PDA

View Full Version : Rusty Nail + Cheap Shoes + Step + No Tetnis Shot = owned

Getintothegame
Sep 27, 2004, 10:07 PM
Today, after school, I was being paid to work with my dad at a storage unit that he needed cleaned out to remodel. We work for about an hour, taking sledgehammers after some old wood. So, now we must take the wood to the garbage to the garbage can.

No problem, right? One load. Done. Next load. Done. Third load: @#$%!!!

I stepped on a nail, rusty as hell, and somehow, it didn't break, and ripped RIGHT THROUGH THE SHOE. I then yell bloody murder, rip my foot out of my shoe, then pull myself together, and call my Mom and ask when I last had my tetnis shot.

She told me the last tetnis shot was I had was around 10 years ago, back in '94. I now have to get a ride to the walk in clinic and get one.

Don't read anymore if you are easily sickened.

I get in, and they get me a room. The first thing they do is take a numbing shot after the toe. It hurt more than anything had EVER hurt before. It still hurts to this munute.

After 2 minutes of pure pain, they then give me the tetnis shot in the arm. They then left for about 30-40 minutes. I don't know why they left for so long, but we tried leaving, and they said they weren't done. So I go back in the room. Another 15 minutes and they come back.

I think, oh, yeah, It's over, finally over... then they bring in a tray- included were:
- 2 towels
- scalpel
- sissors
- tweasers

They first... ugh... cut an 'x' in where the nail went in. Then they went in with the tweasers and pull out a huge object, and then continued to pull junk out. Fast forward 10 minutes, that was over.

I think... now it has to be over. Nope... they now bring in some chemical that looks like water. It was in a bag that they usually have blood in, and they are going to use it to clean off my toe. They also said that I would be able to leave after this.

Before I continue, there are 800cc in one of these bags of chemical.

They told the doctor at first he only needed to use 100cc of the bag. He begins and starts spraying away. It felt okay, since I could only feel the coldness on certian parts of the foot. Two minutes later some other doctor said to use all 800cc of the bag. We're at 780cc.

So, about a half hour later we're done. We walk out and now we have to get pain killers from our Costco. We get them, and I take one.

So here I sit, still in pain, and about to be knocked out by a pain killer.

Edit: Forgive my spelling.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2004-09-27 22:42 ]</font>

WraithVerge
Sep 27, 2004, 10:15 PM
ouch. Reminds me of the time when a fireworks-lighter-stick got jammed in my left eye... while it was lit. I could have been blinded in that eye...

hope you get better man.

o.x

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WraithVerge on 2004-09-27 20:16 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Sep 27, 2004, 11:45 PM
Holy shit, that sounds hideously painful. x_x;

Hope that gets better, dude. I will mentally bitch out that fucker of a nail before I go to bed, if that will make you feel better. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Dark-Sakura
Sep 28, 2004, 12:05 AM
So this is how it feels to get a tetnis shot, man...you just made me fear even getting near any type of rusty sharp object...but you think thats pain? if u had not have went thru that then you probably would have to have it amputated cause of gang green, so yes, better safe then sorry... i feel for you...good luck with that healing...

OnnaWren
Sep 28, 2004, 12:33 AM
Ouch, tetanus shots. I know the pain you're most likely feeling right now... I had rabies shots once a couple of years ago after handling a stray cat and being mauled... not fun. -_-;

navci
Sep 28, 2004, 01:51 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
I am sorry.
That sucks majorly.
I'd have something positive and encouraging to say but I can't think of any now and so I'll just say, "Get well soon"

PJ
Sep 28, 2004, 07:14 AM
On 2004-09-27 20:07, Getintothegame wrote:
Don't read anymore if you are easily sickened.

I shouldave payed attention to that X___X

Now not only do I fear nails, you've increased my fear of needles @_@

That must really suck though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

KaFKa
Sep 28, 2004, 07:59 AM
goddamn, that sucks like whoa...

Sef
Sep 28, 2004, 08:05 AM
A lot of that sounds unbelievably painful Getintothegame. But...It was worth it to save yourself from tetnis(don't care about the spelling.) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif Hope you feel better soon!

Those damn tricky nails. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sef on 2004-09-28 13:37 ]</font>

Getintothegame
Sep 28, 2004, 03:36 PM
Ah well, it's feeling a little better ATM, this morning I couln't wak on it. The numbing effect wore off.

I stayed home, and now I feel a lot better.