PDA

View Full Version : GC: Situation Status???

SotiCoto
Sep 22, 2004, 11:07 AM
Excuse me. Newb here. I'm prepared for whatever hostility may or may not be standard on these boards when someone asks a question that has probably been asked countless times before.

I simply wish to ask what the situation currently is online, on the GC servers?

I used to play the original (ep1) DC version online, but that was it. Since I bought EpI&II for the Gamecube many months ago, I haven't been able to get online with it so much as once. I was vaguely aware that at the start (or so I was informed), the only problem was duplicated weapons on the GC servers..... while the X-Box version was instantly hacked to pieces.

But I'm hoping to go online soon, and am frankly rather concerned over what may have passed since?

I mean.... what kind of glitches / cheats / etc are actually floating around on the GC version at the moment? More significantly, are there any particularly threatening things about that I should be wary of?

.... O'course, if anyone actually has the time, it would be nice to know not only whats been going on, but when it happened (i.e. in what order). It rather helps me predict what might be to come next. I know that hacker sorts can be very clever people.... perhaps much moreso than the folks at Sonic Team unfortunately.... and no matter what defences are put up, people always manage to get through at least some of them.

So anyway. What IS the situation status?

VioletSkye
Sep 22, 2004, 12:09 PM
Well I'm far too lazy to try and explain/guess when everything happened (and really its pretty much irrelevant at this point.) But online is great if you want to enjoy the social aspect of the game (which decidedly is a large part of the appeal as I'm sure you are well aware from the DC version.)

There really isn't anything dangerous that you need to worry about online. NOLing, PK, CK etc. are MIA atm. The only thing that you want to be aware of is FSOD/X. Corruption is a reality that every online player faces (though dialup users get hit the hardest for obvious reasons.)

As for the playing experience itself, I guess it depends on how well you can handle knowing that the game is rampant with dupes/glithes/AR users. If you don't mind palying with descent people, even if they use dupes, then you'll have a great time. If you are a hardcore legit than you may be somewhat discouraged at first trying to find legit games (although there are plenty of legit players that would be happy to have you join their game.)

A few of the glitches that come to mind are:

Shop Dupe
Multi Equip
Max Stat
Stacking

Then you have the newer AR codes (and there are quite a few but I'll list the most common.):

Infinite HP (can still be killed if damage taken exceeds current HP
Infinite TP
All Areas Unlocked
Infinite Meseta
Extremely high ATP, ATA, MST etc.
Bank Mod

And then there is of course the Item mod which allows you to create items. You can easily use it to create weapons with high %s, S-Ranks, high level mags (level 1308) you can also do a semi God Equip with it, meaning you can create chars that start the game with any armor/shield/mag/weapon you want. Although the weapon can become unequipped easily and once that happens you won't be able to equip it again.

Anyway, my list is far from comprehensive and I'm sure others can add alot more to it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-09-22 10:12 ]</font>

Corey
Sep 22, 2004, 12:31 PM
I'll never write a complete history report on cheating. Simply because all the 'major' things have happened recently.

when i used the codes for meseta, they were a mask,
the only one I think that works for stats is Jei's ATP code.

VioletSkye
Sep 22, 2004, 12:58 PM
I think there is a TP one that works also, isn't there? I so rarely play PSO anymore that aside from browsing over the "other" forums, I don't really pay that much attention anymore LOL http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Corey
Sep 22, 2004, 01:01 PM
Soulja made a TP one that makes it 9999 I think.
But it only works for bots if I remember correctly.

Which props the FOcast. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Mystil
Sep 22, 2004, 03:18 PM
On 2004-09-22 09:07, SotiCoto wrote:

I simply wish to ask what the situation currently is online, on the GC servers?

Much much better than DC. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

SotiCoto
Sep 24, 2004, 09:40 AM
A few of the glitches that come to mind are:

Shop Dupe
Multi Equip
Max Stat
Stacking

Then you have the newer AR codes (and there are quite a few but I'll list the most common.):

Infinite HP (can still be killed if damage taken exceeds current HP
Infinite TP
All Areas Unlocked
Infinite Meseta
Bank Mod

... So what are the Shop Dupe, Multi Equip, Max Stat and 'Stacking' things?
For that matter, what is the Bank Mod?

o_0;

I used to use Inf HP and TP back on the DC myself when playing Offline, though not online. I just used to think it a more fun experience when levelling. I'm not too concerned about that stuff...

I am concerned about how the FSODing happens though. I mean, can people still do that to one another? And what is the /X thing on the end about?

VioletSkye
Sep 24, 2004, 01:01 PM
On 2004-09-24 07:40, SotiCoto wrote:
... So what are the Shop Dupe, Multi Equip, Max Stat and 'Stacking' things?
For that matter, what is the Bank Mod?

o_0;

Shop Dupe - Using a glitch in the game to duplicate any item as many times as you want. It involves the shop (hence the name.)

Multi-Equip - Using a variation of the glitch above to be able to equip multiple items at once (works with weapons, armors and shields.) There are some interesting looking weapon combinations you can get using this http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Max Stat - Another variation of the glitch above that allows you to max all your stats at any level (even level 1.)

Stacking - A different glitch that allows you to "stack" multi-carry items. You can use this to stack up as many of an item (mates, fluids, atomizers, telepipes, etc.) as you want in your bank, although you'll want to only take out 255 of any item at a time.

Bank Mod - Uses an AR code to obtain any item in the game using meseta.

I am concerned about how the FSODing happens though. I mean, can people still do that to one another? And what is the /X thing on the end about?

Not sure if people can still FSOD you or not. I hardly play and when I do, I never experienced it so someone else will have to answer that one.

The FSODX (extreme) is corruption. Data does not get saved back to the card correctly resulting in a corrupted save file. There are a number of things you can try that may fix it, but I'm too lazy to find a link lol.

One set of AR codes I forgot to mention are the level codes. Basically they are glitchy codes that cause your char to level extremely fast. Notable versions are the level 145, level 175 and level 200 codes. So for instance if you had a level 1 char, you could use the level 200 code to kill 1 enemy and raise to level 200 immediately (you also get all of your stat points.)

Mystil
Sep 25, 2004, 07:40 AM
People in game CLAIM they can FSOD others, some crazy rumor that spreaded like wild fire last year and every idiot tried it.

Really the only thing that would annoy you is people shop duping and multi. I do it(alone), but it seems so rude to do it WHILE everyone else is trying to play.

Multi makes your mag dissappear http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2004-09-25 05:42 ]</font>

SotiCoto
Sep 25, 2004, 08:37 AM
Are you seriously saying though that MOST of these are just due to some weird glitches in the game that can be accessed by anyone?! .... I mean.. like the old TP-Resta, Player-Grants and the more famous going-backward-through-locked-doors trick of the original DC version?

Incidentally, does TP-Resta still work?
I've been looking for an answer to that question for ages. Not that I'm asking any more about it... cos I remember how to do that on the DC version. It was about the coolest glitch I knew... Promoted teamwork, and anything that does that has got to be good.

Corey
Sep 25, 2004, 10:26 AM
On 2004-09-25 06:37, SotiCoto wrote:
Are you seriously saying though that MOST of these are just due to some weird glitches in the game that can be accessed by anyone?! .... I mean.. like the old TP-Resta, Player-Grants and the more famous going-backward-through-locked-doors trick of the original DC version?

Incidentally, does TP-Resta still work?
I've been looking for an answer to that question for ages. Not that I'm asking any more about it... cos I remember how to do that on the DC version. It was about the coolest glitch I knew... Promoted teamwork, and anything that does that has got to be good.

You bet they can
And Bankmod/inventory edit isn't done through a glitch, it's quite intentional.
TP Resta no longer works, neither do Player Grants or WTDoors

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Corey on 2004-09-25 08:26 ]</font>

Jack
Sep 25, 2004, 10:38 AM
The situation is that the servers are online.

What?

BogusKun
Sep 26, 2004, 10:33 PM
ALSO...

Duped Items
High% weapons/hack weapons.
Level 201-1304 Mags

Packet Codes
Quest FSOD

AR CODES
LSOD
FSOD

SotiCoto
Sep 27, 2004, 05:33 AM
On 2004-09-25 08:26, Corey wrote:
You bet they can
And Bankmod/inventory edit isn't done through a glitch, it's quite intentional.
TP Resta no longer works, neither do Player Grants or WTDoors

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Corey on 2004-09-25 08:26 ]</font>

>_<;; .... I loved TP-Resta and WTDoors ... oh well, sucks. What can ya do? These new glitches make the old ones seem tame by comparison.

Y'know, I'm rather surprised that such things can be so impossibly common on the PSO servers and yet the topic is still completely forbidden and taboo on the Internet. I'd expect it all to have leaked to everyone and their dog by now... o_0; ...

OnnaWren
Sep 27, 2004, 09:14 AM
Eh, does the phrase "If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns" spring to mind?

It does for me... >_<

SotiCoto
Sep 27, 2004, 11:48 AM
Perfect argument for the global legalisation of cannabis.

Thats not the point though. I guess they're not so hard to find, since I just found some.... and I figure that if I can find them that way, that someone with considerably more common sense than I have would be able to find them that much more quickly and easily........ and so once they've been found, no wonder they get everywhere so fast.

O'course, it never ceases to amaze me just how ingenuitive people can be. The sort of ends people will go to just to get at a glitch...
... And having taken a look through an entire hacker's community and seeing the sort of things they talk about.... its completely over my head. v_v;;;

Mystil
Sep 28, 2004, 11:11 AM
(Code Boy would never admit Code Master was better than him.)

SotiCoto
Sep 30, 2004, 08:43 AM
On 2004-09-28 09:11, Silhouette wrote:
(Code Boy would never admit Code Master was better than him.)

I've got not the slightest idea why you said that.
Are these specific people you're on about, or are you trying to impart some sort of wisdom concerning experience versus arrogance?