PDA

View Full Version : Remake Final Fantasy 7?

TheOneHero
Sep 26, 2004, 04:32 PM
All right, I was talking with a few friends and the idea was brought up about having Final Fantasy 7 remade with today's technology. With FF-X graphics for the cut scenes Tifa would look uber hot. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Anyway, so what do you guys think? I'm not a big fan of having games remade unless they are done properly and not ruined. Though I'm still kinda iffy about having such a great game remade; I feel it might lose some of its 'classic'.

geewj
Sep 26, 2004, 04:42 PM
I want to say I would prefer that they remake 5 or 6...but I know they would only fuck them up, and some how get love, friendship, and trust to be the major plot points, so nevermind. I like em how they are.

Evil_Althena8
Sep 26, 2004, 04:45 PM
I agree with frink that I'd rather see 6 remade. 7 would be cool though, I have talked about it with my friends also. They would remake 7 only because it's considered the most succesful Final Fantasy and it would probably sell. But 6 remade...would be awesome

Shadowpawn
Sep 26, 2004, 04:48 PM
I would only want to see SquareEnix remake it for Tifa... I know I'm a prevert...so.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-26 14:49 ]</font>

DarthFomar
Sep 26, 2004, 04:56 PM
A Final Fantasy VII remake would be pretty cool. Though aren't they already making a continuation of that story, just different playable characters?

Shadowpawn
Sep 26, 2004, 05:16 PM
On 2004-09-26 14:56, DarthFomar wrote:
A Final Fantasy VII remake would be pretty cool. Though aren't they already making a continuation of that story, just different playable characters?

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=90390&forum=9&28

Here you go Darth, that should answer your question.

Eanae
Sep 26, 2004, 05:19 PM
Seriously, Square Enix should let FFVII rest in piece. It died forever ago. Advent Children was cool. then they make a game thats gonna take place after it. If they go and remake the original now, I'll kill them all.

TheOneHero
Sep 26, 2004, 05:23 PM
On 2004-09-26 15:16, Shadowpawn wrote:

On 2004-09-26 14:56, DarthFomar wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=90390&forum=9&28

Here you go Darth, that should answer your question.

If Tifa makes an appearance in it; I will be very happy. *Day dreams*

Though I doubt it. *Runs to ebay to buy PS2*

Genoa
Sep 26, 2004, 06:07 PM
That's a shame... if they removed Tifa from FFVII, alot of people wouldn't even like it. *shame shame*

FFVIII on the other hand..., naw I won't get into that.

I think they would have to make Tifa ubber hot or else the game would get horrible reviews.

Eihwaz
Sep 26, 2004, 06:26 PM
I would love to see a remake of FFVI, with voice-acting and 3D cutscenes, it would be fucking amazing.

Guile
Sep 26, 2004, 09:11 PM
Sure I'd love to play the game in better graphics.

Guntz348
Sep 26, 2004, 09:35 PM
I agree mostly with frink. If they remade the old ones they would just totally ruin them. Then again they ruined the series when 7 came out, in my eyes. I don't see how you can make the game any worse though so it wouldn't really matter.

goku4ever
Sep 27, 2004, 09:51 AM
I think if ff7 looked like ff10 it would suck. I hated the look of ff10.

KaFKa
Sep 27, 2004, 10:41 AM
i would kill to see a remade ff6 done right. even thought its impossible.

id like to see a remake of 7. add some stuff, fix some stuff. it would make a decent game. at least one i would play.

TR-808
Sep 28, 2004, 10:52 AM
oh god, if they re-make that game i might not leave my house ever again......of course its not like I go out that much anyway.

HotWaterDeath
Sep 28, 2004, 11:03 AM
Just let the game die already! Its like a bad penny that always turns up no matter how hard you try to get rid of it.

I wish I had a dollar for everytime some gaming community started yapping about that game. I'd buy out the worlds supply of laughing gas and douse this land with "happiness".

BogusKun
Sep 28, 2004, 03:35 PM
On 2004-09-26 19:35, Guntz348 wrote:
I agree mostly with frink. If they remade the old ones they would just totally ruin them. Then again they ruined the series when 7 came out, in my eyes. I don't see how you can make the game any worse though so it wouldn't really matter.

I'd still play it though.

Shadowpawn
Sep 28, 2004, 04:30 PM
It would be nice to see it remade. I would to see http://www.geocities.com/ellestalle/GIF_folder/sephiroth.gif and (sorry I don't have a .gif of) Cloud fight with the enhanced graphics. They should also add some things to it, I wouldn't want to play the exact same game again.

Nai_Calus
Sep 28, 2004, 04:48 PM
On 2004-09-26 16:26, Eihwaz wrote:
voice-acting

Oh FUCK no. >_< We'd all have to import JP PS2s, because the dub voice acting would be godfucking AWFUL. *shudder* *imagines Terra sounding like US Yuna, or worse, Rikku, and collapses sobbing* MAKE IT GO AWAY, MOMMY, MAKE IT GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!! ;_;

Outrider
Sep 28, 2004, 04:56 PM
On 2004-09-26 19:35, Guntz348 wrote:

Amen, brother.

On 2004-09-26 16:07, MegamanX wrote:
FFVIII on the other hand..., naw I won't get into that.

If you ask me, that's what Final Fantasy X was... a failed attempt at recreating FFVIII.

Jason
Sep 29, 2004, 08:40 AM
On 2004-09-26 15:19, Eanae wrote:
Seriously, Square Enix should let FFVII rest in piece. It died forever ago.

That's not true. I'm still seeing this game in stores, and its popularity definitely haven't died. In PSO, I've see Cloud(s) and Sephiroth(s) around. And with Advent Children out, it makes the popularity last more.

Genoa
Sep 29, 2004, 05:03 PM
The topic "The Decline of Video Gaming" is perfect for this thread, I recomend watching the video, here's a link, it's pretty funny... and has to do with all sorts of games that are being made HORRIBLY WRONG (that started of with a really good series... until it became a series)

http://www.flashplayer.com/animation/declineofvideogaming.html

BogusKun
Sep 29, 2004, 11:09 PM
And even if the game changed dramatically with the latest graphics for a realistic look... you'd still play. Even those who critisize.

I wouldn't played the game at all haven't it been for not having a friend to play Tekken with me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Quo
Sep 30, 2004, 12:03 AM
I don't really care about graphics; it just not the defining element of a game for me. If they remade FF7 they'd need to make it harder. I haven't played much of the final fantasies before 7, so I can't say if it ruined the series. I have played a lot of old school RPGs (on the old school systems) and a lot of recent - current RPGs on the new-fangled systems, so I can say that FF7 ruined the RPG genre by providing a watered-down standard for all 3D RPGs to come after it. It was just too easy. Set your materia up correctly and you could attack Ruby weapon (or any creature really) once, walk away, and come back 10 minutes later to watch the beast die. My brethren, these things ought not to be.

Myopathy
Sep 30, 2004, 02:53 AM
I don't see the point in remaking FF7. A lot of what made FF7 what it was relied on the graphics at the time. I mean the "Cloud head-scratch" couldn't possibly look funny if they did it with good graphics and made it look real. And the shrug?

And if you guys just want a remake to get a better picture of Tifa, I don't think any remake on a game console could beat the graphics in Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children. So look no further than there.

Eat your heart out kids:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/Ezellaur/Advent%20Children/Tifa2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/Ezellaur/Advent%20Children/Tifa1.jpg

Capricornus
Sep 30, 2004, 06:48 AM
I dont mind sequels at all like they did for FFX-2, but Im completely against remaking an old classic game with new graphics when it comes to the Final Fantasy series.

Remaking a game with completely new graphics ruins the spirit and cuteness of the original game.
I still remember the FF6 remake for PS1, and the new movies about the characters they made (although very nice) just didnt fit IMO.
The cute little Locke and Celes I knew suddenly didnt fit anymore with the new movies and I had a feeling of the game being raped by the new remakes they made to it.

Hrith
Sep 30, 2004, 07:07 AM
I'd like a FFVIII remake a lot better.

Nai_Calus
Sep 30, 2004, 07:13 AM
On 2004-09-30 05:07, Kef wrote:

With a completely new cast of characters, a completely new plot, and a completely new magic/battle system! Yeah! Awesome!

saint_beast
Sep 30, 2004, 10:59 AM
On 2004-09-30 05:13, Ian-KunX wrote:

On 2004-09-30 05:07, Kef wrote:

With a completely new cast of characters, a completely new plot, and a completely new magic/battle system! Yeah! Awesome!

Yeah, I agree. it would be fucking awesome. But FFX is definitely the end result of what happens when you try to make a clone of FF7. If I had a dollar for everytime I heard someone say how much Final Fantasy 10 sucks, I'd be richer than the richest man AND woman in America (my riches would far surpass theirs). I meant this literally, thats how many times I heard this.

Outrider
Sep 30, 2004, 11:45 AM
On 2004-09-30 08:59, saint_beast wrote:
Yeah, I agree. it would be fucking awesome. But FFX is definitely the end result of what happens when you try to make a clone of FF7. If I had a dollar for everytime I heard someone say how much Final Fantasy 10 sucks, I'd be richer than the richest man AND woman in America (my riches would far surpass theirs). I meant this literally, thats how many times I heard this.

What are you talking about? Final Fantasy X is by far the closest game to Final Fantasy VIII... no idea what you're talking about when you refer to it as a clone of FFVII.

I mean, jeez... Nomura even had to copy all of FFVIII's character designs to make the FFX characters!

Elvendar
Sep 30, 2004, 06:50 PM
I'd rather they remake something worth remaking.

Aredhel
Sep 30, 2004, 08:50 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

FF7 remake would be excellent... if they just revamped the graphics and NOTHING else, it would be a sure-fire way to get $50 off of me. Especially if they released it on the PC http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

FF6 could be interesting - I'm surprised that I actually agree that it *could* ruin the game - but if they took the story and characters and just did new graphics, I think it could still be quite playable.

I like to equate this thought to the Resident Evil remake for the GC... it fucking ruled. No doubt - it was a great game made exponentially better. Partly, because they added new stuff it was worth playing again and again. Perhaps if they added new things to a FF7 remake it would be even cooler?

How about the ability to resurrect Aeris?! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif

(I'm surely going to Hell for that last statement)

TheOneHero
Sep 30, 2004, 09:00 PM
On 2004-09-30 18:50, Aredhel wrote:

How about the ability to resurrect Aeris?! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif

(I'm surely going to Hell for that last statement)

No, fear not you shall not go to Hell.

We will just stick you in KaFKa's harem and let him do what he pleases. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

About your other post I feel the same. Just as long as they don't put like...a lot of little minigames as seen nowdays in most remakes. :/

Outrider
Sep 30, 2004, 09:19 PM
On 2004-09-30 18:50, Aredhel wrote:
I like to equate this thought to the Resident Evil remake for the GC... it fucking ruled. No doubt - it was a great game made exponentially better. Partly, because they added new stuff it was worth playing again and again. Perhaps if they added new things to a FF7 remake it would be even cooler?

The difference is that the original Resident Evil was pretty much a paper-thin game at the beginning. Some people fight zombies, corporate conspiracy, whatever. I dunno how closely you follow the storyline, but the first Resident Evil basically had little to it, so the other games had to fill in the storyline for that game afterwards.

What might work, in my mind, are the remakes for Final Fantasy I+II that're coming out on GBA. Apparently they've got slightly more stuff to them. These were basic games when they were first made. Making an alternate version with a bit more story to them? I can handle that.

saint_beast
Oct 2, 2004, 09:14 AM
On 2004-09-30 09:45, Outrider wrote:

On 2004-09-30 08:59, saint_beast wrote:

What are you talking about? Final Fantasy X is by far the closest game to Final Fantasy VIII... no idea what you're talking about when you refer to it as a clone of FFVII.

I mean, jeez... Nomura even had to copy all of FFVIII's character designs to make the FFX characters!

I'll restate that to a clone of Final Fantasy 8 then. But it still sucks though.

Tycho
Oct 2, 2004, 11:12 PM
Yeah, they should remake it. Cube please.

And um, no voice acting, UNLESS they're keeping the original voices. Thank you Square-Enix.

Outrider
Oct 3, 2004, 12:09 PM
On 2004-10-02 21:12, Tycho wrote:

And um, no voice acting, UNLESS they're keeping the original voices. Thank you Square-Enix.

Um... what do you mean by original voices? You mean the ones they're using for Advent Children?

Shadowpawn
Oct 3, 2004, 12:13 PM

I think there should be no voice acting period, I don't want to hear Mandy Moore voice Aeris again...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-10-03 10:14 ]</font>

Outrider
Oct 3, 2004, 12:52 PM
On 2004-10-03 10:13, Shadowpawn wrote:

I think there should be no voice acting period, I don't want to hear Mandy Moore voice Aeris again...

Dude, Lance Bass actually did a good job on Sephiroth. I mean sure, it was all just grunts and stuff, but he sounded evil.

Xaos127
Oct 5, 2004, 11:21 AM
you people do know that they tried to remake it on
Drum roll............. Mobile!!!
Well really its a Prequel(sp?). Set before the great adventures of FFVII. Its only gonna be released on the mobile that appears in Advent Children and only in japan, s yay!!

Also id like to add that yeah i agree FFX is a bad remake of the worst FF game in the series by far FFVIII. Also FFX-2 in my mind is a game for the lonely males......

Shadowpawn
Oct 5, 2004, 11:48 AM
On 2004-10-05 09:21, Xaos127 wrote:
you people do know that they tried to remake it on
Drum roll............. Mobile!!!
Well really its a Prequel(sp?). Set before the great adventures of FFVII. Its only gonna be released on the mobile that appears in Advent Children and only in japan, s yay!!

Also id like to add that yeah i agree FFX is a bad remake of the worst FF game in the series by far FFVIII. Also FFX-2 in my mind is a game for the lonely males......

I hear of it. It's a prequel involving the Turks. I though it was out already. FFX is not all bad, I liked the ending and the fact that there was on world map was annoying however but overall the story did keep me hooked long enough to play to the end. FFX-2, I've never played it.

For me, a sequel to the game really threw off the main purpose for the story (and it's ending) in the first one. It's like making a sequel to FFVI for the purpose of reviving Aeris.

TheOneHero
Oct 5, 2004, 11:54 AM
On 2004-10-05 09:48, Shadowpawn wrote:
I hear of it. It's a prequel involving the Turks. I though it was out already.

Before Crisis is what it's called I think.

And if someone mentios reviving Aries again... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif My brother made a movie about her dying...I'll try to get it from him and post it.

Daikarin
Oct 5, 2004, 03:08 PM
I don't know if some of you know about this already, but there was a team doing a remake of chrono trigger. Unfortunately, due to Square-Enix filing a lawsuit against them if they didn't stop, they ceased the project.

Looking damn good, sadly.

http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/

Shadowpawn
Oct 5, 2004, 03:14 PM
On 2004-10-05 13:08, Even_Jin wrote:
I don't know if some of you know about this already, but there was a team doing a remake of chrono trigger. Unfortunately, due to Square-Enix filing a lawsuit against them if they didn't stop, they ceased the project.

Looking damn good, sadly.

http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/

I got an idea, let's all kill Square-Enix for stopping this wonderful game!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif Damn, I can't believe they sued them. Too bad they were using the copyrighted characters for the game, maybe if they convinced Square-Enix to hire them they could do a remake. That would be nice, but not likely.