PDA

View Full Version : Item: High-level/ultimate help?

theeo123
Oct 1, 2004, 10:21 PM
okay, here goes
I finaly made it to Ultimate, on Game Cube a while back,using my Humar. I'm startign to run into serious problems around Mines

my current load out is a Gae-Blog + 20, God-Hand+30 (from the sould of blacksmith quest), and a Reapeater+9 that has a 50% hit boost (as long as it hits constantly it does more damage than the god hand *L*)

but I'm currently level 109 ,and I'm still wearing level 70/71 Armor & shield

I dont recal the exact name of the top of my head unfortunatly, (sorry it's late & my GF is palyign her char so I cant look it up) I cant play online.

so I'm wondering, when/how do I get better armor and/or shield? I'm gettign seriously destroyed in mines, as a single hit from creatures there, can take almsot half my life, more on a crit.

all suggestions welcome

Corey
Oct 1, 2004, 10:27 PM
You don't want a better Armor until Ruins.
Not getting knocked down will in Mines will KILL you.
Check the item database btw

theeo123
Oct 1, 2004, 10:53 PM
the item DatabasE? it dosnt seem to list regular armor & shields.....

as far as knocked down, I dont care about knocked down , it's the sheer amounts of damage I'm taking and I have acess to ruins, it's jsut that I'm getting kileld pretty decently in mines ( made it throguh once, by taking 15 scape dolls with me)

anyway, I'm jsut frustrated, as I would think I would have better armor & sshield by now, 30+ levels since the last time I got new armor? nothing in the shops, nothing being dropped...

Dhylec
Oct 1, 2004, 11:32 PM
the item db doesn't list normal armors & shields

better armors & shields won't make the fight a breeze
it's the strategy, know-how & experience that make it less painful

for example, as a humar, use J/Z to lessen the damage
see the guides on enemies' weakness & take advantage of that

if can't cant take on 'em up-front ^ offensively, do it defensively from a distance..
pipe the shop for charge weps with 50hit for better damage

if you still feel weak, go back to previous areas & lev up more

Gjl
Oct 2, 2004, 03:39 AM
Wouldn't it help if we knew your section ID? I'd say the armour for you is a Guard Wave, lvl 101 armour. The difference between the normal armour types is very little so I wouldn't bother getting the next one up. Instead just go hunt out a decent rare armour (Guard Wave or better).

Tycho
Oct 2, 2004, 05:28 AM
Try God HP's?
I'm not sure, but this will help especially against the Chichs' lasers, because those aren't physical.

theeo123
Oct 2, 2004, 08:04 AM
SectionID is Bluefull

also keep in mind, i cant play online, Rare's are coming at lot less frequently it seems because of that, I'm not sure if that's grounded in fact or not, but I can say for sure, i havn't got "god" anytihgn yet, other than the god-fist wich I got from blacksmith quest.

I've been trying to hunt down a red partisian, so far to no avail, I've got a secret gear, & a delsabers shield, but the "normal" shield I have currently is a bit better than both of them.

I'll try looking into guard wave

so far my strategy has been this
I got a repeater + 9 with a 50% hit bonus, because of it's high ATA it's hitting constantly, when all 3 shots of a burst are hitting, it does more damage, than my God hand, and it's doing it from a distance. usualy I can kill most enemies in caves in two full combos, minesi t takes, 3 full combos. the problem is mobs, when I have 3 or more enemies on me at ones, it get's harder to control them, and usualy one will manage to get a whack in on me. this i dont mind, strategy wise, but even without a critical, at this point, that takes almost half of my 750+ HP, a critical can almost kill me.

Armok
Oct 2, 2004, 10:30 AM
Trying getting more power thats the key to beating mines. Also higher luck means you knock them down more often. Also at pre lv 110 mines with that equipment aint gonna be easy even if you do get the best armor availble to you.

Ketchup345
Oct 2, 2004, 10:33 AM
On 2004-10-02 08:30, Armok wrote:
Trying getting more power thats the key to beating mines. Also higher luck means you knock them down more often. Also at pre lv 110 mines with that equipment aint gonna be easy even if you do get the best armor availble to you.

Luck is only critical hits.

They get knocked down randomly, not at set damage.

Use only the Mechs really, since they do the most damage and are highly accurate. It isn't hard if you use only them with the tactics of early level RAngers (in and out of the doorway).

Blue-Hawk
Oct 2, 2004, 11:09 AM
On 2004-10-02 03:28, Tycho wrote:
Try God HP's?
I'm not sure, but this will help especially against the Chichs' lasers, because those aren't physical.

I would reccomend a God/Body over the HP. Yes, the God/Hp gives 80 HP, but what's the use of it when you can't take a hit? I would rather have the 50 def that a God/Body gives you.

Gjl
Oct 2, 2004, 03:31 PM
Ah Bluefull.... Unfortunately for you Bluefull doesn't find many rare armours.

Go to Ultimate Forest and hunt yourself an Imperial Pick from a Gulgus Gue (1/700 chance). It's the strongest Partisan in the game and Partisans are arguably the best hunter weapon (faster than swords and the Vjaya becomes the most powerful weapon in the game later on). For the best chance of getting it keep doing the Forest of Sorrows quest (make sure you quit before you recieve your reward, otherwise you won't be able to redo it until you've completed all the other quests in the game =/.)

Also you might want to equip Metal/Bodies into your armour slots. They add 30 DFP each which can be pretty helpful.

theeo123
Oct 2, 2004, 06:49 PM
DOH#1 already completed forest of Sorrows
DOH#2 I have no God anyhing, no god HPm, no GOD body, closest I got it metal body

right now I got 4 master abilities equiped.

I've been hunting mainly in caves for a red Partisian , from what i understood the Pick didnt have the same reach as a regular partisan & the gilgus gue's seem to be stingy dropers to begin with

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I appereciate al lthe help everyones giving this is great

I wish I could get online (it's a monetary issue) I havbe a ton of other rare stuff, i could probably trade for one or two decent items, this is my 4th char to make it to Very hard, I kept carrying over equip, this is the first one to make it to Ultimate though.

I'll chek on the Item DB for what/where I can get soem God-body stuff though

can anyone confirm or deny if drop rates are different offline though?