PDA

View Full Version : a quest i would love to see...

atomisk
Oct 1, 2004, 01:47 PM
i think it would be awesome to have a tower quest that was an endurance thing. there would be maybe 100 floors and if you died you didnt get to come back (although they would have to do something about megid) at the end there would be a battle with epsilon (except he would actually be tough) and there would be a huge reward, not as good as an s-rank but something almost as cool. i dunno, just an idea i had.

KaFKa
Oct 1, 2004, 02:06 PM
too bad its impossible at this point in time. keep dreaming.

Malfunction
Oct 1, 2004, 02:09 PM
It could still be 10 floors, but in Epsilon's room, there would be an EN sorta thing, and then Epsilon would appear. Maybe you could get to fight several at once. That would be cool.

Fireal
Oct 1, 2004, 02:21 PM

Why?
The data for the floors is in the disk, the only thing ST has to do is repeat them over and over...
It sounds like it would be a very good idea.
It would certainly be good for drops and EXP.

Although I think playing it in itself is reward enough, without the prize for completion.

KaFKa
Oct 1, 2004, 02:35 PM
On 2004-10-01 12:21, Fireal wrote:

Why?
The data for the floors is in the disk, the only thing ST has to do is repeat them over and over...

Although I think playing it in itself is reward enough, without the prize for completion.

notice how every quest that PSO has is already imprinted on the disk?

thank you, good day.

Eanae
Oct 1, 2004, 02:43 PM
On 2004-10-01 12:35, KaFKa wrote:

Why?

thank you, good day.

Not with blue burst >_>

anwserman
Oct 1, 2004, 02:58 PM

Why?

thank you, good day.

Thats why it says "Now loading quest... please wait"?
Hmm... the levels themselves are on the disc but the quest data (the scripts that modify the levels... warp placements, etc) can be loaded.

So yes, in theory ST could make a quest that in 9 or 10 floors of the tower, instead of going floor 1 > floor2, you could repeat many variations of floor 1 before going to floor 2.

Tycho
Oct 1, 2004, 08:27 PM
Towers times 10?....

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif -.-

Deus-Irae
Oct 2, 2004, 02:02 AM

thank you, good day.

PW3 quest info is on my disk? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

i like it when people get smarmy whilst pwning themselves http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

this quest would be easily doable online. like a Tower Mop Up or the upcoming PW4 (just guessing that it will be Tower, or that its upcoming for that matter)

Armok
Oct 2, 2004, 02:45 AM
The room floor patterns are set on the disk however which doors open monster appearances and warp/box locations arent so. This kind of quest could be easily done. Sounds a bit Like FMA2 but just in tower to me though.

chantez131313
Oct 2, 2004, 04:49 PM
Yet another endurance quest. Oh, and if there's one like this, tell me. When I was online, all everyone wanted to play was To the Future or whatever it's called.

Anyhow, it would be awesome to have a mission where you were going through someplace and got trapped in a room. While the door was doing self-maintenence, monsters started to appear. Not just a few, but like 15 at a time. And everytime you killed one, another one took its place. Anyhow, you would have to fight until the door was fixed. I like the idea, but maybe you don't. That's why it's my opinion.

Oh, and KaFkA. It never hurt anyone to dream.

Eanae
Oct 2, 2004, 04:52 PM
On 2004-10-02 14:49, chantez131313 wrote:
Yet another endurance quest. Oh, and if there's one like this, tell me. When I was online, all everyone wanted to play was To the Future or whatever it's called.

Anyhow, it would be awesome to have a mission where you were going through someplace and got trapped in a room. While the door was doing self-maintenence, monsters started to appear. Not just a few, but like 15 at a time. And everytime you killed one, another one took its place. Anyhow, you would have to fight until the door was fixed. I like the idea, but maybe you don't. That's why it's my opinion.

No it doesn't. But it also doesn't hurt to follow rules. Your sig is 4 lines over the limit. I suggest you fix it.

Indeed a quest like this would be cool. I think a never ending quest would be cooler. See how far you could get without being allowed to go back to pioneer 2. An androids worst night mare! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

FIDELCASTRO
Oct 2, 2004, 05:49 PM
sorta like that one part in windwaker, where you need to get the triforce shard. the rooms just keep getting harder and harder. you keep what you get, but if you make it without leaving for healing or whatever, you get something...that would be pretty cool.

chantez131313
Oct 3, 2004, 12:26 PM
On 2004-10-02 14:52, Eanae wrote:

On 2004-10-02 14:49, chantez131313 wrote:

No it doesn't. But it also doesn't hurt to follow rules. Your sig is 4 lines over the limit. I suggest you fix it.

Indeed a quest like this would be cool. I think a never ending quest would be cooler. See how far you could get without being allowed to go back to pioneer 2. An androids worst night mare! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Your the first to say anything about my sig. Oh well, happy?

Anyhow, yeah, that would be fun. But you could still go far with an android. Especially with my Chainsawd.