PDA

View Full Version : gaaah, blue burst or not.... i cant decide

atomisk
Oct 3, 2004, 12:49 PM
hi, when i make topics like this i usually just say everything in one big super paragraph so sorry if its hard to read. but anyway, i just recently came back from quiting PSO, and im having fun playing it, but blue burst is soooo tempting right now. and i know i wont be able to stand it when blue burst gets a new level and new weapons. so i was wondering, does it cost much more to play blue burst? and also do very many english speaking people play? I used to play the ffxi import so im no stranger to a foreign game but i dont really think it would be much fun if there were just a few small groups of english speakers that i never really got to see. post your thoughts, thanks.

Cynric
Oct 3, 2004, 01:00 PM
BB is definately worth it imo. It has server-side seaving to prevent cheats and FSOD, it can be updated unlike PSO on a disc, and it is relatively cheap. The HL only costs $9.50 per month.

There are plenty of english players on right noe on the ship Leo, block 3. If you want a straight-up answer: get BB. It's worth the money. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PJ
Oct 3, 2004, 01:32 PM
You have to keep in mind the negatives of it too.

Only 4 characters, unless you register more than once, and then it'll get really expensive =/

If you have a really bad computer (I've heard you don't need a very good computer to run BB), it'll be slow and look ugly (Well, that has to do with the graphics card I assume, sicne I am SO computer dumbdumb >.>). My computer is so bad it can't even run BB x_X

And then, I guess the last one is for people who don't like playing computer games (ala me). I don't think I'd like to use the keyboard for PSO, and you COULD get some sort of adaptor to use some form of controller (GC being the prefered one for me), which isn't a problem for people with money http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Although the last rule can also be reversed to be a positive for people who like computer gaming >.>

atomisk
Oct 3, 2004, 01:42 PM
hmm, well, i dont mind computers, dont need more than 4 chars, so i think i'll try it out. but how are the controls?

ZeddieEddie
Oct 3, 2004, 03:11 PM
I don't have BB, but I think you have 10 extra shortcut buttons... the numbers, 0-9. (I think it goes 1234567890 like near the top of the keyboard) which will come in uber-handy. I really want BB... >_<

Mystil
Oct 3, 2004, 03:30 PM
Get it for the extra challenge and no cheating. In BB death = no no for real this time. As you lose EXP. Making team work much more important. In GC PSO, there's always been a relaxation with death cause only mag synch was effected by it. Personslly I wont play BB because of this. That's the ONLY reason. Everything else I heard about BB, I like.

Kupi
Oct 3, 2004, 05:11 PM
On 2004-10-03 13:30, Silhouette wrote:
Get it for the extra challenge and no cheating. In BB death = no no for real this time. As you lose EXP. Making team work much more important. In GC PSO, there's always been a relaxation with death cause only mag synch was effected by it. Personslly I wont play BB because of this. That's the ONLY reason. Everything else I heard about BB, I like.

Isn't the EXP loss somewhat counterbalanced by the absolutely huge EXP payout from Episode II, though? Or does all the Megid flying around cancel out the potential benefits?

Furthermore, when do you lose the EXP? On the actual death, or the return to Pioneer 2?

Eanae
Oct 3, 2004, 06:05 PM
Quite simply: Blue Burst is deffinetly worth it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Drayma
Oct 3, 2004, 09:16 PM
I saw a USB port controller that looked alot like a S-controller. I've never seen it before. Otherwise I might have gotten BB whereas I got the MP bundle and plus.

Zarode
Oct 3, 2004, 09:43 PM
The game is very much worth it. Oh ya, when you lose EXP, it means YOU SUCK! >D Because you don't die much on BB with the new fixed stats. And you don't lose as much EXP when you die on a boss.

atomisk
Oct 3, 2004, 10:18 PM
ugh, well, im trying to sign up for a hunters liscence, but when i click on the new members button though, it just says use a japanese enabled browser. ive tried everyting to get it to work, can anyone help?

KaFKa
Oct 3, 2004, 10:21 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=82963&forum=1&581

read.

Eanae
Oct 4, 2004, 07:09 AM
On 2004-10-03 20:21, KaFKa wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=82963&forum=1&581

read.

Arsilan's tutorial is a bit out of date. It helped yes, but in the long run, there was alot left out that I couldn't get to work. I needed Arsilan himself to help me out (and a few other people). If you still can't get it to work by this afternoon, drop me a pm, or an IM over aim, and I'll see what I can do to help.

atomisk
Oct 4, 2004, 04:46 PM
well, i got it to work, now i just need to figure out what im doin in game, anybody have a good team i can join? and well, 20 minutes to explain everything. hopefully i'll be able to get on tonight but if not tommorow.

Eanae
Oct 4, 2004, 04:55 PM
On 2004-10-04 14:46, atomisk wrote:
well, i got it to work, now i just need to figure out what im doin in game, anybody have a good team i can join? and well, 20 minutes to explain everything. hopefully i'll be able to get on tonight but if not tommorow.

Join spiralis http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif PM me, and I'll see if I can get on and play with you in a few.

Mystil
Oct 5, 2004, 09:58 AM
On 2004-10-03 15:11, Kupi wrote:

On 2004-10-03 13:30, Silhouette wrote:

Isn't the EXP loss somewhat counterbalanced by the absolutely huge EXP payout from Episode II, though? Or does all the Megid flying around cancel out the potential benefits?

Furthermore, when do you lose the EXP? On the actual death, or the return to Pioneer 2?

Interesting how a BB player disregarded this question.

And it happens upon death. And yes it's easily negated by the loads of exp you get anywyay.

Kupi
Oct 5, 2004, 10:44 AM
On 2004-10-05 07:58, Silhouette wrote:
And it happens upon death.

Which would explain why someone said that they lost a ton of EXP in one Olga Flow fight in another topic. Think harder, Kupi!