are pretty stuck. Fast movement and freeze trap quick killing only way through certain areas.

Armor, Sheild, and Units -
Guard Wave (4 slots)
Secret Gear
God Arm*
God Arm*
Resist/Devil
God/Battle

Mag:
Soniti
17/105/78/0

First up dump that mag its a drain on power resources and should be replaced by a high pow mag (with m&y) as Slots are the most effiecent way to boost both ata/pow till past level 180 FACT. You will be needing that extra pow on the mech I assure you.

Get a Delsabers Sheild/Attribute wall/Light relief that secret gear is not gonna help stop a Megid hit. Armor wise higher dark resist better as Mericol/Del Lily things are the problem and neather can be stopped by high def.

As for cure units cure confuse the best one as Gigue casts it on tower.

You may also want to take a pasting early on in CCA or Seabed to get your PB shifta before tackling the foes on tower who will take more than 1 combo to kill.

Thats all my advice for now.

Tsudo_Plat
Sep 22, 2004, 11:48 AM
Just as a brief warning, when you get to Floor 6 of East Tower. Prepare to get OWNED. I have gotten spanked so many times in that room that its not even funny.

The best strategy I have found is once you enter the room run all the way to the end where the Mericus(Or is Merikle?) spawns. Run BEHIND him and then kill him with whatever you want. I use Charge Gatlings with 50% on Hit with my HUcast, but you can make way with a Red Handgun or something like that.

After you kill him, hug one of the walls and slowly walk towards the mericarols until you target one of them. Shoot it then run back. Repeat that until dead. Then you just have 1 to worry about, which shouldn't be much of a problem.

I've been playing it on Very Hard for a Fatsia with HIT, but I would suggest doing that too before playing in Ultimate, that way you can learn everythings attack patterns, etc before getting stomped in Ultimate.