PDA

View Full Version : is it worth to buy V2 for DC?

Jess_01
Sep 23, 2004, 02:12 AM
heya guys
I've dreamcast and only PSO v1, but I would like to purchase a newer version:
is it worth to buy v2?
or does it have nearly no new things and should I buy a x-box or GC and the new version?(I read in the IGN review nothing about the "new" characters and it said it would be like v1, but with more rare items and multiplayer modes)

could someone help me please?

Mixfortune
Sep 23, 2004, 03:48 AM
DC version 2 will pretty much add Ultimate difficulty, as well as 100 more levels (max level being 200 instead of 100). There are a lot of new items between Version 1 and Version 2, but of course there's the part about actually getting online. DC version 2, like version 1, does not have the Fomar, Hucaseal, or Ramarl, those aren't introduced until the Xbox and Gamecube versions, which basically has all of version 2, plus another episode (Temple, Spaceship, Gal Da Val, Seabed). Version 2 for the Dreamcast does not include Episode 2.

I'm not sure how willing you are to get a system, and even though I play the Gamecube version now, that's not the reason I'm going to recommend the GC version. I would recommend, if you're trying to decide between the Xbox and the Gamecube, to get the Gamecube and PSO+ if you can, since PSO+ sells for about $30 USD and just came out recently, so it should be easier to find.

Since the price different probably isn't that much between DC version 2 and PSO+, I'd say it's based pretty much on how willing you are to get another system.

Mystil
Sep 23, 2004, 08:13 AM
Also, gameplay in Ver2 is very unbalance... ATA is an extreme issue....

Dhylec
Sep 23, 2004, 09:02 AM
dc v2 is now a bit too late & stale comparing to pso v3 [ep1+2]
at this time, you better off with gc pso+ instead
more classes, more areas, more enemies, better drops..

meh, go read up the guides for the changes.. from v2 to v3 then +

Rain_1
Sep 23, 2004, 10:13 AM
OR he could just get ver2 for dc for 5 bucks on ebay...

like i did.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

If you're sticking with DC, yes, buy ver2... it's much much MUCH better...

I'd actually buy ver2 for dc and also buy a new system and pso 1+2.. but oh wait.. i already did that.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Jess_01
Sep 23, 2004, 11:38 AM
I think I'll get a new system(x-box or gc, don't know yet, I've to look which system has other games I like)

thanks for your help