PDA

View Full Version : Glace Chapter 1

Split
Sep 25, 2004, 11:54 PM
Im new here and my first fanfic. Definitly post criticism, ideas, whatever. And so, Chapter 1 is upon us.

Chapter 1: Glace

"Name: Glace. Age:19 Class:HUmar. ID:Redria.
Armaments:Standstill shield,
Aura Field, Morning Glory, Lavis Blade...Oroagito...?"
"That's what the report said."
"I'm an experienced hunter, but I've
never heard of 'Oroagito'."
"Should we accept his application Sir?"
"....Fine. I read his description, and he
sounds interesting. Plant a transmitter in his
section ID plate."
"But sir, are you sure that's legal?"
"It is now."

Glace had been standing in the visual lobby for a long time now. He didn't know what could be taking them so long to review his Guild application, and he had been talking to a soldier named Gorem for about an hour or so. They were discussing bladed weapons, particularly the sword called Kamui.
"Hmmm. I wonder what happened to those swords anyway? inquired Glace.
"I heard that a Force named Miguel, who uses a replica of the fourth legendary sword, accompanied Great Sword Zoke's android servant on a job to find him. They found Zoke's body in the ruins, with deep photon gashes in his stomach and lower back, along with all three of his swords. They returned them to the guild. Nobody knows what became of the android, and the swords dissapeared from the guild two days later." Gorem said. "We'd suspected Miguel had stolen them, until 2nd squadron found him dead in the underground mines. He didn't even have his own sword with him."
Glace smiled. For snug in his belt was a red box, housing a sword identified as Oroagito in the ALGOL database.
"Miguel, huh? I think I remember someone named Miguel. He was a FOnewm, HTC, graduating class '27. He only registered as a force to back up meleeing with high level tech.
"You knew him?"
"He was actually a nice guy, but he was kind of a wierd guy, always muttering to himself. I don't know what lab he was created in, but he told me it wasn't on Coral."
"It was probably located on Motovia or something."

*Hunter Glace, please report to the hunter's guild within 5 minutes*

That was Glace's cue. For he was a rather impatient man, so he wasted no time arriving at the guild. He could tell it was close to closing time. The lady at the counter looked like she was half asleep, slumped back in a photon chair. Documents and applications were scattered all over the desks in the adjacent room. Hunter Application Day was infamous as a monthly terror in the guild, so naturally it was not a good day to look for an assignment.
Glace stepped towards the guild counter lady.
"Hi, could you tell me where I-"
"Door on the left," she said tiredly. "Leo Grahart is waiting for you."
This struck Glace off guard. For one, she was usually quite cheerful, and she had had conversations with Glace before. Also, Leo Grahart's job wasn't to interview applicants. It was strange that such a famous person would be meeting him.
"Umm...thanks, I guess,"
**Leo Grahart? Why is he waiting for me?**
Glace turned and headed into the door. A man with a beard and a rather tight jaw was sitting in a photon chair, staring up at him with piercing green eyes.
"You must be Glace."
"Ummm yeah. Hi." Glace awkwardly extended his hand. Leo Grahart refused it.
"You're Mr. Grahart, right?"Glace dropped his hand to his side."Pleased to meet you."
Grahart continued to examine him. He extended a red disk.
"Redria. At least, that's what the computer said. And call me Leo. Not exactly a name I'm proud of, but it doesn't matter."
Glace took the disk out of his hand and slowly placed in the empty socket on his chest. It illuminated with a bright red light, then faded.
"How would you like to start? There are a few government jobs floating around out there."
"Sir-"
"Leo."
"...Right. Leo. Why did you meet me personally?"
"That's not for you to know. So how about a simple government job. A scientist named Panz wants you to take data on ruins creatures. A HUcast named Noble will accompany you. Do you accept?"
"Fine....question dodger."
Grahart flashed a rare smile.

WraithVerge
Sep 29, 2004, 10:48 PM
Nice start. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Nothing wrong with it, course it is a short introductary piece. Can't wait to see more! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Split
Sep 30, 2004, 04:11 PM
On 2004-09-29 20:48, WraithVerge wrote:
Nice start. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Nothing wrong with it, course it is a short introductary piece. Can't wait to see more! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I have sort of a fan! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_ak.gif...I mean...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Split on 2004-09-30 14:12 ]</font>

WraithVerge
Sep 30, 2004, 05:28 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ... remember, just because people don't respond, doesn't mean they're not reading!

but yeah its nice to have someone throw a steak to the starving dog compliment in when you're just starting out. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Split
Oct 1, 2004, 06:57 PM
Okay, chapter 2 then. Thoughts, criticism, anything. I dont have much of a fanbase, but I aim to plz.

Chapter 2: Noble Heart.

"How'd it go commander? What did
he say?"
"Hmmm...he didnt talk much. He seemed
rather uneasy around me. Maybe I was
wrong."
"Well, maybe, but we should keep monitoring
him. He could have something to do
with that other kid we were monitoring."
"......"

Noble stood in the guiet, lonely forest, enjoying a rare, peaceful moment. Cherry blossoms where being whimsically and endlessly tossed from trees. Such a serene sanctuary, would seem like the very last place you'd find a violent, aggressive beast. He was supposed to meet his client here, along with someone named Glace.
:;Glace....;:
:;Glace....;:
:;Glace (n.): French word meaning ice cream;:
The android stifled a rather mechanical sounding laugh. He hadn't really interacted with humans much. It was something to look forward to....

Glace was once again stuck waiting in the visual lobby for his client, Dr. Slain. He was a FOmar, but he had clearly stated in the BEE message that he did not intend to fight. Like many docters, he probably registered as a hunter so that Ragol would not be restricted to him.

*Hunter Glace, your client has arrived*

**Here we go**Glace thought.**Looks like Lavis is gonna get quite a workout, though. With these sorts of agressive mammals"Monster research" pretty much means "Go kill some monsters".
Glace stepped into the guild. A man draped in robes stood near the counter with a calm look on his face.
"Umm...Are you Dr. Slain?"He said to the man.
"Why, yes...and you are?" The tone in this man's voice could probably paint him as certifiably insane. He sounded somewhat like a witch from old movies, only slightly more masculine sounding.
"I'm Glace. I'm the guy who took your job."
"Ahhh...Glace..."
"Haha...ummm" **oh god.**

A burning wind flowed through the forest now, whispering in Noble's E.A.R. The forest all of a sudden seemed less peaceful. A crack suddenly ripped through the earth, and a rumbling sound began to spill out of it.
"Oh...my..."
The crack widened into a full blown hole, and a large, turtle-like monster leapt from its bowels. It gave an earth shattering battlecry.
"Oh, shit!"
Noble reached for a small, red box tucked inside a hatch on his leg. It dissolved, and began to reshape itself like a jigsaw puzzle into a large, rusty blade with a sort of lever on it. This was Zanba. Noble swung the mighty blade, cleaving through the hard flesh of the beast know as a barble. Blood poured from the wound as the thing screamed in pain. It rained two massive sets of claws down on Noble's finned head. Noble hopped backwards and brought his blade across for an attempt at landing the kill blow.
"Ahhhh!!!" Zanba once again sailed through the tough skin of the monstrous Bartle, utterly incapacitating it. Noble stared down at the wounds he had carved in the creature's flesh with unfeeling eyes. He had felt no remorse in cutting down this creature, for he had nothing behind his red chestplate that could contain emotion.
"I see you have done the job for us," an odd voice from behind seemed to be indicating Noble, who looked over. A HUmar clad in white and holding two exotic blue blades, and an unarmed FOmar stood behind him. Both watched him with intent eyes.
The HUmar stepped forward.
"Hey, you must be my partner, Noble," The HUmar advanced on him, and held his hand out. Noble, about two heads taller than him, refused the hand.
**Damnit! Why are people so impolite around here?**
Glace, backpedaled, seeing that this android was hardly normal. He had deep slash marhs all over his body, and the circuits on his left arm were partially exposed. He held the blade Zanba in his hand, a one of a kind sword that was said to have been used by Dolph Bonz long ago.
"Tell me something old man. Why did you send me here with this...human? Your job description said that we were doing research on the ruins monsters."
The scientist looked up at the large HUcast, laughing in a maniacal fashion.
"Your name is Noble is it?"
"Old man-"
"You look like a rather strong fellow, you've got a nice sturdy back on you,"
**Is he...coming on to him?"
Just then, the ground started to give way again.
Glace held up his Lavis blades in a Kenpo-esque manner.
"I don't have time for this!"

Five large monsters burst from the broken earth, smelling the blood that continued to ooze from the wounds in their dying comrade...