PDA

View Full Version : DDR Extreme US has been released.

Mixfortune
Sep 23, 2004, 03:33 PM
Songlist and modes can be found here:
http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=94345&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Brother picked it up yesterday, not too bad so far, although I do prefer the song selection screen on Max/Max2 and their aracde versions more than the rotating wheel version.

One of the things that sort of gets me is that they didn't include the option to turn off the corner buttons on the pad (triangle, square, cirlce, X), so it does make it more "difficult" to play than it really should (since X counts as down, etc.etc.)

Looking at the songlist, seems decent, but I may have to just go and get the import versions of Max, Max2, and Extreme in order to get more of the songs I would like to play. No practicing Paranoia Survivor/Paranoia Survivor Max for me anytime soon >_>...

Overall, it does seem a bit better than the US Max and Max2, feature wise, and maybe even song wise, but some things could have been improved with little work (especially for the corner button deactivation, which was present in earlier games as well).

I'm glad to see some of the Konamix ones on here as well, such as Drop Out and .59, due to the inclusion of speed modifiers, it will make them easier to make edits for. Not too bad overall, but I think I'm still going to get import Extreme along with this version.

Nai_Calus
Sep 23, 2004, 04:43 PM
Oh good gods...

Worst. Songlist. Ever.

Totally not interested. >_>

Mixfortune
Sep 23, 2004, 05:06 PM
On 2004-09-23 14:43, Ian-KunX wrote:
Oh good gods...

Worst. Songlist. Ever.

Totally not interested. >_>

Heheh.
This is why I'm still planning on getting the import version.
Pretty much all of the songs on the US version I'd want to play are on the import, and the import has more of what I'd want to play on a home version.

Yeah, lots of room for improvement there on the US version, but that was to be expected.

Nai_Calus
Sep 23, 2004, 06:39 PM
Yeah... Thing is, though, if I'm gonna play DDR, I'm gonna go to the arcade and play the damned real thing. We've got an Extreme machine, so I'll go bang out a few songs and have a good time.

Sayara
Sep 23, 2004, 07:10 PM
!!!

I like one of teh hidden songs... Ah well, At least Bad Routine is still here, http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mixfortune
Sep 23, 2004, 07:25 PM
On 2004-09-23 16:39, Ian-KunX wrote:
Yeah... Thing is, though, if I'm gonna play DDR, I'm gonna go to the arcade and play the damned real thing. We've got an Extreme machine, so I'll go bang out a few songs and have a good time.

That is very true.
Sometimes I just like to play edits or just play a few songs without having to drive out for it. And while it's true that to try and get a pad anywhere near the arcade version (metal, we have a cobalt flux here), it's quite expensive, especially for two pads for versus or double, and even then the home metal pads aren't quite the same thing as the arcade ones.

I do agree about the arcade being a lot better. Just nice to play a song or two at home every once in a while, and cost was split for each person to be just a little more than our average trip to the arcade every other week or so http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Extreme US still needs some improvements, though >_>

FIDELCASTRO
Sep 23, 2004, 08:54 PM
it has the YMCA.....does anyone know the songs on ultramix 2?

ETERNALFLAME
Sep 25, 2004, 01:45 AM
On 2004-09-23 13:33, Mixfortune wrote:
Songlist and modes can be found here:
http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=94345&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Brother picked it up yesterday, not too bad so far, although I do prefer the song selection screen on Max/Max2 and their aracde versions more than the rotating wheel version.

One of the things that sort of gets me is that they didn't include the option to turn off the corner buttons on the pad (triangle, square, cirlce, X), so it does make it more "difficult" to play than it really should (since X counts as down, etc.etc.)

Looking at the songlist, seems decent, but I may have to just go and get the import versions of Max, Max2, and Extreme in order to get more of the songs I would like to play. No practicing Paranoia Survivor/Paranoia Survivor Max for me anytime soon >_>...

Overall, it does seem a bit better than the US Max and Max2, feature wise, and maybe even song wise, but some things could have been improved with little work (especially for the corner button deactivation, which was present in earlier games as well).

I'm glad to see some of the Konamix ones on here as well, such as Drop Out and .59, due to the inclusion of speed modifiers, it will make them easier to make edits for. Not too bad overall, but I think I'm still going to get import Extreme along with this version.

damn it to hell that list sucks.i love DDR but this one i am not intrestested
in.my opinion is that i think that DDRmax had the best songs.four of my favorite songs are,'DEEP IN YOU','HOLIC','OVERBLAST',and'LOGIC DASH'.

DeathCheese87
Sep 26, 2004, 09:45 PM
They have a Junior Senior song!