PDA

View Full Version : So, I hear the \"Unsealed Door\" quest is quite hard...

The_Neon_Samurai
Feb 21, 2001, 02:10 PM
I wanna get that S-Beat Blade tonight, so if anyone who's done it could provide me with any helpful hints I would be most gratefull. I am a lv. 51 HUcast and play on normal in offline mode right now.

thx

DarkKnight
Feb 21, 2001, 02:33 PM
um.......question!!!

what has the "unsealed door" quest have to do with the s-beats?

you don't have to beat that quest!
just enter it with the s-beats arms and talk to DR.Montegue(or something like that)
he is in the lobby at the "unsealed door"

but you must have beaten the quest "doc's sectret plans" first.
or it won't work.

The_Neon_Samurai
Feb 21, 2001, 02:55 PM
Whoa, is this true? Thanks dude, that's really good to know. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

I'm gonna have an S-Beat Blade + 25 at the end of the day! YEEESSSSS! LIKE IT!

Ahh, now I can finally get rid of all those monogrinders that have been piling up in my bank account.

sinteres
Feb 21, 2001, 03:02 PM
That is correct, all you need is to have S-beats arm and then you go to Unsealed Door and talk to Dr. Montaugue 2 times, he will notice that you have that material and tell you to wait there, and he will come back and give you s-beats blade. You don't have to actually complete Unsealed door to get the blade, however you do need to complete the doc's secret plans quest.

-Sinteres...

The_Neon_Samurai
Feb 21, 2001, 03:23 PM
Ok, let me get this straight. Here's what I do, right? I head straight for the ruins, WITHOUT doing the "Unsealed Door" quest while I'm in the mines. Once I open the ruins, the "Doc's secret plans" quest is available from the guild. I do it and afterwards I enter the "Unsealed Door" quest, which is still available from the guild, although I already opened the ruins now. Then I just talk to the guy standing in the guild, two times, with the S-Beats Arms in my Inventory.

Does it work that way?

DarkKnight
Feb 21, 2001, 04:03 PM
correct!

you DO know how he looks like right?(he's a force)

and he is not in the "guild room" but outside that.
where all those people walk.

Lenneth
Feb 21, 2001, 04:11 PM
-nods- Unsealed Door is only required if you want to get the Soul Eater.... or, complete all the quests. (And thereby get the Frying Pan)

Danderdag
Feb 22, 2001, 07:14 AM
Unsealed door isn't so hard, Although after dying horribly I didn't try again until almost level 40 for normal >http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_biggrin.gif (it's easy once de rol is gone in a few hits).

Seutekh
Feb 22, 2001, 07:40 AM
Actually... "Unsealed Door" gave me no problems at all.

"Seek My Master" was the <expletive> of the bunch.

She just stands there!!! Surrounded by 6000 Dimenians of all levels of nastiness, with a clear path to run away and she just STANDS THERE.

So I think: "I'll run into the hallway, NPCs always follow you... she'll run." Nope. She dies.

Stand in front of her and soak up the hits while she plugs away at the baddies for a whopping 5 points of damage per hit. (missing often) Somehow... she still manages to die.

I stand right at the doorway, so she's still in the corridoor or the next room, and therefore will not even be a factor. She walks out in front of me and promptly dies.

I shoot at her for hours on hours, venting my frustration, then switch to the biggest nastiest looking weapon and swing it repeatedly in her direction. She doesn't die. Then I step foot into the next room. She dies.

Okay, so I beat it eventually, and yes, she's the only non-pink RAcaseal in the game, and she does look cool as hell. Her story is even touching and tragic, and demonstrates the fate of all those who are dependent upon others in a rather dramatic way, but could we have please made her a bit stronger? Or smarter? or really even more of anything that doesn't appeal to my aaesthetic tastes?

*whimper*

The_Neon_Samurai
Feb 22, 2001, 08:11 AM
Yay! I got it. That weapon is awesome. Not only does it look cool as hell and has the dagger animations, it also has impressive atp and the special attack just completely rules. I think it's save to say that that thing kills in one strike about 80-90% of the time. Add to that the fact that it strikes 6 times in a 3 hit combo and you can be pretty sure to kill everything that's not a boss in a 3 hit combo.

Took me longer than expected though, I had to do a bunch of quests before "Unsealed" door finally popped up. But it sure felt great finally getting it and grinding it too perfection. My first real rare weapon. I could have never gotten that level of satisfaction or joy out of it if someone just gave it to me on pioneer.

Is there any chance the servers were down yesterday? I couldn't go online after getting the S-Beat Blade (around 2.00). Oh well, perfect timing I guess http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

ragnarok
Feb 22, 2001, 08:51 AM
You better start grinding that baby, you can get to 25 in no time. S. Beats arm was easy to get too wasnt it ?

Seutekh
Feb 22, 2001, 08:51 AM
Glad to hear it Sam.

The only thing that makes me happier than the fact that you have one is the fact that you know you earned it, and actually enjoy that.

The_Neon_Samurai
Feb 22, 2001, 09:39 AM
On 2001-02-22 05:51, ragnarok wrote:
You better start grinding that baby, you can get to 25 in no time. S. Beats arm was easy to get too wasnt it ?[addsig]

Grinding it to +25 was the first thing I did when I got it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif. I had so many Grinders (around 30) in my bank account that I couldn't store anything else in there anymore, except my other special weapons. When it comes to the arm, it's sheer luck, isn't it? I got it from a Sinow Beat, or whatever these things in the mines are called. Dunno how rare it is for them to drop one though. I guess today I'll be getting the Soul Eater and the Frying Pan http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Gradius
Apr 11, 2001, 11:24 PM
I just got my soul eater!

Monkey
Apr 12, 2001, 12:02 AM
Yeah i have too many grinders so im grinding a saber to 75.

IceBlink
Apr 12, 2001, 05:19 AM
On 2001-02-22 06:39, The_Neon_Samurai Grinding it to +25 was the first thing I did when I got it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif. I had so many Grinders (around 30) in my bank account that I couldn't store anything else in there anymore, except my other special weapons. When it comes to the arm, it's sheer luck, isn't it? I got it from a Sinow Beat, or whatever these things in the mines are called. Dunno how rare it is for them to drop one though. I guess today I'll be getting the Soul Eater and the Frying Pan http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Heh, that's why in my bank, I only store digrinders and trigrinders. Saves more space. ^_^; I find a lot of them too... kinda scary.

Good luck on the Soul Eater and Frying Pan. The Frying Pan is one of my favorites... getting it with the HUmar, I transferred it over to my level 16 (at the time) FOmarl, and she was finally capable of killing things more easily in hand-to-hand combat... ^_^

Plus, you can't beat that 'doink' sound with the pan... ^_^

MechDan
Apr 12, 2001, 10:57 AM
I've found two S-Beat blades so far, and my main hangout is the Mines. In comparison, I've found many double sabres, and a fair number of Delsabre right arms.

Therefore, from my limitted experience, I'd guess that they're pretty rare, but not a "super rare" item.

Trmn8r
May 8, 2003, 08:31 PM
well ive been looking for soul eater for a few days, i somehow messedu p in hard after doing all but 4 quests
now im on normal and am freaking out cuz i cant find sue in unsealed door and i hear all these people talking about it as the one with the caves boss but is mines now i realize, im doing special delivery for like an hour looking for sue lol

LollipopLolita
May 8, 2003, 10:50 PM
don't bump old topics.