PDA

View Full Version : Is PSO coming for the PS2?

Sid
Jul 4, 2002, 09:34 AM
Well i was wondering that.... I mean its coming for the xbox and that crap the gamecube why not make a ps2 version. Dont get me wrong i like the gamecube a bit but that controller suckx. And it dosent have good game exep for zelda and it hasent come out yet.

OwenHimura
Jul 4, 2002, 09:41 AM
cant hate your opnion well i heard rumors on the ps2 release but not certain if there really making one sorry.

ShadowNeo
Jul 4, 2002, 09:41 AM
You claim to like the GameCube a bit yet you refer to it as "that crap the GameCube", slightly contradictory I believe. Also, concerning PSO appearing ont he PS2 I do not really see that happening, Yuji naka really doesn't like Sony's machine so I wouldn't count on it. Sonic Team seems to be putting most of its games onto the GameCube, hell, the GameCube and Gameboy Advance have become Sonic's adopted home.

Anyway you've got Everquest and FFXI on the way for the Playstation 2.

Parn
Jul 4, 2002, 10:24 AM
Time to beat on another dead horse...

If PSO was coming for the PS2, don't you think there'd be news about it all over the place?

PSO isn't coming for PS2. Simple as that.

watashiwa
Jul 4, 2002, 10:26 AM
I had a dream last night that PSO was coming out for PS2, but it was only version 1. I'm not even lying either.

Why the hell did I dream about PSO? =/

Sid
Jul 4, 2002, 10:27 AM
But everquest and ffx1 are online games only rigth? Well i want a game thats online and ofline!!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! lol. Is everquest any good? I have heard of it and its sounds good.

Sid
Jul 4, 2002, 10:38 AM
PSO isn't coming for PS2. Simple as that?

TeamPhalanx
Jul 4, 2002, 10:48 AM
I wouldn't bet one it. Sonic Team isn't too fond of the PS2 so, SEGA would have to hire another team to port a version of the game to the PS2. There may be a chance you'll see PSO 2 for the PS2, but that's a long ways off.

Shrevn
Jul 4, 2002, 10:56 AM
LoL, i actually made a topic about this just now and i didnt know this one was here. Anyways Ived heard RUMORS and only rumors about the pso v2 on the ps2, Altough it would be kinda nice to have it. And for those who say "You already have Everquest and FFXI" Well think about this IS FF the same as PSO? no, So why would we ask for pso if we got FF? because we want PSO too.
Jeez people gota start thinking around here.

Kalbelgarion
Jul 4, 2002, 11:07 AM
Nope. Yuji Naka has said that he hates the complexity of the PS2 and the programming degree of difficulty. He has said that he doesn't want to put a Sonic Team game on the PS2.

Or perhaps he's a mean little fanboy. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

shinokou
Jul 4, 2002, 11:23 AM
On 2002-07-04 08:56, wobba wrote:
LoL, i actually made a topic about this just now and i didnt know this one was here. Anyways Ived heard RUMORS and only rumors about the pso v2 on the ps2, Altough it would be kinda nice to have it. And for those who say "You already have Everquest and FFXI" Well think about this IS FF the same as PSO? no, So why would we ask for pso if we got FF? because we want PSO too.

that was along the lines of what i was about to post http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Naka hates PS2, so dont count on it- i'm just saying this to DRILL IT INTO THE HEADS OF THE PEOPLE WHO KEEP ASKING!!!

I dont think it'll ever release for PS2, though that would be fun, cause unlike with xbox, GC owners could play with PS2 owners... but yeah, most ppl would be ps2 players, AND there would be constant system wars and such.... blah.

ShadowNeo
Jul 4, 2002, 11:38 AM

Since you are obviously referring to my comment I shall correct you, I said "Anyway you've got Everquest and FFXI on the way for the Playstation 2" which sounds slightly less harsh than how you decided to phrase it, people have got to start thinking around here do they? Then set an example and do a little thinking yourself. I am quite aware that FFXI is not the same type of game as PSO, I was simply stating examples of online games coming to the Playstation 2, if it was phrased badly then accept my apologies.

GhoStar
Jul 4, 2002, 11:59 AM
Simpy put: No, it won't be coming to PS2.

Sonic Team have no reason to port games or even work on any other consoles seeing as they've been having so much success on Nintendo platforms.

Here's what Sega themselves said that confirms no PSO on PS2:

Sega Discusses Yearly Plans

By: Nich Maragos June 27, 2002 9:41 AM PDT
At a stockholder's meeting today, Sega revealed their software strategy for the next year and commented on a number of topics. Due to be released this year are 42 games for PlayStation 2, 15 for Xbox, 20 for GameCube, and 12 for Game Boy Advance. No titles were mentioned for PC, but Sega said it was still an important platform for them.

In the question-and-answer session afterward, Sega reiterated that they would not be developing any new Dreamcast games, although there are still a few Dream Collection rereleases of hit games for the system, and a few third parties still had games in development.

Interestingly, they also mentioned that the most important market for them is North America. Such was their reasoning when asked why they continued to support the Xbox, which has a weak following in Japan but stronger support in North America.

In Phantasy Star Online related news, they mentioned that the lack of a fee collection system was one of the reasons why the PlayStation 2 wouldn't be getting a version of Sonic Team's hit online RPG. Sega also announced that a version of the game for release in China was in the works, though they were unsure of which platform it would be for.

http://www.gamers.com/news/1185108

The end.

http://www.sonicteam.com/sonicadv2/img/team.jpg

"NO PSO FOR YOUR PS2!"

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Greg
Jul 4, 2002, 12:50 PM
On 2002-07-04 09:59, GhoStar wrote:

Sonic Team have no reason to port games or even work on any other consoles seeing as they've been having so much success on Nintendo platforms.

Aside from the fact that the PS2 installed user base eclipes the GCN's by the millions, and sonic team could make a bucket of money on it, there is no reason -_-;

See what happens when Fanboys run dev. teams?

SLyNKee
Jul 4, 2002, 01:23 PM
PSO will not be on PS2, I read that PS2 can not run some of the textures that are used in the game, so Its not comming to PS2 get over it

OwenHimura
Jul 4, 2002, 01:28 PM
well the Rumors was false o well i didnt really care i rather it for the cube http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

GhoStar
Jul 4, 2002, 01:30 PM
Aside from the fact that the PS2 installed user base eclipes the GCN's by the millions, and sonic team could make a bucket of money on it, there is no reason

Can you gaurantee Sonic or any Sonic Team game would sell well on PS2 when games like Jak and Daxter and Crash Bandicoot 4 bombed?

I think (like Yuji Naka and Peter Moore have already said) that Sonic is a better fit for Nintendo platforms.

So far Sonic Team exclusive to Nintendo has been quite a succesful venture, probably one of Sega's best.

Working on PS2 could be a good move for Sonic Team, but what with higher royalties than GC and Xbox, more difficult-to-program hardware, stiffer competition for sales from other software and the already proven succes Sonic Team have had with Nintendo platforms you have to think is it a wise business decision, or even a worthy one...

Oh, and I resent being called or even having it suggested that I am a Nintendo fanboy, or even worse: A GAMECUBE FANBOY!

Ugh! WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GhoStar on 2002-07-04 11:55 ]</font>

Northen_Sadistic
Jul 4, 2002, 01:30 PM
Gotta hate ps2, if sony didnt have enough money to spam ads and junk everywhere, it wouldnt be so big. It's like the pop music of the console world, mass market, big lights, but not actually that talented. Pray that no kind of cross platform tomfoolery comes around if PSO ever makes it to that piece of junk. Go to the pub, have a look at all the idiots, and know that too many of them have a ps2, do you really want to have to interact with them? Blah blah blah, rant over.

(not saying that EVERYONE that owns a ps2 is an idiot, just a lot of them)

SSJChenZhen
Jul 4, 2002, 01:31 PM
Lmao! Pso for the pS2? Please..Gimme a break..Lets just stick with the GC and Xbox versions...

Shrevn
Jul 4, 2002, 01:46 PM
With alot of the answers ived read it leads me to wonder? Why all the hate on Playstation 2? Is it because its the best system out there? *Personal Comment and its only a Opinion* or is it because people just dont like how much fame its gotten? Like i said on my previous post, Us Ps2 owners would like pso2 on ps2 because its a great game not because we: 1-Deserve it or 2-we want more online games.

GhoStar
Jul 4, 2002, 01:51 PM
I don't "hate" PS2, I actually enjoy some of the games on it. I don't think it's anything mind-blowing or as good as its popularity indicates, but that's a personal opinion.

Even that said one of the best games I played last year - ICO (ironically a game developed by SCEJ) is only available on PS2. It was also one of the biggest commercial flops to be released last year. A true shame.

SSJChenZhen
Jul 4, 2002, 02:01 PM
I dont hate PS2 at all..In fact, ps2 is my fav system. I just think the ps2 should stick with EQ and FFXI..

TeamPhalanx
Jul 4, 2002, 03:16 PM
On 2002-07-04 11:30, Northen_Sadistic wrote:
Gotta hate ps2, if sony didnt have enough money to spam ads and junk everywhere, it wouldnt be so big. It's like the pop music of the console world, mass market, big lights, but not actually that talented.

Funny thing, the X-Box's marketing budget is twice that of the PSOne/PS2 combined, yet it's in third place. But, that doesn't matter. No doubt SONY gained a large base through marketing and not the great games for the PSOne/PS2. After all, we consumers are so stupid we don't buy consoles for the games it has; instead, we consumers buy consoles that have the best commercials.

BrokenHope
Jul 5, 2002, 06:19 AM
On 2002-07-04 10:50, Greg wrote:

On 2002-07-04 09:59, GhoStar wrote:

Aside from the fact that the PS2 installed user base eclipes the GCN's by the millions, and sonic team could make a bucket of money on it, there is no reason -_-;

I could say the same about smilebit and the xbox

Shrevn
Jul 5, 2002, 10:02 AM
Posted: 2002-07-04 13:16
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funny thing, the X-Box's marketing budget is twice that of the PSOne/PS2 combined, yet it's in third place. But, that doesn't matter. No doubt SONY gained a large base through marketing and not the great games for the PSOne/PS2. After all, we consumers are so stupid we don't buy consoles for the games it has; instead, we consumers buy consoles that have the best commercials.

For once Someone is thinking around here

Rubesahl
Jul 5, 2002, 11:35 AM
On 2002-07-04 11:46, wobba wrote:
With alot of the answers ived read it leads me to wonder? Why all the hate on Playstation 2? Is it because its the best system out there? *Personal Comment and its only a Opinion* or is it because people just dont like how much fame its gotten? Like i said on my previous post, Us Ps2 owners would like pso2 on ps2 because its a great game not because we: 1-Deserve it or 2-we want more online games.

I don't hate it but I greatly dislike it. It does NOT deserve the fame the company and the people who like it give it. Any GC and Xbox owner can agree at this very moment that GC and XB are superior systems than the PS2 and have good games too and better online plan. PS2 is just an example of pop artist Britney Spears: It may had have talent some time but all is covered by blindfolds on people liking it for no reason O___o Surprisingly it's the system that got Britney's dance beat -_________'-# Need I say more...?
The PS2 has so much hype built up that you see people choosing it over the next gen systems because the clerk in EB said it's better V____'V Also strange thing is that people who support this system are the ones that played PSO on Dreamcast. A system that in my opinion was far better than the PS2 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif Like a fellow friend in this same kind of subject said:

"When it was DC vs. PS2, they judged the system because of the graphics. Now that the new next generation consoles have arrived, that is not an applicable quality."

Also, who can like so much a system that DOES NOT have Anti-aliasing? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif "Don't bring it back... the jaggies!" (Gasaraki edited http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) Sadly FFXI is on that system V_v hmph! good thing it's coming to PC http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

On subject:

NO PSO FOR PS2 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif That's all. Sonic Team actually recognizes the new systems as a perfect place for PSO to come back. Don't you think it's surprising that PSO for GC was announced and a while after Xbox version was announced? Sure MS and Sega have a contract, but haven't they made a lot of games for PS2 already? ^___^ Seems that Naka-san clearly sees that the new systems are more adept for his reincarnations of PSO. Now time for breakfast! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Man it took me like 10 minutes writing this, I wonder how long it'll look http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubesahl on 2002-07-05 09:42 ]</font>

TeamPhalanx
Jul 5, 2002, 12:18 PM
Wait, time out. GC and X-Box have better online plans? For starters, what the heck is GC's online plans? Last I checked, Nintendo really doesn't care about online gaming (I'll find an article or quote on that later on). Also, who's ignoring the majority of people online by making their system BB only? Finally, who's the one that impressed the crowd at this year's E3 by having a live demonstration of Madden online?

shinokou
Jul 5, 2002, 12:35 PM
PS2 does NOT deserve the success it has - its the Playstation NAME that is saving it. and why was that playstation name such a big deal? 3rd party support... but that console still wasnt that great. PS2 HAS that third party support once again at this point, and much money can be made on that console... but really, it is an inferior piece of crap hardware wise, and Naka-san doesnt want to deal with that.

Games are now a pop culture kind of thing these days. The thing is, if you release a game on a console that HASNT captured that HUGE audience, your game will many times sell better than it would on that big name console, because it will not become some anonymous release; it is a bigger deal on consoles with less games. On PS2, PSO would be the NON MMORPG ONLINE RPG!!! Even though most MMORPGs tend to suck ass, thats what it would be seen as. On GC and XBOX, its a different story, its that online ARPG. Thats a big deal, and fun for us. A more concentrated audence have their attention held by the game, and they want to learn about it, instead of that impulse buy audience that ps2 is infamous for.

PS2 is not the greatest place for PSO, as it probably WOULDN'T sell as well as it will on XBOX and GC.

Rubesahl
Jul 5, 2002, 12:39 PM
On 2002-07-05 10:18, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Wait, time out. GC and X-Box have better online plans? For starters, what the heck is GC's online plans? Last I checked, Nintendo really doesn't care about online gaming (I'll find an article or quote on that later on). Also, who's ignoring the majority of people online by making their system BB only? Finally, who's the one that impressed the crowd at this year's E3 by having a live demonstration of Madden online?

Hey you're right! About Nintendo anyway. They really don't have anything, guess I let PSO think that was it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Oh and for me the Xbox online plan is a good one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I don't have BB yet and I still think it's the best. I just need to buy a kit worth 50$ and there. As for PS2 I really don't know. So sorry about that,shouldn't have used the example of online plans to prove my point.

TIERREN
Jul 5, 2002, 02:38 PM
This was from an interview prior to the release of PSO

February, 2001

Q: PSO is the first rpg to break "language barriers". Will you break the "console barriers" in the near future?

A: Its difficult to predict whether the translator can be ported to any other system. PSO in its actual shape would never run on any other hardware, even on the PC! We are playing constantly with the V Sync [chip].....so it may never work on the PCs. And if youre talking about the newest consoles, like Sony's [PS2], it will never run: no chance. Maybe on an Xbox or Gamecube. Maybe.

Considering how hard it has been to break the language barrier, only one platform could do it: Dreamcast. Breaking through the hardware wall may represent a marketing advantage, but I dont see any merit in that. When you develop a game for different platforms, you must base your work around the system that is the weakest or least evolved. So if you wanted to make the game run on both Dreamcast and the PS2, you can never get the same result for either. The project would then become a very cheap looking game.

Most of this info is a bit obsolete but it somewhat relates to this topic http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

King_Neo_X
Jul 5, 2002, 04:50 PM
*sigh* Sounds like the fan-boys at my local Wal-Mart... TIME FOR DR. NEO!

*slips on a doctor robe*

'ello class! Today 'ell be digussing the advantages and disadvantages of the PS2, GCN, and X-Box. Yes?

*pulls out a large poster*
ADVANTAGES
----------
PS2: 3rd Party Suppport; Controller Design; Sqaresoft (It diserves it's own catagory.)
GCN: SEGA's Support; Controller Design (Second to PS2); Best 1st Party Game-design
X-Box: Self Support; Best Online Plan; Most Powerful Console

DISADVANTAGES
-------------
PS2: Weakest Console; No Support by Sonic Team; Way Too Much Media Coverage
GCN: No Support by Square (Just some FF anime game...); Undecided Online Plan; Not Enough Media Coverage
X-Box: No Japanese Support; Worst Origonal Controller Design; Some Games Really Suck
*end of poster*

So, you 'ee? Everything 'as it's own advantages! Just live with it... [/bad accent]

*cough* Yea... get a life. Or even better, get all the consoles!

*bumps himself*
No, it isn't. You got GTA3. Go pick up some prostitutes! (If you've played GTA3 before, you should know that trick.)

TeamPhalanx
Jul 5, 2002, 05:10 PM
It should be pointed out that we're talking about consoles and PSO, not consoles in general.

It's true that PSO wouldn't be the same on other consoles. It's rare to have a port of the game play the same on different consoles. There are almost four times as many Playstation 2s out there now then both X-Box and GC combined. That being said, I think the series would sell better if it was released for the PS2.

Also, I still don't see where MS has the best online plans for its console. Certainly, they have the most ambitious plan, but that doesn't make it the best out of the three.

amoralist
Jul 5, 2002, 05:15 PM
PS2 is usually made for sequels (*USUALLY*) often without originality.

GTA3
MGS2:SOL
TTT (Tekken Tag Tournament- which does have a lot of errors in its frame collision, and I'm not the only one)
MOH
FF (I don't have to tell you which one, all of them are kind of alike now)
Crash
Madden
Maximo (considered a Ghosts and Ghouls)
DDR (Dance Dance Revolution, with 6+ games, including all those club mixes)

A lot of games are sequel based. They may have small morsels of new gameplay aspects but they're based off something else.

Other games have done better, even promising more originality.

Devil May Cry (yes, it was supposed to be a RE sequel but spun off to be something else better and somewhat unrelated)

As much as console wars go, originality isn't very high on PS2 list.

Yuji Naka, probably doesn't like the idea of popularity over substance.

Sid
Jul 5, 2002, 05:25 PM
Sega only wants our money thats all. First of all virtua fither suppose to be a ps2 exclusive I heard it was coming to the xbox with a new name and better graphics. Yuki may hate the ps2 but money does the talking here. Second the games that sega are realesing are old remaks of dreamcast games. I played sonic for gamecube and it sucked the dreamcast version in my opinion was better. Gunvalkire for xbox sucked too the only thing that was good was the grapics.Well its all my opinion so it dosent really matter to all of you but one thing is for sure sega dosent really care for gamers.

Kent
Jul 5, 2002, 05:59 PM
On 2002-07-05 04:19, LuvSlave wrote:

On 2002-07-04 10:50, Greg wrote:

I could say the same about smilebit and the xbox

Hmm...

SmileBit has, indeed, made two of the best games available on the Xbox.

...I remember reading an article some time ago that the PlayStation 2 won't get Phantasy Star Online, but instead Phantasy Star V. Can't remember where I heard that though...

GhoStar
Jul 5, 2002, 06:38 PM
It doesn't matter how many flaws you find in Sega's plans, PSO on PS2 is not gonna happen. It's been said by Sega themselves and Sonic Team have showned zero signs of working on Sony's console (they even got another company to port their arcade music/rhyth game to PSOne).

Sony have Virtua Fighter 4 exclusive for 1 year from release (January) and after that year they can make another version (Virtua Fighter 4 Evoloution) for any other console (although VF4E is currently only planned for arcade). Same goes for MGS2, which Sony paid for as a PS2 exclusive, and now it's been a year we'll be seeing it on Xbox in an updated form.

TeamPhalanx
Jul 5, 2002, 08:21 PM
Let's see, unoriginal PS2 games:

Dark Cloud
Fatal Frame
Ico
Jax & Daxtar: The Percursor Legacy
Maximo: Ghosts to Glory
Onimusha
Red Faction
SSX

I'd go on, but oh man... there's just no point, not with all those original PC/PS2 ports that X-Box has.

Dangerous55
Jul 5, 2002, 08:23 PM
GC has alot of sequals too, dont keep saying the PS2 is only rehash. But since when have sequals been a bad thing?

Oh yea, whoever said the X-Box has some really shitty titles. You find me a system that doesnt and youll get a magical shoe.

TeamPhalanx
Jul 5, 2002, 08:30 PM
The stupid part is, the "rehashes" PS2 has aren't that. For example, there's no other game like GTA3. Sure, it's a sequel, but you don't see another game like it out there. The same can be said of other PS2 games.

Dangerous55
Jul 5, 2002, 09:19 PM
On 2002-07-05 18:30, TeamPhalanx wrote:
The stupid part is, the "rehashes" PS2 has aren't that. For example, there's no other game like GTA3. Sure, it's a sequel, but you don't see another game like it out there. The same can be said of other PS2 games.

Good point.

But I wanna know, when did sequals suddenly become bad? Sure new stuff is good, but if that new stuff comes out with a sequal is it bad?

Rubesahl
Jul 6, 2002, 11:19 AM
On 2002-07-05 14:50, King_Neo_X wrote:
*sigh* Sounds like the fan-boys at my local Wal-Mart... TIME FOR DR. NEO!

*slips on a doctor robe*

'ello class! Today 'ell be digussing the advantages and disadvantages of the PS2, GCN, and X-Box. Yes?

*pulls out a large poster*
ADVANTAGES
----------
PS2: 3rd Party Suppport; Controller Design; Sqaresoft (It diserves it's own catagory.)
GCN: SEGA's Support; Controller Design (Second to PS2); Best 1st Party Game-design
X-Box: Self Support; Best Online Plan; Most Powerful Console

DISADVANTAGES
-------------
PS2: Weakest Console; No Support by Sonic Team; Way Too Much Media Coverage
GCN: No Support by Square (Just some FF anime game...); Undecided Online Plan; Not Enough Media Coverage
X-Box: No Japanese Support; Worst Origonal Controller Design; Some Games Really Suck
*end of poster*

So, you 'ee? Everything 'as it's own advantages! Just live with it... [/bad accent]

*cough* Yea... get a life. Or even better, get all the consoles!

*bumps himself*
No, it isn't. You got GTA3. Go pick up some prostitutes! (If you've played GTA3 before, you should know that trick.)

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif Didn't thought peoplen like that existed and dumb all me had good hopes that people wouldn't be so narrow sighted -sigh- Since when the FF games make a console? It's not like it's the winnners crown or something and PS2 have it and they magically sell more because they do(which is sadly partly true I give you that point) But believe me, you'll see people like me that bought a PS2 so I could play specific games. Mostly sequels of PS1 games. I wouldn't judge by controllers, since third parties make too, so if you don't like the original, buy a third party one. As for Xbox controller having awful design... O__o It's completely comfortable with me and believe me, I don't havr BIG HANDS if that's what you're thinking. Even my olde sister(smaller than me though heheh http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) can play it just fine and she has considerably small hands. Yeah some games really suck but that would apply to all consoles http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Tell me which games suck on Xbox and I'lll tell you Dark Cloud wasn't as good as the hype it got O__o It's sooooo monotonous http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif The textures in the stages would cover everything http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif How do you expect NOT to move smooth with such simple design. The building thing was unique though I admmit it.

Also, I still don't see where MS has the best online plans for its console. Certainly, they have the most ambitious plan, but that doesn't make it the best out of the three.

You're quite wrong there. Let's analyze this and correct me if I have any errors (you're cool http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif so I don't mind) :

PS2 - Has a broad online launch with both broadband and narrowband compatible. One disadvantage is the cost. I know there's the network adapter which conveniently has already an ethernet port but you'd have to buy a compatible modem if you go narrowband :/ I don't know if you need the hard drive for all games (and if you did that'd suck O_o) but I think it's mostly for online RPGs. Well, it's around 200$ something in here and Japan O__o Pardon me but that's quite expensive. I wanted to import FFXI but after seeing how much that cost -shivers- Also, games on PS2 I know that they won't look good :/ Best game I've seen has been FFX, Devil may cry, and FFXI. Also they're offline games. Usually online games are toned down so there won't be slowdown when there's a lot of action. Like PSO on DC and it still had some slowdowns.
Plus seeing games with jaggies everywhere doesn't make it any better :/

Xbox - Has voice feature but with keyvoard taken out :/ ONE fee for most of the games except MMORPGs since this kind of game needs more regular updating(and the company can win money too duh; ) Broadband for a lot less lag, online games that rock and are just as good as PS2 ones http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif The thing about the 50$ fee that I like it's that it makes it much more easier. I'm a PC gamer too and having different accounts for different games is quite annoying O_o Having one username for all games is quite comfortable. A lot of people are looking forward to games that look and play awesome 'online'. Xbox oviously has the power for that but it's still wait and see till it actually starts.

See? They do have it's pros and cons but sadly what really outbalances this here is the cost and performance :/

PS2 - For those who bought at first: 50$ and 200$something, the price of a console O__o Those who don't.... 200$ 200$ 50$ O.O

Xbox - For those who have it - 50$ For those who don't - 200$, 50$

See?
Not by a lot but the Xbox one seems to be better. Developers had said so themselves too.

Wren
Jul 6, 2002, 11:45 AM
this post is agrivating and needs to be locked...all the systems have their benefits whether you want to admit it or not.

Shrevn
Jul 6, 2002, 01:14 PM
Quote:

On 2002-07-04 11:46, wobba wrote:

I don't hate it but I greatly dislike it. It does NOT deserve the fame the company and the people who like it give it. Any GC and Xbox owner can agree at this very moment that GC and XB are superior systems than the PS2 and have good games too and better online plan. PS2 is just an example of pop artist Britney Spears: It may had have talent some time but all is covered by blindfolds on people liking it for no reason O___o Surprisingly it's the system that got Britney's dance beat -_________'-# Need I say more...?
The PS2 has so much hype built up that you see people choosing it over the next gen systems because the clerk in EB said it's better V____'V Also strange thing is that people who support this system are the ones that played PSO on Dreamcast. A system that in my opinion was far better than the PS2 Like a fellow friend in this same kind of subject said:

"When it was DC vs. PS2, they judged the system because of the graphics. Now that the new next generation consoles have arrived, that is not an applicable quality."

Also, who can like so much a system that DOES NOT have Anti-aliasing? "Don't bring it back... the jaggies!" (Gasaraki edited ) Sadly FFXI is on that system V_v hmph! good thing it's coming to PC

On subject:

NO PSO FOR PS2 That's all. Sonic Team actually recognizes the new systems as a perfect place for PSO to come back. Don't you think it's surprising that PSO for GC was announced and a while after Xbox version was announced? Sure MS and Sega have a contract, but haven't they made a lot of games for PS2 already? ^___^ Seems that Naka-san clearly sees that the new systems are more adept for his reincarnations of PSO. Now time for breakfast! Man it took me like 10 minutes writing this, I wonder how long it'll look

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hmmm.... The Ps2 has Britneys Dance beat because PLAYSTATIOn, or should i say SONY has connections with almos EVERY great COmpany out there, THEY have so many CRAPPY games out there YES they do because they have so many contract with companys that make their own games. UNLIKE Nintendo and the new CRAP out there Microsoft now trying to get into the bussiness. They dont have that many games out there and why is that, well for starters because their new systems but because they dont have as many companies working for them as SONY does.
Does that make the game quality better for NINTENDO or Microsoft? NOt exacly its all about what the companys want to make for every system.

Posted: 2002-07-05 10:35

PS2 does NOT deserve the success it has - its the Playstation NAME that is saving it. and why was that playstation name such a big deal? 3rd party support... but that console still wasnt that great. PS2 HAS that third party support once again at this point, and much money can be made on that console... but really, it is an inferior piece of crap hardware wise, and Naka-san doesnt want to deal with that.

Games are now a pop culture kind of thing these days. The thing is, if you release a game on a console that HASNT captured that HUGE audience, your game will many times sell better than it would on that big name console, because it will not become some anonymous release; it is a bigger deal on consoles with less games. On PS2, PSO would be the NON MMORPG ONLINE RPG!!! Even though most MMORPGs tend to suck ass, thats what it would be seen as. On GC and XBOX, its a different story, its that online ARPG. Thats a big deal, and fun for us. A more concentrated audence have their attention held by the game, and they want to learn about it, instead of that impulse buy audience that ps2 is infamous for.

PS2 is not the greatest place for PSO, as it probably WOULDN'T sell as well as it will on XBOX and GC.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO your preety much saying that PSO is not as good as ANY other ONLINE RPG that Playstation will make? and it wont live up to its standards since PS2 has other games planned for online.

Posted: 2002-07-05 15:25

Sega only wants our money thats all. First of all virtua fither suppose to be a ps2 exclusive I heard it was coming to the xbox with a new name and better graphics. Yuki may hate the ps2 but money does the talking here. Second the games that sega are realesing are old remaks of dreamcast games. I played sonic for gamecube and it sucked the dreamcast version in my opinion was better. Gunvalkire for xbox sucked too the only thing that was good was the grapics.Well its all my opinion so it dosent really matter to all of you but one thing is for sure sega dosent really care for gamers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats because SEGA is a sell out, They sold out to Microsoft and now to NINTENDO.

Posted: 2002-07-06 09:45

this post is agrivating and needs to be locked...all the systems have their benefits whether you want to admit it or not.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And i wish to add to that,

THEY ARE ALSO ONLY OPINIONS http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

TeamPhalanx
Jul 6, 2002, 01:27 PM
There needs to be a word limit per post...

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Jul 6, 2002, 03:00 PM
On 2002-07-04 11:30, Northen_Sadistic wrote:
Gotta hate ps2, if sony didnt have enough money to spam ads and junk everywhere, it wouldnt be so big.

(not saying that EVERYONE that owns a ps2 is an idiot, just a lot of them)

The PS2 is popular becuase of Playstation 1 was such a success. It's pretty much a set thing. If a system with the name Playstation in it, it will succeed and have great games developed for it.

Man theres too many of these "system hating" topics. The Mods should really take action on this. I mean, I hate the Xbox but I don't attack it.

GhoStar
Jul 6, 2002, 06:51 PM
Way to avoid any of the questions people have asked you in this thread...

Wren
Jul 6, 2002, 11:46 PM
'times like these...i miss dating a lesbian...'

Kent
Jul 7, 2002, 04:34 PM
People need to just shut the hell up about consoles.

We don't give a damn which one you like best, and the last thing we need is more of these fanboys trying to start flame wars...

Wren
Jul 7, 2002, 04:36 PM
AMEN kent...couldn't have said it better myself...this post sucks

Rubesahl
Jul 7, 2002, 05:34 PM
hmph... I would really like if the mods took action and either lock the topics or move it to another section. In fact once the post changes the subject it should be moved or locked. I myself feel stupid by replying in such way and I really should stop V__v

Greg
Jul 7, 2002, 07:28 PM
On 2002-07-05 18:30, TeamPhalanx wrote:

Actually GTA3 is pretty much the same premise as GTA2 with elements of Crazy taxi in it.

TeamPhalanx
Jul 7, 2002, 08:41 PM
Really? You must have that rare developers only, never released to the public version of GTA2 that's not presented in an overhead view and have limited areas.

Greg
Jul 7, 2002, 09:06 PM
On 2002-07-07 18:41, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Really? You must have that rare developers only, never released to the public version of GTA2 that's not presented in an overhead view and have limited areas.

Do you know what the word premise is dick-cheese?

Wren
Jul 7, 2002, 09:26 PM
good god this post is so annoying...all the dude wanted to know was is PSO coming to PS2...the answer is no...who cares about GTA2 and 3 and how they compare...both of you need to shut up

watashiwa
Jul 7, 2002, 09:30 PM
I was actually enjoying this thread, really, but I guess I'll finally give in and lock it. >.>