PDA

View Full Version : Weird question: Avoiding Exp?

Tycho
Sep 27, 2004, 07:01 PM
I'm considering of trying the challenge of getting a new character into Ultimate at the lowest level possible. The hardest thing is actually: it's hard to get the least exp possible.
I do know there are ways of killing yourself. I think you could with Lavis, and maybe some more weapons.
So what I'm trying to get at, is: is it possible to avoid gaining exp from a boss? I'm considering committing suicide right at the moment it dies, or during the sequence of the boss dying (interrupt it with a PB, then commit suicide). I know it's a bit tricky, but it may be doable. In either way, would it be possible to have "defeated" the boss, while you were not alive at the moment of receiving experience?
Maybe Scape Dolls could work too. As in: make sure you're dead at the moment of exp rewards, then automatically revive.

I will probably get replies like "Why the hell would you want to do that? It's ridiculous and not worth it." But is there anyone that knows answers to these questions?

Dhylec
Sep 27, 2004, 07:31 PM
nothing very new there tyc..
i do similar 'challenge' all the time when speeding a new char to ult [with some help]
while i don't self-KO at bosses to avoid gettin exp, i do find ways to lev up as little as possible
so i usually hit ult on 39-40 with hu, ra & fo alike
i have yet to gain less lev though.. maybe my new ra can be a good practice =]

Skorpius
Sep 27, 2004, 07:53 PM
I told you, Tycho D:
Best I got was Vhard Ruins at level 31, my friend Relic got Ultimate at level 34.

Sorry, dude, just.. how it is.

EDIT: :/ you COULD try not gaining boss exp.. I just find that a tad extreme..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2004-09-27 17:56 ]</font>

KaFKa
Sep 27, 2004, 08:15 PM
ep2, going through the objectives as linearly as possible.

Nai_Calus
Sep 27, 2004, 08:31 PM
Lowest confirmed level to Ult I know of is L36, going through Ep2. I'll believe Skorp's friend when I see the screencaps to prove it. >_>;

There's things you can do in say, Ruins, to avoid exp, but not that much... I reset for lowest exp count level layouts and did shortest route, ignoring enemies not needed to open doors, and screwed around getting beaten up by Bringers and Belras and Gunners letting them kill for me, and with a combo of a bad Ruins 3 + somehow getting exp on Bringer-killed La Dimenians after doing a M&Y in the room with them(Da fuh?), I only made it at 40... X_x;

Don't you get to L29ish just fighting bosses alone? O_o; Might make trying not to get exp from them worthwhile if it can be done...

Heh, too bad BB doesn't have an offline mode. Losing exp when you die would merely entail repeated deaths to make sure you never got enough exp to level beyond, say, 20. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I've been L1 in Ult before, but that entails things we can't speak of here. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Shadowpawn
Sep 27, 2004, 08:36 PM
^teh hax0r... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Nai_Calus
Sep 27, 2004, 08:43 PM
On 2004-09-27 18:36, Shadowpawn wrote:
^teh hax0r... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I couldn't hack my way out of a wet paper bag. XP It involves PSOPC and the stuff we have a sticky telling us not to discuss. XP

Para
Sep 27, 2004, 08:57 PM
if pso bb didnt have those limits for single mode, you could probably get into ultimate alot easier by just losing exp and dying constantly so you can keep your level low

Skorpius
Sep 27, 2004, 09:14 PM
On 2004-09-27 18:31, Ian-KunX wrote:
Lowest confirmed level to Ult I know of is L36, going through Ep2. I'll believe Skorp's friend when I see the screencaps to prove it. >_>;

No one has to prove a thing. But he did it at 39, I just asked him to confirm my memory.

Tycho
Sep 28, 2004, 05:59 AM
I think a Fo could do it at extremely low levels, with 125 HP mats, 4 God HPs and a shitload of scape dolls for insta death moves from bosses.

The only problem is this...

And I calculated the EP difference too. EP2 is crap exp, thus good. xD

Mystil
Sep 28, 2004, 07:48 AM
On 2004-09-27 18:43, Ian-KunX wrote:

On 2004-09-27 18:36, Shadowpawn wrote:

I couldn't hack my way out of a wet paper bag. XP It involves PSOPC and the stuff we have a sticky telling us not to discuss. XP

I still remember that picture of you in ruins at lv1. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Saffran
Sep 28, 2004, 10:50 AM
It may actually not work, but :
Did you (or anyone) try getting to a boss in a party of 2 or more people and then let them kill the boss, without you ever hitting it or casting magic on it?

A while ago (at around patch 1.13.2) a BB player (force) claimed that he had not gotten exp from th eboss (that was VH Gal Griphon...) because he had just concentrated on healing us, and we killed the bummer really fast.

I have no idea if this was true (I remember getting exp on Beta during De Rol Re, as I was lying dead there and my friend had gone out of Moons) but I guess it's worth a try. If you're Online, that is.

Fireal
Sep 28, 2004, 01:20 PM
Progress during multi/online play is not recorded to the single player progress.
So, if the player were to do multi, they would just be gaining unwanted EXP.

Saffran
Sep 28, 2004, 05:15 PM
Ahh of course... silly me. Never mind then...

IceBurner
Sep 29, 2004, 12:58 PM
It's possible to beat the game at level 1, though you would have to be insanely determined to put up with the process.

There's a video of just such a Japanese player in one issue of GameWave DVD .... they defeated only the enemies neccesary to progress in each area using the special of the Orochiagito to kill themselves with the same hit. With their inventory & bank completely full of scape dolls, they were able to keep progressing. In the end, after they downed Olga Flow, they opened their menu to reveal "0pt" in the exp line.

A test of game knowledge and patience more than anything else, but it's been done.

KaFKa
Sep 29, 2004, 01:04 PM
195 pow mag/4 god/powers, and 250 power mats on that person beating normal ep2? (cause even then im not sure if its enough to equip orotiagito at level 1. =/)

Skorpius
Sep 29, 2004, 01:58 PM
1090 atp added o.o
(195 x 2) + (250 x 2) + (50 x 4) = 1090

Gjl
Sep 29, 2004, 02:21 PM
On 2004-09-29 10:58, IceBurner wrote:
It's possible to beat the game at level 1, though you would have to be insanely determined to put up with the process.

There's a video of just such a Japanese player in one issue of GameWave DVD .... they defeated only the enemies neccesary to progress in each area using the special of the Orochiagito to kill themselves with the same hit. With their inventory & bank completely full of scape dolls, they were able to keep progressing. In the end, after they downed Olga Flow, they opened their menu to reveal "0pt" in the exp line.

A test of game knowledge and patience more than anything else, but it's been done.

Is there anything they can't do? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

digigram
Sep 29, 2004, 02:43 PM
Now how are all of you, or the ones you know, doing this sort of challenge. does said players start from scratch, Using only what you have found on that particular character or do any of you or your friends twink?

the way I recently did it is:

New character.
Viridia RAcast
Starting equipment.
Raised mag in the process.
at lvl 99 of mag raising, gave to my pinkal FOmar to make a nidra. (invincibility for bosses, at least for a head start before getting killed).
Found Bravace in VH.
Found charge Launcher in VH.
had found enough scape dolls.

beat VH falz at 43. Not using twinked items from other characters.

Is this how you guys do this?
Or Did I not do a good job getting to ULT.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digigram on 2004-09-29 16:02 ]</font>

Saffran
Sep 29, 2004, 05:51 PM
Most people use hands-me-down to tweak a character into ult real fast.

Tycho
Sep 29, 2004, 06:25 PM
Hm... what else beside Orochi is good? And does this mean it's Hu's only? ):