PDA

View Full Version : Guest character

Cesil08
Sep 23, 2004, 07:19 AM
I have one free space in my character sheet and I was thinking of making it a guest file so that if my friends forgot thier memory card they still can play. I would need a character that is well balanced(can use most of the different kinds of weapons and can use decent techs). I also need a I.D. to compliment is style of character.

Dhylec
Sep 23, 2004, 08:12 AM
no need to save for a slot for guest..
just use the 4 given slots, the game already reserved 3 extra slots for temp chars in multi mode

Nai_Calus
Sep 23, 2004, 08:45 AM
Actually READ the post next time, Dhylec. XD He said for if his friends forget their memory cards, implying that they won't be able to use the temp slots. XP

I suggest a balanced class. Probably a HUnewearl or a RAmarl or something like that would suit you best.

ID doesn't matter unless the character is starting the game, but for decent class/overall IDs, make a PURPLENUM RAmarl or a SKYLY/WHITILL HUnewearl.

DezoPenguin
Sep 23, 2004, 08:46 AM
If you wanted to use one of the four slots to keep an actual character on, though (for guests who don't have a memory card of their own), I'd suggest it be one of the following:

RAmarl or HUnewearl--as the best all-around characters, they're guaranteed to be compatible with whatever you play (If you use your HUmar, they can be the baby Force; if you play a force, they can shoot things) and offer your guest player the most option in playing style.

HUmar, RAcast, or HUcast--Not only do they have the lowest learning curve, they're also good for if the friend you invite over is male and gets all weird about playing a girl.

(and we all know there are those types out there...)

Dhylec
Sep 23, 2004, 09:29 AM
Ian-KunX wrote:
Actually READ the post next time, Dhylec. XD He said for if his friends forget their memory cards, implying that they won't be able to use the temp slots. XP

ian, the way he has it, the char is gone the next time a different pal comes over
that's why i suggest making use of all 4 slots

cesil, unless you are willing to remake a new char everytime, have your pals use the true temp slots =]

Tycho
Sep 23, 2004, 09:43 AM
Yesh. Unless you're planning to use them in Single Mode, make them go in a temp character slot (who cares if you delete them on the original memory card).

Miroku77
Sep 23, 2004, 12:34 PM
Just make 4 chars that u play with and when you freinds forget thier mem cards they can play with one of yours. It dosent need to be a "friend slot" Thats what i do and now i have 3 ult chars and 1 vhard char. as you can see in my signature.

EDIT:and FOnewm is the best class ever. weather it be in spells, swords and guns....DONT ARGUE WITH ME BOY!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Miroku77 on 2004-09-23 10:35 ]</font>

Ketchup345
Sep 23, 2004, 01:15 PM
On 2004-09-23 07:29, Dhylec wrote:

Ian-KunX wrote:

ian, the way he has it, the char is gone the next time a different pal comes over
that's why i suggest making use of all 4 slots

cesil, unless you are willing to remake a new char everytime, have your pals use the true temp slots =]

No. He wants to make one permanent character if a friend wants to play and didn't bring a Gamecube memory card with a PSO save.

And temp slots only work if you use 2 memory cards, which is why he wants to dedicate one slot on this memory card as a guest slot.

Cesil08
Sep 23, 2004, 03:40 PM
Thanks guys I was too lazy to go look my self.

P.S. I didn't want my friends using my characters that is why I did this and I couldn't think of anybody to put there for my own uses.