PDA

View Full Version : Football Video Games

Tact
Sep 30, 2004, 06:17 PM
http://theologyweb.com/forum/images/smilies/rant.gif

^The Rant Smiley!

Ok. This rant is not directed at football video games, but it is about a friend of mine who plays them. I play this football video game (Madden 2005) with him sometimes, and he ALWAYS uses the same fricking passing play whenever he passes. ALWAYS. Even if my two friends who are much better at the game were to teach him how to use different plays, and how to use these plays to win football games, he'd still use the same plays. He also wants to get good players, like Randy Moss and Terrell Owens (Should be Terrell Owns, hehe), and my friends tell him he has to trade one of his good players, but no, he insists on not trading the one player he has to trade to get these players. My friends also plan on telling him to get his team in Practice Mode to raise their stats & skills, so he can trade other players for the good ones, but he'll probably practice the same passing play anyway. Now for the running plays. He hardly ever trusts me with running plays, but the more I get to run, the better I get at it, so I never get to run the ball when I play with him, but I get to run a lot when I play with my other two comrades.

*deep breathing(someone tell me if I spelled the preceding word correctly) for a few seconds*

Now for the cheerleaders. Why do they all have to be "well endowed" (if this offends anybody, tell me. I will edit) if you know what I mean? The rest of them is ugly as hell, and I bet that the only reason that the people who made this game will claim for that is for marketing, and to get more males to buy the game.

I'm all vented now.

Scrub
Sep 30, 2004, 06:26 PM
-_- I don't even know why they have cheerleaders in the games. It's not like they advertise it on the box so people will know(or care)...

"HEY, MARTY, THIS FOOTBALL GAME HAS CHEERLEADERS!!!!

"OGM GET IT!!!!!"

Anyways, well, does this ONE passing play he does work all the time, or constantly screw up?

I could see you getting upset either way.

Tact
Sep 30, 2004, 06:30 PM
On 2004-09-30 16:26, GreyPhantasm wrote:

Anyways, well, does this ONE passing play he does work all the time, or constantly screw up?

It works some of the time.

BogusKun
Sep 30, 2004, 10:42 PM
Football games are all the same... I'm all about the far distant ancestor of repetitive games...

Ya know... Tecmo Bowl for NES!

Tact
Oct 1, 2004, 02:01 PM
On 2004-09-30 20:42, BogusKun wrote:
Football games are all the same... I'm all about the far distant ancestor of repetitive games...

Ya know... Tecmo Bowl for NES!

Meh...I just want my friends to vary his plays more...the other two friends I play the game with use a different play EVERY SInGLE TIME. They never use the same exact play twice in a row, unless they're trying to run down the clock. (That is a really good thing)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tactician7777 on 2004-10-01 12:04 ]</font>

Shadowpawn
Oct 1, 2004, 02:09 PM
*looks at rant smiley*
Wow it looks pretty pissed off...>.> (and like meatwad?!?!?!)

As for your friend, why do you think he might use the same play all the time. Does he play against the CPU alot?

For the cheerleaders...god bless 'em http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-10-01 12:10 ]</font>

Tact
Oct 1, 2004, 02:13 PM
He always plays against the worst team as the best team. My other friends always play against the actual NFL teams.

Zzzzzz
Oct 1, 2004, 06:36 PM
Yeah, sounds like your friend doesn't like to lose. I mean, doesn't even want a challenge! I mean, which is more exciting, A)doing the same thing over again and having the other team not even touch you, or B)having to make sure the superior opponets(sp) doesn't get close enough for even a field goal so you can win the game? Sure, B) may result to you yelling at your TV and throwing heavy sharp objects at it in case they win, but that's what grudge matches are for, right?

BTW, I only have Madden 2003 and Madden Football.

Scrub
Oct 1, 2004, 07:02 PM
On 2004-10-01 16:36, Zzzzzz wrote:
Yeah, sounds like your friend doesn't like to lose. I mean, doesn't even want a challenge! I mean, which is more exciting, A)doing the same thing over again and having the other team not even touch you, or B)having to make sure the superior opponets(sp) doesn't get close enough for even a field goal so you can win the game? Sure, B) may result to you yelling at your TV and throwing heavy sharp objects at it in case they win, but that's what grudge matches are for, right?

BTW, I only have Madden 2003 and Madden Football.

Try playing Xbox Live with your best friend and wanting to gut him like a fish at school tomorrow. =D

Tact
Oct 2, 2004, 12:33 PM
On 2004-10-01 17:02, GreyPhantasm wrote:

Try playing Xbox Live with your best friend and wanting to gut him like a fish at school tomorrow. =D

He has it for PS2. And I prbably won't play against him anyway, because I have no clue which play to use when. I just play along with what my friends use. Plus, the stubborn friend won't accept a game challenge from one of my other Madden friends because he knows he'll lose.