PDA

View Full Version : God Power/Luck

Poof
Sep 30, 2004, 11:16 PM
Very simple, which is better? Assuming Im a Hunter with about 42 luck, and 2000 atp, i dpn't have a God/Luck, and currently equip:
God/Power
God/Power
God/Power
God/Battle

Wondering if throwing a God/Luck in there would help me out, if you have any ideas...

Blue-Hawk
Sep 30, 2004, 11:18 PM
Well, is that 2,000 atp with a weapon, or is that your base? If it's your base, then why not? More criticle hits are good things.

Poof
Sep 30, 2004, 11:19 PM
Its with a weapon, sorry I didn't specify

Blue-Hawk
Sep 30, 2004, 11:21 PM
No prob. What's your base atp?
hell, while we're at it, what the base stats of said character?
Also, mag stats?
And what kind of hunter?

silvermax
Oct 1, 2004, 01:59 AM
removing 1 god power for 1 god luck would be better imo, more crit hits is always good, specialy with a multi hit wep

Gjl
Oct 1, 2004, 02:04 AM
Get rid of ALL your God/Powers (since they add about 10 daamge each) and get yourself a God/Battle. God Luck sucks since you're better off using the materials, as it only gives 30 luck. You might want a God/Arm too if you haven't maxed out your ATA. Since you're a high level stuff like God/Power and God/Mind won't make any difference unless you are going for max stats so I recommend some cure units like Cure/Freeze or Cure/Paralysis.

Here's what I recommend:
God/Battle < Essential for ANY hunter
God/Arm <---If your ATA is not max
Cure/Freeze <--- Essential for Seabeds and Dark Falz. Remove if you're not gonna get frozen.
Cure/Paralysis <--- Great for Temple/Caves and a few other areas. Remove if you're not gonna get paralysed.
Cure/Shock <--- Equip one of these if you're going to the mountains, and other areas with lots of shocking enemies, otherwise don't bother.
Cure/Confuse <--- Not that useful really. Might be useful for Mines/Ruins traps and Gi Gue bombs but you can just Anti yourself.
Cure/Poison <--- This one sucks. Don't equip it and just Anti yourself if you get poisoned instead.

Replace any free slots with Resist/Devils to guard against megid since that's about the only ting that can kill you at your level (apart from stuff like the Mericarol attack and Epsilon's megid shield).

Tycho
Oct 1, 2004, 02:31 AM
Very simple, which is better? Assuming Im a Hunter with about 42 luck, and 2000 atp, i dpn't have a God/Luck, and currently equip:
God/Power
God/Power
God/Power
God/Battle

On 2004-10-01 00:04, Gjl wrote:
Get rid of ALL your God/Powers (since they add about 10 daamge each) and get yourself a God/Battle. God Luck sucks since you're better off using the materials, as it only gives 30 luck. You might want a God/Arm too if you haven't maxed out your ATA. Since you're a high level stuff like God/Power and God/Mind won't make any difference unless you are going for max stats so I recommend some cure units like Cure/Freeze or Cure/Paralysis.

Here's what I recommend:
God/Battle < Essential for ANY hunter
God/Arm <---If your ATA is not max
Cure/Freeze <--- Essential for Seabeds and Dark Falz. Remove if you're not gonna get frozen.
Cure/Paralysis <--- Great for Temple/Caves and a few other areas. Remove if you're not gonna get paralysed.
Cure/Shock <--- Equip one of these if you're going to the mountains, and other areas with lots of shocking enemies, otherwise don't bother.
Cure/Confuse <--- Not that useful really. Might be useful for Mines/Ruins traps and Gi Gue bombs but you can just Anti yourself.
Cure/Poison <--- This one sucks. Don't equip it and just Anti yourself if you get poisoned instead.

Replace any free slots with Resist/Devils to guard against megid since that's about the only ting that can kill you at your level (apart from stuff like the Mericarol attack and Epsilon's megid shield).

He kind of said he was using Battle already. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Go for God Arms and use Luck Mats if you still can.

Armok
Oct 1, 2004, 04:30 AM
Order goes

Slots -> use for ata
Mag -> use for pow
Materials -> use for Luck

Most effecient way to have all three at high level

Hrith
Oct 1, 2004, 05:04 AM
Armok said it all.

About Cure/Confuse, Gjl, it's very useful in Soul Blade (Sinows) and Seabed (Delbiter).
You also forgot to mention Cure/Slow, useful unit, especially Mines, Ruins and GDV.

SLON
Oct 1, 2004, 07:20 AM
I use Cure/Slow too. God/Power is very useful at low level, but once you have decent ATP, you don't need it anymore. I would only equip God/Arm if you keep getting Miss messages, otherwise a Cure unit is more useful.

Primrose
Oct 1, 2004, 07:48 AM
I also agree with Armok, but may i add, there no such things as 2000 base ATP. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

On 2004-10-01 03:04, Kef wrote:
About Cure/Confuse, Gjl, it's very useful in Soul Blade (Sinows) and Seabed (Delbiter).

And Endless Nightmare 4. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Gjl
Oct 1, 2004, 08:48 AM
On 2004-10-01 05:48, Primrose wrote:
I also agree with Armok, but may i add, there no such things as 2000 base ATP. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

On 2004-10-01 03:04, Kef wrote:

And Endless Nightmare 4. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I love the Indi Belra room. Very funny watching a clueless team get annihilated by all the Belra arms flying about http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif.

Poof
Oct 1, 2004, 07:03 PM
Alright, I'm going to try to bring this around to my original question. I just want to know if the God/Luck is better than a God/Power, for this character. He is a Humar, lv 145, with about 2000 atp w/weapon, 42 luck, and maxed materials. I do not need to know which cure units are good. I don't care, thats not what I'm asking. I am doing Cave runs and don't have a problem with paralysis. Also, yes, i do have a God/Battle and yes, I do have a God/Arm and don't have trouble with getting the 'miss icon'. I just wanted to know which would give me more damage: God/Power or God/Luck. Thank you

silvermax
Oct 2, 2004, 02:16 AM
higher luck = more crit hits = better then god power in the over all.

Armok
Oct 2, 2004, 02:41 AM
I agree as an whole with the god luck idea although I personally dont know the Lck/crit hit % rate.

Even a small rise in crit hit rate would be easy to out do a 2.5% (50/2000) increase in attack power due to overall damage.

Nicktendonick
Nov 17, 2004, 05:35 PM
What about God/ability? God/luck boosts luck by 30, and ability boosts luck by 20, and pow,mst,def,evp. not to mention hp by 1 (Why did ST do that).

Here's what i think you should have:

1 God/power
1 God/arm
1 God/Ability
1 God/Battle

And use luck mats to max out your luck (with out G/Ability, A hunter with 100 hit can get critical hits about 45% of the time.

Tsudo_Plat
Nov 18, 2004, 06:57 PM
On 2004-11-17 14:35, Nicktendonick wrote:
What about God/ability? God/luck boosts luck by 30, and ability boosts luck by 20, and pow,mst,def,evp. not to mention hp by 1 (Why did ST do that).

It doesn't raise HP. It raises ATA by 2.

On 2004-11-17 14:35, Nicktendonick wrote:
And use luck mats to max out your luck (with out G/Ability, A hunter with 100 hit can get critical hits about 45% of the time.

He already said that he maxed out on materials...

45% of the time? I wish it was that good. I would say it is closer to like 25-30% of the time if you have maxed out luck.

My suggestion would be to try and get a God/Ability if you have a Purplenum in Ultimate. Otherwise you might want to try out the following:

God/Power
God/Power
Cure/Unit
God/Battle

I hope that helps you out in some way. Replacing a God/Luck for a God/Power is not worth it. If you can get a God/Ability then replace a Power for that, otherwise just use 2 Powers and a Cure/Unit.