PDA

View Full Version : Resisting the urge. A FO's struggle to 200.

Mystil
Sep 27, 2004, 06:14 PM
It doesn't matter how long it takes, I WILL take my FO there. Even if it appears that it will take this year AND the next, I WILL achieve this. All the while fighting the feelings of inferiority and doubt. The feelings of inferiority stem from the hacks people use in games. You know the SD giving items(30/30) and allow players to deal 1200+ damage per hit. I'm in an age where dupe users have evolved into something scarey. Geez all my stuff are just copies of NORMAL hard to find rares. . .I utterly hate it when other people support! GRRR. Now with hunters being able to do this, I feel as if all the 426 hours I put into this character is meaningless.

156lvs, and 80% of them I've been the only FO and if there was another, I've always been the highest. Hell, I CAN'T stand it when one enters, higher than me, and I figure, well I then I could just back he/she up? And THEY don't support at all! Just bust out with thier stupid little C-bringers rifle(and thats fine, IF THEY ARE ALSO SUPPORTING). >__________>

Doubt comes from the fact that maybe my time is nearing anyway? I have. . .one friend, I THINK I can trust. I said "think". I dont trust any strangers in this game cause of some events last year with people. I have many cards, cause its common courtesy, everyone does it in games. But as far as opening up to a player, eh you get the picture. Anyhow He likes ep3, and we played in ep3 together for almost 10 hours. That maybe it is time to move on..? After all, PSO EpI and II GC is just....kinda dead.

And I don't know what happened, but I've become something sort of a HUGE Fonewearl fan. The more 200 fones I see, the more it fuels my thirst to PUSH for it. I know one who quit PSO at 153.

Lack of ult games WAS probably my biggest issue. But now I know the right times to play. Anyway, having that E200 behind my name means many things to me. It might not mean nothing to those who've already got it. Being an emotional driven person, as of now I'm my biggest obsticle in getting there.

The urge btw is to quit.

And I can't never post without making some stupid error. >_> These edit lines make me sick.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2004-09-27 16:16 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2004-09-27 16:17 ]</font>

BogusKun
Sep 27, 2004, 06:46 PM
You'll reach your point as long as you have the drive to do it..

It's all about drive and how you're willing to take it to the next level.

Whenever youre bored with the games music (do as I do...) Use your own music and turn down the Mediocre BGMs on PSO.

Occupy yourself with ideas http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mystil
Sep 28, 2004, 07:43 AM
Confident appreciative words from someone I thought was SNK. Must you both have almost identical usernames. . .?(retorical)

Anyhow, I think me posting in Dead Horse Society has ended, obviously.

BogusKun
Sep 28, 2004, 03:27 PM
On 2004-09-28 05:43, Silhouette wrote:
Confident appreciative words from someone I thought was SNK. Must you both have almost identical usernames. . .?(retorical)

Yes!!! He was a guy I actually seen and played with!

Anyhow, I think me posting in Dead Horse Society has ended, obviously.

Blah at least give a little advice!! >:o

Silouette... might I add... try pumping yourself up with TTF quests/Heat of Sword and whatnot. I'm sure there are some legits out there to help ya. If not just try and get a shot in the best way you can.

Daikarin
Sep 28, 2004, 05:04 PM
Play with me, dude. I'm a Hunter, but I take care of myself and of the team when there's no FO around, and even if there is, I play more like a FO than most 1337 FOmars/newms out there.

Wanna set up a day or something? Up to you.

Tycho
Sep 30, 2004, 07:06 AM
I'm totally with you Sil. I'll get my FOney to L200 some time, and I really hate it when I'm not the only FO (that's acting like one) in a game. xP
So I won't be the one to help you TTF. ;(

Go for the speed TTF's, it doesn't have to take a few years to get to L200. If you have a lot of time, the drive to do it and a nice team, you could do it from L1 all the way to L200 in two weeks, sleep included. o.o

So good luck on that one. I don't have that much time at the moment, and actually I have to refuse to most of the invitations to games I get, but I'll make it. In maybe ten years at this rate. :/

Hrith
Sep 30, 2004, 07:19 AM
There are items that allow hunters to do S/D Lv 30 ??? o__O

Well, Sil, I think you should stick with us, and I hope what I mean by "us". The bunch of legit people you already know (Ryna, Auracom, Rab, Rena, Omar, etc.).

We ALWAYS welcome a good FO, and we will help you get to 200 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Finding that legit bunch of friends is what has kept me going on and on, and still now http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zarode
Sep 30, 2004, 07:26 AM
Heh, you would love playing with me then. I take care of my ownself, and that is the only person I take care of. [/lies]

Neh, I'm a HU. I do mah thing by protecting and being in the front lines.

FOs, IMO, are the people who stay back and cause all of the lag with their casting spam. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

It's one of mah reasons for switching to BB. One of mah many reasons...

PaleKid15
Sep 30, 2004, 01:37 PM
There has been such a lack of good games lately, that i would be more than happy to power level with you. I support and melee with Advil, and if I ever get my RAcast, HUcast, or RAmarl to ult, I will need to level alot. And t seems to me like the best way to solve your problem of cheaters is... PW all yor games.

Skorpius
Sep 30, 2004, 05:56 PM
Sil, you're a FO, and people NEED you, you WILL make it. XP And it seems like you have enough friends to play with. Youll do fine. I, on the other hand, can forget about 200, mainly because its commonly "known" that I "suck as FO."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2004-09-30 15:59 ]</font>

trypticon
Sep 30, 2004, 10:50 PM
On 2004-09-30 15:56, Skorpius wrote:
Sil, you're a FO, and people NEED you, you WILL make it. XP And it seems like you have enough friends to play with. Youll do fine. I, on the other hand, can forget about 200, mainly because its commonly "known" that I "suck as FO."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2004-09-30 15:59 ]</font>

Try getting there with Misato. We need more legit 200 Hunewearls.

To the original poster, you will make it to 200, but only if it is something you want to make time for. With the introduction of Towards the Future, getting to 200 is much easier than it used to be.

Before you decide to fight your way up to that level though, you may want to take a few weeks out of your fighting schedule, and meet some of the legit 200s that still play. There may not be many of them anymore, but almost all of them that have ever been have shared a few qualities, and I'm not talking about admireable ones. I'll let you discover those qualities on your own.

Perhaps the best thing going for you though, is that the group of regulars on Altair 4 stick together. This partnership that goes on there is something that I really admire, and it causes me to miss the great group of Altair that I was part of over a year ago. These days, I'm much more inclined to play solo, or sit in an empty lobby minding my own business, but then, that is just part of the depression that keeps the level 200s playing.

You may also want to take time to ask about what the 200s have to deal with every day from people who weren't around to see them gain every level, and the other forms of almost constant abuse they have to go through.

It isn't fun, and it takes a lot of dedication to not only put up with the abuse, but to even get to the level beforehand.

hollowtip
Oct 3, 2004, 11:51 PM
On 2004-09-30 05:06, Tycho wrote:
I'm totally with you Sil. I'll get my FOney to L200 some time, and I really hate it when I'm not the only FO (that's acting like one) in a game. xP

Go for the speed TTF's, it doesn't have to take a few years to get to L200. If you have a lot of time, the drive to do it and a nice team, you could do it from L1 all the way to L200 in two weeks, sleep included. o.o

So good luck on that one. I don't have that much time at the moment, and actually I have to refuse to most of the invitations to games I get, but I'll make it. In maybe ten years at this rate. :/

L1 to L200 in two weeks?

I seriously doubt that...

Mystil
Oct 4, 2004, 02:38 PM
^Funny enough, in Version 1, you need 92K exp to go from 99 to 100. In GC PSO you only need 74K. And.. 200 in two weeks is not possible. 124K for TTF, and after lv130 is when you start needing 350K+ exp and 150, you start needing 490, and 155, you need 600..and 156..640K, 159..660K. Yea I think it will take longer than 2 weeks http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Blah at least give a little advice!! >:o

Silouette... might I add... try pumping yourself up with TTF quests/Heat of Sword and whatnot. I'm sure there are some legits out there to help ya. If not just try and get a shot in the best way you can.

My advice isn't all that needed.

TTF.... that is how I got 157 is such a short time, but I'm tired of it now. I'm once again at the period where pso old schoolism wants to be fed. And no one plays the other quests, if even for fun.

Play with me, dude. I'm a Hunter, but I take care of myself and of the team when there's no FO around, and even if there is, I play more like a FO than most 1337 FOmars/newms out there.

Wanna set up a day or something? Up to you.

Actually it would be I who needs to know when you play on average. My schedule is too fickle for people to be waiting for me, it's better I wait for them.

But I never said I wouldn't play with another. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif I could just as easily nuke instead, and since I know you'd do your job, it wouldn't bother me too much.

There are items that allow hunters to do S/D Lv 30 ??? o__O

Well, Sil, I think you should stick with us, and I hope what I mean by "us". The bunch of legit people you already know (Ryna, Auracom, Rab, Rena, Omar, etc.).

Yes Kef. sigh.......-_- I say again 'Dupe users have evolved into something scary'. They can use reverser, they can use lv30 resta, anything a FO can do, they can do with these hacks. Except match of be better than the ones with specific bonuses.

I DONT LIKE IT when I CAN'T use my FO to her MAXIMUM POTENTIAL. "Im saving you TP!" I'm not poor, I earn 31-34k per stage, and thats from picking up junk. I hardly go into my bank meseta(814K) for TP cash. >_> I didn't bust my butt to get those 30s to never be of any use. I dont like playing with players who have those things, yes I know, I sound like a pissed off legit.
I understand it makes up for the lack of FOs in the game, but please do put those ridiculous things away when you have a FO in your game, unless of course they suck. And there is a problem with your other statement. You see I'm not a legit. I use 'dupes'. Doesn't that ban me from any game with a legit player? Or can you say I could ruin anyones fun and steal exp by using:

Madams Umbrella
VIRUS ARMOR: Lafuteria
--Cure/Freeze
--Cure/Shock
--God/ability
--Cure/slow
Anti Merge
Kabanda 5/31/34/105(still raising)

ATP(567) <--oh sure I could really steal exp!
DFP(366) <-- wow I could SOLO all areas!
MST(1313) <-- oops here comes 9999 Rafoie! Nah...just 110 >_>....but WooT! 850 Resta Healing!! ^_^
ATA(err yea..>_>) <--- lol

Now you decide =o

There has been such a lack of good games lately, that i would be more than happy to power level with you. I support and melee with Advil, and if I ever get my RAcast, HUcast, or RAmarl to ult, I will need to level alot. And t seems to me like the best way to solve your problem of cheaters is... PW all yor games.

So much quoting..~_~ but I like responding to people individually @_@.

Yes there is a lack of games...for the times that I play that is. Vega looks so lovely when there is only 36 people only and 2 teams made >_>. Altair and Denab are dead for like 4 hours.

Kk enough of my quoting @_@.

Skorpius - I quit my Hune Silhouette lv159 for the same reason. But don't you quit http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.
trypicon - The numbers 200 usually give the impression of 'hacked to get it'. Yes I'm aware of some of the negatives that come with getting the level.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2004-10-04 12:42 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2004-10-04 12:44 ]</font>

Zelutos
Oct 4, 2004, 10:57 PM
My FOmar is lvl 101 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif over half way to 200!

trypticon
Oct 5, 2004, 01:42 AM
On 2004-10-04 20:57, Zelutos wrote:
My FOmar is lvl 101 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif over half way to 200!

HA HA HA HA HA!

Skorpius
Oct 5, 2004, 01:32 PM
And no one plays the other quests, if even for fun.
I do.. D: And I'll do them! Just look me up, PM me, IM me, whatever.
And I meant 200 as my FOmarl, people just complain too much, and want YOU to play how THEY want, even though you do just fine.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2004-10-05 11:47 ]</font>

Mystil
Oct 5, 2004, 06:06 PM

Lol...

No...

150 is halfway. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

trypticon
Oct 5, 2004, 09:10 PM
On 2004-10-05 16:06, Silhouette wrote:

Lol...

No...

150 is halfway. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

... Um... no. midway through level 183 is half way.

Mystil
Oct 6, 2004, 05:26 AM
If you count the ridiculous EXP TNL, you're right. =o

Anyway, I'll catch up with some of you in game, when I start playing again. For the past week now I have been playing Shadow Hearts 2. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2004-10-06 03:28 ]</font>