PDA

View Full Version : A few noob questions...

NetNomad
Sep 29, 2004, 11:00 PM
Hey... I'm one of the folks who just started playing PSO seriously, after getting the GC plus version (played the orginal before, got to level 13 but lost that memory card). I've read a good amount of things on this site about rares, mags, etc... I have a couple noobie questions, mostly about mags.

The first time I went through the mines, with my original character (RAmar/Redria), I picked up quite a few mags. I have ten or twelve of them, most sitting in the check room... I decided to only keep two out at one time. My original mag is now a Pushan of level 105 or so.

There is a guide, I can't remember which one, which said that mags you find in the mines are of random colors. From what I've found I'd have to disagree. My character's costume and original mag are green... and about 9 of the 10-11 mags I've found are also green. I have one cyan mag that I'm currently working on, and one that I THINK is sea-green (but might be cyan as well, I couldn't tell), but the rest are regular, lime-green mags. My second character, with a white costume (that may have been in the "last few" range, I don't remember), started with a white mag. So far I've picked up two mags with this character... both of them pink. What's the method to the madness here? I can't figure it out...

Second question: I know some people trade mags online... how valuable are they really? I don't think I'll be going online any time soon, at least not from my own house... but not knowing what else to do with all these mags, I'm raising them as if I were. What kinds of mags do people tend to want online?

My third question is about rare weapons... so far I've found three Varistas and a few various slicer rares with my original character, as well as a few enemy parts. I know Montague makes parts into weapons, and I managed to get him to make one pair of Grass Assassin Sabers. I couldn't get him to make anything else (including the other two pairs of G-A Arms I had), and once I finished Unsealed Door he was gone again. Does he ever come back?

VioletSkye
Sep 29, 2004, 11:23 PM
Welcome to the boards http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Be glad that you even find colored mags as the original PSOGC only allowed you to find grey mags in the mines.

Once you have completed all the quests, you can go back and redo any of them as many times as you want, so you can get to the good Dr. again to have him convert the other g. assassin's arms. He will only convert 1 enemy part each time you do the quest.

Whenever I played, there were always people begging for mags, so I'm sure you'll find a few people willing to trade you for them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-09-29 21:34 ]</font>

Gjl
Sep 30, 2004, 02:16 AM
Actually you could just start the quest up, talk to Montague to convert your weapon and then cancel the quest and redo it to convert another item.

VioletSkye
Sep 30, 2004, 02:51 AM
Thats true, but only if he didn't finish the quest already. If he did, then he will have to finish them all in order to load it up again (which I know you already know, but in case newer people were reading I thought I'd explain that.) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-09-30 00:53 ]</font>

MathijsHunter
Oct 2, 2004, 08:20 AM
Hey, you mean that version with added online quests?
Which quests have been added?

Ketchup345
Oct 2, 2004, 09:33 AM
On 2004-10-02 06:20, MathijsHunter wrote:
Hey, you mean that version with added online quests?
Which quests have been added?

http://www.pso-world.com/psoplus.php

And obviously anything that says "no US release" or "can't switch characters to and from Plus from a US" are wrong, since the game was released here (just they never got around to updating it).

chantez131313
Oct 2, 2004, 04:40 PM
As for the mags to trade, different people like different things. But if you had to raise one, make a Rati. I can't say for a fact that it's the one everyone's after since everyone has their own likes and dislikes. But from what I saw when I was online and here at the forum, Rati is decently popular. Plus, even if no one wants it, it's the coolest looking mag IMO.