PDA

View Full Version : New Sonic games!

Deathscythealpha
Jul 2, 2002, 04:19 PM
From Planet Dreamcast:

"Sega of America has announced new Sonic The Hedgehog titles today for the Nintendo GameCube and GameBoy Advance. With shipments of Sonic Adventure 2: Battle and Sonic Advance recently reaching 1 million, new Sonic titles are on the way -- Sonic Mega Collection and a new Sonic Adventure for the GameCube, and Sonic Advance 2 for the GBA. No details have been released on these new games as of yet, but Sega will be making announcements in the near future."

AHHHHHHHHHHHH, I cant wait! Im a massive Sonic fan and i just gotta get all these games!

Sonic Mega Collection? Sonic Jam 2? Gah, gotta have all the classics on Gamecube!

*head burst's through uncontrollable excitement*

watashiwa
Jul 2, 2002, 05:16 PM
How does it feel to be Sonic's bitch? ;)

Last_Saiyan
Jul 2, 2002, 05:24 PM
Well for one thing, forget protection because that hedgehog is so fast he'll burn the rubber....Hahahah...burn rubber!!!..hehehe..hehe...hee..I'll leave now.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jul 2, 2002, 05:56 PM
Ah nuts, they already made me broke with PSO...

Daikarin
Jul 2, 2002, 06:24 PM
Another motive to consider the cube worth buying. Since Sonic CD, I've always been keen on playing the hedgehog's bullet-speed games.

I still remember the old days... admiring the scenery grafics, trying to go faster in order to travel in time, running 3D on the special stages, watching the anime cut-scenes, listening to the great game soundtrack, racing Mecha Sonic... and continuosly watching the end scene. Sonic CD was really something...

Last_Saiyan
Jul 2, 2002, 06:29 PM
I really hated the underwater stages, my Sonic must've swallowed an ocean!!!

Gryph
Jul 2, 2002, 06:47 PM
The Sonic Adventure game they're talking about is the original that was on DC.
I would assume they'll add some nice extras though. Maybe some Nintendo characters for the little cart race game. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Last_Saiyan
Jul 2, 2002, 06:52 PM
Does anyone remember till when did Dr. Robotnik changed his name to Eggman? It's strange but King Koopa went to Bowser also. I wonder if Falz will change his name also hehehe.

MarkXIII
Jul 2, 2002, 07:48 PM
On 2002-07-02 16:47, Gryph wrote:
The Sonic Adventure game they're talking about is the original that was on DC.
I would assume they'll add some nice extras though. Maybe some Nintendo characters for the little cart race game. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sega corrected this mistake today, it is going to be a completely new game. http://www.gamers.com reported it this morning.

DragoonX
Jul 2, 2002, 09:29 PM
I really wished that they could also bring Sonic to all systems, espeacially XBOX. I got the Xbox for 3 reasons:
1. It's the better out of all the systems although there's not a lot of games out right now I think that it'll get a whole lot more.
2. Panzer Dragoon Orta was only comin to the Xbox and I HAD to have that game after playing the first 3.
3. It plays PSO ep. 1 & 2 better than the gamecube because it was built for online play and even Naka himself said that it's a huge improvement for PSO to have a voice communicator.

Falkon
Jul 2, 2002, 10:15 PM
On 2002-07-02 16:52, Last_Saiyan wrote:
Does anyone remember till when did Dr. Robotnik changed his name to Eggman? It's strange but King Koopa went to Bowser also. I wonder if Falz will change his name also hehehe.

Already did, he was Dark Force in the original Phantasy Star games. =P

Alielle
Jul 2, 2002, 10:19 PM
Eggman was Robotnik's name in the first place. I guess ST was too lazy to properly explain that.

I am the eggman.
They are the eggmen.
I am the walrus.
Coo-coo-cachoo.

watashiwa
Jul 2, 2002, 10:35 PM
On 2002-07-02 20:15, Falkon wrote:

Wrong. He was Dark Falz before he was Dark Force. Go play AND complete Phantasy Star 1, you n00b!

TedEdFred
Jul 2, 2002, 10:49 PM
im a n00b!

Vitamin_D
Jul 2, 2002, 11:30 PM
Cool. I already have Sonic Jam though...and have no GBA...so I'll just grab the new Sonic Adventure.

watashiwa
Jul 3, 2002, 01:55 AM
On 2002-07-02 20:49, TedEdFred wrote:
im a n00b!

But such a lovable one. *huggle slash grope*

Falkon
Jul 3, 2002, 08:51 AM
On 2002-07-02 20:35, watashiwa wrote:

On 2002-07-02 20:15, Falkon wrote:

Wrong. He was Dark Falz before he was Dark Force. Go play AND complete Phantasy Star 1, you n00b!

Fine, BE PICKY! I was semi-right in that respect then. He was Falz, then he was Force, and then he was Falz again...yeah. O_o

I've only played PSIV and PSO, so hush. o_o

BWS-1
Jul 3, 2002, 04:40 PM
As long as the new Sonic titles generates a price drop for the alrready out Sonic Advance ... No really it's way to expencive for what it is, I mean dam, all the GBA games ends up more expencive then the DC games.

Deathscythealpha
Jul 4, 2002, 05:32 PM
Sonic's bitch ready and posting, lol.

Dunno whats going on with this new Sonic Adventure though. Is it the original, is it new? Am i confused even more then i usually am? Oh well, i buy it anyway http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif .

And Bowser has always been Bowser in the Mario games. I think his name was changed for te cartoons or something daft.

Gryph
Jul 6, 2002, 09:49 PM
Just found out my original statement was true. The Sonic Adventure game is gonna be the original. There was a misunderstanding between SOA and Sonc Team. lol

Deathscythealpha
Jul 7, 2002, 12:29 PM
Still buying it!

And Planet Dreamcast just posted this:

"GameCube-Europe has got a hold of a list of Sonic The Hedgehog titles that will appear in Sega's upcoming Sonic Mega Collection for the GameCube. Here is the list:

Sonic The Hedgehog (Megadrive - 1991)
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (Megadrive - 1992)
Sonic CD (Sega CD - 1993)
Sonic The Hedgehog 3 (Megadrive - 1994)
Sonic & Knuckles (Megadrive - 1994)
Sonic 3D Blast (Saturn - 1996)
Sonic R (Saturn - 1997)
Sonic Shuffle (Dreamcast - 2000)
Speculated: Sonic Drift (Gamegear - 1995)

These titles haven't been officially confirmed by Sega as of yet, but should give you a good indication what we'll be seeing in the collection."

*explodes again at the thought of all those Sonic games on gamecube*

If all them games are in the package, i expect it will come on several disks, Sonic Shuffle must take up quite a bit conisdering it was on a DC GD-Rom. May be wrong though...

*Sonics bitch goes back to waiting for the new (old, whatever) Sonic Games*

DarkMilitia
Jul 7, 2002, 12:34 PM
am i the only one that thinks that the sonic adventure games are BORING?!! especially two player, i mean come on. who wants to race hedgehogs?! thats just silly. i traded my gamecube copy in for gauntlet dark legacy...thats how much i disliked sonic.

Deathscythealpha
Jul 7, 2002, 05:06 PM
*Stares at Darkmiltia*
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, arrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhh! Ill kill you heathen! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Nah only joking http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif everyones open to there opinion. But i just cant get enough of Sonic.

Yamauchi
Jul 10, 2002, 05:13 AM
I'd just like to make a few points.

Firstly, as its already been stated, it is indeed the original Sonic Adventure, but the World Hobby Fair is being held this weekend where the Sonic Mega Collection and Sonic Advance 2 will be displayed as well as more details on Sonic Adventure 1 for the GCN. Not only this, it is expected by most sites and Japanese magazines that Sega will announce information on the next incarnation of Sonic the Hedgehog. Something entirely new.

If I was a betting man, I would say this weekend they'll announce a new Sonic game, and this game won't be SA3. I believe the Adventure series is now dead, and I believe this new Sonic game will either be GCN exclusive or multiplatform (in other words, not PS2 or Xbox exclusive, and it will be coming to the GCN no matter what). Why do I believe this? Sonic Adventure 2 (a port) has sold 1 million copies on the GameCube, and Sonic Advance has sold 1 million copies on the GBA, a huge number for a GBA game. This is all just my stupid speculation though, don't get mad and don't get your hopes up.

Ziggy-san
Jul 10, 2002, 12:53 PM
Ookyoo! I haven't played Sonic CD before, but it sounds great! Sonics 1, 2, 3, and S+K are all excellent, and would be great to play agin on the GameCube! ^^ The rest will be cool to play, too. :P I wouldn't be as thrilled if they re-released SA1 though. I didn't find that game all that great. I mean, it was fun for the first four stages before it got kinda old. Plus, I already have it for Dreamcast :P

Daikarin
Jul 10, 2002, 01:28 PM
On 2002-07-10 10:53, Ziggy-san wrote:
Ookyoo! I haven't played Sonic CD before, but it sounds great!

Not just the sound, the rest is just as great (:P lol...).
Imagine Sonic 2... with anime cut-scenes, special audio metal-techno music and more than 60 levels, the best you've ever seen 2D. And imagine also a special level where you race Mecha Sonic. Not to mention the 3D special stage which makes me go nuts

Since my game CD got screwed, I'm searching for the image of the game.

Greg
Jul 10, 2002, 01:38 PM
Personally I think Retro Gaming is not too much fun. I'd rather play new stuff then play stuff I have already played (I've had consoles sense the Atari 2600 so I've pretty much played it all). Rather then companies going back and releasing older games again I'd much rather have something new. As for the new sonic game it better have a better camera then Sonic Adventure 2. There is no excuse for Sonic Team to release it like that in japan (seeing how high profile sonic is) let alone in the US as well.

Deathscythealpha
Jul 10, 2002, 04:46 PM
The camra, my one bain of my Sonic Adventure 2 playing. It wouldnt be so bad if it didnt move around all the time.

Yamauchi, i dont mind if its Sonic Adventure, that game ruled. I prefered it slightly more then number 2 as the story was built up better.

Ziggy, Sonic CD rules. The music rocks, the 2D graphics rock, the cutscenes rock. It all rocks. I own 2 copies, one for the pc and the original mega cd version. My mega cd version is better cause it does have the naff US intro music.

cruizer
Jul 10, 2002, 04:51 PM
I really don't like sonic games. The one for gamecube and dreamcast were better than the previous ones but they're all way to short and boring.

Deathscythealpha
Jul 12, 2002, 05:12 PM
More news on the new Sonic Games;

"Sonic Team has announced, via their official website, the list of games included in the Sonic Mega Collection for the GameCube. Check it out.

Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Sonic The Hedgehog 3
Sonic & Knuckles
Sonic 3D Blast
Doctor Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
Sonic Spinball"

Sadly no Sonic CD. Oh well, least they got some of the classics there.

Theres also some new screenshots at http://www.planetdreamcast.com of Sonic Mega Collection and Sonic Advance 2.

And there should be some more info on Sonic Adventure GC over the weekend, hooray for Japanese toy fair.