PDA

View Full Version : The HUnewm and HUmarl

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Jul 2, 2002, 01:19 PM
I really wanted to see these new characters in the new GC PSO, unfortunately they didn't make it. I doubt they ever well since, I think, theres no other character possiblities and I don't think Sonic Team wants to give Hunter Choosing players more variety than Ranger and Force players.

I am right about there being no more character possiblities right? I heard the Newmans can't be Rangers for some reason and Andriods can't be Forces for obvious reasons.

TeamPhalanx
Jul 2, 2002, 01:26 PM
New classes would only water down the current game. I mean, you already have people debating about stats and stuff, and adding more would make it worse.

HUmarl is just too damn good. After all, RRR was the hero in the game.

As for RAnewm/newwearl, we really don't need weaker RAngers in the game.

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Jul 2, 2002, 01:34 PM
On 2002-07-02 11:26, TeamPhalanx wrote:
New classes would only water down the current game. I mean, you already have people debating about stats and stuff, and adding more would make it worse.

HUmarl is just too damn good. After all, RRR was the hero in the game.

As for RAnewm/newwearl, we really don't need weaker RAngers in the game.

Thats a matter of opinion. I think mroe classes would add more variety to the game, more options for players to choose from. I really hated when I would go into Lobbies and see nothign but countless HUmars in Black costumes.

One of the reasons i love the enw GC version of PSO is the large amount of costumes and the new addition of other classes. Personally, the only class I'm interest in is the FOmar ( I don't like playing as female chars) but, I like that fact that now there will be two new female classes to see in Lobbies.

Malkavian
Jul 2, 2002, 01:43 PM
Well 12 types of characters is quite high number for a role game

Ina
Jul 2, 2002, 01:47 PM
mmm......If they put that 2 new HU classes in, as u said, they'll have to put 2 more RA and FO in as well, or it'll b unfair. But what more races can u put into the FO class? they alrdy have fem+male human/newman.

May b what TeamPhalanx meant is that it'll b hard to assign stat for those 2 classes, for example HUmarl, less ATP than HUmar, less MST than HUnewearl, so if u want a tech-hunter, why dont u use HUnewearl? or a hunter-with-some-simple-tech, then HUmar. If u get what I mean.

Malkavian
Jul 2, 2002, 02:22 PM
What they can't do is put more HUnters than forces or rangers. And there aren't more choices for rangers and forces.
They preferred male human hunter and female newman hunter than reverse. But personally I preferred HUmarl and HUnewm heh

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Jul 2, 2002, 02:23 PM
Well what if I want a Tech Male Hunter? Anywho isn't more better? I myself stated previously that it would be unfair to give Hunter Choosing players 6 choices while Force and Ranger choosing players only got 4. But who said life was fair, eh?

Anywho I'd welcome the new classes if they ever came out, which I doubt.

TeamPhalanx
Jul 2, 2002, 02:31 PM
Adding new sub-classes is unnecessary. Adding more classes (summoner, fighter, ninja, etc.) would be welcome.

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Jul 2, 2002, 02:45 PM
On 2002-07-02 12:31, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Adding new sub-classes is unnecessary. Adding more classes (summoner, fighter, ninja, etc.) would be welcome.

Ok, first off the clases you named pretty much already exist. I Think most people agree that most physical classes fall under HUNTER. A HUNTER can be a Ninja if equiped right (and don't the the Hunter andriods look like ninjas anyways?). Also, a HUNTER can be a fighter. Actually what can of class is "Fighter"? thats pretty damn broad. I'm assuming you meant "MArtial artist" or Monk. As for Summoner, every one pretty much summons in PSO using the PBs (what else would you call them but Summons?).

Second off, I think most people would welcome the new "Sub Classes"

RedFox
Jul 2, 2002, 04:30 PM
a specially designed prototype robot that can only use weak zonde based techs wouldnt be too unfair imo. it would have to be much more delicate then the other robots but more durable then the FOrces... maybe more atp too.... but thats just me... la la laaa...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedFox on 2002-07-02 14:32 ]</font>

Ina
Jul 2, 2002, 04:43 PM
May b an android that has special unit slots for technique units? ie flamethrower=foie, sparkgun(?)=gizonde, etc

TeamPhalanx
Jul 2, 2002, 05:45 PM
Adding more sub-classes isn't doing much. The difference between them (stat/ability) are already too close.

If you play other mmorpgs like Everquest, there's a significant difference between the classes. Going by the traditional rpg sense, fighers are mega strong, but not very good at using weapons. Ninjas are fast and skilled, but not very strong. Summoners go for the KO punch, but are very weak.

Last_Saiyan
Jul 2, 2002, 05:51 PM
Folks, that's why Episode I/II has alot more customization to make your character less likely to look like Joe Bob's. I did always think it would be super cool to be able to scan and map your face on your character. *looks at some people in the office, nevermind....can the map, can the map!!!!

Greg
Jul 3, 2002, 09:38 AM
The differences between within the classes are so minimal that it really makes no difference. Instead of making 4 different types of each class, sega should concern themselves with making different classes

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Jul 3, 2002, 10:16 AM
On 2002-07-03 07:38, Greg wrote:
The differences between within the classes are so minimal that it really makes no difference. Instead of making 4 different types of each class, sega should concern themselves with making different classes

I must agree with Greg. But what class can they make? PRetty much any kinda of magician falls under Force. As for Physical Classes, they all pretty much fall under Hunter.

Malkavian
Jul 3, 2002, 10:45 AM
If ST should add something isn't more characters.
I hardly can think a role game with really more characters... never there is big differences between all characters.

In PSo there's 6 very differenced characters, and then the sex change makes up to 12 characters.
Maybe HUcast and HUmar are both hunters but is very different play as humar or hucast.
I know the difference between HUmar-HUnewearl or HUcast-HUcaseal isn't big. Is just a matter of look basically. And little differences.
This happens with rangers and fiorces too.
6 completely different types is really good.

Rubesahl
Jul 3, 2002, 10:48 AM
(note this may sound stupid and impossible but...)

I know! Magicians that have pets! Not necesarilly magicians, maybe the pet can be a machine or a BIG mag or a Rappy that transforms http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif (Super rappy!) Or something like that. Maybe a character that has the ability to use monsters to his advantage http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Also what happenned in PSO is that the classes are pretty much "simple" The refference of HUNTER covers a whole lot of areas in fighting type characters. Same with forces and rangers. Another thing is that in this game we don't have female-male in a way of course. Most games you pick a race, which has it's attributes, then you sex of the character, something that it is very different in PSO. Then you'd pick a class etc etc. Also about the Hunters getting HUnewm and HUmarl is because it will out-balance the game. There'd be a total of 6 in the Hunter class @____@ competing with 4 on Rangers and Forces. Of course I'd love for them to make more but there really isn't anything else we'll see in Forces and Rangers. More people would choose hunters if they do that. You'd go into a lobby full of hunters O___o

HUmar- For the majority and more for beginners but pretty much the ideal hunter in DC at least
HUmarl- For the girls or guys who like strong female characters
HUnewearl- the same reason above only with long ears http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
HUcast, HUcaseal- Androids, powerful, look very cool, can put traps http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Now look at the rest:

RAmar - People dislike them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif and most ignore them pretty much
RAmarl - Well dunno... We may be seeing more of these now and it'll help the ranger class tremendously for female players (as well for male players anyway = P)
RAcaseal - Yeah she's cute but most will preffer making a HUcaseal now. Not many like her too.
RAcast - I don't know why peoeple don't like Ranger androids really...

Now for Forces:

FOmar - Looks like this will liven up the force population, also boosting percentage of FOmarl
FOmarl - The perfect force for solo players. Not many of them either
FOnewm - People say they're ugly, weak, idiotic costumes, freaky, the list goes on http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif This is not something you see too often either
FOnewearl - And we have another cute one, specially the favorite of japanese players lol. But people probably make one and see how they fall to the floor and had to already use a monomate cause of one hit in the first time in forest. Same reason on FOnewm too.

So you can see, these classes need more than hunters already. There should be a balance. In other games you don't see thousands of hunter like characters. You see a little bit of everything. That's why I think HUnewm and HUnewearl shouldn't be added.
Hopefully Sonicteam will really change the stats so EVERY character when online will learn to appreciate how much you need each other.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubesahl on 2002-07-03 08:52 ]</font>

jello44
Jul 3, 2002, 11:59 AM
Personally, I would have liked to seen the HUmarl as a playable character, I mean Rico can't be the only one. And the Robotic force, well that's easy, I mean look at the Sinow Gold/Reds, they cast spells right, so it's possible.

Dangerous55
Jul 3, 2002, 02:26 PM
On 2002-07-03 08:16, Javier_Von_Fenrir wrote:

But what class can they make?

Archer. I had this idea for a LONG time. ARmar, people may remember him. They woudlnt just be simple bows, maybe ones that shoot 3,4,5 or 6 arrows. Depends on the bow or how many grinds it has.

Greg
Jul 3, 2002, 02:46 PM
Make the classes less general.
White Mage, Black Mage, Scout, Hunter, ect ect ect... As it stands right now if you use a blade you are a hunter, gun->ranger, wand->force... Break up the calsses a little more rather then assign minor statistical differences.

MarkXIII
Jul 3, 2002, 02:51 PM
I heard HUnewm and HUmarl will be in the Xbox version of PSO.

XBOX ROCKS!!

VulpesMundi
Jul 3, 2002, 02:55 PM
On 2002-07-03 12:26, Dangerous55 wrote:
Archer. I had this idea for a LONG time. ARmar, people may remember him. They woudlnt just be simple bows, maybe ones that shoot 3,4,5 or 6 arrows. Depends on the bow or how many grinds it has.

Wouldn't that basically just be introducing yet another bastardized version of the spread needle? For most players, that's the last thing they want to see. What would be more effective is elemental arrows. Perhaps make it a combination between a spell system and special attacks.

What really needs to be done for a bit more balance is an alternate spell system... a skill system if you will. Remove most if not all spells from the HUs and RAs and give them all varying skills based on their class instead. This game still suffers from too much Diablo-itis, in that all the classes are just too much of the same thing with varying stats and equipment limitations. Put more variety in and make each class different and special, that's the key to diversity in this game.

HUs should have less access to RA weapons. Force them to be melee fighters the majority of the time, like they're supposed to be. I love my mechguns, but even I admit it's awfully cheesy. Put one of those babies in the hands of a HU and you can kiss any critter's ass good-bye. There's no real strategy to that, just burst burst dead.

RA ATP and their weapons should generally be weakened a bit, and they should have less access to HU weapons. They're far too powerful for their applications when in the standard game (C-mode is another story). Too often RAs will pull out a HU weapon and, using their superior ATA, annihilate critters. They should be shooting critters from a safe distance, offerring cover fire for their companions. They have the uncanny ability to take their time killing critters, moreso than any other class.

As for the FOs, the addition of a spell specialization could be nice. Choose to specialize in either fire, ice, lightning, healing, offensive support, or defensive support. This would boost your skill with those specific spell types. And lets not forget giving forces the ability to actually do a decent amount of damage with spells in Ultimate mode. Also lower their ATP and limit their access to HU and RA weapons to keep them from being almost as offensively effective as HUs and RAs. Give them a reason to use their spells.

Just some thoughts...

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Jul 3, 2002, 03:50 PM
On 2002-07-03 12:51, MarkXIII wrote:
I heard HUnewm and HUmarl will be in the Xbox version of PSO.

XBOX ROCKS!!

Poor Delusional Xbox owner...

Anywho. I agree with Greg again. Sonic team made the Classes a bit too general. ARmar? Well whats keeping Sonic Team from simply giving the Hunters a Bow and Arrow?

Rubesahl
Jul 3, 2002, 05:19 PM
I think that's something we might see in PSO 2 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Hopefully

Rubesahl
Jul 3, 2002, 05:25 PM
On 2002-07-03 09:59, jello44 wrote:
Personally, I would have liked to seen the HUmarl as a playable character, I mean Rico can't be the only one. And the Robotic force, well that's easy, I mean look at the Sinow Gold/Reds, they cast spells right, so it's possible.

I just can't see an android do MAGIC. Magic usually has to do with living things, not machines. That Shifta and Deband could be seen more like a way of "upgrading" their systems more than a technique. Same for any other spell like Zonde, it could be shooting electricity and not magic. Sorry it just wouldn't look right. Forces are more mystical, not like machines.

Luc
Jul 4, 2002, 02:45 AM
A Monster Tamer(interesting twist), that would fall under the "FO" section, using magic to control monsters.

Mwahaha, how bout controlling your own dark falz, eh?

Why not add hybrids?(ie: half human half lizard creature?)it would fall under all catergories.

Darrin
Jul 5, 2002, 11:07 AM
I just made atopic on this http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif owell i should of scrolled down before I made it sorry

Darrin
Jul 5, 2002, 11:32 AM
If you go to my topic you can SEE thcharacters there is a link

Mag_Launcher
Jul 6, 2002, 06:52 PM
Actually, a FOcast/FOcaseal isn't such a far off idea.

TP: Energy
Foie spells: Flamethrowers
Zonde spells: Electric generators, Tesla coils
Barta spells: Liquid hydrogen cannons (or whatever it is that freezes stuff real damn fast.)
Resta/Anti/Reverser: Anti-biotic injections, and that thing hospitals use to get people's hearts going.
Ryuker: Telepipe generator.
Deband: Shields. Seen Star Trek? Star Wars?
Shifta: Power surging, overclocking, whatever would make him go faster or something...

I say robots are capable of doing every single technique but Grants and Megid.
Seeing how machinery isn't capable of creating Light and Dark energy.

Well, in the real world, there's no such thing as "Holy" Light and Dark energy, anyway.

Mag_Launcher
Jul 6, 2002, 06:55 PM
Actually, a FOcast/FOcaseal isn't such a far off idea.

TP: Energy
Foie spells: Flamethrowers
Zonde spells: Electric generators, Tesla coils
Barta spells: Liquid hydrogen cannons (or whatever it is that freezes stuff real damn fast.)
Resta/Anti/Reverser: Anti-biotic injections, and that thing hospitals use to get people's hearts going.
Ryuker: Telepipe generator.
Deband: Shields. Seen Star Trek? Star Wars?
Shifta: Power surging, overclocking, whatever would make him go faster or something...

I say robots are capable of doing every single technique but Grants and Megid.
Seeing how machinery isn't capable of creating Light and Dark energy.

Well, in the real world, there's no such thing as "Holy" Light and Dark energy, anyway.

Malkavian
Jul 6, 2002, 07:21 PM
<Look previous post http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

they could put enemies as selectable characters too.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Malkavian on 2002-07-06 17:25 ]</font>

Ironmonkey
Jul 6, 2002, 10:09 PM
Personally im against FO androids (even though androids could use techs in Phantasy Star 3).

What I would rather see is Androids have additional weapons attatched to their bodies, like Wren and Demi had in Phantasy Star 4. It would be especially cool if an android could project an energy barrier that would weaken enemy magic...like in Phantasy Star 4. A RAcast should be able to launch a few missiles every now and then.

Malkavian
Jul 7, 2002, 07:20 AM
traps are good enough