PDA

View Full Version : EP2 C-Mode Time Attack (new website for videos)

yellow5
Sep 29, 2004, 01:17 AM
7/19/05: See my signature for a link to my PSO C-mode website.

-------------------

First things first: in order to TA, you need to memorize the maps and enemy spawns. Two excellent EPII c-mode websites can be found here:

http://psoep.zdap.jp/challenge/index.html
http://www.ne.jp/asahi/mihara/sakura/pso/ep2_challenge/index.html

Updated: 2/10/05

My current times:
2-1: 39"05
2-2: 35"24
2-3: 17"03
2-4: 42"52
2-5: 22"49
Total: 2'37"13

I have a JP friend that has a 2-2 time of 28 min and 2-4 time of 38 min. His overall time is 2'03"00! He jokingly said his goal was 1'50"00 O_o

Anyway, I was wondering if people had strategies or tips for each area. If you have a good time for a stage, please describe the team you were in.

Tips that I have gathered:
2-1 (Temple):
-Ignore the first scape doll route
-During the sections where you need to split up the group, always go 3:1, with either the strongest player or the FO going alone.
-In the room where three Rappies fall from the sky, put a damage trap in the middle and get the boxes in the hidden path. When they land, the traps will activate and before you know it, the next wave appears. [pics coming soon]
-In the area where you have to activate the four switches, two people should cover the northeast switch, since it is the longest. One player should take the Belra route, and the last player (preferably an android) should take care of the other two.
-For the boss fight, use Daggers on the head. Learn the "safe" points on the raft where you wont get hit by the spread blast (corner of raft) or laser beam (directly in front of Barba Ray). [pics coming soon]

2-2 (Spaceship):
-In the first room, split up 3:1, with either the strongest player or the FO going alone.
-Ignore the side treasure chests in Area 9.
-Always ignore dubchics, unless you must destroy them to advance.
-The real Gol Dragon is always the one that flies up first after splitting.

2-3 (CCA):
-Ignore all enemies in the first area.
-When splitting up in the first area, 2 should go to the right and take care of that switch. The other 2 should take care of the other three. One of the players should leave the person at the third switch room and take care of the last one. The two that took the right path should release the player before going to the next area.
-When fighting the Mericol mini-boss, have the FO tech it to death while one HU distracts the projectile it throws.
-During the Gal Gryphon fight, the FO should always cast Zalure. Everyone should rally at the center so that the FO can cast Shifta. If there is a HUcaseal, HUmar, or any of the RAs, attack the head with a gun-type. If you find a Mechgun, use it! When Gal does the lightning attack, he lowers his head. As a HU, take this opportunity to deal significant damage, but make sure you don't accidentally touch the lightning. [video coming soon]

2-4 (Seabed)
-In the first area, first player should do, what I call, the Sinow trick, where it knocks you down a floor in the room with two Sinows and a Healing Ring. If successful, you should be on the same route as players 2,3, and 4. Clear a path for them until they catch up to you.
-When fighting Del Depths, Androids should lay a trap while they are sliding around on the ground and activate it to deal some damage before they rise from the ground. FOs can cast Gifoie and deal damage liket this too. When they actually rise, do H-H-N combos, since only connecting with the third attack of a combo prevents them from returning to their sliding animation. Using Hard attacks decreases your chance of connecting during the first two attacks, and then using a Normal attack guarantees connecting. Even if you connect with one of the Hard attacks, the damage will be worth it.
-Only destroy the Recoboxes that spawn Recos.
-During the second form of the Olga battle, all HUs and the FO should stay near his foot. After he does the shockwave attack, he will usually follow with the Divine (Heaven) Punishment attack. To survive this, run into one of the mines strewn about the arena. Don't run into a freeze or shock mine, since you don't get an invincibility period. His attack pattern is always the same: walk, shockwave, Divine Punishment, walk, shockwave, Divine Punishment, walk, shockwave, jump, walk, shockwave, Divine Punishment. Rinse and repeat. Notice after the third shockwave attack that he doesn't follow with a Divine Punishment. Use this opportunity to get in some good damage. He should be dead soon. [video maybe]

2-5 (Control Tower):
-Only destrony Recoboxes that spawn Recos.
-Ignore fighting enemies in rooms with the door already unlocked.
-On Epsilon, HUs should only attack when it is in its lightning or fire forms. The FO should attack Epsilon in all forms (with Barta if you have to). Fire form: FO Zondes, HU attacks; Lightning form: FO Foies, Androids use damage traps, HUs attack; Ice form: FO Bartas from a distance; Megid form: FO Bartas from a distance.

I hope these tips help other EP2 Cmoders, and I hope others have some tips to share also.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2005-07-18 18:04 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2005-07-19 10:58 ]</font>

Deus-Irae
Sep 29, 2004, 03:33 AM
wow, some good tips there. nice work!

im glad people are actually TA-ing EP2 cmode. even after all of the bitching everyone was doing when the no random enemy spawn thing was announced, i knew it would still be fun and worthwhile to TA.

(naysayers: told ya so!:p)

good luck with your ep2 times.

SLON
Sep 29, 2004, 07:14 AM
I think that a great deal of time could be saved by deciding beforehand exactly who is going to do what; too often when the party has to split it's a case of wondering who is going where and wondering what switches have or have not already been pressed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SLON on 2005-08-23 04:46 ]</font>

yellow5
Sep 29, 2004, 05:53 PM
EPII is a lot of fun. More people should try it!

Hey, Bobble, didn't know you posted here! We need to get you and I under 4 hours for EPI. Hehe.

I forgot to mention that, in 2-5, you level up super fast since the experience gained has increased. You should level up every two rooms, so take advantage of this. As FOs, don't worry about running out of fluids, since it gets replenished when you level up. Androids should always spam Freeze Traps; it's essential to just surviving certain areas.

I hope to get some pictures and videos of some of the more specific tips that I mentioned above, like how to avoid the Divine Punishment attack, where to stand on the Barba Ray raft to avoid receiving unneccesary damage, the Sinow trick, and more.

If anyone has anything to add, feel free because I want to learn as much as possible about EPII C-Mode.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2004-10-11 00:31 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Sep 29, 2004, 06:26 PM
I have stuff to add, but in a little while.

yellow5
Oct 3, 2004, 05:45 PM
I almost forgot about this topic. I've been doing some more EP2 TA and have a new strategy for CCA. It's a bit complicated:

I was in a team with two FOs, a RAcaseal, and my HUcast (DEL). The first area is the most important. When splitting up, each team should consist of one FO and a non-FO. The team that goes to the right takes care of that one switch. The second team takes care of #2; here, the FO leaves the character that gets the switch behind and heads for switch #4. The team that goes right releases the the player from #2 and heads to #3. The second FO follows the other FO to the Transporter while the two non-FO characters take care of #3.

This strategy enables the two FO to take care of the Mericol mini-boss in area 2 while the two non-FO characters are still making their way to the Transporter. By the time the other two players get to the second area, the Mericol is dead and you immediately move on to the third area (Mountain).

In Mountain, the two FO Zonde Gi-Gue to death while the other two kill Gees for weapons. The rest of the stage is the same.

For the boss, both FOs should stay near Gal and Zonde. When it lands, spam Barta. If you get good weapons early on (Mechguns w/hit on a HUcaseal http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif), you can beat this stage in under 12 minutes...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2004-10-11 00:32 ]</font>

rena-ko
Oct 3, 2004, 06:57 PM
nice work, nice work

and nice to get to know you on psow, we played together already (at least i have your card, heh)

i second the part about 2c3:
best team would be 2 hucl, 2 fonl
either bet on getting 2 guns on the way (like my one 16 minute run wielded) or be quick and 2 people run for the fixed boxes (at least gibbles and gi gue)

for gal gryphon:
always - from the very beginning - go where gal heads to. dont stay where it starts the flight.
use the area map for that, its easy.

gals air pattern:
turns clockwise, stops, turns clockwise, dives back, makes a rush and either flies over the whole area or does a land.

only the wings do damage, stay where its body crosses the area.

when landing: gunner on head or wing. HHH if two attack same target, NHH if one attacks (because of the cancel).
each force should barta each front foot 4-5 times.

if it shocks, huct/meleefighter should be in already, pounding on its right frontfoot from the inside (gal's head side) and can turn around to the head easily, dealing around 70 per hard hit.

if no huct is present, just stay directly in front of him and shot away.

for 2c4:
its a matter of weapons, so go for the 4 weapon boxes right after the ring in area 1.

practice the start. 4th player should be killing the two depths quickly. either alterning the foie blasts or using freezetraps.

3rd player is easiest route. confuse trap, kill off stuff.

2nd player, confuse the olms, freeze the depth.

1st player. advancing quickly and getting punched down to the ring in the ring room (practice that - easiest way is 2nd player path - there is only one spot where it works (at least afaik)). finish off the sinows and go on clearing the big olm room.

goal is 6 mins for first area or better.

rest is the usual. only care for the fixed box rooms (like the pallasch in the secret room in area 24 i think) and the hp mats / room.

its essential to know what reboxes to kill and what is the easiest route for the whole run.

laserfences can be ignored if youre rushing through it quickly. switches for megidrooms should be as well.

hm, more later, i guess.
i'm happy to see that there is still some space for me in 2c1 ^-^

haruna
Oct 4, 2004, 01:35 PM
As true with any TA game, replaying for good weapons at the right time is important, especially in epsiode 2 c-mode.
What do you folks consider to be vital drops?

For C1, running with a FOnl, HUct and HUcl x 2, hand guns(just for trap shooting in general) and a hit % weapon for the HUct are immidiate priorities.
Most of the big nasties of this stage are native(hildies, nests) or dark(belras.) Unfortunately, weapons in the Temple only get %s on one attribute.
Best I've seen is 60%, anyone seen higher?

You'll want A-beast daggers for the boss, but they aren't an immidiate need.

For C2, during the stage itself, machines are the most common pests. A machine % sword could demolish the swathes of Gilchics you have to deal with. A swing from a sword can come in handy for clearing paths.
For the boss, my HUcl found an autogun with 70% native, 20% hit. It allowed me to keep doing damage to the face easily.

On C3, I'd love to try your 2-FO party! Sadly I'm on Xbox and getting c-mode teams together isn't easy.
A very competant TA player experimented offline with his HUcast, beat the griffon at level 19 with a buster or brand and an auto gun.
The face and wing-pits are notable weakpoints and best accessed with a gun.
I've only beaten this stage with a FO. I would barta the wing tips so I could easily avoid the stomp(seems like the blast goes to the tips of his wings-they're a handy measuring reference.)

C4-Haven't cleared yet.

C5-I'm wondering how effective my favorite tactic doing normal mode Epsilon fights is:
-Run tight circles right up against epsilon. Just make sure not to actually bump him so that you stop running.
-When he opens his epsi-guards, you won't get hit and you'll all be right up next to him so you can pound his arse.

Sharkyland
Oct 5, 2004, 05:25 PM
e2c4
- When his head gets real close, you can attack him with his saber.
- The fire traps would be nice if you knew which one were the fire traps, but if you a bit tardy from getting out of there, you can take your chances.

e2c5
- If available, use grants on epsilon on red form.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2004-10-05 15:28 ]</font>

rena-ko
Oct 7, 2004, 04:08 AM
when epsi opens up, the guards are closer than in ult mode. ergo you still get hit.

how much more damage does grants do (on fonl, foml)?
is it really worth it, when found since it takes longer to cast?

epsilon is always semi-weak to barta.
you need enough distance so you dont get hit, then target the rotating shields so that your barta blast hits the core as well. does around 35 with a fonl.

if you play with Js, the fight will most likely lag.
if you, as a force, see the huct attack it, while its closed, just go in and zalure it anyway. it will be zalure'd on the huct's screen.

also, every player should enter the room. its big enough to hide in there, and the more are in the room, the longer epsy seems to stay open.

Sharkyland
Oct 7, 2004, 04:18 AM
Grants: 100 - 150dmg?

(I always think TAing is for those who are so lucky. I mean I remember when I'm fighting Olga flow we beat him & his 2nd form in 6mins [we started at 8min of server maintenance and left around at 2min of server maintenace] and damn, there was this one time where he did his beam attack more than once and he would fly away to a range where only a lockgun/railgun could hit him or he would go back and forth and around the dang circle platform [my god that took forever to kill him like 15 mins? His 1st form took almost twice as long as his 2nd form. (It's so funny when someone yells 'FREAKING DIE ALREADY DAMMIT' and the next shot kills him]. Or fighting gol and getting the right one down when he splits. Or having some awesome %s for your weapons and slots for your armor or having the weapons drop early.) It is all luck to me, and that's why I don't TA, plus... I'm human, even though I ain't perfect I make a lot of mistakes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2004-10-07 02:26 ]</font>

SLON
Oct 8, 2004, 07:15 AM
Luck has a lot to do with it, true, but then luck plays a part in normal PSO too (ask anyone lucky enough to have found an uber rare in only a few hours) and many other games. The point about TA is that it's fun to play. My times are not brilliant by any stretch of the imagination (not one good enough to be a true TA time), but I'm always trying to improve them, and I've made some good friends at the same time.
Plenty of people want to get to Lv 200 in normal PSO, and similarly plenty of TA players want to break the magical 3 hour mark for Ep1 (I've got a long way to go to get that good!)

Sharkyland
Oct 8, 2004, 04:04 PM
I suppose your right.

yellow5
Oct 11, 2004, 02:30 AM
I've been tryin to do some more EP2 c-mode, but I keep finding myself in EPI games http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. I've finally managed to get DEL's EPI time under 4 hrs, though.

The other day, I coordinated a 2-1 game and fellow PSOW member, rena-ko, tagged along (after pressuring him/her for a couple of minutes http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif).

First thing we decided to do was get some extra Monofluids for the FOrce by dying in the first room. Then, we proceeded to clear the stage as fast as we could. In the end, we managed to complete the stage in approx. 39 min, which isn't bad, but our (my) goal was to get it to 35 or below.

So, I'm thinking, good weapons early on are important. We didn't see daggers until the last area, and weapons with hit%would have helped speed up the slaughtering of Dimenians! Also, less damage cancel and more one-on-one fighting to maximize damage dealt is important.

I've managed to get my EP2 c-mode time down to 2'37"00 or so.

Edit: Btw, thanks to all who have contributed thus far. I hope there are more submissions in the future so that people interested in improving their time can have a place to get some tips and suggestions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2004-10-11 00:39 ]</font>

SLON
Oct 11, 2004, 07:27 AM
The biggest problem with damage cancel for me is as follows: I see a monster on its own, attack it, and then find out one of my companions (who is, according to my screen, on the other side of the room), is also attacking it!! This drives me mad! He's stood there hacking away at nothing, but the damage appears on the monster I've decided to hit.
I think lag plays a big part in such incidences.
For example, A Sorceror Rafoies the party - the damage does not seem to occur simultaneously, rather team members fall over in a time period of 0 to 3 seconds. I wonder if everyone recorded their version of the stage, how similar or not they would look!

Sharkyland
Oct 11, 2004, 01:56 PM
Yeah, I experience that a lot with cmode with someone all the way across the room hitting the enemy that I'm hitting. It sucks when its those gilchics because you want to knock them down and suddenly they are knocked back. x_x

Rafoie does suck, but mostly what I try to do is if I have enough strength to kill him, I'd kill him, if not... I try to run in there first and try to lead them away from the my teammates so I take the hit alone. I remember when I was in the hallway between the room (I was like 5xp from the next lvl) and my friend got targeted for Rafoie near the doorway and I got killed too. x_x

yellow5
Jan 29, 2005, 06:50 PM
A small update: During Olga Flow's second form, stay near his right foot. It knocks you down and immediately follows with the Divine Punishment attack. Since you are knocked down, you will be invincible for a short period of time. In this case, it's long enough to avoid the attack entirely. Just remember to keep your HP full at all times.

Sitka
Feb 4, 2005, 06:55 PM
We tried the ole get behind the right foot thing last night and he did his Divine Punisher thing and killed ALL of us. Damn!

After we lost the challenge and after hearing my mates giving me crap for the strategy, I thought about it and figured we got to the right foot too late. He had already thrown his foot back when we got to it, which is why we all died.

Damn thing is, it takes us almost an hour just to get to that point, so if you screw it up, no one wants to try it again.

We did behind the rock sniping after that - unfortunately, unsuccessfully.

Once more into the breach!

Sitka
Feb 5, 2005, 11:55 PM
Got it right last night - finally.

Way behind you guys time wise - but then again, I'm on xbox - try getting 4 c-moders together who have the patience to set up a good run: it's tough on xbox.

So far, I've completed E2 with Racast and FOnewearl. Now it's time to try the Hucast and Hucaseal - they just need E2C4. These two have been able to get much better times for me on most stages, so hopeful that bodes well for E2C4 as well.

We're definitely improving. I'm now able to avoid most of the crits and I'm learning how to avoid the hallway critters better. Still trying to memorize the spawning recobox locations and successfully complete the Sinow trick. At least I'm not worried about the warp room anymore.

A long way from TAing, but getter closer to respectable times - pretty good on xbox.

yellow5
Feb 6, 2005, 12:50 AM
What are your clear times? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

It's just as hard getting EP2 games on the GameCube version. Everyone prefers EP1, including most non-Japanese players. The Japanese players that have under 2'10 usually play together exclusively. I need a good, consistent EP2 team, but that's not going to happen.

Sitka
Feb 6, 2005, 08:30 PM
Clear Times (don't laugh):

E2C1: 57:37
E2C2: 55:37
E2C3: 53:05
E2C4: 69:52
E2C5: 34:03

Horrible, I know. But, I am improving on c-mode and those times will come down - a lot - I assure you.

I have been looking for a GC version, but the local shops aren't carrying it. I might just ebay it and then try to hook up with you and the gc crowd. If I could get in with a consistent group of 4, that would be just great. If not, at least I'm enjoying the ride!

yellow5
Feb 6, 2005, 09:15 PM
On 2005-02-06 17:30, Sitka wrote:
Clear Times (don't laugh):

E2C1: 57:37
E2C2: 55:37
E2C3: 53:05
E2C4: 69:52
E2C5: 34:03

Horrible, I know. But, I am improving on c-mode and those times will come down - a lot - I assure you.

I have been looking for a GC version, but the local shops aren't carrying it. I might just ebay it and then try to hook up with you and the gc crowd. If I could get in with a consistent group of 4, that would be just great. If not, at least I'm enjoying the ride!

Those times remind me of mine before I started TAing. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

You can find PSO Plus online. They have it at Outpost for $23 (http://shop1.outpost.com/product/4169393), but they have it as a preorder. You might want to call them.

Buy.com (http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=50018786&loc=108&sp=1) has it for $28. If you buy it here, you can get 10% off if you add this coupon (http://www.buy.com/retail/coupon.asp?prid=88007051) to your cart. Save a couple bucks. Expires 2/10/05.

Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/offering/list/-/B0002LA59I/all/qid=1107741351/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1a/102-7325147-8476126) also has the game for $30.

I have a Nintendo Modem Adapter I could give you since I upgraded to the Broadband Adapter. Although, since you are on the X-Box version, you obviously have Broadband.

Cheeers! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2005-02-06 18:44 ]</font>

Sitka
Feb 7, 2005, 11:25 AM
I'll probably order that gc version to have another option for c-mode. I'll post you when I'm set up.

In the meantime, we have a pretty good group running challenge on xbox, but we're not far enough along for many folks to actually think about TAing stages. Most times we are either 1) trying to take a first time char. through so any time is a good time or 2) folks who have gotten their main chars through are trying a ramar or a hunewearl or something which makes it tough to try and get a good time.

It's cool. Now that I've gotten a few chars. through and I'm learning the maps/spawns/strategies I can focus a bit more on improving times. I think it would definitely be helpful, though, to have the other option to get a consistent group of 4 to get things down solid.

So, we'll work towards trying to set that up.

Thanks again for the tips Yellow5.

Sitka
Feb 9, 2005, 02:03 AM
It's getting better - thanks to the tips and help from some great xbox players including Shigecki, Curacklin and Snow.

E2C1 time now down to 56:35, E2C2 is now 48:50, and E2C3 is now 46:80. Small improvements, but improvements none the less.

Beat E2C3 twice and E2C4 once today - for the first time played the Hucast instead of a Ranger or Force. It feels great to get the great weapons and be the MAN - if you know what I mean.

Tried something new on E2C3. In the past, after defeating Gibbles, we Sinow-dodged down to the far room on control tower, did the middle ring, then left, then right to get healing ring and boxes.

Today, we just cleared up Seaside and were able to get decent enough weapons to go straight to boss. Not new to TA players, I know, but new for me and it worked relatively well. Twice we got to Gal Gryphon in about 15 minutes, but beating him took quite a bit of time.

What I would like to know from the TAers is specific strategy for taking on Gal Gryphon and beating him as quickly as possible without losing scapes to the stomp and the tromp. We pretty much followed the guides, but getting one or two hits and then running for your life takes an awful lot of time. I wish there was some little trick that I don't know about that enables me to stay closer without dropping scapes.

Tonight was a hell of a lot of fun and beating Flow again is the bomb - it's the most fun in PSO for me right now.

WORD - for you PSO players, legit or non-legit, who have not tried c-mode - you've gotta try it. It's awesome!

yellow5
Feb 9, 2005, 07:19 PM
A useful tip: when you reach the Mountain area, while the FOrce is dealing with the Gi Gue, everyone else should kill Gees and attack those circular poison traps on the ground for items. The Gibbons are a waste of time. Don't forget to pick up the Resta 3 and General HP.

What kind of classes are usually in your teams? I would say that 2 Forces and 2 HUcaseals would be the ultimate TA team, but there are other good variations. Sometimes a RAcast or RAcaseal is pretty good. I don't really recommend HUnewearl or RAmarl unless you are very experienced.

The main strategy for Gal Gryphon is to have at least one person with a gun, either it be a HUcaseal/HUmar or a RAnger. They are the main damagers and should attack the head at all times. There are two fixed Autogun boxes in the last area (near boss warp). Get them if you need them. Anyway, the FOs and HUs need to get in close and just attack. HUs can usually get in 2 combos and FOs can spam a few bartas. When Gal Gryphon is in the air, FOrces can use Zonde if you want, but I don't recommend it for beginners -- it depends on whether or not the FO uses Resta much.

You need to know the boss' attack routine. When it is in the air shooting Typhoons at you, run to a spot directly in front of it at the opposite side of the room if you are a HU or RA. If the FOs decide to Zonde, they should stay near Gal and Zonde. You avoid any damage from the swoop attack if you are directly under it's belly. After he does his swoop attack, everyone run to the middle to get Shifta. Then attack it when it lands.

When you deal a certain amount of damage, it will swoop halfway (or thereabouts) and land. At this point, the FOrces should not stay near Gal when it is in the air any more. Everyone should follow the routine of finding a spot across the room directly in front of Gal and wait for it to do the swoop attack. If it lands prematurely, attack. If it goes over your heads, run to the middle and wait for it to turn around and land.

Take advantage of the time when it does the lightning attack. Do as much damage as you can, but remember that it will immediately follow up with a shock attack if and only if it remains lain on the ground. If it gets up and starts running around, you don't need to run away.

2-3 is all about the boss fight. You need to make your hits count and attack as often as it is safe to do so.

Let me know if you want me to clarify anything.

Sitka
Feb 9, 2005, 07:39 PM
Yellow5 - Thanks!

We're going to try that and report back.

seiryu
Feb 10, 2005, 05:21 AM
On 2005-02-08 23:03, Sitka wrote:
WORD - for you PSO players, legit or non-legit, who have not tried c-mode - you've gotta try it. It's awesome!

I want to, but I couldn't find a team. I was on today (well technically yesterday, Wed. Feb. 9) and couldn't find a team. I tried Alcyone 6 but no luck. I think I saw Rena-ko too, not sure though (I just saw a 'G' for lang. settings and guessed it was him/her). I want to at least try it, I don't mind if I'm not good enough to TA, but at least be able to complete cmode with a decent time. If you do get PSO+ for GC and get online and don't mind helping a newb like myself, that would be cool. XD

Sitka
Feb 10, 2005, 12:02 PM
Your title says uber jtranslator.

I guess that means you can translate Japanese well. Maybe we could help each other. I'm getting better at c-mode - not great, mind you - but better.

I'm quite intimidated about having to learn Japanese to play Blue Burst or c-mode on gamecube, but if you're willing to school a noobie in that department, I'd be more than happy to run some challenge mode with you - for sure.

I'm still debating whether to set up for the cube or make the jump to Blue Burst - it's the Japanese thing that's been holding me back. Plus the fact that I have so many well developed chars on xbox. My plan is to hang on with the xbox crowd, then make the jump when no one wants to play anymore - we've got a pretty good group going on xbox right now.

Shout out to Yellow5 - played the Gol Dragon the way you outlined it - worked like a charm. I got sloppy and dropped a scape (can't toggle fast enough on a freeze), but other than that - we took it down pretty quickly.

Haruna gave me the big Bu-FU sign for missing the gate switch not once, but twice on E1C1 last night - I've been playing the E2 so much, my brain is dead for E1 right now.

On a positive note, picked up my ninth s-rank weapon last night. It's all good - very good.

seiryu
Feb 10, 2005, 04:24 PM
well I can read japanese to an extent, I'm a manga translator so I mostly use the furigana to help me determine which meaning the kanji has. I guess maybe 'uber' isn't really a good word to describe my skill, just I have been translating manga for over a year now (~14 months).

so sometimes I still have trouble reading the text the japanese players use. but for the most part I can communicate with them decently I guess.

yellow5
Feb 10, 2005, 09:54 PM
I've updated the original post with my current EP2 cmode times.

I finally have my HUcast back, still in tact. I now have an incentive to do cmode; I just need to find a team...

Sitka
Feb 24, 2005, 01:49 PM
Yellow5,

Would you be willing to write a TA strategy guide for Episode 2 challenge?

On her website, Haruna has a great, room-by-room walkthrough for Episode 1, stages 1-6, which I found very helpful when learning and trying to help others learn TA strategy for Episode 1.

I would love to see something similar for Episode II. More than a synopsis, but an actual room-by-room walkthrough which a newer player can put in front of him/her and play through.

I would be more than willing to help, but my knowledge is far less than yours. Perhaps we could get contributions from rena-ko and some of the other strong veterans on multi-force options and how to effectively use those strategies.

I'm constantly directing newer players to this website and your posts to give them background as we start to learn the various rooms in the Ep 2 challenge games, but a printable guide would be a great thing - both for myself and for some of the newer folks we're introducing to c-mode.

Let me know if you might want to do it - again, I would be happy to assist in any way that I can.

yellow5
Feb 24, 2005, 03:50 PM
Hmmm, seems like a lot of work. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I'm a lazy bastard. I have a hard enough time updating my Hunter's Guild FAQ. Give me a link to Haruna's site so I can take a look at what you mean.

What I really want to do is record video of my EP2 cmode runs, but I just don't have the equipment.

yellow5
Mar 8, 2005, 03:50 PM
I just did an EP2C4TA run with a few Japanese players as my FOnewearl. I learned something new today: I used to think those green warps with that brownish electric field in the middle automatically warped you randomly to two predetermined spots on the map. Today, I realized that there are actually two warps there, one on the left and one on the right. Each side takes you to a specific room, so where you get warped is NOT random.

I figured this out when the HUcaseal said "L" (left) right before the warp that takes you either to the Sinows or the Dolmolm (blue squids). I decided to follow the HUcaseal to the left of the warp, and I got warped to the Dolmolm room; whereas, the other two HUs (who touched the right side) warped to the Sinow rooms.

In this instance, I should have touched the right side of the warp to follow the two HUs instead of following the HUcaseal. I was wasting resources and time because she could have taken care of them herself.

Overall, the run was horrible. I died 3 times to Sinow punches before even getting to Olga. On the Olga boss fight, only the HUcaseal had a long-range weapon, so the first form took forever.

The second form was intense. I stayed behind his right foot as best I could so I would get knocked down and become momentarily invincible. When I didn't have enough time and a Divine Punishment attack was coming, I just ran into a mine instead. Same thing; I got knocked down and was immune to any damage.

Clear time: 48"29

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2005-04-28 16:51 ]</font>

Sitka
Mar 8, 2005, 04:07 PM
I wish my E2C4 times were as horrible as 48 minutes.

Good information - I didn't know about that warp - now I'll head for the easy squid room and let the other guys fight the sinows.

But seriously, thanks for the information. I have to practice that right foot trick - still trying to get it right.

Thanks.

Sitka
Mar 10, 2005, 12:42 PM
Question for Yellow5:

I noticed on one of the Japanese maps for the first form of Flow a diagram with two arrows in the middle of the circle on the platform.

Having watched one of the JP video links, I'm assuming the suggestion is to run around the middle ring during the fight - particularly to avoid his green blade attack.

Should this be an objective through most of the fight? In most of our battles, we get as close to Flow as we can and try to zalure, hit him from there and just take our damage/resta when he does the green blade attack. What's best for TA?

Second, back to the get behind the right foot strategy. What is the force supposed to do? I cannot survive the wall attack - I have to run and by the time I get back to Flow for the Divine Punishment attack, his right foot has already been thrust back, so I can't take advantage of the temporary invincibility. The only way I've been able to survive the second form as a force is to 1) run in and zalure when he walks or after third cycle, 2) run for cover behind rocks when he does his wall attack and 3) stay far away when he does Divine Punishment.

I don't know if it was lag or what, but the other night he did his DP attack on the opposite side of the room from us and all of us (3) died instantly - we were nowhere close to him. This happened three times in that fight.

If you could outline the specific step-by-step strategy for the force, that would be AWESOME! (video link would be supreme).

Thanks in advance for your continued help.

yellow5
Mar 10, 2005, 04:10 PM
Everyone usually tries to avoid being hit by the green laser beam, but since it takes Olga so long to start the attack, you can usually get in a few attacks and still have enough time to dodge the attack. Many times, though, you will get hit by the beam no matter how much of a head start you get. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

When I play my FO, I try to stick as close to Olga Flow's right foot as much as possible. In fact, I never run away or hide behind rocks. I'm always in the fray, because the FOrces job is critical in this portion of the battle. You need to keep Olga Zalured and the whole team healed at all times. In addition, with confuse mines all over the place, a confused HU is pretty much screwed unless you can get in a quick Anti and save him or her before the Divine Punishment attack.

So, I'm in there with the Hunters. I think you need over 200 HP to survive the shockwave attack, which is why giving all the HP mats to the FOrce is important (and also why RAngers are not favored in this boss battle).

Usually, when Olga does the shockwave attack, his right foot is pulled back (think Akuma from Street Fighter when he releases a fireball), so I get hit by that maneuver to become invincible. Then, I get up close to his right foot again (since Divine Punishment usually follows) and get hit by the right foot again to avoid dying. It's kind of risky, but it's worth it when you get a good time.

As for that super-long range Divine Punishment, I'm not sure if you know this, but the range of the attack (I think!) is determined by those two flying "Mags" (Gael/Gial). Here's a picture illustration:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v32/yellowaznboy/a73483cd.bmp

Olga Flow is the blue thing (center of the red circle) and the Mags are those two small circles. The radius of the attack is shown by r and everything in the red cirle is susceptible to the attack. The further away the Mags are from Olga, the bigger the radius of the circle, and thus the range of the attack. In this example, P1 and P2 are dead (unless they know how to become invincible), but P3 and P4 are safe.

The reason you guys died was because the Mags followed you guys. If you have a RA in the team, it might be a good idea to kill the Mags so they don't follow you and to minimize the range of the attack.

The picture is not geometrically accurate, but it's the best I could do with Microsoft Paint. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2005-03-10 13:19 ]</font>

yellow5
Mar 19, 2005, 03:12 AM
Here's a quick tip that might seem stupid at first, but is often employed in EP2C4 TA games:

In EP2C4, players should enter the game in this order:
First player (red): HUcast (if no HUcast, strongest player)
Second player (green): Non-FO
Third player (yellow): FO
Fourth player (blue): Non-FO.

You usually see teams like this:
Red: HUcast
Green: HUcaseal
Yellow: FOnewearl
Blue: HUcaseal

If you have a different order and want to change "icons" just have the players that want to switch exit the game and reenter in the order desired.

For example, you currently have a team like this:
Red: FOnewearl
Yellow: HUcast

But you want P1 to be the HUcast and P3 to be the FOnewearl. To do this, both the HUcast and FOnewearl should leave the game. Then, have the HUcast enter again before the FOnewearl and your team will look like this:
Red: HUcast
Yellow: FOnewearl

The two HUcaseals retain their respective icons, and the HUcast and FOnewearl switch icons (player positions). Often times, when playing with the Japanese, they will switch players around for optimal performance after a full team has been assembled. It's good to know where you should be if they ask you to change icons.

On a side note, I've purchased a device that will let me record some of my runs. Hopefully, everything works out OK and I should have videos by the end of the month. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sitka
Mar 19, 2005, 02:42 PM
I'm online with the GC now. My first several ventures online have been a little overwheming: FSOD and flame-baiting. Oh well, noob time. Still trying to figure out the GC controller - bit different than the xbox - and how to use the keyboard and play at the same time.

Let me know if you're available to try a bit of TA with me. I can play well, just not TA well yet. I would greatly appreciate having some help getting started.

Thanks in advance.

yellow5
Mar 19, 2005, 03:47 PM
Come to Alcyone 6 if you are on right now and we can do some runs. Check the first few lobbies, but I'm never on the first lobby.

What is your character's name?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2005-03-19 12:52 ]</font>

Sitka
Mar 20, 2005, 10:18 AM
The first few challenge games I tried to get into, I was not-so-politely asked to leave, so I think I'll wait until I can get a pre-arranged game going.

I'll check Alcyone and look for you: char name?

All my GC chars will have Sitka as part of the name to make it easy for people to recognize me. I hope that's a good thing.

Played a bit with Saiffwin last night - graduated from a brand to a buster: Yay!

Neith
Mar 20, 2005, 10:24 AM
Hey Sitka, any time u wanna play, I'm up for it now that u play GC http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Just let me know what lobbies u tend to be in, and ill keep an eye out for ya http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif I could probably give you some starting stuff too, unless u wanna find everything urself. PM me if ur interested!

yellow5
Mar 20, 2005, 06:27 PM
On 2005-03-20 07:18, Sitka wrote:
The first few challenge games I tried to get into, I was not-so-politely asked to leave, so I think I'll wait until I can get a pre-arranged game going.

I'll check Alcyone and look for you: char name?

All my GC chars will have Sitka as part of the name to make it easy for people to recognize me. I hope that's a good thing.

Played a bit with Saiffwin last night - graduated from a brand to a buster: Yay!

What time do you usually play?

I'll probably be using my HUcast, DEL. I'll PM you with my usual hang out in a little bit. You can probably find me there.

I'll be on for a couple of hours right now if you can get on.

yellow5
Mar 24, 2005, 11:18 PM
I've never mentioned this, but it's nice to know:

In the first area of EP2C4 (yeah, I love this stage), fourth player fights those two Del Depths in that long room. After killing them, you have to wait a certain amount of time before two Sinow Zoas appear (usually enough time for Player 2 and 3 to catch up).

It actually takes around a minute from the time you've killed the last Del Depth for them to appear. Usually, the fourth player calls out a time to inform P2 and P3 on when to expect the Sinows to appear.

For example, you kill the second Del Depth at 1"15 (a pretty good time). You would call out 2"15 so the other players know when the Sinows will appear. Players with freeze traps also set them up a few seconds before they appear to freeze them on contact.

This may seem like a simple tip, but it can save 30-60 seconds on your time because the Sinows wont be disappearing and warping around if you time your freeze traps correctly.

I think the actual time is between 50-60 seconds, but I'm sure that it is a fixed time. I still need to verify.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2005-03-24 20:20 ]</font>

Ryna
Mar 25, 2005, 08:16 AM
On 2005-03-24 20:18, yellow5 wrote:
I think the actual time is between 50-60 seconds, but I'm sure that it is a fixed time. I still need to verify.

I believe it is 50 seconds.

Sitka
Mar 25, 2005, 01:39 PM
Yellow5,

going back to that first 2 deldepth room.

When we're playing, we usually inch into the room to get the deldepths to spawn one at a time and can take them down easily withought getting frozen by the other and dropping a scape. If I'm playing with a Hucast, the H-H-L works well one-on-one, but I don't do very well one-on-two yet because I miss too much.

In TA strategy, do you deliberately try to get both to spawn at the same time, risking a lost scape to gain time? Would it be better for a force or hucaseal to take this route then? What's the best TA strategy?

Thanks.

yellow5
Mar 25, 2005, 01:52 PM
Ryna, thanks for confirming. I knew it was under a minute because I checked the time once and the Sinows had already appeared before a minute had passed. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Edit: Ryna, do you TA?

Sitka, I usually take one Del Depth at a time. I'm not sure about other players, but I assume they take one on at a time, too. It seems like the best way to approach them since you can only "stun" one at a time. If you freeze both, you are still only able to attack one.

Edit: Maybe I suck as a Force, but my FOnewearl always takes a beating from these Del Depth if I happen to be fourth player. I have to Jellen/Deband, otherwise I get knocked down and then I have to Resta. And then I get knocked down again. That's why I recommend FOs to be either second or third player. Again, maybe I just suck. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2005-03-25 10:59 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2005-03-25 11:00 ]</font>

Sitka
Mar 25, 2005, 02:00 PM
Thanks for confirming that. I was beginning to think I was doing it wrong. I remember rena-ko talking about alternating hits or alternating foie blasts, and I sure wasn't able to pull it off without getting nailed.

Next question: E2C5, TA strategy - which recon boxes can be passed on (I know 1st floor, the others I'm still learning) and which item boxes are considered essential other than the 2 ogre power boxes. In other words, which recon boxes/drop boxes do you skip for TA strategy. Best I've managed is 27 minutes, but I know we're wasting time with non-essential boxes.

yellow5
Mar 25, 2005, 02:11 PM
Well, I never go after the boxes. I usually let the other players (RA/FO) take care of them.

I think it is important to go after the boxes in each room, though. If you haven't noticed, Buster is weak! You need a Pallasch (w/% on Machine) if you want to kill Epsilon when it first opens up (unless it's the Megid/Ice form ;_;). If you don't pick up any Pallaschs, only HUcasts and Forces will be able to deal ANY damage to Epsilon because of it's high DFP.

As for the Recoboxes, you only have to kill the ones that spawn Recons (flying bastards). I think in one of Jazhara's (sp?) EP2 cmode topics, he shows you which one's you should kill. Search for the topic.

Sitka
Mar 25, 2005, 02:21 PM
So are you playing as a Hucast 100% of the time? Do you ever force? Is TAing that specialized? Just trying to get some idea because I'm liking the Hucast play over all others lately - just personal preference.

Last night I got a pallasch with 90% machine and 95% dark. Problem was, while I was inside whacking Vol Opt on yellow or red, he was purple or blue on everyone else's screen and for some reason he was shutting down so much quicker than normal. Unfortunately, I had only a couple of mates and one sol, so surving in there alone was tough - when he'd shock me, I had to just wait until it wore off and the battle took much longer than it should have.

I have Jazhara's walkthrough - I was just hoping there was a more clear map. It will come, I just have to make more runs and I'll get it down.

Thanks for the help - I'm looking forward to actually making a live run with you especially on E2C4.

yellow5
Mar 25, 2005, 03:25 PM
Sometimes, it gets really laggy and some players see one form while others see another. Usually, you can use that to your advantage.

I almost play HUcast exclusively, but if there is no FOrce in the team, I will get my FOnewearl. If there's a 2-4 game with a HUcast already, I might get my HUcaseal if it's TA. Otherwise, I'll stick with my HUcast.

What have you unlocked so far in terms of cmode for the GC version?

Ryna
Mar 25, 2005, 04:17 PM
On 2005-03-25 10:52, yellow5 wrote:
Edit: Ryna, do you TA?

I like to play TA. It can be hard finding a TA team sometimes, so I just mostly help people clear stages.

Sitka, I usually take one Del Depth at a time. I'm not sure about other players, but I assume they take one on at a time, too. It seems like the best way to approach them since you can only "stun" one at a time. If you freeze both, you are still only able to attack one.

It is possible to fight both depths at the same time. I've seen other FOs do it and I do it sometimes (depending on whether it is TA or clear). As long as you don't fall down, you should be ok. If you do get knocked down, things can become ugly really fast.

Sitka
Mar 25, 2005, 04:34 PM
Ryna, I would love to TA with you and yellow5.

Here's my concern with that 2 Deldepth strategy: I don't want to drop a scape that early, particularly if I'm with people I don't know well. I don't want them thinking: "This guys really sucks" when I'm just getting into TA play. That kinda happened to me on my first Episode 1 games on the gc. I got knocked around pretty good with some damn Hildebear/Mothvert/Wolves swarms and ended up using too many mates. I couldn't get the controller right and I was unable to ask for a mate fast enough and ended up dropping a scape.

Afterwords, Nariko said "you almost cost us that stage." I don't want my first few games to leave a bad impression, so I'm a bit more cautious. Once I gain some confidence, and some forgiving teammates, I'll be willing to take more chances.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained, but fear of failure can be a great inhibitor.

I guess that's the difference between clear and TA: I know I can clear and I've never TAed. I certainly don't want to join a JP game and quickly establish a reputation for poor play - so I'm waiting for some help from you guys.

The time zone issue has been tough as the times I've been able to get on, the only person I've been able to hook up with is Tycho. Hopefully that will change this weekend. I think the difference, talking with Tycho, is about six hours behind for me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2005-03-25 13:57 ]</font>

Ryna
Mar 25, 2005, 10:03 PM
On 2005-03-25 13:34, Sitka wrote:
Nothing ventured, nothing gained, but fear of failure can be a great inhibitor.

I guess that's the difference between clear and TA: I know I can clear and I've never TAed. I certainly don't want to join a JP game and quickly establish a reputation for poor play - so I'm waiting for some help from you guys.

You obviously have the knowledge to play challenge mode, it is just a matter of you becoming comfortable with the controller and the nuances of GC challenge mode. The only way you can do that is to practice!

I'd like to play to play with you, but I haven't seen you online since last Sunday.

Hopefully that will change this weekend. I think the difference, talking with Tycho, is about six hours behind for me.

If you live on the West Coast of the United States, that would mean Tycho is about 9 hours ahead of you. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Sitka
Mar 26, 2005, 09:27 AM
I've been online several times, but have had difficulty finding others on at the same time.

Finally got to play with Yellow5: good for me, bad for Del.

With 2 Hucasts and a fonewearl, we beat E2C1 in 56 minutes which isn't bad for 3 chars, but they definitely dragged me through. I made mistakes. Hopefully I'll learn from them. Dropped a scape on the Belra route, made a misjudgement on a masher, still having trouble feeding, playing and communicating at the same time - took forever to get into a handgun. Still trying to master the 4-switch route in Temple.

Oh well, practice, practice, practice.

Thanks Del.

yellow5
Mar 26, 2005, 02:22 PM
Yeah, that was a good run. The FOnewearl was a good player.

You should always use a gun to break the walls because of the faster recovery and lack of forward animation. For the Belra route, I usually drop a confuse trap as soon as I enter. Then I run behind the belra and start shooting the wall with a gun at an angle (such that I am not under the smasher but can still hit the wall). You should have enough time to break through with the Belra still confused.

I hope you learned some new stuff, too. Did you see when I put a damage trap in the middle of the room where the 3 rappies fall from the sky in the first area? It activated just as they landed and since I was far enough away, they ran away and the next wave appeared. Saved at least 10-15 seconds.

I see that you already know the safe points on the raft during the boss fight. The only thing I would suggest is that everyone should attack the head using H-H-H combos. I think we would have killed it faster, even with the damage cancel.

I look forward to playing with you again. I'll be on tonight.

Edit: Sorry for leaving so abruptly after the game. My roommate hurt his neck and wanted to get some sleep. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2005-03-26 11:24 ]</font>

Sitka
Mar 28, 2005, 05:21 PM
I've noticed the JP fonewearls are pretty damn good players. They really know just how far to go with attacking/supporting and surviving. Watching them, I realize I have a ways to go to be a decent Episode 2 force.

Thanks for the run yellow5. I'm looking forward to our next run together - especially if it's an Episode 2, stage 4 run.

Got a chance to play a bit of c-mode with Kef the other day. We got the hildebear/mothvert map from hell on e1c1, but it was still fun to run it. Fun watching Terra (Kef) and Terra (Urikko)in the lobby beforehand: will the real Terra please step forward.

BTW Kef, was that four or five cards of chars you kept running through the lobby?

Jarek
Mar 28, 2005, 06:04 PM
Hey Sitka, don't worry too greatly if you make some slip-ups; given you've just started playing on GC, it's not like peak performance is expected. As said before, just keep at it and do runs when you can.

I'm still waiting for us to get some cmode done.
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Sitka
Mar 29, 2005, 12:02 PM
Perhaps this weekend might be good.

I got on last night but could only find a handful on - Kef, Ryna, Tycho, Saiffwin were all in full games, so I looked for some c-mode, couldn't find any and went back offline. Jumped over to xbox and again could only find full games - no open spots. Met Notos and Arnot, but it was just too late to get anything started.

I should be available for Friday and Saturday morning/evening (West Coast of California time) for some challenge mode if anyone is interested.

Hucast is on E1C4 and needs s2-5 on E2, Hucaseal and Fonewearl are c-mode babies, starting fresh.

yellow5
Apr 2, 2005, 03:00 PM
I just did another EP2C4 run with some Japanese players as my HUcast, DEL; there was this one HUcast who was clearly an expert.

I recorded the run, so people could see my mistakes and watch this Japanese HUcast educate me. Unfortunately, I got endless warp before the boss, so there's nothing on Olga Flow. I have to compress it first, and I'll need some place to host it, but at least I'm keeping my promise. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Anyway, I still have so much to learn about challenge mode (not just EP2). I just have to keep on practicing...

Edit: Site removed from Angelfire because I violated their TOS. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2005-04-04 14:54 ]</font>

SLON
Apr 4, 2005, 07:27 AM
Nice work, Del. Shame the video clips are a bit blurry. That c3 was a nice run; the mystery of where you went to, is solved! Glad you improved your time, too.

yellow5
Apr 4, 2005, 04:53 PM
On 2005-04-04 05:27, SLON wrote:
Nice work, Del. Shame the video clips are a bit blurry. That c3 was a nice run; the mystery of where you went to, is solved! Glad you improved your time, too.

Yeah, I suppose taking that detour isn't really necessary in Time Attack. C3 is fun.

I have uncompressed versions of those videos (and a few EP2 ones, too), but I need some place to host them. Because of their size (500+ MB), none of the freebie file hosting sites take 'em (unless I compress them). http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Edit: Ooh, Angelfire suspended my account. I guess if people still want the videos, they will have to e-mail me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2005-04-04 14:57 ]</font>

chibiLegolas
Apr 5, 2005, 12:20 PM
Hold the phone....
You got a movie clip that shows how to do EpII cmode correctly? Hell, can pso world host that movie clip?
It belongs somewhere within their data banks along with their gallery section!

chibiLegolas
Apr 5, 2005, 12:30 PM
In the mean time, you got a pm.
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

yellow5
Apr 12, 2005, 03:23 PM
Okay, I'm trying to set up a Direct Connect Hub. I'm not sure if I did everything right, but I will leave my Hub on all day and see if you can access it to download some of the videos that I made.

Here's the Hub Address: psovids.servegame.com:1414

You need to download and install something like dc++ (http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/index.php?t=2&s=1). Click on the yellow star (favorites), right-click an empty slot and select "New..." Copy and past the hub address in the appropriate spot (this is the only part you need to have).

To download, right click a users name and select "get file list." If you can't download, switch from active to passive mode, and vice versa.

Try it out if you can.

Edit: Meh. It doesn't work. I need to forward a port to my router or something...I wish I knew how.

Edit 2: Try the new address. Better instructions added.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2005-04-13 18:51 ]</font>

rena-ko
Apr 14, 2005, 11:05 AM
you could alternatively send the file to someone to professionally compress it. mpeg4 or something. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

yellow5
Apr 14, 2005, 11:28 AM
But then where would I host it? x_x

I think I have everything set up correctly now for the Hub. Just drop on by if you have the chance and try to download from me. The Hub Address is psovids.servegame.com:1414

yellow5
Apr 17, 2005, 03:03 PM
I created some yousendit links of my EP2C4 run. They are broken into areas so the file size isn't too big (for you 56kers out there). These links only last for 7 days or after a number of downloads, which ever comes first, so get them while they are available. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

e2c4 - area21 (http://s5.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=3HPVPARNTV48M29P6OYSH2Y9UI)
e2c4 - area22 (http://s27.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=02W0KG6D6OSO40DJJ7XDXTMMIM)
e2c4 - area23 (http://s24.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=0B8Q84HXWAH2N0VYQIACCSZGWO)
e2c4 - area24 (http://s24.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=1K2OCO3CRMDL92QZMEZ2IPHDGW)
e2c4 - area25 (http://s24.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=2E8FS22DLIXLV0QFAQ3WOY9FGK)
e2c4 - area26 (http://s24.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=2G0QR3RXRVPRZ09O7W6CGB56JL)

As for the Hub, it's still up. There, I have even more videos for people to download, including c2 through c5, c8, 2-1, 2-2, and 2-4.

Again, the Hub Address is: psovids.servegame.com:1414
Please post if you can or cannot access the Hub.

Edit: feel free to discuss my horrible skillz displayed in the videos here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2005-04-17 13:08 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2005-04-20 18:33 ]</font>

Sitka
Apr 19, 2005, 04:58 PM
Thank you so much for posting these videos. I enjoyed very much watching them. I only wish you could have posted the boss fight - that would be my request if you have the chance.

Some questions:

It didn't appear that you used the Sinow trick or maybe I missed it. I thought I saw a force up top in the healing ring room. We've been practicing getting knocked down by the squid in the first room after spawning and that has worked out well.

Your weapon drops appeared to be very fortuitious. Two sets of mechs and two pallaschs relatively early. Was that lucky or did you run the map a few times to get those drops? At times, it appeared you used the fire buster instead of the pallasch - why?

What was the force HP going into the boss fight. I entered at 173 HP the other day (bad luck with HP mat drops) and got annihliated.

You used the "Let's just take it easy today" sign. Was that because the TA was out of reach or just to calm everyone down? And what happened near the end? You appeared to be with everyone in the final room and then you were running like forever and got back to them to finish off the Delbiter. I have to go back and watch that one to figure out what happened.

You were dropping mates (items?) at the boss port before entering. We tried to drop them on the boss platform to save time and I found it difficult to sort/pick up/heal (I was Fonewearl) at the same time. What's the best strategy here?

I couldn't tell if the Fonewearl was primarily supporting or aggressively attacking. What was/should be the force doing primarily?

What was your clear time on this run?

Are you up for a couple of runs this weekend? I would like to get in there with you with my Hucast and try to really rip a couple of good runs. I am most interested in trying to get four players behind the right foot throughout the second form - I've been unable to practice that yet.

And chibiLegolas, I'd be happy to run with you on some EII runs sometime. We've improved quite a bit and are finally knocking on the 3-hour door.

Yellow5, thanks again for your post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2005-04-19 15:22 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2005-04-19 15:25 ]</font>

yellow5
Apr 19, 2005, 07:46 PM
On 2005-04-19 14:58, Sitka wrote:
Thank you so much for posting these videos. I enjoyed very much watching them. I only wish you could have posted the boss fight - that would be my request if you have the chance.

Some questions:

First off, this wasn't a TA run. I saw an open game and decided to join. Nothing was planned out.

It didn't appear that you used the Sinow trick or maybe I missed it. I thought I saw a force up top in the healing ring room. We've been practicing getting knocked down by the squid in the first room after spawning and that has worked out well.

Again, it wasn't a TA game, so I didn't expect the HUcaseal to do the Sinow Trick. Still, she had a rough time getting past that room, so the door was still locked and we were trying to help her.

Your weapon drops appeared to be very fortuitious. Two sets of mechs and two pallaschs relatively early. Was that lucky or did you run the map a few times to get those drops? At times, it appeared you used the fire buster instead of the pallasch - why?

You sure? Remember, I was the blue HUcast. I never got a Pallasch in the game, and was stuck with the Buster. The mechgun was useful though.

What was the force HP going into the boss fight. I entered at 173 HP the other day (bad luck with HP mat drops) and got annihliated.
I mentioned this in an earlier post, but I got endless warp during the boss warp, so I didn't fight the boss. Being that she is a FOmarl and ate all of the HP mats, I think it's safe to assume that she had over 200 HP for the boss.

You used the "Let's just take it easy today" sign. Was that because the TA was out of reach or just to calm everyone down? And what happened near the end? You appeared to be with everyone in the final room and then you were running like forever and got back to them to finish off the Delbiter. I have to go back and watch that one to figure out what happened.
Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking. Halfway through, I was thinking, "usually the HUcaseal or FO gets the door switch." So I started running back. When I realized the door was still locked I ran back for the switch. I wasn't thinking clearly that game. I guess I was intimidated by that other HUcast. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

You were dropping mates (items?) at the boss port before entering. We tried to drop them on the boss platform to save time and I found it difficult to sort/pick up/heal (I was Fonewearl) at the same time. What's the best strategy here?
Yeah, I usually just drop items on the boss arena. Notice at the end that I just picked up all of the items to hurry the team up. That backfired, though, since I ended up disconnecting (endless warp).

I couldn't tell if the Fonewearl was primarily supporting or aggressively attacking. What was/should be the force doing primarily?

What was your clear time on this run?

FOnewearl? Are we talking about the same video? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
I think the FOmarl did a nice job of balancing supporting and attacking with technqiues.

As mentioned, I disconnected on the boss warp, so I don't know if they cleared it or not.

Are you up for a couple of runs this weekend? I would like to get in there with you with my Hucast and try to really rip a couple of good runs. I am most interested in trying to get four players behind the right foot throughout the second form - I've been unable to practice that yet.

And chibiLegolas, I'd be happy to run with you on some EII runs sometime. We've improved quite a bit and are finally knocking on the 3-hour door.

Yellow5, thanks again for your post.

I'm down for some runs. You have my card. Just mail me if you see me on.

If you can get on the Hub, I have some more videos of EP2. The EP2C2 is really good. I think the clear time was 39 min, and it wasn't even TA.

Sitka
Apr 20, 2005, 12:46 PM
I was watching the video on a very dark monitor and I was doing it very quickly so I missed quite a bit - I'll go back and watch it again to see what I missed.

Yes, I thought it was a Fonewearl - didn't even occur to me that it was a Fomarl - brain gap at minimum.

I could have sworn you were carrying a pallasch and I thought the other Hucast had a pallash, so I guess you gave up yours?

Thanks for clearing up some of what I thought I was seeing - makes sense now.

From watching your video, it confirms that what we've been doing on xbox is pretty close to what I saw play out there. We could all improve our 1-on-1 fighting skills (at least I know I can) and hope for early weapon drops. Best we've been able to get to the Boss in around 45 minutes, so there's room for improvement there.

I'll look for you this weekend and hope to catch a game.

yellow5
Apr 20, 2005, 08:31 PM
Here's the EP2C2 run, including the Gol Dragon fight. Clear time is 39"34.

e2c2 - area08 (http://s28.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=1HB7K5HR55IKM20EK4OA7JRHKR)
e2c2 - area09 (http://s28.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=05NZG4D0VTH9X0SZEO4DRCQ6KX)
e2c2 - area10 (http://s28.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=2YUSHOMCMVEJS0VMDVP4RI8Q3A)
e2c2 - area11 (http://s28.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=0I7LFYLDIGQHW31BXPWM77WN3W)
e2c2 - area12 (http://s28.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=10N6ONI2FGO6R35PR0GS9SCS24)
e2c2 - area13 (http://s28.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=24S5VM1TH52X510OZJX3RWLPLY)
e2c2 - area14 (http://s28.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=1HOE8706HCX8C0ERE5R9CIY3AD)

Since they are yousendit links, get them before they disappear...

It seems like no one is going to the Hub, so I guess I will shut that down...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2005-04-20 18:32 ]</font>

SLON
Apr 21, 2005, 06:50 AM
I joined an Ep2C2 game last Sunday. I have played E2C2 a few times before, but I consider myself to be a newbie. The team was Hucast, Hucaseal, and 2 Fonewearls. The other Fonewearl was even less experienced than myself, and got lost in the warps on the last stage. Despite this, we finished in 39 minutes!
Maybe the Hus found some decent weapons, I don't know. As the only Gaijin I could not communicate except via basic chat, and no one was telling what weapons they found. Shifta was hardly used, although I did cast it a couple of times when I was close to levelling up, and of course in the boss room.
The thing I struggled on most was remembering which techs are most effective in E2 as opposed to E1!

Sitka
Apr 21, 2005, 11:39 AM
Here's what our xbox team has been able to do thus far after a little more than a week of true TA attempts:

2-1: 44"17
2-2: 42"52
2-3: 20"21
2-4: 57"34
2-5: 23"34
Total: 3'08"38

Comparing with some of the GC times, it looks like we can improve by a few minutes on all the stages, but will make the greatest improvement on 2-4.

In trying to run 2-4 last night, we tried for over an hour to get decent graves and really didn't. We only got one pallasch (very late in the run)and couldn't get our hucaseal into a railgun. We improved significantly on the final form of Flow, but struggled getting his first form to drop.

Yellow5, if you could point us in the direction of a videoclip showing a low-40 TA run of E2C4, that would help quite a bit, I'm thinking.

On E2C5, run after run, we're dealing with lag issues, particularly at the boss. We're hoping we can get a run where we hit Epsilon in red when we rush the room instead of purple.

Anyway, things continue to improve and I am grateful for all the valuable information you've shared thus far.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2005-04-22 08:38 ]</font>

yellow5
Apr 21, 2005, 01:42 PM
Bob, that's a very good time for 2-2. Keep going!

Sitka, you are lucky to have a consistent team to do EP2 with. I'm sure, soon your times will eclipse mine.

I wish I had a good 2-4 run on video. It's pretty hard for me to get in TA teams, since there's usually already a HUcast in the game. Another thing is that my GameCube is at the end of its life. If you notice in the videos, I am always the last to spawn after going through a Transporter, even if I entered first. The disc just isn't reading properly. I even get disc read errors in the middle of games, which deter me from joining TA games as I don't want to disconnect in the middle of a good run.

I'll keep trying to do my runs here, and if I get a good video, I'll be sure to post it. Good luck on the X-side.

Edit: here's a tip for 2-5. The most time-consuming rooms in this stage are the ones that spawn Gi Gues. They fly away too often. Always, always drop a freeze trap to keep them in place. If you have a gun, activate it before they fly off. Other than that, remember which Recoboxes to destroy, and hope for a Red or Yellow Epsilon. Remember that you can drop damage traps on the Yellow form to do additional damage. Drop them before it opens up to maximize effficiency.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2005-04-21 11:46 ]</font>

chibiLegolas
Apr 21, 2005, 02:37 PM
Cool! I'll look for you guys this weekend then.
I'm determined to get my EpII srank already!

How many EpI sranks do I really need?
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

But lately, cmoders haven't been on consistantly for the past 2weeks. I was wondering why the sudden disinterest of pso? Did a new game come out or something? Jade Empire? Halo 2 upgrades?

Heck, I can't even find players to do more EpI cmode on late weekdays.
:/

Sitka
Apr 21, 2005, 02:57 PM
What do you need for E2?

I wouldn't mind running some E1 and I think Haruna and her group is up for some of that.

I have a couple of hours per night during the week, most nights, that I really like to TA with our CL group. Weekend mornings are generally more flexible. I'll look for you when I'm on.

yellow5
May 3, 2005, 03:37 PM
Newly converted video of an old EP2C1 run:

ep2c1 - area01 (http://s25.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=184MBUMY7QABU13K4886TLU2FW)
ep2c1 - area02 (http://s20.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=1DIWC45YHK1ZO0L4I3JUYN1KCM)
ep2c1 - area03 (http://s19.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=1K9ZDOYCZNJIB3UDRXX0EB8S7B)
ep2c1 - area04 (http://s25.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=0S3EM3HXUNQSF322H830E0S7SA)
ep2c1 - area05 (http://s23.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=3AMOU8RF6B0W9266526JZQR8NF)
ep2c1 - area06 (http://s24.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=0XWWJ3EFEFDZY0MC5OLBUUQ49B)
ep2c1 - area07 (http://s9.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=0P7HZIA621K9C3BOEKU0FZCZ67)

Get them while they last; files will be deleted within 7 days or after 25 downloads, whichever comes first.

Feel free to discuss the video in this thread.

rena-ko
May 4, 2005, 11:25 AM
neat stuff, quality is ok. good enough to see your tactics. and thats imho the biggest reason to watch those vids.

thanks a bunch

chibiLegolas
May 4, 2005, 02:56 PM
Sweet! Thanks yellow5!
Hey Notos, is it possible to download these videos and burn them for me or something? Then we could study the stuff together?
I don't know anything about sharing/downloading large files over the net.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2005-05-04 12:56 ]</font>

Notos
May 4, 2005, 03:50 PM
Hey Notos, is it possible to download these videos and burn them for me or something? Then we could study the stuff together?
I don't know anything about sharing/downloading large files over the net.I'm too lazy to get it so you get them for me.
Check your PM.

yellow5, really good stuff. It's always easier to learn when you can see other people doing it. This will give me an idea of what to do. Thanks a bunch.

Hrith
May 4, 2005, 05:10 PM
Hosted on my site, download at will http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Area 1 (http://keffypoo.free.fr/video/y5_2c1_1.wmv)
Area 2 (http://keffypoo.free.fr/video/y5_2c1_2.wmv)
Area 3 (http://keffypoo.free.fr/video/y5_2c1_3.wmv)
Area 4 (http://keffypoo.free.fr/video/y5_2c1_4.wmv)
Area 5 (http://keffypoo.free.fr/video/y5_2c1_5.wmv)
Area 6 (http://keffypoo.free.fr/video/y5_2c1_6.wmv)
Area 7 (http://keffypoo.free.fr/video/y5_2c1_7.wmv)

If you have any objection to me hosting your vids, yellow5, PM me, I'll remove them.

Nice vids, btw, really helpful, if you could do this on all 4 remaining stages, it would be awesome for c-mode beginners that need directions.

yellow5
May 4, 2005, 05:59 PM
Hey, Kef, thanks for doing that! I really appreciate it. I have some more videos of both Episodes, but I need to convert them first. I'll keep doing the yousendit links until I find a permanent solution.

Stay tuned...some Episode I videos are on the way. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Edit: It is just me, or does everything in the video seem...slower? The quality sucks, too. But unless people want 80MB files (but better quality videos), I'll keep converting them this way...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2005-05-04 16:07 ]</font>

Hrith
May 4, 2005, 07:12 PM
np np, I have the webspace.

But my webspace has some restrictions, so I cannot host files bigger than 50-60 MB.

I thought it was a pity that only 25 people could see those http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

rena-ko
May 4, 2005, 07:22 PM
we'd need force TA runs taped as well tho.

Sitka
May 5, 2005, 10:47 AM
Ditto rena-ko.

The Japanese Fonewearls are really, really good. Getting a video of their style of play would be wonderful for all of us.

Not that I'm not learning watching Del's hucast, I sure am. Thanks again Yellow5.

I've only been able to watch them on a poor pc/screen so I'll probably have some comments/questions when I can watch them more leisurely on a better setup.

SLON
May 5, 2005, 11:22 AM
Would be nice to see a Force video, so I can see where I'm going wrong (maybe my own clips, but I'm no good with technology, sorry!). Good stuff Kef, Yellow5.

yellow5
May 5, 2005, 11:05 PM
Check it: an old Japanese friend has returned to the game after a short hiatus, and we started doing some EP2 runs again, some TA some clear. Anyway, I have some new videos of EP2C4 (with a pretty good Olga Flow fight), EP2C5 (2 FO), and a TA EP2C3 run (something funny happens during the boss fight!). I'll convert and upload them another time.

The purpose of this post: in EP2C3 TA, the Japanese don't even bother with the second General/HP. I think they get the first one, though, but the person who uses the HP drops scapes for the other two FOnewearls. Anyway, the boss battle is the same old, spam Barta and Zonde until it dies. I'll get this video up as soon as possible because it's a pretty good run and, hey, you guys asked for TA FOs...here, you got three of them. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Edit: I almost forgot, my friend has a 16 min EP2C5 time. I asked him/her what team setup they used for that run. 3 FO + 1 HUcast = gg. Probably need a good Pallasch drop to get a time of 16, though...

Edit: One more thing. What are they saying about me!? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v32/yellowaznboy/talkabout.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2005-05-06 16:05 ]</font>

Notos
May 6, 2005, 08:14 AM
I bolded the lines you circled.

Kayura> (Because) The strongest hero-sama is...
Kayura> not here.
Ariel-B> http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
LITA V4> 1FO3Hu recommend
Kayura> With DEL-kun?
DUB> (bunch of symbols I can't do on English keyboard) (sweat)
DEL> ^-^
Ariel-B> By ranger

Play with this, it's better than Babelfish since it accepts romaji.
http://www.trussel.com/f_nih.htm

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Notos on 2005-05-06 06:16 ]</font>

yellow5
May 6, 2005, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the translation, Notos.

Here's the Olga Flow boss fight. Although the file size is bigger, the video quality is much better. It's even possible to view it in full screen mode.

ep2c4 - area27 (http://s29.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=0BR5P9962TXC22GR891PT0FZV5)

I know some people wanted a good Flow fight, so I compressed it differently. Get it while it lasts.

Edit: Here's the EP2C3 TA run with the 3 FOnewearls. The batteries in my Wavebird died during the boss. See if you can spot when it happens. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

ep2c3 - area15-19 (http://s30.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=0ONHP4FWI8HGU3SXSPL3X2FZ0I)
ep2c3 - area20 (http://s30.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=0IZJ1I0VJ9X7Q3RSP4MGH0IQRV)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2005-05-06 23:14 ]</font>

chibiLegolas
May 7, 2005, 10:35 AM
On 2005-05-04 13:50, Notos wrote:

I don't know anything about sharing/downloading large files over the net.I'm too lazy to get it so you get them for me.
Check your PM.

It's not laziness, it's more like Yellow's links didn't seem to be working for me. But trying now on a different computer, I think it's working now.
woo-hoo!
But I could download the files Kef posted just fine.

BTW guys. Holy Cow! I'm not worthy!
The button set up on the GC IS funky afterall.
And it's awesome to see players know'n the spawns and maps down to a science.
I even catch you attacking enemies who haven't even spawned yet. Dang! That's quick! I can see how ep2 cmode could be easier than ep1 in that respect.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2005-05-07 08:36 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2005-05-07 08:42 ]</font>

yellow5
May 8, 2005, 12:14 AM
The EP2C5 run:

ep2c5 - area28 (http://s20.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=3NM8P7K0JJHMG2I8SGMZVX4WOK)
ep2c5 - area29 (http://s20.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=3DW65V4Y4AIPE1A47ZWIDC02L9)

As you will see, no good drops at all that run. I want to try a run with three FOs to get a time of 16 min...

chibiLegolas
May 9, 2005, 11:35 AM
I want to try a run with three FOs to get a time of 16 min...

Oh yes! Please show! After trying it myself, I'm super curious how you're suppost to avoid delbiters. gils, and any other 1hit kills correctly. Especially that dam delbiter that spawns in the boss like area. Just send the poor hucast to take the hit? Always let him fight them by himself?
I gotta see this.

And like always, thanks for the links. Those Japanese players on the GC are just insane!

yellow5
May 13, 2005, 10:11 PM
I spoke with my friend, and he revealed to me the best EP2 cmode times he's seen, and the teams that got these times:

2-1: 33 (2 HUcast + 1 HUcaseal + 1 FO)
2-2: 27 (2 HUcast + 2 FO)
2-3: 8 (1 HUcaseal/HUmar + 3 FO, alternatively, 4 FO = 9 min)
2-4: 38 (1 HUcast + 2 HUcaseal + 1 FO)
2-5: 14 (1 HUcast + 3 FO)
Total: 2 Hours

These are the times I will be aiming for.

Edit: This got me thinking. We need to start setting up some games people! rena-ko, SLON, Sharky, Sitka, Ryna, AxemPunanny, everybody. Let's do this! We need to start TAing this sumbitch for real. Am I the only one?

In the mean time, since I can't get into any TA games, I resort to doing 2player runs. Here's an Olga Flow fight with just me and my Japanese friend. We fail, but we definitely tried our best!
http://s24.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=0KAAL0EFE70FA23EY3YBEE9O3D

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2005-05-14 09:09 ]</font>

rena-ko
May 15, 2005, 11:40 AM
my playtime is rather limited but sure, i'd like to do some ep2 TA again.

yellow5
May 15, 2005, 03:47 PM
As requested through a PM, here are the videos of the Olga Flow fight (nice quality), the E2C3 run, and the E2C5 run.

Olga Flow! (http://s21.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=1BQTAMDKVEDRE2I4UPUV5RN4HI)

e2c3 - area15-19 (http://s21.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=3NVWVAHJQ21M2324XDVH7B2CLV)
e2c3 - area20 (http://s21.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=0XCLT2Y1EHEN24JF8QAXIHQ7G)

e2c5 - area28 (http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3FBQOZYEQ7OEE3NLP363XNUCW2)
e2c5 - area29 (http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1JS0CXDMUSA4R3U4HUGBCI604A)

Get them before they disappear because they get deleted after 7 days. Otherwise, I have to upload them everytime.

Cheers!

SLON
May 16, 2005, 07:04 AM
I'm a long way off being TA standard on Episode2. Also the 9 hours or so time difference between us means that the weekend is the only realistic time for us to cmode together, Del.
Not insurmountable problems, but still difficult. Yes, I do have an interest in Ep2, but I feel I am a long way behind the rest of you, and don't want to be a deadweight! If Sega had bothered to release PSO + in the UK, I might feel more confident, but the only time I can practice Ep2 is on-line.

Ryna
May 16, 2005, 08:07 AM
I'd be happy to try some runs with you Yellow5.

Hrith
May 17, 2005, 05:46 AM
If someone wants thos files once the links are dead, I can host them, but they're big, so I won't do it unless needed >_>

Nice stuff, yellow5, definitely helpful.

SLON
May 17, 2005, 06:56 AM
By the way, last night I saw M and nemunemu amongst others playing E2C4, with a target of 26 minutes as their aim!! I don't know how realistic a target that is, but knowing how hard-core they are, it wouldn't surprise me if they were really trying to get that time!

yellow5
May 18, 2005, 12:33 AM
On 2005-05-17 04:56, SLON wrote:
By the way, last night I saw M and nemunemu amongst others playing E2C4, with a target of 26 minutes as their aim!! I don't know how realistic a target that is, but knowing how hard-core they are, it wouldn't surprise me if they were really trying to get that time!

I saw that game too. You sure that was their target time? Their team consisted of two FOnewearls and 2 HUcasts...

On a side note, I want to setup some cmode runs this weekend. Is anyone up for it? Kef, you in?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2005-05-17 22:34 ]</font>

Hrith
May 18, 2005, 05:36 AM
Sure, I cannot play BB on week-ends http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
I'm looking forward to playing with you, and Slon, too.

I'm French, this might help in playing with Slon (timezones).

I'll be there as Selva (HUcl) or Hrith (RAcl), yeah I love RAcl for c-mode >_>

SLON
May 18, 2005, 07:31 AM
I presume you mean Ep2, Del? I'm always up for cmode, but of course, Ep1 I am more comfortable with. I will be free most of the weekend, except maybe 2200-2400 GMT, where I might be committed to playing with my regular team. Anyway, I hope to see you all on-line.
As for that Ep2 26 minute game, Kajio6 told me that it was indeed their target. I presume there was some major Genkai going on to find some uber weapons before they got to playing the quest proper. Phew!

yellow5
May 20, 2005, 12:31 AM
Oops, I just realized I wont be able to play this weekend. Maybe next weekend.

Well, here are videos of the last couple of Olga Flow battles -- both of which were failures.

First fail. (http://s14.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=302OSEO09HUHM18YZJZVCUC8CY): This one is a regular run. The FOnewearl is a beginner, so I drop a Scape for her before the battle. I always keep at least one Scape for myself during the second form since I do the right foot trick. At any moment, I could get confused by a mine and die, so I keep one just in case. Anyway, because I take this precaution, we end up failing the battle. I need to learn to take more risks during this battle and just drop my Scapes. On the other hand, I think my apprehension is justified, as you will see in the next video...

Second fail (http://s36.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=31IA47QH73KP32JKGRXSBKPELA): This is a TA run, I think, and I am using my HUcaseal. The FOrce gets jipped in terms of HP materials. Almost all of Olga Flow's attacks are one-hit kills to her. Apparently, the other two HUs are bold enough to drop all of their Scapes for the FO. Me? I hold onto one for the reasons I state above. As you will see, I do get confused right before a Divine Punishment attack. But, luck is on my side, and I manage to fight my way to Olga Flow's right foot in time to get knocked down. -_-; Anyway, one HUcast gets caught in a Divine Punishment, and we fail the stage.

Am I doubting my own abilities by keeping a Scape, perhaps based on a fear of losing? What do you think?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2005-05-19 22:38 ]</font>

Hrith
May 20, 2005, 05:36 AM
I think you should keep one, the battle is too hard to go in without a scape and say "well, I won't die".
There are severals reasons you can imagine that will kill you instantly, keep the doll for the reasons you cannot imagine >_>

But a FO without HP mats is unlucky, really nothing you can do against bad luck.

ChronoLink
Jun 5, 2005, 11:29 AM
I just saw the E2C1 run yellow5 made which Kef hosted, I would like to thank both of you for making this possible. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Of course, since this was an older run, I assume your playing style has changed. Still four things I thought were only natural to do weren't done in this game. Therefore I would like to know if this is OK to do in a TA E2C1:
- In the Ne route in area4, at the group of two and three monests I like to drop a damage trap to kill all the flies (mothmants?) at once, to save me from getting hit. (You were using a confuse trap, but I didn't see if yo were out of damage traps.)
- You were accompanied by the FO in this route, wouldn't it have been quicker if the FO would go to the SE switch before joining you? That way the HUcl who had to do SE and SW/W could've finished quicker.
- I think "stun by delay" or "infinite combo" is essential to cmode gameplay -> this is quite hard to do without hit, but can still be quite convenient when fighting hildebears: A HU with hit hg, which is pretty sure to drop, can stun a hildebear whilst another one kills him of.
- You were using your saber instead of the hit handgun, wouldn't it have been more efficient if you used the handgun? This might do less damage, but will save you the time from having to run towards you enemy.

I have a question for Kef: You mentioned you can host those movies listed in previous posts, I would love to see some decent cmoders in action for once, so please:
SAVE ME KEF~! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
The stages I'm most interested in are TA E2C4, the Olga Flow fight and *I'm not sure which of the two it was* the 2FO/3FO TA E2C3. I don't mind seeing all of them but I understand if it is too much of a bother. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_innocent.gif

And, in the multiple FO E2C3, how are the HP issues solved? there are only two general/hp and I was told they needed a level to survive the boss. Do they level once or just go in with not enough hp and hope they won't get hit? Is this the same for both 2 and 3 FO?

yellow5
Jun 5, 2005, 02:05 PM
I've mentioned a couple of times that my GameCube is nearly dying, so sometimes it takes me much longer to load the stages. While everyone is killing enemies, I'm still warping through, so I don't get the experience. This messes up my game for two reasons: I don't level up to replenish my traps, and because I don't level, I lack the ATA to equip a Handgun for those pesky Mothverts. That's why I was using confuse traps...I ran out of damage traps.

There were four players in that game. 1 went with me to do the Mothnest route (the longest), 1 went to do the Belra route (second longest), and 1 went to the southeast and southwest routes, which are very short and easy. I think this is the best way to approach this stage.

Anyway, that wasn't a TA run anyway. Just a clear run.

For 2-3, the Japanese FOrces don't even bother with the General/HPs. It takes great skill and patience, then, to get a clear time of 9 minutes...

SLON
Jun 6, 2005, 06:59 AM
I was lucky enough to be in a 4 Fo e2c3 run. No items were collected, which meant we were at the boss in under 5 minutes. Of course, that meant we were also very vulnerable to any attack, and we failed probably a dozen times or more.
In the end we didn't get a good time, but that was mostly down to inexperience, I think.
If there is only 1 Fo, I think you should get the HP, because the battle is going to last a lot longer.

yellow5
Jun 6, 2005, 09:19 AM
Did you guys Jellen/Deband? I don't think FOnewearls have enough HP to survive even if they were cast. It's all about the dodging.

SLON
Jun 7, 2005, 06:54 AM
No we didn't use J/D at all, just Barta and Zonde.

yellow5
Jul 4, 2005, 11:37 AM
No, I'm not dead yet!

The right foot trick fails me in an Olga Flow battle, costing me one Scape Doll. I think it might have been the lag...

Olga Flow fight (http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2NRC6XEO4Q1QO0CH4LA68JXGR2)

I also did an EP2C2 TA run, 2 HUct + 2 FOney. These Japanese players are crazy. We ended up getting a time of ~29 min. Playing with them showed me just how much of a newb I am to TAing. I got that run on video, so hopefully, we can all learn from my mistakes...to be continued...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2005-07-05 09:39 ]</font>

SLON
Jul 5, 2005, 06:39 AM
Thanks.
Despite my blunders last time we played, I hope we can team up again soon! 29 minutes for 2-2 sounds cool. Gamecube TA lives on!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SLON on 2005-07-06 04:33 ]</font>

yellow5
Jul 7, 2005, 05:02 PM
Here is that TA EP2C2 run. 2 HUcasts + 2 FOnewearls = 29"51

TA e2c2 - area08 (http://s6.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3LNIXB7T1IHOZ0LPUHW57B4GCO)
TA e2c2 - area09 (http://s6.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1W0ZCOTP6QJU51ROVJIDDCTQ0O)
TA e2c2 - area10 (http://s6.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3PBZVXFVUL8SY1QZBWEAGSPOXK)
TA e2c2 - area11 (http://s6.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=21NCCHL57S4OK2LEO440S1QJVN)
TA e2c2 - area12 (http://s6.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3D95E4CLWTA4T0UF6X3KCK0RY4)
TA e2c2 - area13 (http://s6.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=274PX0RXUPNYL1UWNTOZ7XRMNS)
TA e2c2 - area14 (http://s6.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1XA8LVGU6Q4Q428Y45KH33RUDG)

Do people still watch these?

My total time is like 2'30"33 now. Almost reaching my goal of under 2'30!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2005-07-07 15:04 ]</font>

SLON
Jul 8, 2005, 06:35 AM
Of course they do!!
Anyone who is serious about Ep2 TA should watch this. I think it is excellent.

(Edit after watching vids)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SLON on 2005-07-08 09:14 ]</font>

anguish
Jul 9, 2005, 11:18 AM
Well I've never posted in the psoworld forums before but I've watched all threads since years back... I just have to say that this is the only thread that have been really interesting...

and btw. 'SLON' I think you know who I am.
I'm Kalle, aka. Rubicon, I tend to stay up late with C-ChronoLink doing E2cmode. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

oh well..

for the love of god. keep posting those TA Vidz!

PJ
Jul 9, 2005, 08:18 PM
On 2005-07-09 09:18, anguish wrote:
and btw. 'SLON' I think you know who I am.
I'm Kalle, aka. Rubicon, I tend to stay up late with C-ChronoLink doing E2cmode. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Rubicon! You and CL are still doing EPisode 2 Challenge?!

There may still be a chance for me http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sharkyland
Jul 13, 2005, 10:10 PM
On 2005-07-07 15:02, yellow5 wrote:
Here is that TA EP2C2 run. 2 HUcasts + 2 FOnewearls = 29"51

TA e2c2 - area08 (http://s6.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3LNIXB7T1IHOZ0LPUHW57B4GCO)
TA e2c2 - area09 (http://s6.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1W0ZCOTP6QJU51ROVJIDDCTQ0O)
TA e2c2 - area10 (http://s6.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3PBZVXFVUL8SY1QZBWEAGSPOXK)
TA e2c2 - area11 (http://s6.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=21NCCHL57S4OK2LEO440S1QJVN)
TA e2c2 - area12 (http://s6.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3D95E4CLWTA4T0UF6X3KCK0RY4)
TA e2c2 - area13 (http://s6.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=274PX0RXUPNYL1UWNTOZ7XRMNS)
TA e2c2 - area14 (http://s6.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1XA8LVGU6Q4Q428Y45KH33RUDG)

Do people still watch these?

My total time is like 2'30"33 now. Almost reaching my goal of under 2'30!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2005-07-07 15:04 ]</font>

That's some crazy stuff. XD

Saigan
Jul 14, 2005, 10:28 AM
Sharkyland is impressed with a c-mode run? Now I feel like an uber n00b =P

HI SHARKY!

Sharkyland
Jul 14, 2005, 03:55 PM
I don't do TA >.>

Saiffy
Jul 14, 2005, 07:23 PM
On 2005-07-14 13:55, Sharkyland wrote:
I don't do TA >.>

And that's why PJ and I love you and your HUnewearls. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

anguish
Jul 17, 2005, 12:40 PM
On 2005-07-09 18:18, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:

Rubicon! You and CL are still doing EPisode 2 Challenge?!

There may still be a chance for me http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif But as I told you yesterday, my router is all messed up and i keep getting 'error 05'. or what it now was, "failed to retreive Ip Adress from DHCP", I'm gonna return our router to the store tomorrow and hope they can fix it / replace it with a new one quickly. But I will prob spend this night cmoding tho, if i can get online at all that is.

yellow5
Jul 18, 2005, 07:59 PM
See my signature for my PSO C-mode website.

Too bad I don't have any graphic/website/html skills, or I would pretty it up. For the purposes of the website, it will suffice. Some videos are up for viewing, most of which you've probably seen before if you've been following this thread. I did upload a semi-TA 2-4 run, boss-fight included.

Let me know what you think!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2005-07-19 10:59 ]</font>

rena-ko
Jul 19, 2005, 06:07 AM
but you know you're advertising here?

seeing the circumstances, this time its ok, i guess.
link to it in your sig / profile from now on, ok?

oh... and ... dont pretty it up. its all about content. imho.

SLON
Jul 19, 2005, 06:51 AM
Staying behind the right foot doesn't mean you always escape the wave attack. I wonder if it is to do with your camara angle as well??

yellow5
Jul 19, 2005, 12:18 PM
Oh, sorry about that rena. I can't edit my profile, which is why I didn't put it in my sig in the first place. Feel free to remove the link at your discretion.

Anyway, videos will be hosted there from now on, but discussion will remain here probably.

Slon, I think Olga Flow launches the wave attack at certain angles (maybe fixed angles), but I haven't figured it out yet.

Edit: Ryna helped me with my sig, so I will keep a link to my site there. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2005-07-19 10:57 ]</font>

anguish
Jul 23, 2005, 07:54 AM
On 2005-07-19 04:51, SLON wrote:
Staying behind the right foot doesn't mean you always escape the wave attack. I wonder if it is to do with your camara angle as well??

Well... Far behind the right foot is 'always' safe, that's a fact.

anguish
Jul 23, 2005, 07:59 AM
Those E2C4 videos where great btw, and I picked up some real good strategies that will come in handy. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
But i still can't understand how 35 mins is possible on that stage.

yellow5
Aug 15, 2005, 12:09 AM
I know it's possible. Every member of the team just has to be disciplined in killing enemies in the least amount of time; this includes minimal damage cancel, one-on-one fighting, taking advantage of every opportunity to do damage when possible.

Anyway, I updated my website with some new videos (see sig), including an EP2C4 run as my FOnewearl. The other ones are just old runs that I wanted to upload.

I want to also mention that when fighting Del Depths, if you manage to hit them when they are sliding around, they rise immediately. Sometimes, you will see what looks like me attacking thin air, but I'm really trying to hit Del Depths.

SLON
Aug 16, 2005, 06:38 AM
Things are starting to look good for EP2TA on Gamecube at the moment. Anguish, Chronolink and myself have the basis of a good team. With luck, we could be breaking the 2h 30 mark (individually if nothing else) in a couple of months time. Chronolink - no quitting now, you hear??

anguish
Aug 17, 2005, 10:08 AM
I'm not so far away of breaking the 2'30'00 barrier as well.
My Foney has a total of 2'43'52 with a very bad C4 time of 55'53, which is at least -10 mins. Unlucky for me all C4 games with good players I'm avaible to join already got FO's in them. Got a time of 45'10 on my Hucsl today even tho the Huct messed up at 1 place and accendtly warped. But of course I was the weak link in that game cause i always get jp lag. For me Deldepths are Frozen in mid air etc... >.<

anguish
Aug 17, 2005, 10:36 AM
On 2005-08-14 22:09, yellow5 wrote:
I know it's possible. Every member of the team just has to be disciplined in killing enemies in the least amount of time; this includes minimal damage cancel, one-on-one fighting, taking advantage of every opportunity to do damage when possible.

Yeah, I've realized that as well, but due to me beeing from EU (don't understand kanjis at all) & have jp lag it's not easy to ... find good players or understand what they want me to do. I have no problems following orders, cause that's the basis of a good TA team, but when none tells you what to do, and you see all others doing what you where just about to do ... there's a lot of confusion... I think you get my point. >.<

Anyway, I updated my website with some new videos (see sig), including an EP2C4 run as my FOnewearl. The other ones are just old runs that I wanted to upload.

Thank you very much, gonna try and download it asap! Good strategies for Foney on C4 is all I need really cause that's my key to a 2'2x'xx time. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif. I find it easier to play with Fonewn on that stage tho, due to faster cast rate (not worrying about Zoa slowly walking into you and punch you in the face due to cast delay) + Fonewn has higher HP. I think you need to find at least 1HPM before that secret room with the other HPM's if you're playing with Foney? If you remember last time we played I had 180HP or so... Which gets you killed by wave and when you rise up from your grave it's time for HP and you die twice in a row. >.<

I want to also mention that when fighting Del Depths, if you manage to hit them when they are sliding around, they rise immediately. Sometimes, you will see what looks like me attacking thin air, but I'm really trying to hit Del Depths.

Is it worth casting a Foie or two for just trying to hit them while on ground? I know gifoie stuns but is a bad idea cause it messes up the freezing 80% of the time. I also tend to do 0 dmg with Foie on Deldepth while their frozen near ground but still got the aim on them... I guess that's just another jp lag thing... or?

anguish
Aug 17, 2005, 08:16 PM
I'm slowly getting to our goal for E2C now. Me and CCL managed to get a good team for C4, tho all drops sucked & CCL had his starting Buster at the OF Battle, we ended up with a time of 48'19. And I know we can do much better than that. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

That makes my E2 a Total of : 2'35'35
C1: 38'55 | Huct Huct Humar Foney
C2: 31'28 | Huct Racsl Foney Fonewn
C3: 15'56 | Foney Foney Hucsl Foney
C4: 48'19 | Huct Foney Hucsl Huct
C5: 20'57 | Huct Foney Foney Foney

C3 is also improved by 48s? or so today. Team consisted of 3 Foney 1 Hucsl & we tried to genkai for ag. ag dropped a couple of times but none with HIT. >.< I really want to start trying 4FO C3 but we always miss our 4th FO when our team is assembled. :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anguish on 2005-08-17 18:35 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anguish on 2005-08-18 17:18 ]</font>

SLON
Aug 18, 2005, 06:41 AM
That search for an Autogun was quite frustrating. When you don't find it, the Hucaseal is pretty useless, and it also means wasting time/TP in the Mountains, and also at Gal G(Zalure/Shifta). I think if you are playing Hu, you should be satisfied with a time of around 15 minutes for C3, and leave it at that.
Hopefully we can get some 4 Fo games going, anguish!

anguish
Aug 18, 2005, 08:09 AM
Well, the best time around for C3 is prob 3FO Humar, but i have a feeling that the Humar had a high% Buster and they got lucky with many lightning attacks from GAL? Which can be 200dmg to the head from Hu. It's just speculations tho, but ueber luck must be a part of it.

Same goes with 4FO, so if we're gonna do that please be patient it will prob take around 10 fails? And we should prob just get 1GHP and that FO gets R3 as well and dropps all scapes & has to jellen for his own survival then of course. The remaining 3 gets the honor of beeing a part of the kamikaze squad. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Instead of hk if no ag it will be hk if loss of doll before GAL.

Saiffy
Aug 18, 2005, 09:55 AM
I really wish all my best times were on one character...Then I could say I at least...semi TA.

So far, my times are:
C1-38"55(On some spare HUcast)
C2-34"49(On my HUmar)
C3-26"09(On my HUcaseal, I really need to make that better)
C4-...I am SO not saying my best time(Yeah...I hate C4)
C5-24"41(On my HUcaseal x_x)

Of course, I'm still far from TA material. All my good times(Cept C3 and 4) were done with CCL and Rubicon and I really appreciate them putting up with me. If you two ever need me, just mail me of course. I really enjoy running ep2 c-mode with you guys. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I also should clear with my HUcast then run him as my "semi-TA only because I suck" character.

anguish
Aug 18, 2005, 07:35 PM
That C5 Time is not our 3p run right? But I can't recall doing C5 with you any other time tho. (with sucess that is). Well our 3p run was fast but a major fail for me cause my stupid Huct dc'ed at epsilon seconds before i could pick up my S Rank. I ended up deleting him before clearing C5 cause he was doomed with bad luck. :/

Anyways Saiffy I don't mind playing with you at all, http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif You're a good player & TA is just about practise, you'll get there!

Saiffy
Aug 18, 2005, 09:52 PM
On 2005-08-18 17:35, anguish wrote:
That C5 Time is not our 3p run right? But I can't recall doing C5 with you any other time tho. (with sucess that is). Well our 3p run was fast but a major fail for me cause my stupid Huct dc'ed at epsilon seconds before i could pick up my S Rank. I ended up deleting him before clearing C5 cause he was doomed with bad luck. :/

Anyways Saiffy I don't mind playing with you at all, http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif You're a good player & TA is just about practise, you'll get there!

Well...Now that I think about it, I'm not sure who I did that c5 with...Might have just been with PJ and two random JP players or something.

Sorry to hear you never cleared it, it took a good 10 minutes or so after you d/ced...With the pallasch I had, I did 0-5 damage to epsilon XD Wasn't very fun, to say the least.

Thanks for the compliment, maybe one day I'll at least get a decent total time.

I really need to get a FO to at least c3 >_<

SLON
Aug 19, 2005, 06:39 AM
Saiffwin, we are struggling to fill that 4th player slot all the time. If you want to be more than just a casual player, please join us. Your episode 2 times are very respectable. Better times come with familiarity with not only the maps, but your team mates too.
anguish - Im not sure about the need to HK just because someone lost a doll. If we take Gal Grif down fast enough, hopefully we won't need all our dolls (wishful thinking??).

Saiffy
Aug 19, 2005, 07:14 PM
Had great fun doing c2 and 4 with you, shame we didn't clear c2, I know CCL really wanted to do 3FO c3..Tomorrow morning I'll try to just clear C2 with my FOnl.

Sorry I wasn't playing all that good in C4(Although those drops didn't help the matter) I was being distracted by some other things. Tomorrow if we can play again I shouldn't be so...bad. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

EDIT: I've been watching a bunch of DEL's movies, they're proving to be very useful. I didn't really know the amount of time I had til Gal stomped down(And me being slightly afraid to run right in with a saber as a HUcast didn't help). I hope we can quickly get down 3FOc3...But I am slightly afraid of dodging gals running around(FOs can't survive without both Gen/HP right?)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saiffy on 2005-08-19 17:49 ]</font>

anguish
Aug 20, 2005, 02:28 AM
FOs can't survive without both Gen/HP right?

Now you should know the answer to that. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Only 1GHP is needed if you cast jellen, I think Fonewn can survive without any units (deband might be needed then tho) & maybe just 1hpm is enough for Fonl (haven't tested). But there is still a slight chance that you will get critical hit, but I'm not even sure if 2GHP saves you from a critical.

Saiffy
Aug 20, 2005, 12:08 PM
Right. I also managed to dodge Gal 70% of the time, watching DEL's video really helped there.

Had lots of fun ding 2c2 with 4 FOnewearls. Can't believe we passed though http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

anguish
Aug 21, 2005, 09:07 PM
I'm not surprised at all that it worked with 4FO on C2, it might even be the optimal TA team for it. It was huge dmgc but if you can get a good teamwork that will be np. Hu's are needed for quicker dubcich kill with hg, freezing Sorc & taking care of Garanz. as far as FT for Gillchich goes I think that it's pure bullshyt, i mean first you need to wait for it to detonate wich is np with a hg, but hen it's dmgc & it takes at least 3 barta to kill instead of 2. if you consider the time it takes for a Gillchich to rise up from the ground it's even faster without FT. But then again for the boss fight you prob need 2 Hu's for less dmgc. It's always fun doing 4FO cmode, tho we always miss our 4th FO, and CCL rarely play with his FO.

I'm slowly removing seconds from my E2 Total Time now. Got 2 decent runs of C3, first was 3FO Huct 14'55, and then 3F0 Hucsl 14'33, still no 4FO team for me. :/ That makes my Total 02'34'12, but now CCL got a head start with his amazing 40'04 C4 run. Argh, can never get those with my FO. :/

SLON
Aug 22, 2005, 06:48 AM
I agree about the Gilchics in C2; freezing them is not necessary - save freeze traps for Delsabers/Garanz/Sorcerors. A Force can kill a number of Gilchics in one combo with barta; waiting for a freeze trap to go off wastes maybe 5 seconds.
Our hunt for an Autogun finally paid off with that sub 15 minute run, but it would have been better if Gal G had landed in the middle more, instead of overflying so much, and a few more lightning modes would have helped.
I'm sure we can get a 4 Force game going soon. I still don't see how a sub 9 minute game is possible without a very very big slice of luck. If we get somewhere near the 10 minute mark I will be impressed.
I expect you and CL to break 2h 30 before very long. Good luck. Thanks also to Saiffy and Googly for helping us out.

anguish
Aug 22, 2005, 09:36 PM
Did a 4FO C3 with CCL & 2 jp players today (non experts). We failed maybe 3 times before we actually killed Gal but it was like when we did a 4FO a couple of weeks ago SLON, only 17 mins. Due to an unlucky GAL pattern with 2-3 Lightning attacks etc. :/

I have a question for DEL. What software do you use for recording videos from your gamecube? Would like to record some myself for personal use, http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

anguish
Aug 23, 2005, 11:10 AM
This has been an awesome day my friends. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
I've finnaly reached my goal for E2TA !!!

It started with a 4FO E2C3, "Wild Run" joined then 2 other jp Fo's. Idk the skill of the other 2FOnl, 1 had a worse time than me & the other had not cleared C3 yet. I chatted a bit with Wild Run before starting, 'she' or 'he'? Said that for 8-9 minutes C3, you need to be at Gal warp under 04:00 (in our run we where there at 04:20+ ). All items are ignored & he told me about Barta counts at each type of attack that i don't remember anymore. >.< Well we just did 1 run (no fails) and Gal only did lightning attack once. I died 3 times 1 of them was just bad luck, the other 2 I couldnt help. I was a bit cowardis as well, so it could've been a lot better. Time was 12'31 ... And I see now how 8-9 minutes is possible (with lucky GAL pattern).

Afterwards I had luck with joining a E2C4 team with good players that thought it was OK for me to join. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif. I had bad jp lag all the time & was near dc at one place, game froze for 20seconds or so. But I hanged in there cause I know it can go back to normal and it did. This run ended at 44'06 And once again this could be better, but i couldnt be more satisfied than I am right now.

E2 TOTAL: 02'27'57 ... now my first goal is reached, and my second goal is now to help C-ChronoLink & SLON to get there as well. Maybe DEL also if you still play PSO and want to play with us.

Saiffy
Aug 23, 2005, 06:18 PM
I've been wondering for awhile now.

Everybody knows to avoid divine punishment on Olga Flow is to hit his right foot(I sometimes screw up, though) or hit a damage mine...Is there a difference between the 3 mines?(Or is it me just not looking hard enough?)

Sorry I haven't been able to get on the last couple of days, just all the 102s and lack of stuff to do when I do get on.

yellow5
Aug 23, 2005, 09:35 PM
Congrats on the time. Wildrun is an awesome player.

It doesn't look like I will be returning to PSO. My GameCube just can't handle it anymore...

SLON
Aug 24, 2005, 06:48 AM
Great stuff, anguish. Your Fo skills have come a long way in only a couple of months! I hope you will still be around to help me get 2h 30 as well!! I presume you still want Rubicon to get 2h 30?!
Del, sorry to see you finish. We had some enjoyable games together.

anguish
Aug 24, 2005, 11:24 AM
DEL:
Not worth investing in a new GC ehh? I think they're really cheap now so it wouldnt hurt so much in your wallet. But I guess you're just as fed up with PSO as most others and now you got a real excuse to stop playing. :/ I don't blame you, but i feel sad to hear that you're quiting when you are so close as you are, and it's been real fun playing with you, like our 2p C4 among other things.

Slon:
Yeah sure, I can try to get better times on Rubi as well, but then we have to do 3FO 1Hucsl C3 again with a tiresome ag hunt. :/ My top prioritys is to help CCL with C2, C3 and for that I still need to be FO. >.<

SLON
Aug 25, 2005, 06:38 AM
Argh, those AGs! Sure, lets get CL through c3 (Buster hunt???) with a sub-15 if we can!! Also Ive only done 1 decent run on c2, so I need that just as badly!
Saiffy, I don't think there is a visible difference between the various mines by Olga (correct me if I'm wrong). If you can't get to the foot in time, hit a mine, and if it's a shock mine, either take your Punishment, or keep running!

anguish
Aug 29, 2005, 12:34 PM
I have a feeling that CCL has quit PSO now, haven't seen him on for a week or so? And that just makes me wanna stop playing as well, or at least only play when you are online SLON, so if you could tell me beforehand at which times I can expect you to be online, that would be nice. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

and another thing, i blocked ( C you know who) today, he once again was real ignorant & just talked about his times etc. People who just look after themselves & brag about their efforts with jp ppl got nothing to do with me.

hmm, I think there isnt any visual difference between the mines at OF. Confuse traps = Death, but i have a feeling that Freeze traps is good for dodging Heaven Punisher. Hmm, I just remember beeing Frozen twice & booth times HP hit me but nothing happend. Well, i'm still clueless about it.

SLON
Aug 31, 2005, 06:43 AM
I learnt two things about E2C3 last night:
First that you can 'freeze' Gibbles by standing close to the wall (thus letting you Barta him to death without fear of an airborne attack). Secondly, you can Barta Gal G in the face as he is about to land.
Minor points, but useful if you want to get a proper TA time.
anguish, I still think getting to Gal G in 4 minutes is really tough; our best was 4 min 20, I think. Pity we didn't get to kill him on that run, but over all we did Ok.
Update: Best C3 time to get to Gal Griff now 4 min 09 seconds!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SLON on 2005-09-14 04:43 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SLON on 2005-10-05 04:40 ]</font>

anguish
Sep 5, 2005, 06:44 AM
I hate my computer, I wrote a complete 4FO C3 Guide for this thread but my computer froze when i hit the submit button. :/ And I don't feel like rewriting everything. Well anyways, I think that the only reason we lost about 20s in those runs where because your internet connection is a bit slow. +-20 s isnt that much anyways when we don't aim for 8-9 minutes.

Taking every opportunity to use Barta is a must, as he is about to land, when he flies over, when he walks around in circles, and when bides his time for wave attack... I don't know Barta counts when he is on the ground but 'at least' 5 Barta's is possible, I think more.

anguish
Sep 5, 2005, 11:57 AM
Btw. The Gibbles stun on E2C3 is also useful on E2C5,
if you stand behind the yellow line you will be able to stun Gibbles. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

yellow5
Feb 1, 2006, 01:04 PM
What is the best time you think is possible for first area of EP2C4? Usually, we get ~6min, but 5"30 and under is definitely possible.

I mentioned in another thread that you need to run the opposite way when Olga Flow does the green beam attack and moves to the right of the screen. If you stay on the left side, you won't be able to out-run it. Check out my 2-player Olga Flow fight to see what I'm talking about: http://farmz.net/yellowaznboy/Episode2/olga2player_1.wmv

Shigecki
Feb 3, 2006, 03:22 PM
This is what I saw when I watched your videos on c4. I believe you guys ended with a time of 43 mins and some change. I believe you left the first area under the 5"30 mark, more like 5"15.

I wish you could show a video of how you fight in the sinow trick room. I feel this is a weak part of my game, and feel I take too long in this room. Do you stay in one area and let them come to you? Anything will help, thanks.

yellow5
Feb 5, 2006, 07:49 PM
Edit: I just realized I misread your post.

Check out this site and download the 4th video: http://hardist.at.infoseek.co.jp/movie.htm

That page also has some good videos on other TA tricks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2006-02-09 14:54 ]</font>

anguish
Feb 14, 2006, 07:50 AM
We confirmed something on E2C2 yesterday that might be a bit usefull (only a matter of seconds but who cares?). I could explain in words the exact place but you better look at the map here http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1960 In Area 11, yellow marker nr 6, after you kill the last 2 Delsabers a Chaos Sorceror will spawn, often in the opposite end of the room. But if everyone stays near the door, he will spawn next to you instead. >_>

yellow5
Feb 14, 2006, 11:15 AM
I know what you are talking about. I've always had a feeling that was the case, but never really looked into it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

anguish
Feb 19, 2006, 08:48 AM
It doesn't seem to work every time tho, or we're just not doing it right. :/

Finnaly got some snaps on my current times, >_>;

http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/8300/raein5lv.jpg

http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/3228/rubicon9wx.jpg

We still got a long way to go, but I hope some of you will keep playing until PSU is released, so we can break the 2'29'xx mark. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

EDIT: or even the 2'19'xx mark if possible. >_>;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anguish on 2006-02-19 05:49 ]</font>

Arias
Aug 23, 2006, 08:51 AM
Well, I'm new here though I've played PSO for over 2years on the Gamecube :S

My HUcast:

e2c1:35.35
e2c2:29.16
e2c3:11.16
e2c4:43.31
e2c5:16.58
I had some help from some crazy japanese friends (played with them alot), for all of the challenges except e2c4:)

By the way, is there a hucast with a better e2c3 time?
I'd like to know that:)