PDA

View Full Version : BB Users, you'd better read this.

Corey
Oct 2, 2004, 01:12 PM
Window mode was just hacked.
And it was given to Broom by a japanese guy too.

Ironic.

It was also figured out you can undo patches, although ST can fix that...just have to see if they can figure it out or not

Getintothegame
Oct 2, 2004, 02:19 PM
Oh noes?

Sonic Team should be able to patch it, eh?

Eanae
Oct 2, 2004, 03:54 PM
Most likely so. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Corey
Oct 2, 2004, 08:11 PM
It was also figured out you can undo patches, although ST can fix that...just have to see if they can figure it out or not

Did you read that? o_O

ST doesn't realize this part yet.
Least I don't think they do.

Akemi
Oct 2, 2004, 10:35 PM
Someone want to mail ST with methods. That's the easiest way to get bugs kinked out, usually.

Last I heard, Broomop's entire ISP block got banned by ST for making a fool out of ST.

Getting back to it, so, this means that all those bankmod trainers and other stuff, eh? Bleh, I'll just stick with XBOX then... Less potential for trouble...

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Oct 3, 2004, 01:57 AM
I thought Xbox PSO was more potential for trouble, it was a more easily hackable system.

Corey
Oct 3, 2004, 02:07 AM
You bet it is.

Shadowpawn
Oct 3, 2004, 11:40 AM
This was bounded to happen sooner or later. When there is a will there is a way.

Akemi
Oct 3, 2004, 05:44 PM
You know, one of the ways to cut down on a lot of cheating (via external trainers at least) is to use encrypted memory space... It'd take them longer to crack and hack their way in, but if BB used such encrypted memory space, ST could use DCMA as something of a leverage to slow the hacks and cracks and what not.

Jut a thought, it's obvious they have a long way to go before BB is completely patche dup insdie befoer worrying about such things.

Just thinking is all.

Jack
Oct 4, 2004, 06:22 AM
Memory encryption is no barrier to hacking. Pokémon Fire Red and Leaf Green have encrypted memory routines, and they've been hacked.

Mystil
Oct 4, 2004, 01:41 PM
Oh great..

Now there will be BB threads full of cheater bitching and how they should be banished to the ruins of Falz, so he can devour thier souls for all eternity.

ST should stop. Any attempt they make that is an obvious way to stop there applications/patchs/games etc from being hacked, people will only come along to prove them wrong, everytime.

Barubary6
Oct 5, 2004, 01:47 AM
Why does anyone care about window mode, anyway?

Melissa

Jack
Oct 5, 2004, 11:44 AM
On 2004-10-04 23:47, Barubary6 wrote:

Melissa

So they can read "HOW TO DOOP" guides without Alt-Tabbing?

Corey
Oct 5, 2004, 02:43 PM
When did you Baru get back? o.o

Simply because the noobs will have an easier time hacking but now that there is going to be an official window mode, this is somewhat pointless-perhaps anyway

Eihwaz
Oct 5, 2004, 05:34 PM

Melissa
Whoa! O_o;

But yeah, Window Mode means you can get IMs if you forgot to turn off your away message without crashing. It also means that random popups won't hurt me either! ^_^

Arislan
Oct 5, 2004, 05:35 PM
How much do you want to bet that the Japanese guy just found the right bit to switch for windowed mode in the current client, which Sega is workingon, and thought he stumbled upon something huge?

Mystil
Oct 5, 2004, 06:18 PM

Melissa

Well, I can answer that being a former FFXI player. Someone had *created* a program that forces the application to allow windowed mode.

Some people have...attention issues. They'd much rather do 'other' things on the PC, while being AFK in game. So there you have it.

schthack
Oct 6, 2004, 11:15 PM
to those that are woried about hack on psobb...

even with the windowed mode ppl cant cheat so easyly pso client use gameguard that prevent memory editing, the pso server check if gameguard is running when u play, so no way to play w/o gameguard(like on gunbound and other game that use nprotect).

i dont think that the cheat will be a problem for a long time since the char are saved on server and cant be modified + all the latess security.

Sega did a nice job to keep the server free of hack.

Corey
Oct 7, 2004, 02:13 PM
Still possible to hack some things though Schthack...
Just noobs can't do it still.

schthack
Oct 7, 2004, 05:31 PM
True, but its only client side(for what i have seen from other player), nothing harmfull for now.. and i noticed that the GM are realy fast on the ban

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: schthack on 2004-10-07 15:44 ]</font>

Shadowpawn
Oct 7, 2004, 06:24 PM
Sega's trying to right a wrong they denied for too long.

Eanae
Oct 8, 2004, 08:56 AM
Realize too that sonic team can log your characters. Obviously they'll detect if you suddenly go from 1 to 50 or something since there's no offline play. As soon as they detect it, they'll get the ban, and that will be the end of that.

Corey
Oct 8, 2004, 02:26 PM
On 2004-10-07 15:31, schthack wrote:
True, but its only client side(for what i have seen from other player), nothing harmfull for now.. and i noticed that the GM are realy fast on the ban

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: schthack on 2004-10-07 15:44 ]</font>

except the NPC hack and WTW hack,
and NPC hack hasnt been public yet