PDA

View Full Version : best force i saw

Luis
Sep 28, 2004, 03:10 AM
i just wanted to say that i was really impressed when i saw in the lower seabed, ultimate lvl, a force that for me its one of the best i ever saw, i really dont know if he is legit or not, i played online seabed with a party, and also i dont remember his character name but i do remember his lvl was 190 and he was a FOmar, and his strategy was Megid, Rabarta, Shifta / Deband, Jellen / Zalure, his weapon was a PWand, but what really got my attention was like 18 Megids hits in a row!, in the seabed

that was faster that most Forces that i saw, and he wasnt Support Only, he did attack techs too!

i mean his strategy helped a lot in the seabed and i like that he wasnt another support only Force with a pair of mechguns. He was kinda out of this world, another good owner of a legit pwand is rico royal. And he is not support only! good work

Tycho
Sep 28, 2004, 05:30 AM
Thank Ian for those Force strategies. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
And Rabarta/Megid aren't that original either. He probably just knew all megid resistances.

There really are more people who can support well, apparently you just never play with them.

For a few reasons I don't qualify. First: my Megid level sucks and I don't have Psycho Wand.

Second: I idle too much. x_x;;

Skorpius
Sep 28, 2004, 06:20 AM
Eh, P wand in seabed..
Nothing to Rafoie, much.. more effecient strat would have been Magical Piece and gizonde Dolms >.>

But, eh.. I think Tingle is a good force ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2004-09-28 04:20 ]</font>

SLON
Sep 28, 2004, 06:40 AM
Jellen is always my first cast in seabed, having already S/D everybody before the fighting commences of course!

Mystil
Sep 28, 2004, 07:39 AM
I know who you are taking about. I played with him yesturday. Too bad I had to leave cause I left my stuff on my other character. ><

I can't remember his name, but I definitly met him myself. Megid owns seabed, that's all I can say.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2004-09-28 05:40 ]</font>

PatserGOUKI
Sep 28, 2004, 08:19 AM
On 2004-09-28 01:10, Luis wrote:
i just wanted to say that i was really impressed when i saw in the lower seabed, ultimate lvl, a force that for me its one of the best i ever saw, i really dont know if he is legit or not, i played online seabed with a party, and also i dont remember his character name but i do remember his lvl was 190 and he was a FOmar, and his strategy was Megid, Rabarta, Shifta / Deband, Jellen / Zalure, his weapon was a PWand, but what really got my attention was like 18 Megids hits in a row!, in the seabed

that was faster that most Forces that i saw, and he wasnt Support Only, he did attack techs too!

i mean his strategy helped a lot in the seabed and i like that he wasnt another support only Force with a pair of mechguns. He was kinda out of this world, another good owner of a legit pwand is rico royal. And he is not support only! good work

Its the MEGID thing man! Forces with good megid (lvl 30) own the seabed. Megid 0wns seabed!!!
Al creatures are weak to megid there.

I told my friend from sweden to play Seabed Ultimate online with 2 players...!(hes a FOmarl (lvl ~100), at first he thought I was sick in my head, but I promised him we wouldnt die.) We walked with 2 FOmarls trough with each of us dieing once. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
He wouldnt believe it either, but now he saw the true power of megid! A lot of people dont know it in seabed, but this is tha level for forces.
We dint do Olga with 2 FO's, I got my RAmar and he kept his FO...

You can try with 2 humars lvl 180, I bet u'll die more than once... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

It has nothing to do with being legit or not! (well except the MEGID lvl 30)

As for the P-Wand in Seabed, its ok, but he could better use the Dark Bridge (which penetrates megid) or Demonic Fork (same as above)

PatserGOUKI

Tycho
Sep 28, 2004, 08:47 AM
Meh. Fonewearl + PWand + Megid L30 = lotsa one hit kills with penetrate. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nai_Calus
Sep 28, 2004, 08:55 AM
What's the Pwand have to do with Megid? XP

Bah, slap a Spork on a FOmar and he'll kill everything too. XP

And yeah, I almost left and got Zero like... Five times when we did that Ruins run, because you kept sitting there surfing the internet instead of supporting. Bad FOnl! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

My support FO standards are too high. I've met like, one or two other FOs I consider good. >_>;

TheOneHero
Sep 28, 2004, 09:28 AM
Speaking of the best forces...

My sister was playing on Vega and I was watching ya' know, making sure she didn't except any hacks. When I saw...

The greatest forces ever...

A RAmar using Megid.

A HUcast using Foie.

A FOmar using Resta.

It was...pretty crazy. Naturally I told my sister to leave to game. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And huzzah for Ian and his force guide. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Tycho
Sep 28, 2004, 10:08 AM
Psycho Wand means -50% TP use. o:

I can Fo reasonably, I'm just often too busy. x_x;
But anyway, at least I rarely play games anymore, so people won't have to care as much I'm not paying attention.
And your PLC lyrics site rocks, your fault I had to watch it. ;o

Vielka
Sep 28, 2004, 10:56 AM
ill have to roll with you guys sometimes. I have a lv 146 fonl with level 30 megid http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Ill have to play ult seabed sometime and get my timing down.

Nai_Calus
Sep 28, 2004, 02:04 PM
The problem with FOnewearls in Seabed, though, is that they REALLY FUCKING PISS PEOPLE FUCKING OFF. >_>;

Nothing is more unwelcome in a game I make than a FOnewearl or other FO with Demonic Fork/Dark Bridge spamming fucking L30 Megid and making it so nobody else can get fucking exp. It's assholish and worse than TJ swords and 300% Dark BKBs. Don't DO it, or wait until you're damn sure everyone else got a shot in. XP *hates Seabed Megid-spammers with a passion that defies words*

Vielka
Sep 28, 2004, 04:00 PM
On 2004-09-28 12:04, Ian-KunX wrote:
The problem with FOnewearls in Seabed, though, is that they REALLY FUCKING PISS PEOPLE FUCKING OFF. >_>;

Nothing is more unwelcome in a game I make than a FOnewearl or other FO with Demonic Fork/Dark Bridge spamming fucking L30 Megid and making it so nobody else can get fucking exp. It's assholish and worse than TJ swords and 300% Dark BKBs. Don't DO it, or wait until you're damn sure everyone else got a shot in. XP *hates Seabed Megid-spammers with a passion that defies words*

then i guess you havent played with me or heard of how i play. You can ask kefka http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif, ive supported for him before.

EJ
Sep 28, 2004, 06:55 PM
I love the seabed with my fomar. Best play to lvl IMO but it's hard to find a good ep2 team since many people prefer ep1 most of the time.

That why I prefer to solo RT, no one to deal with and always dying on me, even when I tell them the stragerty for the bosses and certain enemies. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Luis
Sep 28, 2004, 08:50 PM

who cares about experience for everyone, just beat the game, what if you are playing with a char lvl 200?? does he need experience?? and also, if you are looking for experience instead of fast kill or coins talking about PW3, do something like TTF or whatever.

PaleKid15
Sep 30, 2004, 12:32 PM
On 2004-09-28 18:50, Luis wrote:

who cares about experience for everyone, just beat the game, what if you are playing with a char lvl 200?? does he need experience?? and also, if you are looking for experience instead of fast kill or coins talking about PW3, do something like TTF or whatever.

To answer your question- just about everyone cares, there are not that many legit 200's that get played, and ALOT of people are really tired of TTF.

Hrith
Sep 30, 2004, 02:32 PM
besides it's about having fun and respecting other players, i.e. not ruining their fun.

when I use my Lv 200, and I do, I still want to tag all monsters...

Tycho
Sep 30, 2004, 06:14 PM
On 2004-09-30 12:32, Kef wrote:

when I use my Lv 200, and I do, I still want to tag all monsters...

Why? o.o
My Megid is bad so I don't hog exp, but why would you still feel the need to hit everything at L200?

Hrith
Sep 30, 2004, 07:50 PM
to have fun, and not to lose my edge http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sayara
Sep 30, 2004, 11:04 PM
I think it as give assistance to the others, Like that final push. Think Kireek in Normal Battle Training, he gives you ample time to kill, then does one blow KO.

Kireek Normal Battle Training = Lv 200 People. I thinks.

And thanks Skorp http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Luis
Oct 2, 2004, 03:29 AM
On 2004-09-30 10:32, PaleKid15 wrote:
To answer your question- just about everyone cares, there are not that many legit 200's that get played, and ALOT of people are really tired of TTF.

Someone said, "NO PAIN, NO GAIN", in all the rpg games you should play a lot for getting the max lvl
but the matter of fact is, and this is not a theory this is just a FACT no matter what you are going to quote next, in PSO ttf give you more experiencie (with a good party could be faster) than PW3 or another quest like pw, in diablo II there were the boring COW LVL, where you only kill COWS AND MORE COWS, most of all the games are like that <-- FACT
so if you are going to look for experience get a TTF if you feel bored about it, well lets say " NO PAIN NO GAIN " <-- FACT, PW3 is fun <-- FACT but PW3 Doesnt give more experience than TTF <-- FACT so if you want to get lvl 200 doing PW, or any high lvl and i just do TTF runs, i am going to be at higher lvl than a PW or Any other quest like that, that means if you are looking for experience in another quest, a ttf run player will be at higher lvl than a pw player can be <-- FACT

And thats the botton of the line because @#$%#$% said so!!

EJ
Oct 2, 2004, 03:39 AM
Actually fact is that RT gives more experience than ttf and can be also done at the same amount of time with a good team.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ForceEJ on 2004-10-02 01:40 ]</font>

Hrith
Oct 2, 2004, 04:06 AM
And many quests give more than TTF in the same amount of time, Soul Blade, for instance.

And regular Ruins runs is still what rewards the most expereince-wise.

I say, screw TTF, it sucks !

Primrose
Oct 2, 2004, 04:47 AM

Its an easy thing, cast Jellen and Zalure on enemies to support your team, and then cast Megid. Sinows and especially Morfos are a real pain and very easy to kill with Megid. In Phantasmal World, i think there nothing wrong with using Megid as long as the team is well supported, there are some evil waves that make team mates fall over from Morfos shooting from behind.
Im glad i have found Demonic Fork one day before Phantasmal World#3 got released. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

And Tycho, i would never use Psycho Wand in an Episode 2 game, and especially not in Seabed. You might need a Rafoie from time to time, and quite some Gizonde, but you need way more Resta/Anti and because of quite some deaths Shifta/Deband (id rather recommend Resta Merge/Anti Merge, Striker of Chao, Marinas Bag, Madams Umbrella and if you have high enough ATP and actually have found one: Madams Parasol).
Psycho Wand steals HP, and thats absolutely not what you need in Seabed. I get knocked down a lot before i even can cast Jellen/Zalure on enemies, and im happy for each and every HP i have.

Thanks to Bluefull, i have a few more force weapons, i hope for the better support of my team. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif

Tycho
Oct 2, 2004, 05:21 AM
Tell me about it Kef and EJ, how good is the exp on those if it can beat half-a-million-an-hour speed ttf's?

On 2004-10-02 02:47, Primrose wrote:

And Tycho, i would never use Psycho Wand in an Episode 2 game, and especially not in Seabed. You might need a Rafoie from time to time, and quite some Gizonde, but you need way more Resta/Anti and because of quite some deaths Shifta/Deband (id rather recommend Resta Merge/Anti Merge, Striker of Chao, Marinas Bag, Madams Umbrella and if you have high enough ATP and actually have found one: Madams Parasol).
Psycho Wand steals HP, and thats absolutely not what you need in Seabed. I get knocked down a lot before i even can cast Jellen/Zalure on enemies, and im happy for each and every HP i have.

Thanks to Bluefull, i have a few more force weapons, i hope for the better support of my team. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif

Hm.. I think it would have to steal a lot of HP before actually being annoying. I mean, on my team in the PW run I partially participated in, I was the only one that didn't really have trouble surviving in the last room. And why would I? They can't combo me, ergo they can't kill me.

And again, Psycho Wand isn't for the Gi-/Ra- bonuses. > <;; It's for the TP convservation, you're going to need it if you cast Megid a lot.
By the way, being a FOnewearl the fork is useless for me, and I can't ever equip a Madam's without any help from mags/mats/units. x_x;

Ofcourse I will wear my Chao Stick at any time I will cast S/D, I never said I would not. An Anti Merge would look pretty useless to me, but... I don't even have Marina's or Resta Merge. ;-;
I do want them though, despite my natural Resta/Anti range bonus I think it would help quite a bit. I cast more Resta than S/D anyways.

So meh. :/
I'd like to test having equipped a Marina's and Resta merge at the same time with a female FOrce. Wouldn't that give you a range beyond three rooms? ^ ^;

EJ
Oct 2, 2004, 05:29 AM
On 2004-10-02 03:21, Tycho wrote:
Tell me about it Kef and EJ, how good is the exp on those if it can beat half-a-million-an-hour speed ttf's?

Rt can easily be beat in 45 mins. and that's on solo only well that is my time when I solo it. So if you have a full team who know what they are doing you can beat RT in about 25mins. I beat RT last night with only one other person that included towers for fun and only took 45mins.

Also I don't buy it. That's like Kef said 15mins for a whole TTF run, which I myself have never been apart of or seen anyone complete it that fast either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ForceEJ on 2004-10-02 04:53 ]</font>

Hrith
Oct 2, 2004, 06:32 AM
500 000 in an hour ? ya right...

that means full TTF in less than 15 minutes, I don't buy it, not a second.

magenta
Oct 2, 2004, 12:58 PM
meh...

Im the best force ever .. still http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mystil
Oct 2, 2004, 01:15 PM

I only use it on sinows. Megid isn't TP friendly for me to blowing it on every enemy. I agree though, I don't megid spammers either. But not just FOne users.

And I'm one of those people who are tired of TTF. And I'm 629k from 158..

I'd like to test having equipped a Marina's and Resta merge at the same time with a female FOrce. Wouldn't that give you a range beyond three rooms? ^ ^;
No.

TTF is 120K+ per run.. And...I dont seen how it's possible to beat in 15min. Considering Falz..

Truthfully I wish alot of people still played the game, cause most players now, only play PW2 amd TTF. If I want to do Soul Blade, people don't wont to do that. Sometimes I don't feel like grinding for the next level, but just to have alittle old school play(ie. SB, HS, EN4 etc.) But it's always FAST EXP QUEST people want. (excuse my ranting)

who cares about experience for everyone,

Well lets see... if I didn't care.. I'd be.. hmm.. 190 right now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2004-10-02 11:35 ]</font>

Primrose
Oct 2, 2004, 07:14 PM
Hm.. I think it would have to steal a lot of HP before actually being annoying. I mean, on my team in the PW run I partially participated in, I was the only one that didn't really have trouble surviving in the last room. And why would I? They can't combo me, ergo they can't kill me.

If a Sinow Zoa lands a critical hit on my force and i survive it i am left with HP below 100. If i cast about three techniques with Psycho Wand, i would use up these 100 HP and i would die.
Psycho Wand is no good idea.

And again, Psycho Wand isn't for the Gi-/Ra- bonuses. > <;; It's for the TP convservation, you're going to need it if you cast Megid a lot.

Hm, i cast Jellen/Zalure, do a lot of Resta, occasionally Shifta/Deband if someone dies, and if i have free time, i cast Megid, so yes, in a good team i cast a lot of Megid. Yet, i do not run out of TP in Phantasmal World#3. Im generally of the opinion that TP conserving items are not really useful (just a nice thing to have), not to mention TP stealing specials.
Try Sorcerers Cane maybe? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif
At least you wont lose HP and youll have a 20% Gizonde Boost, which you might need from time to time. (were still talking Seabed here...)

By the way, being a FOnewearl the fork is useless for me, and I can't ever equip a Madam's without any help from mags/mats/units. x_x;

My main character is a FOnewm at the moment, so i was talking for me, but yeah, regarding Madams Parasol/Umbrella: its true. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif

Each support technique boosting item will add an additional "normal support technique range", the range that is added, is the range you have without any kind of boost, including natural boosts.
So the maximum you can get is 4 times support technique range.

Tycho
Oct 2, 2004, 10:30 PM
I just did PW 3 with Adam and two Hucasts.
I didn't even have time for anything other than SD/JZ and Resta. That team rocked. o.o;

Hrith
Oct 3, 2004, 05:10 AM
I agree that Psycho Wand in Seabed is bad idea.

I use Striker of Chao and Resta Merge on my FOnewearl, when I run out of TP, I use a Trifluid, duh, I usually use 4 or 5 of them in PW#3, that's 15000ish TP http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Prim I have a question, I got confused by what you said earlier...
If I use Resta Merge and Marina's Bag on Hedoba, wouldn't my Resta range be x8 ?
The items say "doubles Resta Range", so Hed has x2, Merge has x2 and Marina's Bag has x2, that's x8 by my count, right ?
If the boosts "add up" that's x6 then.

I thought you meant something like the maximum range is x4, meaning that two Resta boosting items on a FOnewearl would be pointless, for instance.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

The thing is, if I use Resta Merge only on Hed, the Resta looks different; and if I use Resta Merge + Marina's Bag, the Resta looks different than Resta Merge alone =/

Enlighten me ?

Skorpius
Oct 3, 2004, 05:16 AM
Resta (anti/shifta/deband) only goes to 3x normal range:
Normal = x1
character bonus or a boosting item = x2
character bonus PLUS a boosting item = x3
(or any combination)

Each item or character boost adds +1 to the range, so..
(Range:3) = (Range:1 x 3)

And, to know you're at max, you'll see sparks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2004-10-03 03:17 ]</font>

Hrith
Oct 3, 2004, 05:48 AM
So they lied when they said "doubles range" !!! OMG !!!!

Thanks, Skorpius.

Skorpius
Oct 3, 2004, 05:53 AM
Well, at least thats how ive noticed it for over a year. It doubles RANGE by adding 1 onto 1, but i still think it just adds 1 to the range value, giving 3x max.

Given the history Sonic Team has with descriptions, and such, it doesnt surprise me at all that the description would be inaccurate. <.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2004-10-03 03:54 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Oct 3, 2004, 11:19 AM
Skorp, if the max is 3x, how do you explain how a Marina's Bag/Madam's Parasol on a FOnewearl with a Resta Merge will indeed add a small amount of extra range? FOnewearl has native boost, plus the Resta Merge boost, and then gets a bit more from the weapons. Unless I'm misunderstanding you completely... But I've tested this, and the max isn't a natural boost and then a weapon or merge. >_>; It's natural boost, plus a merge or weapon, plus a bit more from merge or weapon. Though Primrose and I are in disagreement over what exactly the added amount of that last bit of range is(She says at least one normal Resta range, I say it's not even that and only a couple of steps)... It's still there, though. But it isn't worth it regardless, if someone manages to get out of your Resta range with even just the native boost, it's their own goddamned fault for running off unless it's a large room with enemies at two ends. XP Me, I'd just go for a Striker of Chao and my native boost... If I played female forces. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_barf.gif >_>; (Zero supporting is Resta Merge and native S/D boost. Don't usually encounter problems)

Skorpius
Oct 3, 2004, 01:54 PM
Disregard that insignificant amount of range, and just say its x3, because it sure isnt x4 o.o
Noone really needs 1 step of extra resta http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nai_Calus
Oct 3, 2004, 02:50 PM
On 2004-10-03 11:54, Skorpius wrote:
Disregard that insignificant amount of range, and just say its x3, because it sure isnt x4 o.o
Noone really needs 1 step of extra resta http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Which is exactly what I was arguing with Primrose ages back, lol. It EXISTS, but it's not worth bothering with. XD Though I suppose it should still be noted that it is there, but... Really, a Striker of Chao/Madam's Umbrella is a far better idea than a Marina's Bag on top of a Resta Merge. XD

Mystil
Oct 3, 2004, 03:37 PM
One time I was in a game with a FOmarl who used a resta merge and marinas bag..thinking she had the resta/anti range of 5 rooms. Well...

She found out otherwise. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Primrose
Oct 3, 2004, 03:42 PM
On 2004-10-03 03:16, Skorpius wrote:
Resta (anti/shifta/deband) only goes to 3x normal range:
Normal = x1
character bonus or a boosting item = x2
character bonus PLUS a boosting item = x3
(or any combination)

Each item or character boost adds +1 to the range, so..
(Range:3) = (Range:1 x 3)

And, to know you're at max, you'll see sparks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2004-10-03 03:17 ]</font>

Its Resta = Range x 1
Then Resta Merge = Range x 2
Than Madams Parasol/Marinas Bag = Range x3
...And if you have a female force = Range x4

It adds a fixed range, exactly the Resta range, for each Resta boosting item you have. I tested this by making Elenor get stucked in the wall, the range that is increased is always the same, even the third boost.
The sparkles dont mean maximum Range, but its the maximum visual effect you will get, the Range still gets boosted one more time after that.

Miroku77
Oct 3, 2004, 04:13 PM
I have to aggre with Primrose on this Ian...the game dosent just kinda add some range, the range is preset and it adds a preset range when its boosted...

Nai_Calus
Oct 3, 2004, 05:11 PM
And I'm with Skorpius, as painful as it is. :razz:

There's an extra boost, but it is NOT even equal to an unboosted Resta range. I tested it with my FOmar and my defunct FOnewearl, and while she did get a very slight additional boost, it amounted to about two or three steps before she was back out of Resta range of Zero.

And again, regardless of arguments over EXACTLY how much Resta range you can have, the fact remains that after a certain point it's useless. Got a FOnl? Give her a Striker of Chao instead of a Marina's Bag. Your team will thank you more for that than for two more steps of Resta range when they're not worried about not having S/D, especially since you're probably a lousy support FO who barely remembers to cast J/Z anyway. :D (Can you tell I hate FOnewearls?)

Skorpius
Oct 3, 2004, 05:50 PM
And I'm with Skorpius, as painful as it is. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
:ruffles your hair, and gives you a noogie:
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Hrith
Oct 3, 2004, 06:12 PM
I tested this with Mr. Knack, and Primrose is right, the boost is x4, the distance added to the boost is the same each time.

In your face, FOmar !

Primrose
Oct 4, 2004, 06:29 AM
I like Miroku77s argument, and i guess its true. Techniques follow a pattern, with range and strength. Each technique level has a strength level that gains power in a constant way. For each level of Shifta for example, you gain 1.3% more of your ATP, and for each Shifta level, the technique lasts 10 seconds longer.
So why should Resta not follow a pattern? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

On 2004-10-03 15:11, Ian-KunX wrote:
And again, regardless of arguments over EXACTLY how much Resta range you can have, the fact remains that after a certain point it's useless. Got a FOnl? Give her a Striker of Chao instead of a Marina's Bag. Your team will thank you more for that than for two more steps of Resta range when they're not worried about not having S/D, especially since you're probably a lousy support FO who barely remembers to cast J/Z anyway. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif (Can you tell I hate FOnewearls?)

I guess you havent played with good forces. And may i say, FOmars are not naturally good support forces. I rank them behind FOnewearl and especially behind FOmarls. What makes a good force is a force player, not class. Although, FOnewm and FOmar dont have access to Resta/Anti boosting weapons. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif
I highly disagree on Striker of Chao being more effective than a Resta boosting item. Striker of Chao is very useful in Phantasmal World, where deaths happen from more often, and you need to cast Shifta and Deband once revived. If not, the best thing is to refresh Shifta/Deband from time to time (and only while doing this, equip Striker of Chao) and for all other situations, a Resta/Anti boosting weapon is more useful, because it needs imediate casting to save lives.

On 2004-10-03 16:12, Kef wrote:
I tested this with Mr. Knack, and Primrose is right, the boost is x4, the distance added to the boost is the same each time.

In your face, FOmar !

Ah.... I love this post.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/drakee.gif

Nai_Calus
Oct 4, 2004, 09:54 AM
Yes, Primrose, as your implication goes, I am SUCH a horrible fucking support Force. People bitch about my horrible support all the fucking time, didn't you notice? And all because I don't believe an extra Resta range boost I have never once NEEDED is vital, while believeing a S/D range boost is actually useful! OMFG, I had to move an extra foot because someone ran off! 9_9 Hell, most days I don't even need a Resta Merge. For some reason I don't seem to have too much trouble keeping up on Resta... If you have that much trouble, maybe you need to re-examine something? Being able to Resta people standing at all four corners of a long room in Seabed is cute, but how often does that actually HAPPEN?(Just about never, if you're playing with even vaguely competent people, since they generally know better than to get stuck in corners...)

Again, after a point it's useless. And you know, I've never looked at my S/D range and said "Wow, that's never helped me at all". Instead of fumbling for a weapon in the six billion I'm carrying for max tech efficiency and THEN casting the techs, I just cast the damned things. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif But then, I'm psychotic in my supporting, and even if I claim it's your own fucking problem if you run off, I'll probably STILL go chase you down and Resta you if you happen to need it.

And you people want to bitch about FO classes sucking for support, why don't you people look at that paragon of uselessness and stupid support players, the FOnewm? Why the fuck do people single out the FOmar for this when it's the FOnewm that truly sucks ass here? I've played with several other FOmars that were decent supporters(Hmm, they were all melee/ranged), but I have yet to play with a FOnewm outside of VulpesMundi's(Also melee, hmm) that didn't leave me itching to leave the game and get Zero. Too much "OMGWTF I R HAV 2 N00KE!111" and not enough "Hmm, J/Z sure would be useful right about now". Not to mention the utter lack of even a S/D range boost... Yeah, he's just so awesome for support, and FOmar is just so fucking horrible. 9_9

As for the range issue, hmm. Well, if you people say it is a full additional range, alright, but I still know that it wasn't when I tested it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

*turns Del, rawrs at Skorp, and noogies back* http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Skorpius
Oct 4, 2004, 01:06 PM
:leashes Del-Ian and walks off in shame:
Drat, proven wrong :/

Mystil
Oct 4, 2004, 01:23 PM
(Can you tell I hate FOnewearls?)

First don't take this in any offense.

Well you have hated Fones sinse...the very beginning. I had extreme hatred for Fomars because of thier leetest 'I have better SD range than Fone ha!' attitude and loved to rub it on my face. Oh
and this was when Fomar players were 90% assholes. Making fun of how we need to use shifta and deband merges to be effective support forces and all that stuff. How we can't melee worth a damn and your...1074atp(??) but just imagine all that magical prowess you'd be giving up for power and accuracy.
Omg, the hatred got so extreme I had to avoid them for a long time, til I learned to bury my hatred. That might be part of the reason why FOmar is so shunned so much. And did I mention they love to join games that contain Fones? What is the point of proving supremecy when there is nothing to prove other than who has better class bonuses? And also, FOnewms are still a rare gender of the Newman force class(and a rare FO character altogether), you see 239479374 FOmars, and you see maybe 23 FOnewns.

Take your pick, heh.

I do overkill - the only merge I use is anti. And to me there is no shame in using Madamns Umbrella, with it, supportive life is so much easier. Consider the fact that you(FOmars) don't need one is a blessing, it'd be overkill, but yea.

a Resta/Anti boosting weapon is more useful, because it needs imediate casting to save lives.

If you're skilled, you don't need those(if you're a fone.)

Skorpius
Oct 4, 2004, 01:31 PM
There's Force hatred? :/
I only thought everyone hated -me-, let alone amyone else.. XP

DarkJustice74
Oct 4, 2004, 01:32 PM
Lol..

All I have to say is that I hate supporting, I'd rather ram my scythe or twin up a creatures bottom and blow them away as they bleed. But I DO know that if my teamate is getting whupped up by something, its my job as a FO to heal him, and j/z the bastard if I havent already(I usually do). Even if my resta/anti range is scrap, I still will find a way to get to my teamate and give him the help he needs. Despite what goes on around me.

Other then that, I HATE SUPPORTING.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkJustice74 on 2004-10-04 11:37 ]</font>

DarkJustice74
Oct 4, 2004, 01:36 PM
Also, what is with the hatred of Fomars nowadays? To me a force is a force. You do your job to the best of your ability. If you do it well, then more power to you. If you do it crappy, then you need work. Simple as that

Skorpius
Oct 4, 2004, 01:37 PM
You can edit your posts, there. It would be wise to learn this now, and spare getting flamed for double posting XP

Mystil
Oct 4, 2004, 01:48 PM
On 2004-10-04 11:31, Skorpius wrote:
There's Force hatred? :/
I only thought everyone hated -me-, let alone amyone else.. XP

In the game as it stands now..?

No.

But back then...oh boy, apathy everywhere...there were ALOT of FOs with HUUUGE egos.

Lol..

All I have to say is that I hate supporting, I'd rather ram my scythe or twin up a creatures bottom and blow them away as they bleed. But I DO know that if my teamate is getting whupped up by something, its my job as a FO to heal him, and j/z the bastard if I havent already(I usually do). Even if my resta/anti range is scrap, I still will find a way to get to my teamate and give him the help he needs. Despite what goes on around me.

Other then that, I HATE SUPPORTING.

I guess this explains why every game I'm in, a Fomar joins a split second after. "YES! She supports, while I kick ass, cause I HATE SUPPORTING!".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2004-10-04 11:52 ]</font>

DarkJustice74
Oct 4, 2004, 01:58 PM
Heh..

I guess you can say that.....

Primrose
Oct 4, 2004, 02:58 PM
On 2004-10-04 07:54, Ian-KunX wrote:
Yes, Primrose, as your implication goes, I am SUCH a horrible fucking support Force. People bitch about my horrible support all the fucking time, didn't you notice? And all because I don't believe an extra Resta range boost I have never once NEEDED is vital, while believeing a S/D range boost is actually useful!

Wellwell... I didnt say youre a bad support force, i never played with you, or your FOmar Zero.
What i said is, Resta/Anti boosting items are more useful than Shifta/Deband boosting items, but both are great. The thing is, you cast Shifta/Deband less than Resta/Anti, and you can cast it when things arent rough just to refresh, whereas youll probably need Resta/Anti in rough situations.

And you people want to bitch about FO classes sucking for support, why don't you people look at that paragon of uselessness and stupid support players, the FOnewm?

Well, i rank forces by their support ability like this: FOmarls, FOnewearl, FOmar, FOnewm.

I've played with several other FOmars that were decent supporters(Hmm, they were all melee/ranged), but I have yet to play with a FOnewm outside of VulpesMundi's(Also melee, hmm) that didn't leave me itching to leave the game and get Zero.

Hm, ask me next time youre on and i shall show you Lantano, obviously, my replacement for Maple. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

FOnewms are naturally not good at supporting, because of the lack of natural boosts on support techniques. But what makes it worse, is that you cant equip Resta/Anti boosting items, so youre limited to Resta/Anti Merges, the drawback here is that theres no Merge that boosts both Techniques, whereas Madams Parasol/Marinas Bag boost Resta and Anti.
And FOmars dont have access to these weapons neither.

Again, a good force is not determined by class, but especially by player.

Skorpius
Oct 4, 2004, 03:11 PM
FOnewearl > FOmarl > FOmar > FOnewm

Now, while the gaps between the first two are small, they're still in that order. The way I see, it, MST = able to support. It gives Resta HP, gives more techs to cast before a fluid, plus, FOnewearls can stand like morons while gaining the TP.

FOmarls are better battle FOs, than anything else, casting needed support while doing what they do, its just default for them, so meh :l

I honestly dont know wtf a FOmar is :/ You can do things, but not well enough.
Support? FOnewearl is better
Battle? Fomarl is better
Nuke? Fonewm is better
So, I dont know.. a challenging FO to use, maybe? D:
</random>

Hrith
Oct 4, 2004, 03:23 PM
I agree that FOnewearls are better supporters than FOmarls.

But FOmarl is not a better fighter than FOmar. On the paper, FOmarl is better, much better stats all around, can use more weapons and armours/shields, etc.
But she sucks, I can tell, it took me 181 levels of mine to realize she sucks so bad, none of her animation is good, she's slower than any other class with all weapons bar Inferno Bazooka (which sucks, not mater what) and slicers, still, the other female slicer animation is better.
She's UBER slow, even with God/Battle, you cannot make anything of her outside Cave/Spaceship.
And when her speed is acceptable, and I mean acceptable, not good, then the animation itself sucks.
On the other hand, FOmar has good animations, good speed, and his unique animations rock, his ATA is a big problem (more than his DFP or HP), if you can make up for it with weapons with high ATA, he's really good.

So yeah, FOmarl has good stats, she is a very good-looking character, but she sucks... big time.

It's a good thing she's a support whore, or she would be totally useless.

But on the support department, FOnewearl pwns her.

Vielka
Oct 4, 2004, 04:27 PM
On 2004-10-04 13:23, Kef wrote:
I agree that FOnewearls are better supporters than FOmarls.

thanks kef http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Skorpius
Oct 4, 2004, 05:09 PM
lol Kef, I do Seabed with my FOmarl without a problem. You should play with me sometime, and see HOW I fight, as a decoy and crowd control, hearding them and distracting the big ones XP

Hrith
Oct 5, 2004, 02:26 AM
I meant solo, in a team, any char is fine, some are better, but...

Skorpius
Oct 5, 2004, 03:47 AM
"I do Seabed with my FOmarl without a problem"
I said that with solo in mind XD
But, I guess it's more a matter or preferance. I dont mind FOmarls slow Partisan/Rifle animations, because im doing near 1k per hit anyway X.X;

Hrith
Oct 5, 2004, 04:19 AM
And what kind of rifle ?

My FOmarl has maw ATP, she does barely 500 damage to a Delbiter with Shifta/Zalure Lv 30, an Angel Harp with 50% Dark on a hard critical >_> And Delbiter has average DFP.

But FOmarls suck with all weapons, slicer being the better of them.

If you like your FOmarl so much that you can bear with this, good for you, I cannot anymore =/

Primrose
Oct 5, 2004, 06:05 AM
On 2004-10-04 13:11, Skorpius wrote:
FOnewearl > FOmarl > FOmar > FOnewm

Now, while the gaps between the first two are small, they're still in that order. The way I see, it, MST = able to support. It gives Resta HP, gives more techs to cast before a fluid, plus, FOnewearls can stand like morons while gaining the TP.

Well if thats your argument, than FOnewms own FOmars and FOmarls with Resta and TP regeneration. Which is by the way too slow to be useful, i only use it in case i run out of TP and want to cast Ryuker, again, people should use more Trifluids and rely less on TP stealing/reducing specials.
FOmarls are better supporters by nature, because they have Shifta, Deband, Resta and Anti range boosted. FOnewearls have Resta/Anti range boosted, which is better than a Shifta/Deband boost, but still, FOmarls have both.
But if thats how you rate things:
RAmar: 452
HUmar: 486
RAmarl: 660
HUnewearl: 733
FOmarl: 837
FOmar: 865
FOnewm: 945
FOnewearl: 1070
These are the amounts of HP you will heal with maxed MST and technique level.

FOnewearls are my favorite characters in the game, but still, i think FOmarls are better supporters by nature.

Hrith
Oct 5, 2004, 07:11 AM
On 2004-10-05 04:05, Primrose wrote:
FOnewearls are my favorite characters in the game, but still, i think FOmarls are better supporters by nature.
I don't, and I have both at Lv 180+
S/D boost is useless, so Resta/Anti boost + highest MST in game make FOnewearl best support char.

Mystil
Oct 5, 2004, 10:04 AM
UMMMM...I'm not understanding all this Fone needs Resta/anti boosting stuff. What the hell? In my case, anti is understanding, but resta?? I like never have problems healing people with my natural range. If you want to heal EVERYONE, positioning is key. But eh whatever I guess. ?_?

I'll miss using Madams Parasol by one pt of ATP, oops too bad. O_O

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2004-10-05 08:11 ]</font>

Skorpius
Oct 5, 2004, 01:18 PM
Kef, I use Holy Ray. But, not on Delbiters o.O That's where my Mechs come in, 200-400 per hit on crits (weak-strong)
Partisan comes in on Dolms, and thats where my 850-900 shows up with strong attacks. My Rifle is just to shoot down a hall, or something :/

Nai_Calus
Oct 5, 2004, 02:04 PM
Er... Scorp... You're not claiming that you're doing 900 damage with a REGULAR heavy hit, right? Because the maximum a FOmarl can do to an online Dolmolm in Ult, short of Berserk, is 849 on a heavy critical with a 100% A.Beast Soul Banish +9, assuming that it's at the very max of the damage variant. >_>; (FOmar, for those who care, all zero of you, would do 946)

So... Um, yeah, explain this to me like I'm 3? *rawrs confusedly* o.o

FOs are hard to rank for support. If you go by the amount Resta heals, FOnewm is second best, which is clearly not the case, he's dead last. If you go by range boosts, FOmarl is best, but her Resta is the worst for healing amount, falling behind even the FOmar's.

Of course, going by stats leaves out the most important part of a good support FO... Which could potentially put a HUmar at #1 and a FOnl/ml dead last, lol

Competent support player > FOnewearl > FOmarl > FOmar > FOnewm.

Which goes back to the old standby statement:

All classes suck. All classes own. It depends on the player.

...But I still think RAmar has no redeeming qualities. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Skorpius
Oct 5, 2004, 02:08 PM
Solo = offline http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Mystil
Oct 5, 2004, 06:04 PM
Solo online is fun.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Primrose
Oct 5, 2004, 08:10 PM
On 2004-10-05 12:04, Ian-KunX wrote:

...But I still think RAmar has no redeeming qualities. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

RAmars (and actually also HUmars) have good stats, mind you.

Nai_Calus
Oct 5, 2004, 08:45 PM
On 2004-10-05 12:08, Skorpius wrote:
Solo = offline http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Oh, well, bah on you then. XP Any idiot can solo OFFLINE. Hell, Zero makes an effective tech Force offline. >_>;

You don't know fun until you invincibly giggle your way through Heat Sword, answering mail while Tollaws surround you and pound uselessly, unable to get through your Deband and the Jellen raping them. >D

And yeah, RAmars have decent stats, I know. ...I still can't stand them. ^_^;

Luis
Oct 8, 2004, 08:32 PM
On 2004-10-05 02:19, Kef wrote:

But FOmarls suck with all weapons, slicer being the better of them.

If you like your FOmarl so much that you can bear with this, good for you, I cannot anymore =/

when you say all weapons you mean all melee weapons or you are including canes, wands, and rods???

a formal with cadeceus its the best grantz of the game. can easy kill a hidelt with one grantz.

Hrith
Oct 8, 2004, 08:40 PM
we were talking about melee, and meleeing with a FO weapon is suicidal.

as for her Grants boost, it does not redeem her lack of boost to other more useful techs, and the lowest MST of the FO class.

EJ
Oct 8, 2004, 10:32 PM
unless you are crazy to melee with a Fo wep >.>

Anyway I prefer using my Fomar and like someone said before it all depends on your play style.

I still dont see anything good about a Ramar http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ForceEJ on 2004-10-08 20:33 ]</font>

Skorpius
Oct 8, 2004, 10:56 PM
You don't know fun until you invincibly giggle your way through Heat Sword, answering mail while Tollaws surround you and pound uselessly, unable to get through your Deband and the Jellen raping them. >D
I do that in CAVE XD cept lilies ):

RAMers are just blah D:

Hrith
Oct 9, 2004, 06:06 AM
Now that I leveled my RAmar a bit, he's actually good, but RAmarls pwns him in every way, that's undeniable, still, he's good, and fun to play, especially when you love rangers as is my case.

The two chars that I think have no redeeming features are HUcaseal and RAcaseal, they suck and are ugly (well most of them), sure a good player can make any class turn out good, but basically, they're not, not at all.

Capricornus
Oct 9, 2004, 06:33 AM
On 2004-10-09 04:06, Kef wrote:

The two chars that I think have no redeeming features are HUcaseal and RAcaseal, they suck and are ugly

*goes slightly off topic*
Either I correct your post or we become enemies http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif

A general fact is that the Hucaseal has the best ATA from all the hunters (which makes using all hunter weapons without hit% no problem at all) and is uber in Cmode.
Its a nice change too for all the dreamcast vetrans because its one of the new classes ST added for ep1-2.

On a more personal note I like the Hucaseal for the ninja like look she offers and nothing beats her twin saber animation.

Lets just hope your post wasnt meant for Ibuki and we shall become friends again http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_kuddel.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Capricornus on 2004-10-09 04:39 ]</font>

DezoPenguin
Oct 9, 2004, 07:47 AM
On 2004-10-09 04:33, Capricornus wrote:
Its a nice change too for all the dreamcast vetrans because its one of the new classes ST added for ep1-2.

And right there is why my first GC character was a HUcaseal (and my second a RAmarl...and for that matter, probably why my wife picked a FOmar).

What bugs me about HUcaseals, though, is when you compare their stats to RAcasts. Way fewer HP, lower ATP, lower DFP, lower ATA. All the HUcaseal has going for her is boatloads of EVP (the worst stat in the game, natch) and the ability to use Hunter weapons (and some very nice unique animations on those weapons, admittedly...mmm, daggers...), if you don't count their superior looks.

Though online I'd suppose they'd be superior to HUmars, given the presence of a competent Force to handle the S/D/J/Z chores (though I suppose in the presence of a competent Force online any class will do so long as the player isn't a fumble-thumbed moron...), it still aggravates me that my favorite Hunter gets her stats owned by a fragging RANGER!

Hrith
Oct 9, 2004, 07:55 AM
Yes, I like Ibuki, just like I hate the looks of HUmar and still like Omar very much, or like I hate RAcaseal's looks and totally like Shinobu, heh ;x

There are exceptions, and that is a good thing.

Capricornus
Oct 9, 2004, 08:16 AM
On 2004-10-09 05:55, Kef wrote:
Yes, I like Ibuki, just like I hate the looks of HUmar and still like Omar very much, or like I hate RAcaseal's looks and totally like Shinobu, heh ;x

There are exceptions, and that is a good thing.

Good good, I buy you a beer next time I see you online http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

Nai_Calus
Oct 9, 2004, 04:46 PM
On 2004-10-08 20:56, Skorpius wrote:

I do that in CAVE XD cept lilies ):

Yeah, Zero probably could too, especially if I actually gave him decent equipment(I.e., not a Guard Wave and a Secret Gear). The problem is that REDRIA Caves is mostly shit or things I already have, and I loathe and despise Caves. XP Lavis? Got. Demo? With nice %s, thank you, Mil. Red Sword? Got that off of SKYLY. Red Slicer? Yeah, that too. Not much incentive to do a level when you hate it and there's nothing there to find. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif (This is why I will never, ever do VIRIDIA Ice Spinner with anybody. No. It won't happen. Go away. >_>)

Skorpius
Oct 9, 2004, 05:59 PM
I like Ice Spinner X(
I find it fun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I like Cave all together, but that's just me, and probably JUST me D: