PDA

View Full Version : allright give me some tips

phoenixspade
Oct 5, 2004, 07:33 PM
ok
I'm a level 99 HUmar(skyly) and I'm trying to find a red sword. any hints that you can offer cuz that damn lily wont appear.(ive tried that telepipe trick in addicting food for hours............)

GrandWarlock
Oct 5, 2004, 07:39 PM
For one thing be patient, that always helps. And if you have online do ttf up to de rol le, there's like 12 lilies or something in that and it doesn't take long to get there either, especially if you just go for the required amount of enemies. If you don't have online i'll get back to you on what to do there.

It would also help if lilies dropped a red sword for skyly, it's a govulmer that drops it for skyly according to the item database(unless i read it wrong). And now i'll check where to find a lot of govulmers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GrandWarlock on 2004-10-05 17:44 ]</font>

phoenixspade
Oct 5, 2004, 07:43 PM
well i have online( and here comes the noob question of the day.....) but what is ttf? also one other thing ive been noticing, when i play regular pso i find items all the time, but when i go and play pso plus i cant even find the crappy rares and ive been playing on plus since it came out. Anyone else notice that yet or is it just me, cuz ive given up on plus completely now......oh and the patient thing, i telelpiped into that room for three hours.......but it was on plus....hmmmmm...... damn you plus......

Quo
Oct 5, 2004, 07:45 PM
For one thing, stop hunting lilies. Govulmers drop skyly red sword. There are guides for enemy counts.

Edit: Several people beat me to the punch. Damn you all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2004-10-05 17:46 ]</font>

Miroku77
Oct 5, 2004, 07:45 PM
OK im not sure where you get your drop rates, but no rare lily, let alone any non rare one...drops red sword...at least not as i can find

GrandWarlock
Oct 5, 2004, 07:46 PM
Oh it's on plus, i have no clue what to do then. And ttf is toward the future.

Skorpius
Oct 5, 2004, 07:47 PM
Red Sword
http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=182&sortby=class

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=631
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=630

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=795

Govulmers for Skyly, not Lilies.

EDIT: Damn you, Quo. My browser was very slow XP

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2004-10-05 17:48 ]</font>

Quo
Oct 5, 2004, 07:48 PM
On 2004-10-05 17:46, GrandWarlock wrote:
Oh it's on plus, i have no clue what to do then. And ttf is toward the future.

Drops don't change on plus. More than likely it's all in his head.

Miroku77
Oct 5, 2004, 07:49 PM
It doesn't matter if he is on plus or whatever...the game is the same accept for some errors that were fixed...duping...double save...and you get some new quests. Skyly finds red sword from Govulmer(sp?) and not from lilys

phoenixspade
Oct 5, 2004, 07:52 PM
thanks for all the help

seriously........ok i like to dragon runs a lot on ultimate(easy exp) on the regular version, i always get at least an angry fist or a dragon slayer once per run.......on plus i havent even found a single one yet. i know it doesnt make any sense but its true. i was just wondering if this was happening to anyone else.

thanks for all the help also and just for the record the lily and the sword were two seperate thoughts i wasnt going after them to get the sword sorry for making it sound like that.

Miroku77
Oct 5, 2004, 07:58 PM
Its not + in the .00000000000000001 amount, its luck, luck, luck, luck, luck, luck, luck! you are just having some bad luck at the period....

P.S. Sorry if i came of offensive, its just that this topic was covered 100 times over a little while back. The only known things to effect rare drops are:
XBOX

Hacked mags
Stacking
There might be more, but thats all i remembe at the time
PSO+

Hacked mags
Stacking

So unless your using stacking or hacked mags, you just haveing bad luck

phoenixspade
Oct 5, 2004, 08:01 PM
neither so i guess thats all. its still annoying though ive never had luck this bad.......oh well. thanks everyone for the insight!

Quo
Oct 5, 2004, 08:04 PM
You lack of drops is just coincidence. It's not unusual at all to have long dry spells.

Waterfall tears is the best place to pipe for lillies. VulpesMundi wrote a guide. You should read it.

chantez131313
Oct 5, 2004, 10:02 PM
On 2004-10-05 17:58, Miroku77 wrote:

P.S. Sorry if i came of offensive, its just that this topic was covered 100 times over a little while back. The only known things to effect rare drops are:
XBOX

Hacked mags
Stacking
PSO+

Hacked mags
Stacking

Sorry to change topic, but this is important. Are you positive that hacked mags lower drop rates? Are is this just a guess? Of course, you said you knew these affected so...Anyhow, please tell me.

Quo
Oct 5, 2004, 10:08 PM
On 2004-10-05 20:02, chantez131313 wrote:

On 2004-10-05 17:58, Miroku77 wrote:

XBOX

Hacked mags
Stacking
PSO+

Hacked mags
Stacking

Sorry to change topic, but this is important. Are you positive that hacked mags lower drop rates? Are is this just a guess? Of course, you said you knew these affected so...Anyhow, please tell me.

Yes, online 1307 mags effect drop rates on the X-Box. I'm not really sure about PSO+ or offline or other types of hacked mags though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2004-10-05 20:09 ]</font>

Joshie
Oct 5, 2004, 10:13 PM
no stacking does not affect drop rates. well it kind of does only if your hosting the game. but hacked mags i know for sure its the same as stacking.

Im pretty sure(i hope), Joshie