PDA

View Full Version : Lvel 40 stats for all HU and FOmarl.

Defend
Jul 3, 2002, 07:01 PM
..Are at Ah King's joint somewhere.. here.
http://www.planetps2.com/pe2/pso/html/hunters.html

*copies same post he made at Ah King's forum* hehe

OK looking at the Hunters.

The DFP thing is still whacked out compared to what we are used to.
The HUmar has god awful DFP, while the HUnny has 20% more than even the HUcast and HUcaseal! (Who are deadlocked).
Her HP is the lowest of the hunters though, so its not much use. HP always helps, DFP only comes into the phsyical aspect of damage. I never did find out if falling over is determined by how much HP you lost, or how big a % of HP you lost.
Droid good, HUmar teh suck, HUnny good but pointless.

Strewth EVP has gone crazy too.
The HUnewearl has an insane amount compared to the droids. like almost 50% more than a HUcast. The droids have the least EVP. This is a total backflip since v2.. the HUcast has the lowest EVP of the hunters.. 96 less than a HUnny at level 40! Egads.
The HUcast has the least EVP, then HUcaseal.. about 8% more. The HUmar has about 25% more, and Hunny, 50% more.
Dammit and I hate EVP too. Argh I guess Defend isn't built for taking hits anyway, guess it would be useful heh. *mutters something about v2 sucking compared to v1*
Hmm.. EVP is already a wildcard... be interesting to see how RA EVP turns out! HUnny might end up owning the game in EVP (oh now there's a lure hard to resist.. not).
HUnny godly, HUmar decent, droids surprisingly lowest.

ATP at least is what we'd expect. HUnnies still suck, HUcast are still kings, HUcaseal has a bit less, and HUmar a bit less than her. The difference between HUnny and HUcast seems quite big, but then again, it was a monster gap in v2.. this might be a little better, but hard to tell what will happen.
The difference between HUcast and HUcaseal is fairly small.
HUcast best, HUcaseal very close, HUnny worst. Nothing new here.

HP.. A little surprise with the HUmar having more than HUcaseal.. it better not kiss HUmar arse in BA again. Think of v2, and the RAcaseal has tonnes more HP than the RAmar. Then again, HUmar has that cruddy DFP.. and ... no deband?
HUcast best, then HUmar a little over HUcaseal. The whacked out DFP should be considered with this.

TP has nothing to tell. HUnny has more.
Same with MST.
I don't think its worth speculating about TP/MST for even the FO because we're waiting to see how MST itself has been redesigned, before its possible to really guess much the differences in MST will affect a class. I'm guessing the MST change won't become apparent until the higher levels.. where it started to crumble in v2
Nothing new. Need to see how MST is redefined.

Finally ATA
In v2, HUmar was worst, just.. HUnny and HUmar both had quite bad ATA.
Now the HUnny is the lowest again, just. HUmar has one more than HUcast, where the HUcast used to own, and HUcaseal is a leap beyond any of them.
HUcaseal noticably ahead of the pack. Other 3 very close, HUnny barely last.

Sonic Team are really killing some v2 definitions .

1. Droids aren't the best for DFP, and HUmar loses badly to HUnny. This almost confirms it for me now, I reckon Sonic Team are flipping the male vs female DFP bias for all the Newman race. AND the newman DFP seems to have both extremes... HUnny and FUnny have their classes' highest DFP. FOnewm has the lowest of the FO.. and of PSO it seems now. Males will still have more DFP than females, just not for the newman anymore, I reckon.
FOnewm will no longer be FOking DFP man-whore. Hehehe =P
I still think a late-growth factor could come into it.. the droids might simply grow DFP a little longer than everyone else, and max at a higher amount. I'm thinking like this for HP too, but heck, they're changing the stats so much I can't really assume.

2. Droid EVP sucks! HUcaseal isn't EVP queen. She isn't even EVP foot-lacky. HUnny EVP is .. high...
Quite simply, the EVP is opposite of what we'd expect for droid vs bio. Unlike many people were expecting, don't pick HUcaseal for her EVP. This is great news for Kaloo hehe.. he loves sucking up the punches and laughing SNK style.
I know Ep2 still has v2's gay hit system, but with these remoulded stats (and hopefully a better armour system) I'm hoping EVP might make a proper difference now. HUnny could yet win back my approval hehe.

3. HUcast ATA aint all that anymore. The HUcaseal wins, the HUcast bitches with the other HU.

Ok, quick look at the FOmar.
The only thing there is to know yet is that he's a FOmarl with more ATP, less MST.

We can see the difference between the HUnny and FOmar MST.. not too surprising.. the gap isn't as big as what you'd expect for a FO vs HU. He's the least magic FO, she's the most magic HU.. so that's going ok.

His ATA is quite good.. hmm.. or the HU's is quite bad (except HUcaseal). Hmmm barely any room for FOmarl too be higher.. ah actually FOmarl alays did compete with Hunny.. now she'll be close to the HUcast and HUmar to it seems. Interesting.
What's more interesting is ATA in general seems to be getting blurred up a bit more throughout the non-RA classes. This points to the only ATA difference becoming apparent by picking a RA, while HUcaseal will be the 'good' HU for it. Hope it does play out that way, ATA was a bit "AT-who?" in the DC PSOs.

Oh wtf?!
OK this isn't a FO thing, its an EVP thing. Sonic Team really have gone and screwed around with EVP.
Not only does the HUcast have less EVP than ALL the other hunters, but he has less.. than the FOmar.
And.. FOmar has the least EVP of the FO! God dam Indy is gonna block more than a freakin' Hucast! Bahahaaaaa...

Just the thought of a HUcast trying to fight screaming at the Gillchics.. "DIE!! oof.. I *swing* said DI-ouch, dammit.. die bitc-OW GOD DA-OW!! GET TH-*whack* FOUCH!! Oh you guys are so gonna *smack* PAIN!!! ARGRGHH!!!" then he runs behind cutey IndyAnna where she is trying not to giggle at him. ... ... Where was I?

Cool, I never liked EVP. Kalay can take the hits, and Kaloo will love it too.. oh baby Kaloo will probably have the least EVP in PSO!! YEEEEHAWW!!! I'll be running around all like "HIT ME HIT MEEEEE!!! MOREEEEEEEE!!!! AGAIN!! MORRR-ooh crap-HEAL ME HEAL MEEEEE!!!!!!! YAAAHHHH thankyou. HITMEHITMEHITMEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!" http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif lol

Sonic Team have just said "Why in Gods name does HUcast have EVP?" .... then ripped his balls out.
RA EVP still a bit of a mystery. Judging by the new stats for the HU, RAcaseal will beat RAcast, but unlike what we're used to, RAmar and marl will beat the RAdroids.
Man I'm gonna love it if I get a RAcast with the least EVP in PSO! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
So the FOmar has given a bit of insight into the EVP and ATA workings.. everything else is typically FOrcey compared to the HU. Now to wait until Ah king puts up some more.

(Hmm.. If Kaloo has the least EVP, and 0 MST, that's some nice ATA and ATP coming his way! WOohoO.. hmm DFP looks like it'll take a dive though. = )

Hmm RA are just impossible to guess with their HP, DFP and EVP. And I bet they get updated last too.

BWS-1
Jul 3, 2002, 07:46 PM
lol, o well, my first reaction was ... "DAMN YOU SONIC TEAM!!!!" Then again, I won't buy GC PSO so I don't care XD

But honostly, it'll suck for the HUcasts users in Ep1.2

Rhete
Jul 3, 2002, 07:59 PM
Hmm, interesting. I hope Sonic Team knows what they're doing. HUnewearl has the best dfp and evp, but lowest hp. Best defense... only not, heh. Oh well, not like stats really matter to me, I already know what classes I'm using anyways.

Defend
Jul 3, 2002, 08:38 PM
HUcast still seem fine to me. They were plain godlike in v2, now they've lost some ATA and EVP.. no worries imo.

The DFP/HP thing IS wierd.. but will be nice to have. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif They'll still have decent protection in melee, but still be weak as a newearl.

HUcast and HUnewearl for me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

And RAcast and FOmarl hehe..

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Jul 4, 2002, 06:50 AM
Well, lets look at the facts. These stats were based on the Trial version of the game. Which I've even heard is only 40% done. I wont make any real calls until I seee every classes Maxed out Stats. I'm happy to see that the FOmar will be basically a weak Hunter. One thing, has anyone found out what the new max lvl is?

ShadowNeo
Jul 4, 2002, 07:35 AM
Who says that there will be a new max level.

Wewt
Jul 4, 2002, 07:39 AM
On 2002-07-04 05:35, ShadowNeo wrote:
Who says that there will be a new max level.

As crazy as you may sound, you could be right...the chances are extremely slim though.
Unless the actual max level has been confirmed...

ShadowNeo
Jul 4, 2002, 07:47 AM
Are you referring to me as being crazy for dismissing the idea of a new max level or Javier for asking what it will be?

Wewt
Jul 4, 2002, 07:49 AM
You for saying that there might not even be a max level.

ShadowNeo
Jul 4, 2002, 07:53 AM
I said a new max level http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowNeo on 2002-07-04 05:54 ]</font>

Wewt
Jul 4, 2002, 07:54 AM
Proved me wrong http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

ShadowNeo
Jul 4, 2002, 07:56 AM
Indeed http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

TeamPhalanx
Jul 4, 2002, 10:55 AM
The EVP makes sense (lighter the more nimble)

DFP is still weird. I don't understand how metal isn't stronger than flesh.

ATA is also funky. Androids' should be much higher than Human/Newman.

Zio
Jul 4, 2002, 12:31 PM
On 2002-07-04 08:55, TeamPhalanx wrote:
The EVP makes sense (lighter the more nimble)

DFP is still weird. I don't understand how metal isn't stronger than flesh.

ATA is also funky. Androids' should be much higher than Human/Newman.

I agree, DFP for androids should be over DFP for non-androids considering that androids have a tough metal shell.

With ATA, Droid ATA should be higher because they dont have minds, they have "on board computers" so to say, making their ability to accurately hit things much higher and they wouldnt be able to suffer from human error, like a non android would. (or newman error http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Wewt
Jul 4, 2002, 12:41 PM
...Just think of Robocop http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

HC82
Jul 4, 2002, 02:01 PM
In PSO the character growth mimics that of what that particular class dominates in, but the percentage growth never seemed to mimic the maximum base amount.

Even in PSO ver1 the FOnewearl and HUnewearl had the highest dfp/evp growth, but the HUs had the exact same max stat in dfp/evp. Thats not to say ST would do something stupid like that again, but in the case of the EVP the HUcast has indeed really low evp, but there base evp might not be as bad.

The stat growths tend to give a clue on which class dominates in which stat, but doesn't tell exactly what the true max is. HUmar suffers from no shifta/deband, so IMO he will probably have in general, good offensive stats.

Edit: Falling down is determined by the percentage of HP loss from your maximum amount.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HC82 on 2002-07-04 12:03 ]</font>

Malkavian
Jul 4, 2002, 02:25 PM
HUcast will really need skill. With that ultra low evp and low ata it will make the fighting a lot harder, freeze traps ahoy hehe

I'll get HUcaseal for hunter, nice atp and godly ata. And evp at least isn't that bad.

Arg poor Hucast unable to evade heh, that will make solo play really hard

Kent
Jul 4, 2002, 03:30 PM
HAHAhahahaha!

Sonic Team just loves to screw over HUcasts, don't they?

First, they're just mindless bots with the same max ATP as a HUmar or HUnewearl (IN VERSION 1).

Next, they're still mindless bots with a bit higher stats that can set traps (Version 2).

Now, they have lesser defense and evasion than living creatures that have a brain?

What's next? Are they going to make them run slower?

Eh-heh, sucks to be them.

TeamPhalanx
Jul 4, 2002, 03:35 PM
On 2002-07-04 13:30, Kent wrote:
What's next? Are they going to make them run slower?

Actually, since they are heavier, that would make sense. Course, if they do that, RAcasts would be as fast as a Booma in normal.

ShadowNeo
Jul 4, 2002, 03:55 PM
To hell with what Sonic Team has changed, I'm still going to be a HUcast, i'll just have to work that little bit harder.

RedFox
Jul 4, 2002, 04:32 PM
the droids are now seeming to become the definitive intermediate players choice. FOrces will always rule as the true advanced class but its nice to see that ST are adjustin the sub difficulty setting to really define the players experience with the game.

with the 4characters per memory card system, i'll be able to use both HUcaast+HUceaseal and still have one FO and one RA. i'll be playing the game with a much more broad experience this time.

Defend
Jul 4, 2002, 05:07 PM
Well, more care required to use, with greater power at the end.. oh well I guess intermediate.. FO are a different story really.. the non-droids I guess would be the simple-to-handle chars.

Mmm the ATA thing is wierd, it would be quite strange to have a HUcast missing as much as HUnny and HUmar do now.

Good points about the character growth vs max.. I actually thought v1's way was quite good though, some grow slower but max the same... just 100 levels wasn't really enough for it. But perhaps if Ep2 does that, the droids can pick up more ATA after the bios have maxed, etc.

Max stats will be interesting to see.. won't be for ages though I guess, we're all faced with "Ahhh how do I know who to pick?!?"

As for max level.. they better have cottoned on to the idea that 200 is just too much. But.. 100 isn't really enough is it, not now that we're all used to massive EXP drives. Ult is still there too... ok what I'd like is 200 levels, but only say 140 levels worth of Exp. 140 is roughly where people were maxed by anyway.. I think.

Alisha
Jul 4, 2002, 05:23 PM
please who actually picks a charachter for the stats? its ALL about style baby!!

Defend
Jul 4, 2002, 05:41 PM
Heh but then everyone would be RAcast!

XD They are teh schnitz!!! Lordy I love my RAcast hehe.. photo sessions always end up with me still taking pics of my RA 40mins after everyone else has killed Falz and left the game. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

BaronLaw
Jul 4, 2002, 09:02 PM
When it comes to non-Force characters, I like versatility. As I did previously (in V1 & 2), I'll use a RAmar in PSO Episode 1 & 2. Long-range weapon use combined with a fair use of techniques. Moreover, they're the coolest looking cats in the game, in my opinion.

BaronLaw

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BaronLaw on 2002-07-04 19:03 ]</font>

Defend
Jul 4, 2002, 09:38 PM
Can't use daggers, or swords, or partisans.
CAN use spreads, and rifles. But a rifle is just a gun.

And looks? ACkkk..

Malkavian
Jul 5, 2002, 08:47 AM
I read rangers can use partisans in episode 2?

Shadow_Blade
Jul 5, 2002, 10:21 AM
You also have to rember that these are lv 40 chars. Doesn't anyone rember stat increases changing in ver 2 at different lv's? So intill we get some maxed chars at 200 the results are incomplete

ShadowNeo
Jul 5, 2002, 03:25 PM
This is just my opinion, but I think one of the reasons some characters stats have been changed has been due to the introduction of "mega high" weapon percentages, I mean, a "mega high" Hit % on a weapon would probably negate seemingly low ATA.

Defend
Jul 5, 2002, 03:47 PM
Growth rates only changed in v2 because of the level 100 barrier between new and old maxes. Apart from that the growth only varied by amounts small enough to be insignificant. I think we're assuming GC PSO will be like this, doing away with that godawful U-Turn in growth v2 used.

VulpesMundi
Jul 6, 2002, 05:08 AM
These stats sound weirder and weirder everytime someone brings up more information on them. I just don't see a HUnewearl, skantily-clad warrioress, having the highest DFP of the hunters. You'd think the metal-plated droids would have higher DFP. HUnny should have more EVP, tho. Considering they're so light and nimble that fits the model. I also think a HUnny should have better ATA than a HUmar - it's that whole human-feline gene crossover of the newman that makes me think that. And assuming that MST actually means more than being able to learn spells and extra TP, the HUnny may actually find themselves a bit more useful. I've always been partial to HUnnys myself simply because I like how they look. I think my signature is proof enough of that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Anyway, here's my thoughts on what would be more realistic hunter stats (best -> worst)...

ATP: HUcast, HUcaseal, HUmar, HUnewearl.
(HUcast is a droid powerhouse, always has been, always should be. A HUnny is light and nimble, but not as powerful)

DFP: HUcast, HUcaseal, HUmar, HUnewearl.
(HUcast has heavy metal plating to absorb damage whereas a HUnny is light and nimble, not built to take much damage)

MST: HUnewearl, HUmar.
(newman genes are more adept with technical skills than human)

ATA: HUnewearl, HUmar, HUcaseal, HUcast.
(because of her light and nimble frame, a HUnny should realistically be more adept at attacking accurrately whereas a HUcast's bulky, heavy form should make it more difficult to strike targets accurrately)*

EVP: HUnewearl, HUmar, HUcaseal, HUcast.
(because of her light and nimble frame a HUnny should realistically be more adept at dodging attacks whereas a HUcast's bulky, heavy form should make it more difficult to dodge attacks)

HP: HUcast, HUcaseal, HUmar, HUnewearl.
(HUcast has heavy metal plating to absorb damage whereas a HUnny is light and nimble, not built to take much damage)

TP: HUnewearl, HUmar.
(newman genes are more adept with technical skills than human)

* footnote: if you've ever studied the human anatomy in-depth you'll know that more muscle-mass can reduce flexibility and dexterity.

Defend
Jul 6, 2002, 05:43 AM
ie, what v2 would have it be...

BWS-1
Jul 6, 2002, 05:50 AM
Geee, do ST actually use commun sense to attribut stats to character or do they just roll dices and plays "enemenemInemo" to decide which char will have the lil bonus or handicap !?

geee, android think, advance targeting system then BASICLY more ATA ... and having the fastest processor obviously means to think faster then your opponent, allowing you to dodge better the attacks.

And if they dare come and say "well, then it would be unfair for the rest ..." I'd tell them 2 words : "no TP" Now how does that balance??? but nooo, they will not only have the handicap of not being able to use magic, they'll suck in every other stats!!! Makes you wonder how Low-tech the androids built in the world of PSO are ... they must be running on win95 in Ep.1&2 or something -_-

Defend
Jul 6, 2002, 06:04 AM
Well no TP didn't mean anything.. they could still do everything they needed, fast.

Perhaps ST should have really focussed on making MST more useful.. but still, losing EVP on a droid is fine. They're built to take damage. ;p

Malkavian
Jul 6, 2002, 07:05 AM
Awwwww... no, Androids aren0t buld to take damage >_< , no resta

Defend
Jul 6, 2002, 10:28 AM
Ah if you're playing offline.. and then just move out the way hehe..

Malkavian
Jul 6, 2002, 12:09 PM
If you are offline, if you are in challenge, if you are online solo, if you are online with more non resta. And if you dont want to bother your mate healing ya all the time
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif